Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
[img=262,340]http://i.imgur.com/waTPuu3.png[/img]
Presented by Bootsie The Past Delegates

There is only one way to cover all of the Delegates not featured as part of this event, and that is by opening the thread dedicated to all Delegates from history that are still around today! So I know I could say a lot about your accomplishments, but you know yourselves better than I, so crack open some TNP rum and lets have a party!

:band:

My best terms were prior to r3n's Delegacy, so I will comment about those here.

First term(s)

I was first elected in late 2012 to lead a region that was at best divided, and at worst unstable. We had just had nearly two terms of Delegate Eluvatar, who had faced serious controversy over a number of his positive policies, and an ongoing battle with Former Delegate Blue Wolf II over the 'coup that never happened'. 'Oligarchy' was the word of the year. We had a major blow out over WA voting reform, because simply the idea of preventing people who did not have a WA nation in our region from determining our Delegates vote was considered to be a catastrophic policy by some. Of course, this policy has now been in place for years with little controversy. Eluvatar was removed from office, and in-game we faced a debilitating unendorsement campaign against Tim Stark, the Vice Delegate, by a nation called 'Oh My Goodness Gracious'. Tim's endorsements were a long way from Eluvatar's, and the unendorsement campaign ensured that they remained that way. Former English Colony took the Delegacy during the election.

The election itself did not see animosity between Tim & myself, however vocal supporters did attempt to create greater animosity and drama. I won't go into great detail, but you can read through the archives if you would like to know more. I did go on to win the election convincingly, and then sort to form government. I continued the elected cabinet proposed by Eluvatar, however with votes occurring on the regional forum. Unfortunately, Govindia ended up being elected by 1 vote, and given his reputation internationally, I decided to appoint Romanoffia to the remaining cabinet position rather than Govindia. This created some controversy, but it soon subsided.

For the rest of the term, I focused on creating a united and positive community. On forum events, rmb activities, and cultural orientated policies were my core focus. Over time, we saw some of the divisive figures in our community leave. A few left because of WA voting changes, however some simply faded into activity. Over this term we worked on developing closer relations with the South Pacific, Balder, Osiris, and to a lesser extent the East Pacific and Europeia (at this time). We saw the NPA deploy abroad regularly, and we hosted a number of inter-regional events, attended conferences, and collaborated with game created regions. I believe that this work helped to establish the North Pacific as being once again a stable and reliable partner for other regions. This work continued under other Delegates, and through other terms of my own.

The term was not without scandal. I was kicked out of the World Assembly, and then restored to office. We proposed a treaty with the South Pacific & Osiris, called "The Concord". This was at the same time as Sovereign Confederation was briefly a thing internationally. The Concord treaty did fail in the assembly, due to lack of communication between members. It was the right decision, and over time my skepticism of multi-regional treaties did continue to grow - with SovCon collapsing magnificently, and other multi-regional treaties facing serious difficulties.

Unfortunately I was forced to step down half way through my second term for personal reasons. Around the same time, we discovered that Ravania had been leaking confidential NPA information to Acting Delegate Blue Wolf II. While I briefly investigated on that, and attempted to smooth over relations with 10KI, Jamie Anumia was elected Delegate and I became Foreign Minister for the next one and a half terms.

Second Term(s)

Following Jamie's two terms of office, I ran for office again and concluded the transition quickly. I had become frustrated by a number of issues that had fallen to the side during that term. Sanctaria was elected as my Vice Delegate, and we worked quickly to re-establish the Culture Ministry, RP projects, and collaboration with some of our allies. This time I did not go with an elected model and instead appointed my cabinet directly.

This term we focused heavily on foreign affairs matters. We signed a number of new treaties - with the East Pacific and Albion. The Balder treaty may have also been written then, but I am not certain. We also discussed forming a treaty relationship with the Rejected Realms, however this was put on hold, only to be forgotten forever in the months to follow. It was during this period that my foreign minister, r3n, proposed the WALL treaty, which was a radical idea that we were sure would create a greater interest in the World Assembly and provide an opportunity for regions to collaborate on WA matters, without the serious issues that face other multi-regional treaty. This would later be ratified in r3n's term, and I know that it is one area of lost potential for both of us, because it has not reached the heights of success that we had hoped that it would.

The Security Council grew significantly during this term. We had a concentrated effort to get all members to higher levels and it worked to a certain extent. It was also the first time that a Delegate had reached 400 and then 500 endorsements. Which at the time was a huge achievement, as previous Delegates had struggled to get to 300 endorsements at times. The region was incredibly secure, and stable, and the political system continued to improve as great legislators such as Astarial, Crushing Our Enemies, and r3n began to pursue a legislative reform agenda. Our position as a region and as a major power in NS was at it's strongest during this period, and we had new found respect and opportunities for collaboration with regions.

This was also the first time that we began to actively target WA authors to come to the North Pacific to make their case for their resolutions if they wanted us to vote in favour of them. I recruited Abacathea who was an excellent WA Minister, and would go on to serve as Vice Delegate for a number of terms. I *think* that we also saw another coup in Osiris during this time, which created serious strain for a number of people with whom TNP had strong relations with. The OFO was formed, and our relationship stabilized but did not return to a treaty arrangement.

We also saw a number of successful military operations during this time against Nazi regions, and we collaborated with a greater number of regions that we had done so previously. Overall I view this third and fourth term to have been my best as Delegate. I was very disappointed to have to step down at the end of my term, because I would have loved a third term! However, I was very pleased to see r3n (my foreign minister) succeed me as Delegate, and then I was given the honour to serve as his Minister of Foreign Affairs :P Our great team work continued and the region was better for it. Ultimately the two-term limit was the right call.

Of course my commendation summarises my achievements.

Though this summary only scratches the surface, I hope that some enjoy reading it.

Worry not, you aren't going to be forgotten.

Simply because of the number of headaches you have caused by reminding us at every opportunity.

I don't think your honesty has ever been questioned GM.

If there was another point to that, I've missed it so you'll need to be less subtle.

I feel like there's this really big passive-aggressive argument going on here that I totally don't get at all

Nebula:
I feel like there's this really big passive-aggressive argument going on here that I totally don't get at all
That makes two of us.

I've been WA Delegate on two separate occasions. (I've never been UN Delegate in TNP, more's the pity :P ).

My first occasion as WA Delegate was following the Crimson conflict of February-April 2008. An election was held immediately following the conflict, and in that May election I was elected Delegate. Great Bights Mum, who'd been appointed Vice Delegate by Lewis and Clark, led the resistance, and held a caretaker delegacy while the election was ongoing, endorsed me and was elected Vice Delegate in that same May election.

Great Bights Mum had stated a policy of amnesty and inclusion, and I followed that policy to its logical conclusion. With an eye to that, I appointed the most prosecutorially-inclined nation available, Agamemnon / Grimalkin as Attorney General (this was before the law on the election of an Attorney General was written). (They had supported the Crimson Order). Inspired by flemingovia's propaganda efforts against Crimson, I appointed him Minister of Communications. Heft, I summoned from CyberNations to serve as Minister of Defense. I appointed Great Bights Mum and Ermarian as ministers of External and Internal affairs, respectively, assigning them oversight over the other Ministers. I swear I appointed Outer Kharkistania to something, but I don't remember what it was called. I do remember arranging a platform for him and others to telegram the nations of the region, inviting them to join the forum, so probably something like our current Home Affairs Ministry.

During this period as Delegate, NationStates was relatively quiet. No one used the jolt Gameplay forum. The West Pacific's post-WPT Republic was still functional, and probably on average a slight bit more active than TNP. It was sometime around then that the Lots of Ants affair took place. To this day I don't get what the point of it was.

One of the larger problems of my Delegacy, that came to swallow most of our attention, was the conflict in The East Pacific. It came to my attention shortly before it happened that Lady Phedre had a chance to unseat Gnidrah as Delegate of The East Pacific. I was certainly interested in seeing something happening, and after speaking to Darkesia of Gatesville and being informed that Lady Phedre was Neenee, I reached out to her. Neenee advised me that she "knew how to run a feeder," by which I took that she intended to get The East Pacific more active. I therefore quietly instructed the available NPA soldier (I think it was Heft) to endorse Lady Phedre.

This turned out to lead to "Interesting Times." To my surprise, Phedre's regime immediately demanded obeisance from our region, and things went downhill from there...

To be continued.

Back