-
-
Pronouns
He/Him/His
TNP Nation
Kaschovia
Discord
kaschovia
We'd hold a bracket knockout tournament with a best of three for the final. We'd play using lichess URL challenges.

Who'd be interested? And do you have suggestions for how this idea could be improved?

Count me in for a first round defeat to Mall.

I don't suppose we could go round robin style instead, with each person getting to play white against everyone else (so each pair would play each other twice, alternating sides)? I think that would be more fair and would keep people engaged through the entire event rather than getting knocked out early due to, say, drawing black and getting unlucky.

Darcania:
I don't suppose we could go round robin style instead, with each person getting to play white against everyone else (so each pair would play each other twice, alternating sides)? I think that would be more fair and would keep people engaged through the entire event rather than getting knocked out early due to, say, drawing black and getting unlucky.
Perhaps we could do that before moving onto a finals round with brackets

Yalkan:
Perhaps we could do that before moving onto a finals round with brackets
I think that'd extend the event out a bit too long; with the current amount of people interested a round robin would already be involved enough, in my view.

Darcania:
This makes sense, yeah. And I am assuming the two players with the most wins would play each other in the final once everyone has played each other twice?

I like the round robin, but i'd favor having a final 4 playing best of 5 matches. The higher seed gets to select the color they wish to have 3 times in the series and which colors are used in the first game.

Back