so like this thing

It is a shame to see you have to go, even temporarily, like this, Syr. I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do next, whether it be school, or something else entirely.

No... :tb3:

I will miss you a lot, Syr, but RL does come first, my friend. Keep in touch, and take good care of yourself. Best of luck with school, RL, and everything.

This isn't meant as a troll or a joke: if you really do have an addiction you need to cut off NS from your life and never look back. Alcoholics can't casually drink, computer addicts can't casually game. Be well.

Thanks for all the well wishes, guys. Please see Edits 1 and 2 in the OP.

And as a final note, any adults here: please. Listen to me. If you ever have kids or already have kids, do NOT give them technology. Help them make friends. Parent them hard. Let them be kids, not cyborgs.

Also, if I do come back: my RP nation will still be the Empire. (Edited!)

See you guys!

[me] presses the decline application button.

Sorry, you can't leave. We've closed the gates on you. Can we swap your staying by kicking someone else out?

^lol

Also, thank you for all the help and good times, we'll do our best to take care of the Phoenix Union until you return c:

One last post before I go-

Xentherida - Today at 10:30 AM
What will happen to your land? Will it be retconned, will it be held in trust as an NPC character?(edited)
Syrixia - Today at 5:38 PM
Hold it in trust as an NPC character. Say that Syrixia voluntarily resigned the GPO-ship in order to ensure that a new GPO would be elected, and true unity in diversity in the PU would be established.
Xentherida - Today at 5:38 PM
What about Esrionet?
Syrixia - Today at 5:38 PM
Same. Hold it in trust.
I will be back this summer, I've decided.
Xentherida - Today at 5:39 PM
Alright. Lemme pass it on.

Also, I'll be much less active when I return, but I won't be inactive from RP. Think of this hiatus as like when Darc did a hiatus thing from last year to this year.

EDIT: If my nation has CTED when I return, I will revive it and reapply for residency. Ok jesus now lemme go ns aaahhhh
lol bye

I hope you stay away from NS :) . I don't mean this sarcastically or in a nasty way. It's good to quit NS. I want to quit it myself but I've failed twice now. So everyone who tries it, I give them an honest wish for good luck in achieving it.

Syrixia,

It is very mature to recognise a need in yourself and respond to it.

In the past, where people have needed to go cold turkey from TNP and have found it difficult, admins have remasked an account to restrict viewing and access. A note is placed on the account that his is not a disciplinary matter, and the masking can be reversed at any time. But some have found restricted access helpful to them.

Just ask if you need it.

I suppose I should explain something to you all about what's been going on for me in the past 2 days. These 2 days alone have actually changed my outlook on life and my lifestyle. And I've had 2 days to think about this post before making it.

As many of you have often seen before, unfortunately, when I get emotional or stressed, I tend to act rashly. It seems childish, I know, and I can explain this tendency, but that would require me to tell my personal story, which will take a while. When I decided to quit NS, that was one such rash action. It was prompted by my mother catching me debate about politics with Xentherida when I should have been doing my homework. I had NS taken away for the day, but through that I had this emotional-driven urge to quit NS entirely. In truth, though, it was a bad idea to quit NS fully- I didn't have a role there that was as taxing and work-filled as others' and Flem told me about the restricted access thing.

Yesterday was my first NSless day in a while. I finished my homework after the 30 minute break on the new schedule I had written for my daily life, and then my father came home and I was totally free of work, but I had nothing to do. I tried talking to my RL friend, but he was probably busy with other stuff (from what I know about him he was also playing a game by himself) Then I tried reading, but I had already read the book in question, so it was boring. Then, I watched Miracle with my dad to kill time (by the way, Miracle is a great movie. If you haven't seen it, SEE IT.)

I still had free time, though. As well, my school's golf club does not even happen during the winter, and before today I thought I could do that as an activity. Plus, yesterday I was thinking about NS ALL DAY. Then I realized that totally quitting something you have been doing a lot for a while is just as bad as doing it too much. Everything in moderation is good. So I realized the best way to be less attached to NS is to just play it less and not make it a priority. As Flem said, if I wanted he could block access to NS for my account. I think that from 7:30 AM to 5 PM on weekdays that would be great. Flem, if you could do that, please, that'd be great.

I also personally plan to only play the game during scheduled free times if there is Absolutely. Nothing. Else. To. Do. and I won't play it during the day on weekends at all. Probably not night either because of TES V: Skyrim, which is, like, the best game ever. As I said, NS is a fun game for me and I don't want to not play it, but I don't want to play it too much so it gets in the way of my life. So I am going to have the best of both worlds so I can have enjoyable RL connections and activities as well as fun game time when I can't do anything else. In short, everything in moderation- I am self-restricting a fun activity that I like so that it is what it should be- a hobby and not a joblike obligation, or atleast something seeming like an obligation. Other people on the game already do this (some have social gatherings, others have work) Already I am closer to my friends.

I think, therefore, that this is best for me as a person. And also, last week and before I played NS way more than I intend to now, and yet during last week and the week before last week my grades skyrocketed. As well, I feel like if I have NS still present and I show restraint, rather than having it not present, I will actually become less addicted as a person and I will accomplish what I wanted to accomplish through all this, which I stated before. (Having NS be a hobby and not seeming like a joblike obligation)

In short, I'm back, but NS won't be a priority for me anymore. Also, I won't become a citizen again for the time being, since I can focus entirely on RP. I will become a citizen again at a later time.

flemingovia:
Sorry, zetaboards is not sophisticated enough to block access in certain hours. It is all or nothing.
Shame. I'll just have to take it upon myself to consciously not log on during those hours. Maybe I just will have my dad hide my phone or something.

I'm not sure if you need the computer for homeworks or such but I recall my own mother putting a time lock on the computer I used to stop me from using it between certain times, meaning that could be an option? Not sure about phones though.

There are web extensions out there that might be sophisticated enough to do what you ask. The problem is that you're trying to casually do something that (you seem to have at least previously believed) you are addicted to. I'm not a psychologist or a psychiatrist, but if you're addicted to something then by definition you're going to have difficulty restraining yourself from accessing it.

Mall:
There are web extensions out there that might be sophisticated enough to do what you ask. The problem is that you're trying to casually do something that (you seem to have at least previously believed) you are addicted to. I'm not a psychologist or a psychiatrist, but if you're addicted to something then by definition you're going to have difficulty restraining yourself from accessing it.
I agree here.

From what we can gather through few lines of text on the internet, there is a bigger issue at hand. Please try to be careful with how you spend your free time -- time that may grow to be less and less as life goes on.

Mall:
I would say it's certainly worked today. I've finished all of the work I had to get done. :clap:

Syrixia:
I thought I could control myself but I can't. I have an addiction to these games and I need to turn my life around. I thought if I went back to just RPing I'd be fine and I could slowly get rid of my addiction, but it failed and it's time for drastic measures.

As much as I don't want to, and as much as it seems a dick move, I have to do this. I quit.

I may be back at a future time. I don't know. But I will be. So until then, cya.

EDIT: I resign my citizenship. I will maintain residency until that lapses.

EDIT 2: Thanks for all your well wishes, guys. I've decided that I may consider returning this summer, if my condition is well and I have successfully destroyed my overreliance on technology.
We all hope you come back eventually, but until then enjoy your time off!

Back