Gladio for Delegate - January 2018!

Gladio

TNPer
iuNR16T.png

Progress and Results!

Hello everyone, I'm Gladio and I am running for the position of Delegate In the January 2018 General Elections! I started playing NationStates In 2011 and I have been a member of The North Pacific ever since.

Most of my work In the region has been within the Ministry of Defense, I'm a General In The North Pacific Army (NPA) and I have served as Minister of Defense for 6 full terms:
-2x under R3naissanc3r
-2x under Plembobria
-1x under Lord Ravenclaw
-1x under Ghost Pallaith

I have also served as Deputy Minister of Defense and Chief of Staff for 1x term under McMasterdonia. I am the longest serving and most active NPAer with over 200 successful missions under my belt, I have successfully recruited and trained many NPAers and I currently hold the record for organizing the op with the largest number of troops mobilized (30).

Aside from the Ministry of Defense, a few years ago I was also a member of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs where I served as an ambassador In several regions, I am also a member of Communications where I have written 3 articles for The Northern Lights and as of recently I have been an active member of Home Affairs where I have helped out with recruitment and have reached the rank of Expert.

Goals

The main priority for Defense In this term will be to train The NPA Officers so that we can have strong and capable leaders that will lead our army In the the next few years. Maintaining a large and active army Is vital so that we can protect our allies and our Interests abroad. For this reason The NPA will continue to conduct regular training operations so that we can Improve our skill and capability while at the same time we will also work with all of our allies by conducting joint-operations with them. If elected Delegate I plan to continue our one-military policy so that we can ensure that our army Is 100% based on home-grown talent and loyal to TNP! Another thing that I would like to see Is to spread awareness of the NPA and its operations on gameside by posting dispatches with reports on successfully completed operations.

I am Impressed with the work that the Ministry of Communications has done for the past two terms and the number of TNL Issues that they've managed to release. If elected Delegate my main priority for the Ministry of Communications would be to continue to consistently release at least one TNL Issue every month. I believe that we have some really excellent writers working In this ministry and we should use their talent to turn TNL Into a quality newspaper.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs Is a very Important part of TNP. Under my delegacy I will make sure that the ministry Is active and that all of our embassies are staffed with active and competent ambassadors. As a region we have diplomatic relations with regions with different ideologies from raider, defender, Imperealist, neutral and Independent. If elected Delegate I plan to maitain our stance as an Independent region and will work to strengthen and foster our relations with all of our allies primarily through Defense where we will organize joint-military missions with all of our allies. The Ministry of Communications will also play a vital role with TNL Issues so that we can keep our embassies active.

The Ministry of Home Affairs plays a very Important role when It comes to recruiting new members and Integrating them Into our community. If we want our government ministries to be active and fully staffed and to work properly and efficently we will need an active HA. I don't have any plans for drastic changes In this ministry, I think the system that It has now and the way It works Is fine and If elected Delegate I will make sure that HA remains active throught the entire term by regularly sending out recruitment lists and we will try to bring In as many new people from gameside as possible, mentor them and encourage them to get Involved In our executive staff.

Culture Is a ministry where I lack experience so for that reason I will have to rely on the next Minister of Culture and the rest of the staff In this ministry to ensure that It continues to run smoothly and actively.

TNP Is the largest region In the game and because of that we also have a very large pool of WA nations along with our membership In WALL gives us considerable Influence In the WA. I am Impressed by the work this ministry has done over the past two terms and under my delegacy this ministry will continue to run smoothly and will remain active.

My plan Is based on realistic goals that I believe I will be able to accomplish, I do not Intend to make any drastic changes to any of the ministries, my main priority will be to make sure that they remain active throught the entire term and to ensure that they run smoothly. So without further ado I would like to ask for your support In the elections, throughout my time In TNP I have proven myself to be an active, loyal and competent player and If elected I will use all my knowledge and experience to make TNP a better place for everyone! It will be an honor for me to serve as Delegate In the largest and most powerful region In the game.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask!

Finally, If you would like to support my campaign, please use this badge In your signature

Bwh9EeI.png

:tnp: :tnp: :tnp:

I like your platform Gladio :)

Who would be your cabinet of legends if you had a choice of anyone?

I am very excited to see Gladio run for Delegate, and I wholeheartedly support him.

I am comfortable making this endorsement so early, without having seen all candidate declarations or campaigns from other declared candidates, simply because I don't think there is currently anyone else more capable and deserving to be Delegate.

Gladio has been among the most dedicated and effective members of the cabinet since 2014. He transformed the NPA from what was essentially a non-entity, to the powerhouse it has been for the past 3 years, consistently ranking as the largest GCR military and among the largest in NS. Under his leadership, the NPA has broken record after record for activity and deployment numbers, and has led major operations with an impact across NS, including refounding Nazi Europe and securing Anne Frank. He is the most decorated member of the NPA, and holds the record in terms of operations he has taken part in - nobody even comes close, really.

But I am sure you all already knew about the military career of Gladio. I wanted to speak of some of his other qualities, as I've come to observe them in the past four years during our joint terms in Cabinet.

Gladio has the best work ethic I have seen among any Ministers during that period. He is on top of the news and has a well-rounded view of all subjects concerning the executive, including both domestic and foreign affairs. It's no wonder that Delegate after Delegate seek his counsel even on matters outside the Ministry of Defense's portfolio. He has often made active contributions to other ministries, e.g., by collaborating with consecutive Ministers of Home Affairs for NPA recruitment, or assisting in WA campaigns. He is well-connected with players abroad, and is widely respected and recognized as a stalwart TNPer.

Last but not least, Gladio will always put the interests of the region first when deciding how to act as a TNP official. I feel confident saying that this is more true of Gladio than of any other member of the executive since 2014. While Gladio's pro-raiding viewpoints are well-known, and indeed he has never hidden them himself, everyone should be confident that, as Delegate, Gladio will always make decisions and enact policies with TNP in his mind as the first and foremost priority. And given his sound judgment and strong experience, I am certain that these decisions and policies will greatly benefit our region.

Given all the above, I believe Gladio will make an amazing Delegate, and I encourage everyone to vote for him.

Lord Ravenclaw:
I like your platform Gladio :)

Who would be your cabinet of legends if you had a choice of anyone?
I think that TNP has alot of talented, skilled and experienced people In pretty much every area so I would have a hard choice, a very Important thing when picking my cabinet would be my relationship with the ministers, I would prefer If they are all people that I've worked with In the past.

Defense: McM - He has served In the position several times and was the first MoD since The NPA's reformation back In 2012, he set the foundations for The NPA. I was recruited and trained by him. Another good pick from the newer members would be Malphe, he has been with us for awhile now and has taken part In many missions, he has recently stepped up by organizing them too!

FA: R3n - I've had the pleasure of working with r3n many times now, under his delegacy I served my first two terms as MoD and I have very good working relations with him and we get along very well. He Is a very skilled diplomat. The World Assembly Legislative League (WALL) was done In his term and he also had a leading role In brokering our treaties with Europeia, TEP, TSP and Albion.

WA: Ghost/Sil Dorsett, from the newer members Deropia.

Culture: Artemis - Has been very active and has made some really nice graphic art.

Communications: Kasch - He has been a member of Comms for multiple terms now and has done a really amazing job, hes served In the position before and has been practically writting many of the articles by himself.

HA: Brend0g/ABC

Excellent platform and, with such a glowing endorsement from r3n, I can pledge my full support once voting opens.

I'll wait for the other candidates to post their platforms and respond to questions before judging who I will support, but this campaign looks... very very strong! :D

Good campaign Gladio. I'm very pleased to see you running after all these years. I maintain that you were my finest NPA protege and the apprentice has certainly overtaken the master in that respect.

I'd like to ask a couple of questions.

What do you think will be the most challenging aspect of being our Delegate?

Would you maintain the unelected advisory positions of some TNP members in the executive government, without asking them to take any oath of office? If so, what role and level of access would they have in your government.

Do you have ideas or priorities for the Culture Minostry in particular for the coming term?

That's all for now.

Hey Gladio. I have a few questions for you:

1) If you could work with any region to create a treaty between ourselves and that region, who would it be and why?

2) What is your opinion on WALL and the work that we do with them?

3) If you had to create another ministry to handle part of the executive, what ministry would you create and why?

4) As you already know, the Delegate has the ability to veto some RA legislation. Under what circumstances would you veto a piece of legislation brought to you by the Speaker?

Some would say that your military service indicates that you have colluded with the NPA to coup the region if you are elected, and that you should be pressed with treason charges. How would you respond?

mcmasterdonia:
Good campaign Gladio. I'm very pleased to see you running after all these years. I maintain that you were my finest NPA protege and the apprentice has certainly overtaken the master in that respect.

Would you maintain the unelected advisory positions of some TNP members in the executive government, without asking them to take any oath of office? If so, what role and level of access would they have in your government.

Do you have ideas or priorities for the Culture Minostry in particular for the coming term?

That's all for now.
1. I think the most challenging aspect of being Delegate Is making sure that all of the ministries remain active throught the entire term, when you're a minister you only have to worry about your own ministry and because of that you only have one problem but when you're a delegate you have six different problems to think about. My biggest challenge In the upcoming term would be the Ministry of Culture. This particular ministry is a weakness of mine because as I mentioned In my platform It Is an area where I have little experience so running this ministry will be challenging and very Interesting. If elected Delegate I will work closely with the Minister of Culture and will rely on his team to set the agenda for the term.

2. Yes I plan to keep some of the advisors, TNP has some really experienced players and I believe they can be of major help with all their knowledge by providing the delegate with advice, new Ideas etc. Naturally they will have access to TNP's executive chat.

I wasn't planning on placing my support behind anybody this election prior to voting but I have absolute confidence in Gladio's ability as delegate so I'll bite. Best of luck!

Owenstacey:
Hey Gladio. I have a few questions for you:

1) If you could work with any region to create a treaty between ourselves and that region, who would it be and why?

2) What is your opinion on WALL and the work that we do with them?

3) If you had to create another ministry to handle part of the executive, what ministry would you create and why?

4) As you already know, the Delegate has the ability to veto some RA legislation. Under what circumstances would you veto a piece of legislation brought to you by the Speaker?
1. Very Interesting question, I think that right now we have a really good network of very powerful and influential allies but If I had to pick a region that I think would make a good ally I would say that I find TWP to be an Interesting choice. We share embassies with them, this past term I've had the pleasure to conduct joint-military ops with TWPAF and they also have treaties with two of our allies Europeia and Equilism.

2. I think that we are very privileged to be a member of WALL, It has alot of potential to Increase our Influence In the WA and at the same time It gives us opportunities to work with our allies that are members of WALL as well.

3. Currently I'm satisfied with the work that Defense, FA, HA, Communications, Culture and WA do and don't plan to Create/Remove any ministries.

4. Difficult to say at this moment, I can't Imagine I'll find myself In a situation where I would have to veto RA legislation but If I ever did It would have to be something that I deem to be damaging and not In TNP's best Interest.

Very straightforward campaign, good luck!

Thank you Zazumo :)

Some would say that your military service indicates that you have colluded with the NPA to coup the region if you are elected, and that you should be pressed with treason charges. How would you respond?

I would purge those who say that. I've been a member of TNP since 2011 and have done alot of work and service for the region, couping would throw all of that away, that being said I will never ever consider a coup.

I wasn't planning on placing my support behind anybody this election prior to voting but I have absolute confidence in Gladio's ability as delegate so I'll bite. Best of luck!

Thank you Malphe :)

Hey. Great campaign. Looks like you got my vote as well. Hope you will win this and become Delegate.

Gladio:

I would purge those who say that. I've been a member of TNP since 2011 and have done alot of work and service for the region, couping would throw all of that away, that being said I will never ever consider a coup.
If I were elected as delegate, and you saw me couping, and the RA had not declared any type of emergency, and you were the only nation close enough to me in endorsements to stop me, would you try to wrest the delegacy from me?

Hey Gladio, happy to see you running! I've always looked up to you, even when giving me a kick in the ass to get more involved in operations :)

For you, I only have one question. As senior Gameside advocate, one of my main priorities is the cooperation and relationship of the TNP forum government and the RMB (Regional Message Board). This past year that relationship has flourished with the addition of gameside advocates and we see interactions between the two entities on a lot of new levels now that many thought impossible. How do you plan to continue this cooperation, or help it grow even further? How do you plan to get the RMB or gameside players more involved in TNP matters/government/issues/etc?

Thank you and good luck!

Where would you like to push for improvement in each of the ministries?

Greetings, Gladio! A question about the activities of the WA Affairs ministry if you don't mind... (Same question I posed to Raven)

While the ministry has been passionate about analyzing General Assembly resolutions, during my time as minister I feel that the same passion is not present for Security Council resolutions. My initial impression is that most of this has to do with the repetitive nature of writing recommendations for or against commendations or condemnations, combined with a lack of awareness of the overall careers of those recognized, favorably or unfavorably, in an SC resolution. Do you agree with this assessment? How would you help to address this since this is one area I was unable to address during my ministership?

Hello Gladio.

I remember writing a TNP newspaper article about your 1 month leading the NPA.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=894320

That was amazing sh**, you lead military ops nearly EVERY minor, and that's one month alone. And to imagine that you'd been doing this every month, starting from 2016, it's insane

Then I saw you start participating in TNP's Executive server and saw you do 200 rows of recruitment telegrams once! (You probably did more but that one recent latest time, you took 200 and I took 10 XD) And you started writing the monthly TNP Northern Light articles. I think I showed you my one article once and you got inspired and started writing your own and taking my job. (Which I encourage, but EEEE)

Anyway, that's all the feedback I've got on you right now. Good luck with your election!

Also, can attest that you're very easy to contact to organize military ops. Military Commanders, Ministers, and Delegates should be easy to reach people, which you are. (Same as the other candidates running for Del too) But regardless,

I think it's refreshing to see a new face run for Delegate that's trustworthy and been in TNP for years.
You and Mall and Raven are the top 3 candidates right now.

Good luck!

Gladio, good to see you expand your interest in the government of TNP. A question.

You have been especially active in the military, the delegate is not primarily a warleader but typically more concerned with diplomacy, do you believe your military experience will help or hinder in this aspect and why do you think so?

Looks solid. You have my support :tnp:

Thank you BMWSurfer, It means alot :tnp:

Hey. Great campaign. Looks like you got my vote as well. Hope you will win this and become Delegate.

Thank you for the support RKO, I really appreciate It :)

If I were elected as delegate, and you saw me couping, and the RA had not declared any type of emergency, and you were the only nation close enough to me in endorsements to stop me, would you try to wrest the delegacy from me?

Yes, I would do anything to protect the region.

Hey Gladio, happy to see you running! I've always looked up to you, even when giving me a kick in the ass to get more involved in operations :)

For you, I only have one question. As senior Gameside advocate, one of my main priorities is the cooperation and relationship of the TNP forum government and the RMB (Regional Message Board). This past year that relationship has flourished with the addition of gameside advocates and we see interactions between the two entities on a lot of new levels now that many thought impossible. How do you plan to continue this cooperation, or help it grow even further? How do you plan to get the RMB or gameside players more involved in TNP matters/government/issues/etc?

Thank you and good luck!

Cooperation between the TNP forum goverment and the RMB Is very Important In my opinion as It has the potential to encourage players from gameside (mainly people who answer Issues) to sign up on the forums and take part In the executive goverment, I've seen first hand the results of this when several active RMB people joined The NPA this term. If elected Delegate I would like to Increase our participation on the RMB, there have been attemps for that this term as well but I believe we could do better.

Where would you like to push for improvement in each of the ministries?

Communications - Has done an excellent job this term under Brend0g and Kasch, getting more active writters/editors Involved would be great, other than that I don't see any other need for Improvements here and I'm satisfied with how this particular ministry performed this term.

Defense - One of my long term goals was to train The NPA Officers so that we could have better leaders and more viable MoDs for that reason long ago I introduced the officer test which gave NPAers the chance to rise up to higher ranks by teaching them basic skills on how to lead their own missions, some of the NPAers have taken this opportunity and I am really happy with their results and will continue to pursue this policy.

FA - This term had all of our ambassadors recalled In order to perform a reassessment and to train the less experienced diplomats but It hasn't gone according to plan and as a result our embassies have remained somewhat Inactive this term, If elected Delegate I plan to rectify this sittuation by making sure that all of our embassies In regions that we have diplomatic relations with are fully staffed and active, I will also consult our Senior Diplomat team to ensure that the work the previous administration did doesn't go to vain.

HA, WA and Culture - Have performed really solid this term and other than keeping them active and running I don't see the need for Improvements at this point.

You have my support General! Good Luck!

~Goy

Thank you for the support Goy :tnp:

(As a reminder, I have only been minister for two months, the embassies have not been inactive the entire term.)

Gladio:

Yes, I would do anything to protect the region.
So you would take action which violates TNP's laws to protect it?

Gladio:
mcmasterdonia:

That's all for now.
1. I think the most challenging aspect of being Delegate Is making sure that all of the ministries remain active throught the entire term, when you're a minister you only have to worry about your own ministry and because of that you only have one problem but when you're a delegate you have six different problems to think about. My biggest challenge In the upcoming term would be the Ministry of Culture. This particular ministry is a weakness of mine because as I mentioned In my platform It Is an area where I have little experience so running this ministry will be challenging and very Interesting. If elected Delegate I will work closely with the Minister of Culture and will rely on his team to set the agenda for the term.

2. Yes I plan to keep some of the advisors, TNP has some really experienced players and I believe they can be of major help with all their knowledge by providing the delegate with advice, new Ideas etc. Naturally they will have access to TNP's executive chat.
Would you require these unelected advisors to take the oath of office, would they have a vote in cabinet meetings? How would you balance their views against that of your cabinet ministers?

Can you articulate what foreign policy for TNP under your leadership would look like?

Greetings, Gladio! A question about the activities of the WA Affairs ministry if you don't mind... (Same question I posed to Raven)

While the ministry has been passionate about analyzing General Assembly resolutions, during my time as minister I feel that the same passion is not present for Security Council resolutions. My initial impression is that most of this has to do with the repetitive nature of writing recommendations for or against commendations or condemnations, combined with a lack of awareness of the overall careers of those recognized, favorably or unfavorably, in an SC resolution. Do you agree with this assessment? How would you help to address this since this is one area I was unable to address during my ministership?

Thank you for the question Sil

For me personally SC resolutions have always been more attractive than the GA ones but that's probably because I've always been Involved In R/D, I guess It depends on what your preference Is. Under my term I would like to cover both types of resolutions with emphasis on SC because In some cases there Is also an FA element to It especially If a SC resolution Is related to commendation of a region that we are allied with.

Hello Gladio.

I remember writing a TNP newspaper article about your 1 month leading the NPA.
https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=894320

That was amazing sh**, you lead military ops nearly EVERY minor, and that's one month alone. And to imagine that you'd been doing this every month, starting from 2016, it's insane

Then I saw you start participating in TNP's Executive server and saw you do 200 rows of recruitment telegrams once! (You probably did more but that one recent latest time, you took 200 and I took 10 XD) And you started writing the monthly TNP Northern Light articles. I think I showed you my one article once and you got inspired and started writing your own and taking my job. (Which I encourage, but EEEE)

Anyway, that's all the feedback I've got on you right now. Good luck with your election!

Also, can attest that you're very easy to contact to organize military ops. Military Commanders, Ministers, and Delegates should be easy to reach people, which you are. (Same as the other candidates running for Del too) But regardless,

I think it's refreshing to see a new face run for Delegate that's trustworthy and been in TNP for years.
You and Mall and Raven are the top 3 candidates right now.

Good luck!

Thank you for the kind words Yuno :)

Gladio, good to see you expand your interest in the government of TNP. A question.

You have been especially active in the military, the delegate is not primarily a warleader but typically more concerned with diplomacy, do you believe your military experience will help or hinder in this aspect and why do you think so?

If you look back at some of the previous delegates that TNP had they either started out or were later members of The NPA. McM started out in The NPA and was our first MoD, Tomb was an officer In The NPA before he became Delegate, Plembobria was also an NPAer for a brief period, Blue Wolf, Eluvatar and many many others. Having military experience does help because Defense and FA are mutually connected, throughout my long military career I've had the chance to work with many military leaders and delegates of other regions and have built connections with them.

You have my vote General!!
:tnp: :npa1:

Thank you :tnp:

So you would take action which violates TNP's laws to protect it?

The NPA has a contigency plan when It comes to rogue delegates so I would act based on that.

plembobria:
I'm sure my family will skin me for this, but I am happy to endorse Gladio for Delegate.
I would have been more surprised if you didn't endorse Gladio. You've made your views very clear on why old Delegates should stay old Delegates :lol:

Hello Gladio.
My question concerns the region of Lazarus and the overthrow of that region's democracy by Funkadelia.
Will you recognize Funkadelia's regime if elected Delegate of the North Pacific?

Would you require these unelected advisors to take the oath of office, would they have a vote in cabinet meetings? How would you balance their views against that of your cabinet ministers?

Can you articulate what foreign policy for TNP under your leadership would look like?

No, I will maintain the current practice and will not require them to take the oath of office, they will have access to the executive chat so that they are up-to-date with ongoing matters so that they can give new Ideas and advice and of course their opinion will be taken Into consideration. As for my FA policy, as I've already outlined In my platform I plan to maintain our current Independent policy that we've adhered to for quite some time now.

I'm sure my family will skin me for this, but I am happy to endorse Gladio for Delegate.

Thank you Plemby! It means alot to have the support of a former two-time Delegate :)

Hello Gladio.
My question concerns the region of Lazarus and the overthrow of that region's democracy by Funkadelia.
Will you recognize Funkadelia's regime if elected Delegate of the North Pacific?

Hello Prydania and thank you for the question.

Concerning Lazarus, we are not allied with them and during the last turmoil that the region was facing two of our allies (The South Pacific and Balder) were Involved on opposite sides for that reason If elected Delegate I plan to maintain our neutral status on the Lazarus Issue.

Are there any regions you see as potential new partners or allies for our region?

Would you sum up the foreign policy focus of your administration in a single quotable sentence?

Have you been in discussions to organise debates?

Back