-
-
-
Category: Liberation
Nominee (region): Social Liberal Union
Proposed by: Filthy Casualz
Onsite Topic

Description: THE SECURITY COUNCIL,

Recognizing Social Liberal Union as a flourishing region of nearly six years, home to over one hundred native nations,

Appalled that The Invader Network of The Invaders, The Communist Bloc, The Kingdom of Great Britain, and USSD, along with their friends from The West Pacific and Exodus, has broken the peace by executing a massive invasion on this well-meaning community,

Impressed, despite the dire situation in Social Liberal Union, that Marshal T E Lawrence of The Invaders, in cohorts with other elite raiders, was able to conduct this seemingly-impossible invasion,

Determined to end The Invaders’ reign of terror on Social Liberal Union, which includes the banishings of many natives of the community,

Establishing that the possibility of the institution of strict border control policies is high, given the fact that Operation Golden Gate was a stealth operation stemming back months ago,

Realizing that without outside intervention that this invasion will see the end to the thriving community life of SLU; the Security Council hereby liberates Social Liberal Union.

Please vote For, Against, Abstain, or Present

Without a doubt the occupation of Social Liberal Union demands a liberation. Given the length of the stealth operation it is imperative that we take action before the raiders' influence accumulates any further and makes further action impossible. The resolution before us, however, is blatant invader propaganda masquerading as a liberation written by someone with good intentions. The intention behind this resolution is to further glorify the very same invaders responsible for the occupation, as evidenced by the fact the invader delegate was among those who proposed it, the author used WA status specifically to make this resolution and has ties to the invaders, and a new nation was created less than a day ago just to submit a campaign to get the proposal into queue. There exists a superior liberation written with the consent of the region's natives that does not give undue recognition to the forces responsible for the region's plight, one that a different campaign was launched to support but that was overshadowed by the more organized raiders. It is true that both resolutions will accomplish the same necessary end, and this is what the invaders are counting on to get this self-serving resolution passed. This resolution will ultimately help Social Liberal Union fight back and get them on their way to taking back their region, but it will also enhance the prestige of their victimizers and define the occupation on their terms. We have time to get this right and foil another attempt by raiders to manipulate and play us for fools.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote against the resolution.

The nation of the author is created only 24 hours ago, and he left the WA directly after he submitted the proposal. Also, the first letters of the clauses spell RAIDER. The author behaves suspiciously and his intent is unclear.

Against

This is essentially branding and as much an insult to the WA and its members as previous 'witty' attempts at resolutions.

That said, I can certainly see why people would be in favour of it, despite the content of the resolution.

Against.

This isn't a liberation, this is a commendation.

EDIT:

I'll be changing my vote to an Abstain (as in the Delegate should Abstain).

Absolutely, positively Against.
This one is just a commendation of the raiders who took it over who want a permanent trophy to their "awesomeness".
St. George's description of raiders comes into mind for this one.
Just... no. There's a much better version of this same proposal that actually condemns the raiders in its writing in the works which I would gladly vote For.

The day has come where I am going to swallow my pride and be serious about an SC proposal.

I am strongly for this. I have known the SLU guys for a few years now and they are good people and reasonably active.

And personally I don't care if it is a joke or etc. I want them liberated as soon as possible. I don't want these people who I have respect for have to wait until just the right proposal gets in place.

Lord Lore:
The day has come where I am going to swallow my pride and be serious about an SC proposal.

I am strongly for this. I have known the SLU guys for a few years now and they are good people and reasonably active.

What of this?
Avaerilon:
As one of the longest-standing members of the SLU, and a previous delegate, I can safely say that this proposal does not reflect the will or interest of the legitimate member states of the region. It's an attempt to add silver to the trophy cabinet and make matters more complicated, as opposed to the other proposal. I've voted against it, and I would encourage anyone else with the interests of the native member states of the SLU in their minds to do the same.

I have just received a tag:wa telegram against the resolution. I have changed my vote to For it.

EDIT: I'm conflicted upon further discovery. Abstaining :P

Lord Lore:

And personally I don't care if it is a joke or etc. I want them liberated as soon as possible. I don't want these people who I have respect for have to wait until just the right proposal gets in place.

The region is not passworded, and it will take weeks to password it. There's time.

For the record, this is the tag:wa telegram mentioned:

Anaaxes:
Greetings %NATION%,

A liberation resolution proposed by Filthy_Casualz is currently at vote before the Security Council. Speaking on behalf of the legitimate government of the Social Liberal Union, I ask that you vote AGAINST the resolution here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=sc
  • The natives of the region do not want this proposal which glorifies their invaders to pass.
  • The nation that proposed it was created about 1 day ago, and then resigned from the WA shortly after they submitted it.
  • The invader delegate of our region is actually voting FOR it.
  • And perhaps most the damning evidence against this resolution, is that the first letters of each clause in the resolution spell the word "RAIDER."
  • Read more about this dodgy resolution at: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=391526
We ask that you also encourage your region's WA Delegate to approve the far better liberation proposal authored by [nation=short]UED[/nation], which can be found here: https://www.nationstates.net/page=UN_view_proposal/id=ued_1475996379

I hope that we can rely on your vote FOR that resolution, once it reaches the SC voting floor.

With assurances of my highest consideration,

Anaaxes
Minister of Domestic Affairs & Former Delegate
Social Liberal Union

Praetor:
I have just received a tag:wa telegram against the resolution. I have changed my vote to For it.

So Tag:wa telegrams only matter when they matter?

I do not see how this resolution amounts to a commendation of the raiders. It is a liberation and gives nobody a badge.

For.

flemingovia:
Praetor:

I do not see how this resolution amounts to a commendation of the raiders. It is a liberation and gives nobody a badge.

For.

It gives the region a badge.

If it passes, until such time as the region gets it repealed, they will have a badge on their region page that talks about how amazing the invaders who tormented them were. Furthermore:
Eluvatar:
Lord Lore:

The region is not passworded, and it will take weeks to password it. There's time.

flemingovia:
Praetor:

For.
No. I'm considering it carefully.

I have talked to UED, the individual who wrote the second liberation proposal.

The Invaders are doing something which I find equally, if not more distasteful with their resolution. And a liberation is a liberation...

On the other hand I don't believe that The Invaders should be commended.

The alternative liberation written by SLU's allies has been submitted as a formal proposal and already has the amount of support necessary to come to vote. For this reason, I change my vote.

Against

Against.

As mentioned by others preceding; the form and manner of this liberation resolution glorifies the raiders/invaders.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back