Recent Events: A Master List

I dislike the idea of things like a 'Game of Shadows' being in prelude because I believe it was concurrent to the Great War.

Edit: Edited.

There's gonna be a new thread in the aftermath of the second great war section as soon as the Black Isle roleplay finishes.

Yeraennus:
There's gonna be a new thread in the aftermath of the second great war section as soon as the Black Isle roleplay finishes.
I'm guessing that's the World Fair?

The world fair isn't tied to any war. I'm planning another RP that Cronaal sort of knows about regarding the aftermath of the Cronaali crisis.

I was just thinking about the whole update thing. It'd be interesting if the grouping of incidents and such had a brief synopsis of events for new RP players to read or others to quickly use to catch up on events. I'm basically saying that it'd be moved to a more prominent position in the RP section and there would be something like a Wallstreet Journal type front page synopsis of the article, and then links to the full article / stories. That way when a new person starts in the RP section they can read all the synopsis pieces first, and not be so lost in thee grand scheme of things. Then they can go back and read through the full versions for enjoyment and all the details.

I think this would help people a lot as they transition into the RP section and those on return to reorient themselves.

Ceretis:
I was just thinking about the whole update thing. It'd be interesting if the grouping of incidents and such had a brief synopsis of events for new RP players to read or others to quickly use to catch up on events. I'm basically saying that it'd be moved to a more prominent position in the RP section and there would be something like a Wallstreet Journal type front page synopsis of the article, and then links to the full article / stories. That way when a new person starts in the RP section they can read all the synopsis pieces first, and not be so lost in thee grand scheme of things. Then they can go back and read through the full versions for enjoyment and all the details.

I think this would help people a lot as they transition into the RP section and those on return to reorient themselves.
So something like:

THE GREAT WAR
In which Syrixia and the Helmebaine Alliance see conflict with Nebula and its puppet states all around Eras.

that kind of thing?

Yep, generally along those lines, but that war saga if I recall was multiple threads. As such, THE GREAT WAR would be more of a section header with the individual titles in the story arc listed below.

One section might list all the story arcs or something with each one listed like this maybe:

THE GREAT WAR - Story Arc
Syrixia and the Helmebaine Alliance see conflict with Nebula and its puppet states all around Eras.
>>Thread title one<<
>>Thread title two<<
>>Thread title three<<

Then there are the individual threads from the RP section, both those that are part of an arc and those that are stand alone, all listed in the story line thread section.

THREAD TITLE
Here you can read a slightly larger but still short (one paragraph) description of the basic events of WHO, WHAT, WHEN, WHERE, HOW, and WHY. This will help you to get the general idea of what is going on, maybe remind you of what happened, or help you determine if this is the section you needed to read.

Below the break line here you'll get a hyperlink to the thread itself so you can read the whole thing and get for yourself all the nitty gritty details and tasty story bits covered in literary gravy. This is also where you can list any related or sub-plot pieces if needed.

Back