Pan-Gotic Union

"With the second round of deadlocked votes coming to a close. It is the prerogative of the Ilian-Taveran State that in the interest of moving forward we formally with the agreement of our Deputy-Commissioner withdraw the nomination of Mr. Hakkert for the Office of Chancellor.

We hope that going forward we can find a way to more easily work through deadlocked situations."

~Commissioner Olrea of Ilia-Taveris

"The Prydanian delegation would like to suggest that Mr. Årnad appoint Mr. Hakkert his deputy upon assuming the office of the Chancellery."

Årnad stood.

"Thank you for the recent support of my campaign, and everlasting gratitude to Mr. Hakkert for stepping down. I hear the Prydanian delegation's petition and hereby appoint Mr. Hakkert as my deputy."

“If this is agreeable with both Mr. Årnad and Mr. Hakkert, we will move on with the appointment of Mr. Årnad as Chancellor. I would like to thank Mr. Hakkert from stepping down to prevent another possible tie. Once more, thank you for having me as Chancellor. It was an honor to serve the Pan-Gotic union.”(*)

(*This was supposed to be before Goy’s post, just a small ooc screwup on my part, apologies.)

14jmx4R.png

Årnad stood.

"I have recieved a communication from the Vallish government regarding their request to join. For the sake of convenience for this legislative session however, I would also like to simultaneously introduce a piece of legislation that the Xentheridan and Goyanean delegations have drafted.

My assistants are now passing out copies of the proposed legislation and application from Valland."

He paused before continuing.

"I now open the floor to debate on both matters at hand."

Pan-Gotic Union Seeds and Genetic Materials Bank​

Purpose:

The purpose of this Vault is for the storage of plant seeds and the genetic material of plants and animals endemic to the nations of the PGU, by storing the aforementioned material within a large vault at chilled temperatures to ensure that metabolic activity is kept to a minimum, preserving the seeds and genetic material for several thousand years. The material will be then taken and used to repopulate that species should it fall into risk of extinction.

Sample donation:

Seed donations will be contained in four-ply foil packages and placed in plastic totes within the storage facility. Embryos or gametes will be stored in liquid nitrogen canisters in the facility. Donations will be accepted from all PGU member and observer states, free of charge.

Financing:

The project will be completely funded and maintained by the Goyanean government in accordance with all the specifications laid herein. There is to be no charge to any donors to the bank.

Temperature:

Within the vault, the room temperature shall be -18°C, or -0.4°F or 255.15°K. This shall be maintained not only by the cold temperatures of the mountain, and shall be cooled by refrigeration units within the vault, powered by solar panels atop and around the vault. The sandstone of the mountain, and its permafrost, shall provide additional insulation, to prevent the warming of the vault’s interior to freezing point for two centuries.

Size:

The facility is to be approximately 1500 m2 in size, which provides ample room for various quantities of samples.

The seed vault is to be located on the ridge of the mountain Fjerg Svartsvind, located in the Northern branch of the Kongsland Range, in southern Osanhalt, Goyanes. The vault is going to be at the elevation mark of 2962 m.

Løfgren took a sip of water before speaking into his microphone.

"In regards to Valland's entrance, we fully support their entry. They will surely only bolster our ability to react to any natural, economic, or military crises. We must welcome our brothers across the sea."

As for the for the hole in the ground.

I understand the pragmatism of focusing on the nations represented here, it is natural to take care of ourselves first. However it would be prudent to gather samples and materials from other non-gotic nations. This would greatly increase costs, but it would be for the best. We are not the only ones on this planet. The more we do to preserve it, the more we all win."

Karri cleared her throat before sitting upright in her seat and leaning towards the microphone which was a bit further than it needed to be.

"While Andrenne supports the entrance of Valland, we would like more information and statistics on them before admitting them into the PGU. Other than that we completely support their entrance. They have a long history with Andrenne and other Gotic nations on Gothis, whether good or bad history. Their admittance would, as Mr. Løfgren said, bolster our Union."

She pulled her seat up a bit so she wouldn't have to lean.

"As for the Seed Bank Proposal, we agree with Mr. Løfgren once more. Andrenne believes it would be very beneficial to collect samples from nations outside of the Pan-Gotic Union. Working to preserve Eras can do no harm."

Anders Meyer, the Vallish ambassador to the PGU council, who had attended the session due to the proposal being discussed concerning Vallish entrance, stood.

"My name is Anders Meyer. I am the Member of the Vårtinget, the Vallish legislature, for Hofgren-Sjaeby, and the chosen representative of the Vallish Confederation to the PGU. To answer Ms. Vistell, I would like to note the following."

Anders paused, before continuing, "The population of Valland is 60,772,150. Its density is 270.7 people per square kilometer, and the Confederation Military has 303,861 troops in total. The GDP is 2,698,342,500,000 NSD, and per capita, it is 44,400 NSD."

Årnad sipped some milktea before standing.

"I hope the presented information satisfies your request, Madam Vistell. Carry on with debate."

Løfgren leaned in to continue once more.

"Just to bring us back to the seed bank. I wish to elaborate on the suggestion made. In case expanding its usage would deter this slight amendment; I'm sure other nations, Yalkan included, would be willing to contribute to funding this project."

Årnad stood.

"While I do appreciate the offer to assist financially, Goyanes is more than able to fund the project. Not to mention, having Goyanes be the single payer alleviates bureaucratic tie-ups related to funding issues"

Løfgren nodded before once again speaking up.

“If that is the case then I suggest we settle this quickly. I move for a vote on both proposals.”

Årnad stood.

"I have noted the motion and accompanying second to vote. My aides are now passing out the ballots."

The aides passed out he ballots to each representative team.

Code:
[b]Nation[/b]:

[b]PGU Seedbank Proposal:[/b] <YEA | NAY | ABSTAIN>

[b]Admission of Valland:[/b] <YEA | NAY | ABSTAIN>

Nation:

PGU Seedbank Proposal: < YEA >

Admission of Valland: < Abstain >

Nation: Prydania

PGU Seedbank Proposal: <YEA>

Admission of Valland: <YEA>

Årnad stood.

"The results have been tallied. The PGU Seedbank Proposal passes, 9 Yeas and 1 Nay. The Admission Request of Valland is granted, with 6 Yeas, 1 Nay, and 3 Abstentions."

He hit the gavel before sitting down.

Elisa Sanner stepped forward brushing her silvered hair from her face keeping her hazel eyes to her representative audience.

"My name is Elisa Sanner and I am here on behalf of the Norsian Commonwealth and my Konigin, Alycia, to ask the Pan Gotic Union for Norsian admittance as an observer state, while we strive towards membership. But today even tomorrow we are not ready for membership of that i have no doubt the PGU can agree.

We have recently reunited our lands and our people towards a common goal again and united under our fledgling democracy and threw off the tyranny we have endured for centuries."

Elisa paused to give herself a moment to relax and continued.

We already stand united with our brethren in Maloria and Prydania now we wish to stand united with our brethren across the sea and across impassable land borders. We can trace our gotic blood, heritage and culture all the way back to times before the first Norsian kingdoms even rose."

Elisa cleared her throat softly and quietly before continuing.

"I will not lie, Norsia works hard and tirelessely to restore what we have destroyed careleasely but we are a long way off and we seek to watch and learn the PGU in their dealings. We hope to apply the PGUs methods and purify our own system as it is plagued with impurities and deficiencies.

On behalf of my Konigin and nation i hope this union votes favorably." Elisa finished and stepped off from the podium

Årnad stood.

"We have received an application for observer membership from the Norsian Commonwealth. My aides are now passing out the request. I open the floor for debate."

Elisa Sanner stepped forward brushing her silvered hair from her face keeping her hazel eyes to her representative audience.

"My name is Elisa Sanner and I am here on behalf of the Norsian Commonwealth and my Konigin, Alycia, to ask the Pan Gotic Union for Norsian admittance as an observer state, while we strive towards membership. But today even tomorrow we are not ready for membership of that i have no doubt the PGU can agree.

We have recently reunited our lands and our people towards a common goal again and united under our fledgling democracy and threw off the tyranny we have endured for centuries."

Elisa paused to give herself a moment to relax and continued.

We already stand united with our brethren in Maloria and Prydania now we wish to stand united with our brethren across the sea and across impassable land borders. We can trace our gotic blood, heritage and culture all the way back to times before the first Norsian kingdoms even rose."

Elisa cleared her throat softly and quietly before continuing.

"I will not lie, Norsia works hard and tirelessely to restore what we have destroyed careleasely but we are a long way off and we seek to watch and learn the PGU in their dealings. We hope to apply the PGUs methods and purify our own system as it is plagued with impurities and deficiencies.

On behalf of my Konigin and nation i hope this union votes favorably." Elisa finished and stepped off from the podium

Mr. Løfgren coughed before adjusting his microphone and then coughed once more. Clearing his throat he proceeded to speak.

"Normally we would be against the Norsians admittance, but I cannot deny the contributions already being made by many of the states represented here. If our fellow comrades feel that it is worth the effort and cost, then we must stand by them. There may be risk involved, but it is a risk that will hopefully play out in our favor."

He paused for a moment obviously lost in his thoughts before continuing.

"I say we skip the observer status. The more direct involvement we have earlier, the better it will turn out for us in the long run."

He sunk back into his seat.

Meyer stood next.

"I concur, but only partly, with Mr. Løfgren. It is true that many members of the Union are already contributing to Norsian recovery, and I wholeheartedly agree that we must stand by the Norsians in these troubled times for their nation, but we cannot immediately proceed to direct involvement." Pausing for a moment to breathe in, he then noted, "As Mr. Løfgren said, the risk involved will hopefully play out in our favor."

"However, that does not imply certainty. We must be cautious." Briefly turning to the Prydanian representative, Kif Krogh, and then back to the whole assembly, he continued, "To illustrate a prior example, Prydania was first admitted as an observer and then admitted fully only once the Syndicalists in that country were mostly defeated. I believe that once Norsia is more stable politically and economically, they should then be admitted as a full member."

"In the meantime, I move that rather than skipping observer status for Norsia, we admit them with observer status until the crises in that country are at least mostly abated."

Kif Krogh turned to face forward after conferring with members of his staff.

"We recognize that the admittance of the Kingdom of Prydania set a certain precedent" he replied, looking to Anders Meyer. "A certain precedent that I feel is being misunderstood."

"We came to this organization in a time of great need. This organization, through its kindness, accepted us as an observer state. A move that cost the PGU nothing as a body. A move that did not require PGU assistance. Merely giving us a forum to seek aid from those that would agree to it."

"In many ways? The Norsian Commonwealth is in a stronger position than Prydania was when we submitted an application for admittance. The Norsians have had their first elections since the end of their civil war. Prydania will be holding theirs in a few months. The results of that election have confirmed support for the side that one that war, a side that has again and again proven its commitment to democratic ideals."

"All this body had was the promise from our sovereign that elections will be had. You all collectively put your faith in His Majesty's hands, and that faith is being rewarded, I am pleased to say. In Norsia however? No leap of faith is needed. Her Grace Queen Alycia has proven the commitment of the new Commonwealth government to democracy. Norsia may not be as stable as Prydania is in some ways, but they have surpassed us, and liven up to this body's lofty standards better than we have, in many ways."

"The Kingdom of Prydania would also like to emphasize that Andrennian, Prydanian, Malorian, and Kanadian military aid will result in the Norsian military falling in line with PGU standards regarding armaments, making the Norsian military a valuable asset to the PGU battlegroup strategy."

"It is the position of my government that Norisa should be admitted as an observer. It would cost the PGU as a body nothing but a sign of goodwill towards a government already proving its intent to govern fairly. We believe that the observer step cannot be skipped, and that it is a natural progression towards Norsia becoming a full member in the future. A day that I believe will come sooner rather than later."

lWHebHH.png

To the valiant functionaries of the Pan-Gotic Union, and whom-other-ever it may concern:
Demescia is a blooming blossom on a comforting cove of Eras, rich with colours unlike anything of any other flower. Where else will you find yurts settled on rugged coasts of olive trees, or funkets and I’?wa’ia Banana Keki served as a side to Kjøkugel and Koki? Where else can you travel from a rainy Gojan-speaking metropolis to an arid Lithonian port or a Syrixian-speaking village in the subtropics in less than a day?

—but I go on a tangent.

We boast a cosmopolitan society of heritages and the proud ancestry of Gotes is no exception. I reckon that five of your full members have set up shop in Demescia during our colonial period, coming for our fertile soils and Lithonian steel, and leaving behind rich tradition that have sustained themselves in our melting pot. Now that a coalition of Gotic-influences has been established, it’d be befitting if we took part. Not much else to be said, so I shall get to the point.

We, the Federal Commonwealth of Demescia, would like to be an observer nation within the Pan-Gotic Union.

I hope that you take us into consideration.

Cordially,
Ito Okeke, Delegate Premier of Demescia.

The elder representative of Ilia-Taveris Coalition sits at Ilia's space alone having dismissed the rest of the Ilian Delegation to go back to the States to campaign for their political parties for the upcoming election. She sits there flipping through a folder of papers, some on the recent polling data in Ilia, some instructions by the Foreign Directorate, and finally some papers on the Norsian State released by the Foreign Directorate to the Commissioner before the meeting.

She went over the information while the Yalkani, Valland, and Prydanian Councillors spoke before she leaned in towards her microphone herself.

"Before I get started. I must relay the information that since the formal dissolving of the Government of the Coalition and the declaration of a Caretaker Government going into Elections in Ilia & Taveris, I will be obligated to abstain in any up coming vote unless it takes place after the elections."

The elder statewoman quietly picks up a glass of water and takes a careful sip to collect her thoughts before she goes back to speaking.

"That being said, until my term is up and/or a new Government installed it is my obligation to relay the opinions of the current Ilian Government. And in so far as Ilia is concerned we are cautiously optimistic towards the Norsian State. We do worry though that with the current government of the Norisan State and the near equal representation of each faction in Norsia that each faction will not get their fair shot at representation in this body. Now to the matter to the point made by the Valland Councillor.

I would like to point out that their own state was not forced to go through an Observership until they could prove that they could uphold the values and be a partner of this Union of States. If that is the position that their representative is going to advocate for I would implore them to resign their status follow their own recommendation for other states.

Ilia yields to the next state that wishes to speak."

Årnad stood.

"Your request to abstain is noted, Madam. I would also like to present another application that we have received from Demescia, seeking an observer membership. My aides will pass out the application. Feel free to continue discussing the Norsian one, and when debate on that ends, we may discuss this one."

lWHebHH.png

To the valiant functionaries of the Pan-Gotic Union, and whom-other-ever it may concern:
Demescia is a blooming blossom on a comforting cove of Eras, rich with colours unlike anything of any other flower. Where else will you find yurts settled on rugged coasts of olive trees, or funkets and I’?wa’ia Banana Keki served as a side to Kjøkugel and Koki? Where else can you travel from a rainy Gojan-speaking metropolis to an arid Lithonian port or a Syrixian-speaking village in the subtropics in less than a day?

—but I go on a tangent.

We boast a cosmopolitan society of heritages and the proud ancestry of Gotes is no exception. I reckon that five of your full members have set up shop in Demescia during our colonial period, coming for our fertile soils and Lithonian steel, and leaving behind rich tradition that have sustained themselves in our melting pot. Now that a coalition of Gotic-influences has been established, it’d be befitting if we took part. Not much else to be said, so I shall get to the point.

We, the Federal Commonwealth of Demescia, would like to be an observer nation within the Pan-Gotic Union.

I hope that you take us into consideration.

Cordially,
Ito Okeke, Delegate Premier of Demescia.

Mr. Løfgren tapped his microphone before speaking.

"We would like to move for a vote on the admittance of the Norsian Commonwealth as an observer."

Kewin Gunnarsson, for once, stood, looking awkward around from heights the elderly representative of Gotmark had never before reached. "Before the Grand Duchy of Gotmark seconds the motion by Mr. Løfgren, I would like to first make a personal statement. It has been an honour to represent the Grand Duchy as the head of our delegation to Pan-Gotic Union. Prior to taking on this role I was a leading member of the non-isolationist faction in the Council of Deputies in my country. I have always believed in the idea that Gotmark should be outward looking, engaging positively with our Gotic friends and brothers, and with the wider world as a whole. It is why I took this role when it was offered, and why I remained in it for so long.

However, all good journeys come to an end, and it seems mine is beginning to finish." Kewin gestured to a very young man sat next to him. "This is Prince Harris Oyvindsson, the Grand Duke's second son and my replacement as Gotmark's representative to the Pan-Gotic Union. I will be advising him in this role."

Kewin sat back down, and a blond haired teenager, who looked even younger than his 18 years, stood, suddenly aware of both the attention of the room, and just how big the role he had been given was. Nervously, he greeted the room. "Hej. I would like to thank Mr Gunnarsson for his service, both as Gotmark's representative to the Pan-Gotic Union, but also to the Grand Duchy throughout his career. I am pleased he is staying on as I get to grips with prestigious and important role. The Pan-Gotic Union represents the Grand Duchy's most important partner internationally, and we value this relationship highly.

"It should come as little surprise that the Grand Duchy supports the membership of the Norsian Commonwealth. We supported the full membership of the Kingdom of Prydania and we already have existing ties with the Norsians, as part of the outreach program to Craviter announced by the Grand Duke. We in Gotmark as hoping to help recover both Norsia's environment and economy in a way that encourages conservation and a rebound of native species of fauna and flora hit hard by the conflict there.

I formally second the motion set forth by Mr. Løfgren."

Back