-
Pronouns
He/They/Any
TNP Nation
Frances_Francis_the_First_of_Frances
Discord
Just_a_Lore
[img=350,150]http://puu.sh/qWjMT.png[/img]​

Let's start with an actual introduction. Since you most likely only really know me if you are on the IRC channels or if you dive heavily into the Culture Ministry's Realm.

Well to start off I am a man of many nations. From Frances Francis the First of France (My WA and Main TNP Nation) to Anhur (my original nation). I am going on 2 years as a member of TNP, but have been part of NS for 3 and a Half years (4 as of next march). Some of you have probably heard the ridiculous list of titles and positions I have assumed across NS over the years but just in case I will give you a list of the ones I am most proud of.

~ Fm. Minister of Culture of TNP (2+ Terms)
~ Fm. Deputy Minister of Culture of TNP (1.5 Terms)
~ Cartographer for TNP
~ RP Moderater for TNP
~ Guardian (Founder) of Versutian Federation (1.5 years)
~ Forum Admin for Versutian Federation
~ Fm. Minister of Foreign Affairs of Versutian Federation (4 terms)
~ Fm. Founder Council Members of Audax (now Audaxia)
~ Fm. Forum Administrator for Audax (now Audaxia)
~ Fm. Delegate of Zero Beta (~6 Months)
~ Fm. Minister of Justice for Nevthronia

In short, I am fairly sure that I have the Bureaucratic chops for such a position, and I am fairly high in the endo-rankings. With the 21st highest ranking in endorsements with just over 530, and 42st in Influence.

I'm not going to get up here and promise everything under the sun as a policy position or how I will do things because I believe its up to the Delegate to decide largely what the Vice-Delegate does and without me running on a ticket I can't be 100% sure what I will be doing as V-Delegate but the one thing I can promise is a speedy V-Delegate check on citizenship applications.

I ask you to please trust me with TNP because I truly love this place. If you have any doubts about my intentions you should ask me some questions, but before that I am going to answer a few questions that I think I will get below.

~Q.I.A. (Questions I Anticipate)

1.) But Lore, wasn't your last campaign a parody? Why are you being serious now?

Well yes, my last campaign was short of a joke, but that has to be taken in context of that election. I supported Raven but I also think there should have been more candidates. Now I am reestablishing myself in TNP and think its time I actually seriously try for an elected position.

2.) Aren't you just the map guy? Why are you running for election?

Yes I am the map guy but I am also an avid NS Politician and I haven't been part of NS' Political spheres and I am really starting to miss it. I got a little burnt out because I took on multiple high level positions at once, but now I want to devote myself to one or two things at a time and really give them my all.

Darklord:
Good luck with this,hope the best for TNP.:)
Thank you fro the well wishes. I hope that I can convince you, along with the rest of the region that I have TNP's best at heart and that I have the experience & ability to shepherd this office with dignity and respect.

If elected vice delegate, which of our many and numerous laws are you most excited to break? How flagrant do you intend to be in your criminal activities and abuses of power?

Are you a member of the Oligarchy or the IRCabal?

Since TNP is the greatest power in the NS world, would you consider instituting a TNP Empire, with snazzy uniforms and something that is no moon?

SillyString:
If elected vice delegate, which of our many and numerous laws are you most excited to break? How flagrant do you intend to be in your criminal activities and abuses of power?

Welp.

SillyString:

Why would I tell you such a thing, if I told you then it would be much easier to track my wrong doings.
(In all seriousness no, I do not plan on flagrantly throwing the law to the wayside, I plan to be a perfectly behaved Bureaucrat serving the region diligently.)

And on the second question I like to consider myself part of both.

Barbarossistan:
Since TNP is the greatest power in the NS world, would you consider instituting a TNP Empire, with snazzy uniforms and something that is no moon?

Not really, I'm not big on Imperialism and would only consider a standardized uniform if it was shiny and had all the colors of the rainbow.

Might I ask why you are not standing as part of a ticket with some other person as a candidate for the Delegacy, particularly considering your statement that "[you] believe its up to the Delegate to decide largely what the Vice-Delegate does"? Does standing independently of a Delegate not undermine your platform relative to other candidates for the Vice Delegacy, in that there is more clarity as to what others will do if elected?

Thirdly, why do you consider that it is for the Delegate to determine what the Vice Delegate does?

Zyvetskistaahn:
Might I ask why you are not standing as part of a ticket with some other person as a candidate for the Delegacy, particularly considering your statement that "[you] believe its up to the Delegate to decide largely what the Vice-Delegate does"? Does standing independently of a Delegate not undermine your platform relative to other candidates for the Vice Delegacy, in that there is more clarity as to what others will do if elected?

Thirdly, why do you consider that it is for the Delegate to determine what the Vice Delegate does?
1.) I am not standing as part of a ticket because I truely believe that tickets should only be used in the event an incumbent Delegate wishes to continue working for their Vice-Delegate, or an incumbent Delegate wishes to run for a second term with a specific person they trust.

When we do not have an incumbent Delegate I believe that it should always be up to the voter and not the candidate to determine who they wish to vote for. When we have candidates trying to decide their Vice-Delegate we are robbing the the voters of their ability to choose free of pressure who they think would make the best team.

2.) What makes me different then the other candidates is that I do not tie myself to a Delegate-Candidate, and my experience. I can work with either delegate while Yerannus and Praetor have made themselves anchors by explicately saying they will only really work with one candidate?

I am willing to work with either Plembobria or Bootsie. What happens if Praetor gets elected with Plembobria or Yeraennus with Bootsie? Hell for all we know, they are pledging to undermine the delegate if they aren't elected with their pair

3.) That's because while the Vice-Delegate may consult with the Delegate but the Delegate is in charge of the overall direction that TNP takes in regards to its Policies, Ministries and etc. But at the same time I think the Vice-Delegate should be there to execute their vision. If the Delegate wants to put the Vice-Delegate in charge of overseeing Ministers or etc.

That moment when your running for VD, but everybody else is in pairs.

Malphe:
If you have no questions and only wish to be sassy and fly the flags of another candidate in my thread. I ask you to kindly stop passively campaigning for others in my election thread.

What exactly burnt you out last time in the politics? How can you be sure that focusing on a few things this time will be different?

Yalkan:
What exactly burnt you out last time in the politics? How can you be sure that focusing on a few things this time will be different?
Because before I was attempting to work for upwards of 7 regions governments at a time while juggling real life and everything else. To this day I am down to two regions I am active in (Here and a small RP region with just over a dozen people in it), a third that I am their passive overseer. And a group of friends that talk on the IRC.

My RL has also calmed down significantly, there is just no real pressure and I can now focus all the energy I had onto one title that I think I can put all my talent and experience into.

Lord Lore:
Because before I was attempting to work for upwards of 7 regions governments at a time while juggling real life and everything else. To this day I am day I am down to two regions I am active in (Here and a small RP region with just over a dozen people in it), a third that I am their passive overseer. And a group of friends that talk on the IRC.

My RL has also calmed down significantly, there is just no real pressure and I can now focus all the energy I had onto one title that I think I can put all my talent and experience into.
Thanks for the quick response! Best of luck in the election!

Lord Lore:
Malphe:
If you have no questions and only wish to be sassy and fly the flags of another candidate in my thread. I ask you to kindly stop passively campaigning for others in my election thread.
That was never my intention, but understood.

Lord Lore:
3.) That's because while the Vice-Delegate may consult with the Delegate but the Delegate is in charge of the overall direction that TNP takes in regards to its Policies, Ministries and etc. But at the same time I think the Vice-Delegate should be there to execute their vision. If the Delegate wants to put the Vice-Delegate in charge of overseeing Ministers or etc.
Thank you for your answers.

In relation to the third. Might I ask as to how this squares with the laws and the history of the positions? Legally, there is little link between the day-to-day operations of the Delegate and the Vice Delegate, they are responsible for different realms, the Delegate for the executive and the Vice Delegate for the security apparatus; historically also, there was a tendency for the Delegate and Vice Delegate to campaign and be elected quite independently and to maintain that independence in office, the innovation of tickets and of the Vice Delegate being heavily involved in the Delegate's government is a fairly new one.

Do you think that there are risks to the view that the Vice Delegate is primarily there to execute the policies of the Delegate?

Zyvetskistaahn:
In relation to the third. Might I ask as to how this squares with the laws and the history of the positions?

Do you think that there are risks to the view that the Vice Delegate is primarily there to execute the policies of the Delegate?
Personally I don't see much of a conflict between the two and think that both can be done effectively without sacrificing anything for either. On the other hand if you are looking for a Vice-Delegate who is the absolute best at security then I am not your candidate. Its just not my strongest bank of experience. I was a Vice-Minister of Defense once in a blue moon, but my real strength is overall administration and policy implementation.

If you think the joint Delegate-Vice Delegate dynamic is here to stay and you want someone who will give there all to both the security of this region and the policies of the Delegate then I have this to say to you. I may not be the best but I will put the utmost effort and my wellspring of experience and expertise to the job at hand.

Lord Lore, if you were Vice Delegate during such an outbreak of a virulent (yet curable!) disease, what do you envision as your role in addressing it? Additionally, how do you believe it should be addressed (namely, curing the affected citizens, doing nothing, or murdering them mercilessly), and how will you handle it if the person elected Delegate has a different opinion?

SillyString:
Lord Lore, if you were Vice Delegate during such an outbreak of a virulent (yet curable!) disease, what do you envision as your role in addressing it? Additionally, how do you believe it should be addressed (namely, curing the affected citizens, doing nothing, or murdering them mercilessly), and how will you handle it if the person elected Delegate has a different opinion?
Personally to curb the infect we should clean the place with fire but I doubt the RA would be too happy with that, so if they would bar executives from doing so it should be up to them to decide how to handle the infection.

And if the Delegate disagrees with stopping the infection as quickly as possible you lock them in a room full of the infected and wait.

What areas of The North Pacific do you believe require the most work/improvement and how do you plan on improving them?

Kasch:
What areas of The North Pacific do you believe require the most work/improvement and how do you plan on improving them?
I don't really see that as a question for a Vice-Delegate candidate. Vice Delegate's mainly deal with the security of the region through the SC and Citizenship applications. They aren't all that involved with the overall improvement of the region or things within the region that need improving outside of that.

While a Vice-Delegates have been taking on some of that work that is generally under deferment to the Delegate and their Cabinet. It would be ridiculous of me to try to make any grand promises of trying to improve x or y when they will most likely not even fall under my jurisdiction and if they did would be at the deferment of another official.

Lord Lore:
Kasch:
I don't really see that as a question for a Vice-Delegate candidate. Vice Delegate's mainly deal with the security of the region through the SC and Citizenship applications. They aren't all that involved with the overall improvement of the region or things within the region that need improving outside of that.

While a Vice-Delegates have been taking on some of that work that is generally under deferment to the Delegate and their Cabinet. It would be ridiculous of me to try to make any grand promises of trying to improve x or y when they will most likely not even fall under my jurisdiction and if they did would be at the deferment of another official.
Thanks for the response.

In the thread of another candidate, when asking about the matter of the Vice Delegate's security check, I learned a little about the Vice Delegate's performance of the check of which I was unaware. Namely, that the Vice Delegate does not always consult with the Security Council when performing the check.

I have a couple questions in this regard. Firstly, presuming that this report of the practicality is accurate, how do you think it squares with the requirement in law that "All security assessments will be performed in consultation with the Security Council, and in accordance with all laws of The North Pacific."? Secondly, presuming that it is accurate and that it, in your view, does not square, ought the law be reformed to reflect this practicality or ought the practice of the Vice Delegate change so as to conform more closely with the law?

Zyvetskistaahn:
Firstly, presuming that this report of the practicality is accurate, how do you think it squares with the requirement in law that "All security assessments will be performed in consultation with the Security Council, and in accordance with all laws of The North Pacific."?

Secondly, presuming that it is accurate and that it, in your view, does not square, ought the law be reformed to reflect this practicality or ought the practice of the Vice Delegate change so as to conform more closely with the law?
1.) Personally I don't see the practice as in accordance with the law at all. The law has a clear intent and a clear interpretation, if it is being violated in a fragrant and regular manner then I honestly think then the violating individuals should be taken to the court for at least a R4R.

2.) The practice must change not the law. The law seems nothing but a good attempt to create a layer of security around citizenship applications. At the very least there should be an official avenue for the Vice-Delegate to register the names of Applicants and for Security Councillors to officially object to the citizen, if for no other reason then to allow the Vice-Delegate to process their reasoning behind the objection.

mcmasterdonia:
Do you think it is regrettable that SillyString and myself introduced ticket-candidacies? I am beginning to think so
Given how they have been twisted I would say it is a little regrettable. Vice-Delegates need to be independent of the Delegate for all the reasons that have been stated by me and others.

A Vice-Delegate from the beginning bound to a Delegate could try to smear a Delegate while in office for their political patron, they could refuse to make hard choices when the RA deems it necessary, it could allow a Delegate not in the Security Council to potentially meddle with the Security Council which is technically out of their purview.

Most importantly the Vice-Delegate must be a candidate that not only had to oversee the Security Council and etc, they must also in their own right must be ready to assume the Delegacy if needed (You only have to look at how many times Asta became Delegate) and with all due respect to Praetor and Yeraennus the two Ticketed Vice-Delegate Candidates, they don't have the experience to do so.

Lord Lore:
Zyvetskistaahn:
Firstly, presuming that this report of the practicality is accurate, how do you think it squares with the requirement in law that "All security assessments will be performed in consultation with the Security Council, and in accordance with all laws of The North Pacific."?

Secondly, presuming that it is accurate and that it, in your view, does not square, ought the law be reformed to reflect this practicality or ought the practice of the Vice Delegate change so as to conform more closely with the law?
1.) Personally I don't see the practice as in accordance with the law at all. The law has a clear intent and a clear interpretation, if it is being violated in a fragrant and regular manner then I honestly think then the violating individuals should be taken to the court for at least a R4R.

2.) The practice must change not the law. The law seems nothing but a good attempt to create a layer of security around citizenship applications. At the very least there should be an official avenue for the Vice-Delegate to register the names of Applicants and for Security Councillors to officially object to the citizen, if for no other reason then to allow the Vice-Delegate to process their reasoning behind the objection.

Your opponents (apart from Romanoffia), to some extent at least, would reform the law in this area to more closely reflect the practicalities of performing security assessments.

Praetor (presuming I understand him correctly) and Yeraennus suggest that the law should be reformed to make it clear that it is only when the Vice Delegate is considering directing the rejection of an applicant that they should consult with the Security Council, this is how the law has been interpreted by the Vice Delegates past, it seems, and would avoid the potential inefficiency of the Council needing to be consulted on the vast majority of applicants who pose no more than a minimal threat to regional security. Yeraennus also suggests that the Vice Delegate should report regularly to the Council on those that are passed. Lord Ravenclaw suggests that the law could be reformed so that there was a dedicated Councillor advising the Vice Delegate at any given time, this would allow for the expertise of a Councillor to be made available to the Vice Delegate (who may be relatively unaware of some security risks and of particular individuals who may pose threats) and could avoid the inefficiency of requiring the advice of the Council at large.

You have rejected the approach of Praetor and Yeraennus (by rejecting changing the law to reflect current practice), are you not concerned by the risk that slow and inefficient checks may present a barrier to potential new citizens for relatively little gain in terms of increased security? Do you have a view on the reform which was mooted by Lord Ravenclaw?

In the past (before March last year), the Security Council would conduct discussion of prospective members of the Council in a forum that was publicly visible, they have since stopped doing so. What is your view of the notion of public discussions of applications to the Security Council or of the disclosure of such discussions once they have concluded, what benefits and drawbacks are there? More generally, ought the Security Council be subject to the freedom of information provisions in the Codified Law?

Zyvetskistaahn:
Are you not concerned by the risk that slow and inefficient checks may present a barrier to potential new citizens for relatively little gain in terms of increased security?

What is your view of the notion of public discussions of applications to the Security Council or of the disclosure of such discussions once they have concluded, what benefits and drawbacks are there?

More generally, ought the Security Council be subject to the freedom of information provisions in the Codified Law?
1.) I think that all that really needs to occur is to have two threads. One for the Vice-Delegate to keep a list of the applicants in the OP with a posting time next to their name. Have an agreed upon time frame for the Vice-Delegate to accept the application (say 12-24 hours) if none of the councilors raise an objection, if they don't themselves have any objections to the applicant.

The second thread is for splitting out objections/discussion of applicants that have been rejected or accepted.

Note for Question 2&3.) I am going to be honest here, I am bound to be biased in this question, because I myself am currently an applicant to the Security Council.

2.) I personally don't see drawbacks of the Security Council publicly discussing applicants. I only see the benefits of allowing the applicants to possibly answer questions of the current Council, along with allowing the Regional Assembly to see the potential reasoning behind how they voted on the applicants. And the potential reservations that any councilors have about the applicant.

3.) I'm going to be honest even if it hurts my application here. Yes I think it should be subject to it. If we can't view the most basic and routine goings on of those we place our trust in, the only thing we should expect is the public drawing speculation, because if we can't simply see what they say about applicants, what more are they going to hide from their citizens.

Lord Lore:
1.) I think that all that really needs to occur is to have two threads. One for the Vice-Delegate to keep a list of the applicants in the OP with a posting time next to their name. Have an agreed upon time frame for the Vice-Delegate to accept the application (say 12-24 hours) if none of the councilors raise an objection, if they don't themselves have any objections to the applicant.

The second thread is for splitting out objections/discussion of applicants that have been rejected or accepted.

Note for Question 2&3.) I am going to be honest here, I am bound to be biased in this question, because I myself am currently an applicant to the Security Council.

2.) I personally don't see drawbacks of the Security Council publicly discussing applicants. I only see the benefits of allowing the applicants to possibly answer questions of the current Council, along with allowing the Regional Assembly to see the potential reasoning behind how they voted on the applicants. And the potential reservations that any councilors have about the applicant.

3.) I'm going to be honest even if it hurts my application here. Yes I think it should be subject to it. If we can't view the most basic and routine goings on of those we place our trust in, the only thing we should expect is the public drawing speculation, because if we can't simply see what they say about applicants, what more are they going to hide from their citizens.

On the point of Security Council admissions. Are you not concerned that open discussion may lead to less candid discussions and, as a potential result, the admission of applicants who present risks to security?

Do you consider the Security Council at present to be too few in number, or too many, or to be about sufficient? If it is too many or is sufficient, would you suggest the Council and the Assembly be more discerning in those that are admitted? If so, would you suggest any informal standards or requirements which new applicants ought generally to meet (such as past service as Delegate or Vice Delegate or a certain length of participation in TNP)? Would you suggest changing the formal requirements for the Councillors in any way? If it is too few, would you suggest that the Council and Assembly should be less discerning and ought the formal requirements for members be lowered?

Zyvetskistaahn:
On the point of Security Council admissions. Are you not concerned that open discussion may lead to less candid discussions and, as a potential result, the admission of applicants who present risks to security?

Do you consider the Security Council at present to be too few in number, or too many, or to be about sufficient? If it is too many or is sufficient, would you suggest the Council and the Assembly be more discerning in those that are admitted? If so, would you suggest any informal standards or requirements which new applicants ought generally to meet (such as past service as Delegate or Vice Delegate or a certain length of participation in TNP)?

Would you suggest changing the formal requirements for the Councillors in any way? If it is too few, would you suggest that the Council and Assembly should be less discerning and ought the formal requirements for members be lowered?
1.) I don't think so, because if it was truly something that that needed to be said for the security of the region. I think we should all damn well hope that the security councilors can be candid about it and stand firm against what they perceive as being a potential threat in an applicant.

2.) I think about 10 is good number. With about 5 devoted more towards activity and the ability to respond to a threat, and 5 devoted to a more advisory capacity.

2-1.) While the requirements could be more strict (especially in the endorsement front, and I wouldn't be totally opposed to a 'public service' requirement) I am against informal standards, the only thing you can expect from informal standards is a bunch of angry applicants who don't meet your check list that you hind inside your mind.

(Note: By public service requirement, I mean spending x amount of time as a Minister, Deputy Minister, VD, Delegate, Justice, Speaker, etc)

Back