The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
Far North of Khaarha'ku Province, Syrixia
July 21, 2015, 5:48 PM

Asayis looked around her mountain palace. The Rhuvish War was over, and the Nebulan Emperator's approval ratings were, according to intel she'd heard, gone down recently. While the Red Bloc had won the war, peace prevailed at the moment, and an end seemed in sight to the tensions of recent times, the wars, and the opposition between Red and Blue. Long ago, the founder of her clan, Kyloth, left the island of Darcania in search of new adventures and experiences. He found Melletonia, the ancient proto-Syrixian kingdom. This kingdom lasted into the AD years, witnessing the birth of Namus Chrost, the great religious prophet and messiah who founded what would become the Church of Syrixia.

Kyloth, however, arrived before then, during the reign of the legendary first Melletonian king, who was a figurehead of Melletonian and eventually Syrixian society; Alfred the First, whom upon his birth, Alfred Nursson happened to named after. This exemplifies just how powerful Alfred's legacy was, making Alfred a perfect friend, comrade and brother in arms for Kyloth. Kyloth descended from the skies one day all those centuries ago with his ten children, who had accompanied him on his quest following the death of their mother. Five sons there were; and five daughters. And they all became brothers with Alfred, and made peace with the then suspicious humans of Melletonia soon afterwards.

Asayis remembered the legends of her ancestor, father of the founders of the Ten Subclans, first Leader of the Clan. Indeed, when he landed upon the Melletonian hills outside of Miraca, he was now able to accept his differences. He was out on his own with his kids. Just Kyloth, he would be no more. Now, he was Kyloth... kul Kyloth. He named the Clan after himself, and had many an adventure with the wise King, becoming his trusty mount and best friend, better even than the King's human compatriots. Destroying raiding barbarian tribes on the outside of the Kingdom, protecting the ancient Wealth of Demhakar, and spreading his and Alfred's name throughout the land, Kyloth was truly amazing.

The King even went so far as to knight him, though Alfred was never regarded by Kyloth as Kyloth's lord, and they both had made that intentional. Their bond was beyond that of a Knight and his Lord; it was that of a powerful King and a powerful warrior. But Kyloth was no ordinary warrior. He was not human as all of Alfred's other warriors were. And this put Kyloth, combined with his feats and his positions, on the path to great prestige, which would make him the stuff of legends, along with his children. He outlived his King by far, his life spanning hundreds of years like most of his kind. And when he died in battle against the armies of Mercia and Sailendra, the traitorous provinces whose rebellion would destroy the Kingdom; his children continued his legacy.

However, they did not do so in triumph, for the loss of their father, Asayis knew, came with another loss...the rise of the Syrixian Empire. Emperor Mehet the First, founder of the Empire, stressed the importance of Syrixian domination, and did not regard the Kyloth Clan as true Syrixians, as they were not human. Now in exile, the Kyloth Clan moved to the northern plateaus of Syrixia. At this point, the clan was more numerous, and the ten children of Kyloth established a system of clan government, in memory of their old motherland. The leader of the clan would have a body of 10 advisors called the Tribunal, each from a subdivision of the Clan.

Each subdivision of the clan, known as a Subclan, is descended from one of Kyloth's 10 children; five sons and five daughters. As their names were never told in the Legends, the Clan today simply numbered their Subclans, from the First Subclan to the Tenth Subclan. A Subclan's Tribunal member would be elected by the dragons of that Subclan, and the Tribunal would appoint the Clan Leader. This Clan Leader would have the final say and his powers would be similar to that of an absolute monarch, however all the members of the clan would have the right to depose the Clan Leader if they feel he is a tyrant or a bad leader. Each specific subclan, as well, would have the right to depose their Tribunal member. This system was used for generations to come, however the clan slowly waned over time. And eventually, in 1947, the Syrixian Empire, which at that point seemed to be eternal to the Kyloth Clan, fell at last.

While communist, the People's Republic of Syrixia was certainly better than the Empire, and in the eyes of the Kyloth Clan, was the first step of the Syrixians towards righteousness and freedom once more. And indeed, the way Syrixia interpreted that would turn out MUCH better than Melletonia would ever hope to dream of. Modern technology and new thinking, as well as the end of the Empire, attracted former members to the Clan as well as others, and the Kyloth Clan began to grow once more. The foundation of the Republic of Syrixia and the reforms leading to the Most Serene Republic of Syrixia further escalated the Clan's recuperation. It all came to a head for the Kyloth Clan during one Uthvaq Shanar celebration, when international dignitaries were invited to celebrate. Among these was one Kultur kul Luft.

Darcania had relations with Syrixia! The nation, now RUN by its dragons, was now reaching out to the human nation the Clan called home! Asayis knew this would change everything. Calls for the revealing of the Clan to the Syrixians rang throughout the Clan itself. However, as clan leader, Asayis would not give the OK until there was a sign. A sign that would show that Lady Hope herself mandated from the skies above that the Clan reveal itself. One day, however, this would come to pass, and this day would change both Syrixia and the Clan forever. It was this day that the bones of a great beast were discovered. A shining creature; when he was alive he was an order dragon by nature, but his descendants would later develop qualities of an earth dragon while in the mountains. He, unlike his descendants, was purely an Order Dragon. He flew into battles with a mighty leader sitting atop him, and together they charged and rose to glory, infamy, and reverence.

It was on that day, July the 21st, 2015, that the bones of Kyloth kul Kyloth were unearthed from under a hill outside Miraca.

The Balamb Chronicle:
balambchronicle2.png

MIRACA- Breaking news! It seems fairy tales have come true for many today, as the bones of what is presumed to be the legendary Kyloth of Melletonia, a powerful dragon said to have been the mount, confidant and friend of King Alfred I himself, have been unearthed from a hill near Miraca following their accidental discovery. The discovery was made earlier today when the small hill was being destroyed to build a house. The house will still be built on the site, however the ground has been checked for any further fossils and the bones found, which make a complete skeleton, have been brought to a factory. The workers there cut the stone the fossil was in into a square shape, and then sealed the whole thing in a glaze to prevent possible tarnishing of the bones due to air exposure, as well as erosion of the rock.

Legends state that the offspring of Kyloth lived on after their father's death and fled into the northern plateau following the rise of the Syrixian Empire, however it is unlikely, and many theorists have just dismissed the prospect of Kyloth having any children as a myth. The flight from Darcania, where Kyloth is said to have come from, to Syrixia is simply too far, they say, and thus the children could not have come unless they were a specific type of dragon that by nature was long-lived and flew far. Darcania has been known for many years to have populations of dragons, and that these populations run the country itself. For that reason, it is suspected that Kyloth was simply a loner who came to Melletonia all those years ago. However, his legacy is illustrious and his legends intrigue many. Even His Holiness, Escqi John XXI, has commented on the find.

"This, truly," His Holiness said, "Is a wonderful discovery. The great dragon Kyloth's existence being proven opens up so much about Syrixia's past. This must be a sign, a gift from God. There is a prophecy in the Syrixian Bible, in Kings 2:9-14, that first a great relic will be discovered by the people, and then next...something amazing will happen. Now we wait to see what it will be."

dragon_fossil_by_bryonymaytidball.jpg

Kyloth's bones, on display in Atroba Doha. The whole fossil was so big, it had to be put on a giant marble slab as it was too heavy to go on the walls without falling.

Syrixia, this post of yours is nothing but godmodding. If you control the dragons, my characters who belong to my nation, who would I control? As well, we never finished our PM conversation, which means you are even controlling the very social, political, and cultural structure of my nation. As well, you flat out claim that my nation opened relations with yours without any of my input.

It was right when this thread was opened, in fact, that I was drafting a long, detailed response explaining exactly the issues I had with all of the above.

Finally, I would like to point out that, as it says in my signature, I am still on leave from RPing.

Apologies, but, due to the above issues and the fact that I will not be able to respond to this in a while, I am locking this thread. I will be willing to unlock it when the above issues are fixed, including me being capable of RPing in the first place.

You may appeal (understandably, considering my direct involvement with this RP) the above ruling at any time by following the instructions under "Arbitration and Dispute Resolution" in this post.

Back