Hermaes

TNPer
This is the OOC thread for the Regime War in Hermaes. :D

Some maps of the nation
The Districts
wu48av.png

The Major Cities
xfc3rb.png

You have some interesting locations for cities. Cuz those happens to be some major areas for where I placed Ilia's Core and Special Cities.

In total the five major cities of Ilia that are near the Ilian-Hermaes borders account for nearly 8.7M people or ~6% of the Ilian population.

q55BT.png

q55C7.png

Population of Relevant Cities:

Eliar, Taveria - 885,150
Zaverta, Dacela - 5,285,750
Acola, Dacela - 1,185,700
Yanarai, Talria - 685,150
Kelis, Rigele - 635,250

The Hermaesian Major cities gained power thanks to their geographical position. As you can see most of the are ports or near rivers. Of course the list of Major cities I added earlier is about the political and cultural significance. When two more factors are added, population and financial power, the list is shortened.
2hi14id.png

The population of Hermaes is about 12million citizens (12,282,322):
Hephestina: 3,090,508
Mercurion: 788,952
Gorgo: 213,984
Alexandria: 173,993
Akrotiri: 172,591
Port Omercum: 164,449
Casperia: 162,591
Total number of citizens living in the major cities= 4,767,068. Meaning that approximately the 39% of the Hermaesian population is gathered in those cities

No one these days would use greek fire if they can get their hands on magnesium and phosphorus. Those two basically can't be put out once they've been lit up. The older a weapon, the more likely it is that someone will have a way to counter it, and an ancient incendiary is going to be too easy to extinguish for any military but the most rudimentary and desperate to use it.

Also, the goals of destroying a city via chemical warfare and taking over a city are generally mutually exclusionary.

Also, why would a PM know more about putting out an incendiary than a general? And how are the enemy soldiers able to take ground so quickly?

The main reason why it escalated so quickly is because I have an eye infection and can't look at the monitor for a long time period. I chose the Greek Fire as a traditional weapon of mass destruction. I can tell you the story about how the thing still exists and how the royalties still posses it. The recipe is not actually known, everything that exists are speculations and of course there is record of people putting out with urine and sand, since anything else would make the flames larger. The reason why the PM knows about the Greek Fire much more than a general is: 1. The PM is Greek while the general is of Acharnish origin.
2. The PM is a former royalty and only the royal family of Hermaes possesses knowledge about Greek fire.
3. Sertandos is not an actual general. As the councilor of the PM he was the right to act as a councilor of the generals in times of need.
4. The story would unfold differently, the whole thing about greek fire would have been a lie, and the soldier who informed the PM would have been a part of a groups of traitors, in which half of the spies mentioned would be included.
And now my eye hurts and leaks, if there is a problem with greek fire, I can edit the whole scenario into something different.

Well, the problem with Greek fire is that most modern extinguishing agents should be effective, dry ice for example which is found in most fire extinguishers. I assume most chemical suppressants are also effective.

The only way to put out magnesium fires, on the other hand, is sand or time. Water and magnesium react to produce hydrogen gas, which will then be ignited by the burning magnesium, and burning magnesium will liberate the oxygen from dry ice and burn insanely bright. Not sure if chemical suppressants work, but I really doubt it considering how hot it burns. Even sand might just melt and create lava flows.

Nebula:
Well, the problem with Greek fire is that most modern extinguishing agents should be effective, dry ice for example which is found in most fire extinguishers. I assume most chemical suppressants are also effective.

The only way to put out magnesium fires, on the other hand, is sand or time. Water and magnesium react to produce hydrogen gas, which will then be ignited by the burning magnesium, and burning magnesium will liberate the oxygen from dry ice and burn insanely bright. Not sure if chemical suppressants work, but I really doubt it considering how hot it burns. Even sand might just melt and create lava flows.
Well this is science talking (and I don't do well with science) so I'm going to take your word for it. Btw, the thingk is that the whole greek fire thing is supposed to be a lie. As characters the PM is like a teenage boy in a big man's body with great intelligence. Sertandos is mature, smart and great advisor but is insufficient when it comes to knowledge of certain fields. That's why they both need the Red Phoenix to survive and that's why the believed that Greek Fire still exists and that the cities had fallen in such a sort period of time. Now my eye is better and I can work on the details of the battle and write a better scenario. I myself thought that the idea of Greek Fire is a bad one, I just needed some time, so it's gonna go away.

Hermaes:
Nebula:

Well this is science talking (and I don't do well with science) so I'm going to take your word for it. Btw, the thingk is that the whole greek fire thing is supposed to be a lie. As characters the PM is like a teenage boy in a big man's body with great intelligence. Sertandos is mature, smart and great advisor but is insufficient when it comes to knowledge of certain fields. That's why they both need the Red Phoenix to survive and that's why the believed that Greek Fire still exists and that the cities had fallen in such a sort period of time. Now my eye is better and I can work on the details of the battle and write a better scenario. I myself thought that the idea of Greek Fire is a bad one, I just needed some time, so it's gonna go away.
cool.

I ended the RP about the regime war. The royalists win the fight.
What changed:
Population of Hermaes
Before the war:12,282,322
{Dead and/or missing: 526.193
Refugees: 853.501}
After the war:10,902,628
Governmental system
Before the war:Parliamentary Democracy
After the war: Absolute Monarchy
Government
Before the war:
- (Head of state)President: Nikolas Siarelis
- Prime minister: Vasilis Tats
- President of the Parliament: Liam Mocenigo
- President of the Hermesian Supreme Court: Antonia Leona
After the war:
- (Head of state)King: HM Willem-Chronis
- Prime minister: George Hadu
- President of the Parliament of the 30: HM Willem-Chronis
- President of the Hermesian Supreme Court: HM Willem-Chronis
Capital City
Before the war: Hephestina
After the war: Mercurion

Hermaes. I take it that the remnants of the Hermaes Republic Government along with most of the Refugees are heading over to Ilia?

If so. Sforsa is the perfered location for a Government in Exile.

Lord Lore:
Hermaes. I take it that the remnants of the Hermaes Republic Government along with most of the Refugees are heading over to Ilia?

Well I didn't wan't to make such a reference because I didin't know if you would be in with it. But since I see you're willing then yes they are heading to Ilia apart from some who traveled by boat and hopefully will establish a colony sometime in the near future. I will mention all this in my next RP which will be posted in 10 days, cause I'll be on a trip.

Hermaes:
Lord Lore:

Well I didn't wan't to make such a reference because I didin't know if you would be in with it. But since I see you're willing then yes they are heading to Ilia apart from some who traveled by boat and hopefully will establish a colony sometime in the near future. I will mention all this in my next RP which will be posted in 10 days, cause I'll be on a trip.
Yeah and also the dead is a little high. I hope most of that is missing/displaced. Because Wars especially internal has a curve where more people die the longer the conflict hit a peak and then the death rate lowers.

In all of 6 years of the Syrian Civil War with how violent it is and condensed the population, they have had an estimated 450K dead.

Lord Lore:
Hermaes:
Lord Lore:

Yeah and also the dead is a little high. I hope most of that is missing/displaced. Because Wars especially internal has a curve where more people die the longer the conflict hit a peak and then the death rate lowers.

In all of 6 years of the Syrian Civil War with how violent it is and condensed the population, they have had an estimated 450K dead.
There is compulsory military service in Hermaes so all men between the age of 18-49 are recruited unless they have already serviced the country in a previous war. The death reate is so high because the number of inexperienced military men is high and 3 cities were completely destroyed. Similar to a genocide.

Honestly, the RP could've been great with a lot more detail -- exploring the points of view of refugees, soldiers in the war, the enemy... Government isn't just a clique of archetypal characters. There's low-level clerks, different ministries, etc. I suggest you read a bit about government, perhaps watch Yes Minister or House of Cards to get an idea.

Kannex:
Honestly, the RP could've been great with a lot more detail -- exploring the points of view of refugees, soldiers in the war, the enemy... Government isn't just a clique of archetypal characters. There's low-level clerks, different ministries, etc. I suggest you read a bit about government, perhaps watch Yes Minister or House of Cards to get an idea.
It was my first attempt so excuse any weaknesses. Btw you are right but I didn't want it to be a long RP and because I'm inexperienced I decided that I should focus on certain aspects before expanding into others, more detailed. I like the idea about the view of the refugees and I'm gonna use this for the next one. Also, there is a great time gap between the last post and the previous one and that explains why there aren't any views of soldiers or any other person. I just wanted to finish it and then move on to the making of the next story. It was really tiring for me to sit down and write everything that was on my mind. (Because I don't like writing that much :shrug: )

Back