official floof
-
Pronouns
he/they
TNP Nation
Darcania
Discord
@zephyrkul
as a method, essentially, of justifying my leave and justifying a new spot on the map. Also for fun; always wanted to blow up a nation.

There is no guarantee that this RP would happen. I want to discuss first, and also get back into the feel of things around here. And also talk to my therapist before I dive back into RPing, which is why I haven't claimed a spot on the map.

Essentially, through my previous RPs, I've been laying the groundwork for a villain to revolt against Darcania and take it down (to what extent wasn't decided). Now I have good reason to actually RP that, as well as the refounding.

Major characters from my side would involve Zephyr kul Sanguine (bad guy), Scian kul Kroning (and other gov. figures) from Wyssiria, Landebert Beckett Edric from Klarliert, Wheiss kul Katura from Wolfsea, Seira and Sura kul Sunft from Guslantis, and Asayis kul Kyloth from Syrixia (we may never have RPed that, but hey, it's an option. We could figure out details at some point). Other clan leaders would also be present.

As it's a revolution, other nations could feel free to take sides, even providing assistance to Zephyr in the form of military goods or troops.

The level of detail I provide (either posting national notices or detailed character RP) depends on how the RP goes. Others can request to control characters depending on how well they know Darcania and their RP ability so it's not a solo RP.

In the end, while the revolution is put down, the nation of Darcania is effectively defunct, with Klarliert and Wyssiria essentially dead land, and the central government scattered. There'd be a period of war refugees (both dragon and human) before a new Darcania 2.0 is founded.

Quick note: If you don't like the idea of RPing with dragons involved, then you don't have to.

:fish:

Personally, I think since we have been refocusing on more realism especially after the map reboot. I would suggest if this happens to push the Darcania from the old map into the past and make the dragons and its old islands a group of stories handed down through the generations.

Lord Lore:
Personally, I think since we have been refocusing on more realism especially after the map reboot. I would suggest if this happens to push the Darcania from the old map into the past and make the dragons and its old islands a group of stories handed down through the generations.
That could work. I'd still like to try out this RP in any case, though, as a kind of jumping point.

I would definitely like to look into re-canon-izing Clan Kyloth and doing it without certain embarrassing moments this time.

I do think, though, that you do not need to destroy and restore Darcania; but rather work with the nations that had/have dragons in them on that matter and just resuming things as they were; but with foreign policy adjusted to fit the new map and the nations in it.

(as well as, of course, a map claim on the new map.)

Just my :2c: .

Lord Lore:
I think this would really make sense, given the way things have been going RP wise. Realism has been the focus over fantasy.

However it would work from a mythical/ancient stories perspective, and could possibly be expanded in a religious sense.. i.e. various dragons as deities and others as satan like figures? Just a thought.

Realism has never been the focus over fantasy, nor vice versa. We have sentient AIs running around and not too long ago I'm pretty sure Cronaal was glassed to fuckery.

St George:
Realism has never been the focus over fantasy, nor vice versa. We have sentient AIs running around and not too long ago I'm pretty sure Cronaal was glassed to fuckery.
Lore also said we were refocusing on realism.

Could you explain why you think fantasy is as equally focused on as realism? I would argue that AI is a little bit different in that people few it as a potential future technology, rather than an ancient mythical beast that has never and will never exist.

St George:
I agree with this. I personally believe that RPers have a right to establish non-human sentient species in their nations. If people don't like dragons, they just shouldn't RP with Darcania, that's all. :2c:

St George:
mcmasterdonia:

Could you explain why you think fantasy is as equally focused on as realism? I would argue that AI is a little bit different in that people few it as a potential future technology, rather than an ancient mythical beast that has never and will never exist.
I'm confused.

When Syrixia persuaded me to come back he said dragons were allowed again. Are they or are they not?

Dragons were never not allowed, and RP Moderation is not in the business of outright banning things and concepts and the like, unless it is causing massive disruption or is clearly metagaming.

What has always been the case, however, is that an RPer can say 'I don't recognise dragons in my RPs' or something similar, and then if you want to RP with them (or already are when they say that) then its up to the two of you to work something out - whether that's in this specific instance you just RP with humans, or something else, that'd be up to you.

Roleplay is supposed to be a cooperative effort to tell a story from multiple viewpoints. It cannot - or should not, at least - be forced upon someone. I can no more force someone to RP with dragons than I can force them to RP in French. If they don't want to do it, they don't have to.

At the same time, however, being able to say 'no i don't recognise that' or 'no that didn't happen' is a powerful thing that has to be used responsibility. As a community we shouldn't let people go 'no your attack missed my soldiers completely', obviously, but that again comes down to the whole RP is cooperative, not forced thing. We can self-police that kind of thing, with mass ignore canons - although I'd to think we'll never have to as we've got a good group of RPers here, and if needed the RP Mods can jump in.

mcmasterdonia:
St George:

There's never been a conscious choice to go 'Ok we're focussing on realism', or 'let's de-emphasise fantasy to focus on realism'. That's never happened because our RP has never been focused on either. If you want realism we can scrap the map and I can do a real world one and you can be France and I can be the UK. That would be realism.

Cogoria will recognise dragons. I personally think MIGs dogfighting with dragons is something the world needs much much more of

St George:
mcmasterdonia:
St George:

There's never been a conscious choice to go 'Ok we're focussing on realism', or 'let's de-emphasise fantasy to focus on realism'. That's never happened because our RP has never been focused on either. If you want realism we can scrap the map and I can do a real world one and you can be France and I can be the UK. That would be realism.
Well.. I am certainly not asking for realism on that scale. One would assume you could look at it as if it occupies a continuum, fantasy on one end, and realism on the other. I would say we lean close towards the realism end of things, without necessarily adopting all features of the real world.

I simply meant realism in the sense of nations with governments and people, as opposed to dragons burning people alive.

But nonetheless I am happy with your earlier post on how this can be handled. I will not recognise dragons and instead will assume all actions committed by dragons are by humans.

Syrixia:
St George:
I agree with this. I personally believe that RPers have a right to establish non-human sentient species in their nations. If people don't like dragons, they just shouldn't RP with Darcania, that's all. :2c:

Lets say that Syrixia wants nations to invade it because the Emperor is evil. A coalition is formed consisting of multiple nations as naturally it is a war and every Tom, Dick, and Harry wishes to join in. However if Darcania is to join that same coalition and send dragons into the modern war sense, that would make it very difficult for other nations to participate. So it would leave you as the nation hosting the RP having to take on that battle of deciding when you want dragons to be involved, and when you don't.

You would have some nations accepting the dragons and others not. What would be the final narrative for how the war played out?

I myself accept dragons in our universe, I've already canonified a race who some would say akin to elves and plan to introduce 'magic' of sorts in TNH, it'd simply be hypocritical of me. Aside that, I'm almost certain that Darcania's dragons aren't simply carbon copies of whatever's in a 13 year olds dnd game either.

Cogoria:
Cogoria will recognise dragons. I personally think MIGs dogfighting with dragons is something the world needs much much more of
YES YES YES YES YES YES YES
St George:
To be fair, the AIs are 800-odd years in the future.

Cogoria:
That would be cool, but it would be non-canon, since my dragons are non-magical in nature (besides flight, since they're pretty big). I avoid war because any nation with modern military arms would end up committing genocide quite easily if they're not careful.

Nebula:
Cogoria:
St George:
Not even 800. We have several in current times. EVA, Ayuda, and a few others that I can't remember the name of.

I'm fine with dragons personally, and have plans for similar creatures in my nation.

Yeraennus:
Nebula:
Cogoria:
St George:
Not even 800. We have several in current times. EVA, Ayuda, and a few others that I can't remember the name of.

I'm fine with dragons personally, and have plans for similar creatures in my nation.
Sionne. Also AI is pretty much at the "Ironing kinks out stage" along with Cybernetics so expect them within the next twenty or so years.

Back