sil_dorsett
Discord
sildorsett

sc.jpg

Commend Candlewhisper Archive
Category: Commendation | Nominee: Candlewhisper Archive
Proposed by: Helaw | Onsite Topic

This venerable World Assembly,

Noting that every nation of the world faces an overwhelming variety of different political issues on a daily basis,

Believing that Candlewhisper Archive has shown exemplary dedication to presenting these issues to governments in an eloquent and accessible way,

Impressed by the clarity with which Candlewhisper Archive has conveyed the following selection of issues regarding a diverse range of important and multifaceted political circumstances to thousands of nations across the world:
• The decay of cultural awareness (known as 'The Show Must Go On')
• The recognition of depression and other mental illnesses (known as 'Rock 'n' Roll Suicide')
• The healthcare applications of a DNA database (known as 'The Genetics Of Aesthetics'),

Bamboozled and befuddled by the incredibly short time period in which all of this has been achieved, and fully expecting Candlewhisper Archive to continue its good work long into the future,

Observing that the nominee has been a consistent source of wit and wisdom within a multitude of international discussions regarding a wide variety of topics in the past,

Certain that the world would be a particularly less engaging place to live were it not for the aforementioned contributions of the nominee,

Hereby commends Candlewhisper Archive.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[wavote=the_north_pacific,sc]2017_11_03_commend_candlewhisper_archive[/wavote]
[wavote=world,sc]2017_11_03_commend_candlewhisper_archive[/wavote]

Because of legal reasons, the resolution could only include three of Candlewhisper Archive's issues as evidence to support the commendation. Thus, the resolution appears weak on the surface. However, Helaw, another issues editor, pointed out that Candlewhisper Archive has actually authored thirty-two issues and edited one hundred and twenty. Candlewhisper Archive's total contribution to the NationStates community is well deserving of this commendation.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote for the resolution.

It would help if I put the right IFV in here...

For.

As a fan of the Issues' dynamics, and recognizing the work performed by CWA in that area, I totally support this resolution. Yes, being an author/editor may not be "enough" for a commendation, but I think that apart from those roles, CWA has contributed a lot to the whole NS community, be it in the forum or in the game (judging by their contributions in Forest and so on).

Please check this post for reference purposes:
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=30209769#p30209769

Opinion: For all the way. CWA is a deserving candidate for all the contributions to the GI (Got Issues?) Community and the path to commendation has been a long one, deciding how R1 is interpreted.

Sil Dorsett:
The only reason the commendation seems a bit on the weak side is because noting the other issues CWA has worked on would be a Rule 1 violation for mentioning actions done in an NS Staff capacity. Frisbeeteria pointed out in the NS forums that the workload behind the scenes is massive.
https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=32803909#p32803909
I'd be in favour regardless of this work, but this exposes a serious SC problem.

We're commending/condemning OOC work in IC terms because of Rule 4, and now we're commending stuff that without even acknowledging it under Rule 1.

Sorry, this fight seems lost for the moment, but I need this rant from time to time

For, though my personal interactions with CWA are limited, what they have done for the community as a whole is deserving of commendation.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back