-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
The McMasterdonia Global News

headline2_zpsrc06yndt.jpg

Ladies and Gentlemen, good evening.

We are receiving reports that her Imperial Majesty, Queen Matilda II of McMasterdonia has been killed today in Eumenor. The Queen was reportedly making her way to the new McMasterdonian Embassy in the capital city of Eumenor, Minas Ersul. The Queen had made the journey to Eumenor accompanied by a large delegation including, King-Consort Richard, Minister of Foreign Affairs Richard Narles, Minister for Security Sophie Rosenberg, and the Chief Executive Office of Royal McMasterdonian airlines Jennifer Winnepeg. The Queen was also accompanied by many McMasterdonian journalists, members of the royal household, and senior members of her personal guard.

At this time it is believed there have been no survivors of this attack. The Spokesman of Eumenor was not travelling with the Queen as had been widely reported and has been seen alive and well in Minas Ersul. This has prompted significant questions about the sudden change in the Spokesman's schedule and the role of Eumenor in protecting a foreign head of state in their country.

Undoubtedly there will be many more months about this horrific and horrendous act of terrorism. The question on everyone's lips will be who is responsible for this atrocity? Why did the Government of Eumenor not come to the rescue of our great and heroic Queen? If the Republic of Eumenor was not involved in this attack they were simply negligent, if they were aware of this attack in advance, then they are simply criminal. The Government of Eumenor is currently refusing to accept McMasterdonian investigators and has roped off the scene. The Government of McMasterdonia will have certainly demanded the return of the bodies of the dead and the right to access the attack site without the interference of the Eumenorian Government.

The succession to the now vacant throne is currently unclear, with the only son of Queen Matilda II, Richard, not being seen in public in more than a year, there are concerns about the Prince's wellbeing and ability to rule the Kingdom of McMasterdonia in the face of terrorist attacks and an extremist & religious based rebellion against the throne of McMasterdonia.

It is widely believed that Prince Albert, the brother of the late Queen has already arrived at the Royal Palace in Intelligentsia and that he will be proclaimed regent pending the heir apparent's majority.

Our thoughts are with the young Prince as he grieves the loss of his Mother and Father, and with the families of the other victims of this terrible act of state sponsored terrorism in the Nation of Eumenor. The State grieves and we will never forget or forgive this atrocious act of terror, and we await a full investigation.

Before Latin Doors, before War, before Caesar, nothing can be born of nothing.
This is the Latin Peace.

By order of his August Majesty, Caesar,
The Augustine Office releases this communique to the World at Large.

To all who it may concern,

I, Caesar Felix Albinus Augustus, have had it brought to my attention that prominent news sources have disseminated reports on the passing of the Honorable Queen Matilda II, of McMasterdonia. The reports by the McMasterdonia Global News network have been corroborated by my office with Eumenorian local news sources, with the assistance of August intelligence agents. As a result, the Augustine Office finds it acceptable and prudent to recognize the Honorable Queen Matilda II as having become deceased earlier today, Eumenorian time.

The Augustine Office further recommends that Imperium Augustum recognizes the Honorable Queen Matilda II's death as an assassination. At this time, Imperium Augustum believes the assassination to have been the subject of an organized plot, utilizing a quantity of explosives. The Augustine Office is not at liberty to identify any suspects, either of any official investigations by the McMasterdonian or Eumenorian government, or of an Augustine investigation. At this time, the Office wishes to advise that it has no material contributions to make in regards to such investigations, and does not expect to.

On behalf of Imperium Augustum, Caesar wishes to offer his unreserved condolences to the people of McMasterdonia. The passing of a sovereign head of state, the person within which the state itself is invested, is a tragic event in the best of times. In a situation such as this, where a sovereign is cut down by the brutality of radical idealogues, the state itself is cut down by those who purport to usurp it. From one state to another, we ask McMasterdonia to stand strong against the dual threats of militant democratic radicalism and militant democratic states.

The transition from one Head to another shall be swift. It shall be legitimate. It shall be without question a matter of blood, passed down by the Divine Right of Pax - of peace, hard-earned, from belligerent neighbours and the greed of the populists within. We look forward to seeing, as all healthy royal families must, the issue of the late Queen taking on his Crown.

We are with him in this difficult time.

We can only affirm our eternal and confident opposition to the liberal democratic pacifism that has bred, that has trained, that has aimed the arrows of terrorism at McMasterdonia.

Let the death of the Honorable Queen Matilda II be a warning to all democratic states. Pax cannot exist without strong leaders, strong sovereigns, to personify the state. The lax Eumenorian democratic security process has led to the proliferation of pseudo-warfare, a sin in the eyes of any civilized man, woman, and child.

As Caesar has lost an equal, so too has all of Eras.

Sincerely,
Caesar Felix Albinus Augustus

VOL. 32 NO. 227​
Cacadia Times

MONDAY AUGUST 24, 2015

By Harry Doug

As it has been reported recently by The McMasterdonian Global News and confirmed by several other sources, Queen Matilda II, of McMasterdonia, and an accompanying delegation of four were killed recently in the Nation of Eumenor. Sources in McMasterdonia have ruled their deaths to be an assassination. It is unclear who exactly who carried out this act, but it is apparent from what we have heard that the cause of their death was some type of explosion.

We have received unconfirmed reports that the explosion came from the two rear doors of the vehicle the Queen and her delegation were traveling in. It is hard to confirm any of these reports as the Nation of Eumenor has closed off the scene, not even allowing McMasterdonian investigators in.

Cascadia does not have any diplomatic connection to McMasterdonia, but as a prominent member of the North Pacific community Cascadia have become acquainted with their nation none the less. The Prime Minister offered his condolences to the victims family and the people of McMasterdonia this morning, saying, "The traject acts of terrorism committed this morning not only shook the nation of McMasterdonia, but shook the entire region. We offer our deepest solace for their loss. It is quite sad to think that despite our hardest efforts, evil still lives among us."

THE GOVERNMENT OF LORBANK'S ANNOUNCEMENT
d0CSXNK.jpg

The tragic news has got to the Lorbankian President, Leslie Burves. He diagnosed that there were no outrage in the North Pacific like this, since he in Presidency, February 1999.

He regrets what happened, and he offered to send the best detectives of Lorbank to help the investigating. Beside this he offered to visit the tomb of the queen and take a wreath to it.

The soul of the queen is still living with us!

Yours sincerely,
The Lorbankian government

SUg9HMM.png
OFFICIAL STATEMENT

24th July, 2015

The news of Queen Matilda II of McMasterdonia's passing has come to my attention. I know I speak for everyone in expressing my sympathy to those who have been caught up in these events and above all to the relatives and friends of those who have lost their lives.

I want to express my admiration for the people of McMasterdonia who in the aftermath of todays news seem to be determined to resume their normal lives. But those who perpetrate these brutal acts against innocent people should know that they will not change our way of life.

Atrocities such as these simply reinforce our sense of community, our humanity, and our trust in the rule of law. That is the clear message from us all.

Furthermore, to stay true to our neutrality as a nation and by recommendation of our minister of foreign affairs, The Kingdom of Swetopia will not recognize the passing of Queen Matilda II of McMasterdonia as an assassination until proper investigation has been made. Neither will The Republic of Eumeno be seen as responsible at this time.

My Condolences,

H.M. Charlus XVI Dolphus
By the Grace of God, King of Swetopia

The Acting Khan offers condolences on behalf of the Wolvesh people and the use of both the 9th legion and 3rd Fleet to act as "Peacekeepers" and a neutral party.

((ooc: I'm just going to do Peacekeepers with bunny rabbit ears, easier than having 600 terms when one pretty much covers it.))

Official Communicate from the Most Serene Republic of Syrixia:
syrixia.png

-OFFICIAL COMMUNICATE FROM THE MOST SERENE REPUBLIC OF SYRIXIA-

Honorable Government of McMasterdonia:

We've only just heard the news. On behalf of the government and people of the Most Serene Republic of Syrixia, I would like to offer, humbly and deeply; our condolences to the Imperial family of McMasterdonia as well as your Government.

This is, very clearly, a case of assassination. What remains to be discovered, however, is whether the government of Eumenor was involved in the plot, as has been inquired various times already. We trust the government of Eumenor and do not believe they were involved, obviously.

Syrixia has been involved in a similar security-related incident involving the death of Cronaali Foreign Affairs Minister Eden Hall, so we can empathize with the Eumenorian government in this scenario. We do hope Eumenor allows McMasterdonia access to the bodies of those dead.

We also recommend that Eumenor ups the ante on its security following this incident, so events like these do not happen again. Our hearts go out to the grieving prince, who has lost both his mother and his father. Our hearts go out to all McMasterdonians at this time.

God bless McMasterdonia.

Alfred Nursson

~~~~~~~
2ihqdky.png
~~~~~~~

The Isle of Avalon

His Royal Highness King Lennart. Official Statement

In this dark hour I offer my sincere condolences and my sympathy to the Kingdom of McMasterdonia and the McMasterdonian people.

King Lennart, His Round Table, His Druids and the Avalonian people as a whole feel McMasterdonian loss as ours. We are deeply saddened to hear also about the circumstances of Her Majesty's passing and we hope Eumenorian authorities to shed light on this matter, bringing justice to whoever planned and/or carried out such a terrible act of terrorism.

Queen Matilda II will be remembered not only for Her service to the McMasterdonian Kingdom, but also for Her attitude towards The North Pacific as a region, and Her kind but firm leadership.

I sincerely hope that the emergent friendship between our two Kingdoms will continue. Our Ambassador in Intelligentsia remains at your glorious kingdom disposal.

May McMasterdonia be blessed forever

~King Lennart Raybrandt, King of Avalon~

The Emperor, Prime ministers and the Parliament of the Imperial Japanese Empire offers his condolences on this horrible case of terrorism

[img=250,250]http://i.imgur.com/U0Wrcwy.png?1[/img]​

To whom it may concern,

The news of the passing of the Honorable Queen Matilda II reached out to my office by way of the governor's office in Cetus A.D., where the news was relayed to President Snyders at 18:00 this evening. The condolences of the Kialga-Lourtian government are extended to all McMasterdonian citizens in this time.

This act of terrorism against a visiting foreign head of state shows a stain on the government and people of Eumenor. Whether the assassination be a plot of the government, or by the people of the nation of Eumenor, the stain will be reflected on all people from Eumenor. At this time, the President has decided to call a meeting of his cabinet to evaluate the situation. As it stands, this act of terrorism will be taken into account, and Cetus A.D., located in the waters of the North Pacific, will have borders closed to citizens and officials of Eumenor.

As always, Ambassador Jennica Griffin will be available to the government of McMasterdonia. In response, Ms. Rose Bouquet's residence in Mira Balka will be monitored 24/7 in order to protect the McMasterdonian ambassador with the Commonwealth, especially within the waters of the North Pacific. Governor Jasmine Hewitt, President William Snyders, and myself will be meeting in Mira Balka, Cetus A.D. within the coming days to discuss what further actions need to be taken by the government of the Commonwealth to support the citizens of McMasterdonia during this time.

May the Kingdom continue strong and fearless in the years to come,
LZfGVLk.png

Minister of Foreign Affairs -- Kialga-Lourti

SYAGasF.png

President of the Commonwealth -- Kialga-Lourti​

floregasqueeconomist.co.fl

Matilda of McMasterdonia dies; economic forecast unclear

Matilda II, Queen of McMasterdonia, was assassinated today in a coordinated attack on her motorcade in Eumenor, officials say.

Matilda was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics. Their late arrival has led to questions towards the Eumenorean government regarding their role in protecting heads of state. Prince Albert, the Queen's brother, is expected to be appointed regent, according to McMasterdonian Global News.

In a statement, Gonfaloniere Alessandro d'Avelocci spoke of his friendship with the deceased queen, saying "people will say that the Queen was a great leader and administrator. She was also a great mother, a caring and intelligent confidant, and an excellent bridge player."

Though the Gonfaloniere, a board member of the Bank Avelocci, said that "the long and fruitful relationship between the Aveloccis and the royal family of McMasterdonia will not be shaken by these events", the economic forecast is more uncertain. The Floregasque Stock Exchange (FSE) fell 70 points on the news to 15,976, though it ended the day ten points ahead at 16,056.

Insiders at Marini Investing Service also report that the credit rating agency plans to lower McMasterdonia's credit rating to BBB from AA due to the assassination, possible recession, and a rise in religious extremism, but Marini did not return request for comment.

Public relations at Bank Avelocci reiterated the Gonfaloniere's assurance that the institution still has faith in the McMasterdonian government, but refused to comment further on the Bank's future plans.

The below is a private communication.
Communiqué
From: The Office of the President Minister of the Russian Republic
To: The Royal Family of McMasterdonia

Your Highnesses,

My government is devastated to hear of the untimely demise of Matilda II. Your family and our world is lessened without her.

Under the traditional rules of foreign relations, assassination of a head of state is an act of war. Under the obligations my government has undertaken as part of the Democratic Union, I find that we are obligated to assist you.

Any inquiries that the several Russian intelligence services could possibly assist with in connection with discovering the means, authors, and purpose of the unconscionable attack on Her Majesty, I promise their unconditional support in answering.

When the truth becomes known of who is behind this act, we will undertake to meet our obligations to them, forcefully.

Sincerely Yours,
President Minister Alexander Nikolayevich Kerenskij

12:05, an hour after the attack -
Breaking news: grand embassy unveiling ends in disaster as Mcmasterdonian monarch is killed
Earlier this morning, the joyous occasion that was to be the opening of Eumenor's embassy with McMasterdonia turned to tragedy as the entire delegation, including Queen Matulda and her consort, were brutally murdered in their vehicles by unknown militants. No group within Eumenor or outside has claimed responsibility for the assasination.
Eumenorian authorities have confirmed that there have been no McMasterdonian survivors, with all in the delegation having been pronounced dead at the scene. There were seven Eumenorian casualties, one of which was serious, but the wounded remains in a stable condition. An internal investigation into the event, and the actions of the intelligence agency and security services, is underway, with results expected shortly.
However, the country remains in a state of national emergency while the criminals are at large, and as such, citizens are advised to remain in their homes, and to remain vigilant.
Stay tuned for events as they develop.

3:00 -
This statement was released fifteen minutes ago by the Eumenorian government to the other heads of state.
Eumenor extends its heartfelt condolences to the McMasterdonian royal family and people. This is the worst possible ending to the tour that was meant to bring our nations closer together, and Eumenor regrets deeply the deaths of those who placed their trust in us.
While Eumenor wishes to minimise the trauma and disruption to McMasterdonia and the family, we are at this time unable to return the bodies of the deceased, until the internal investigations are complete. With Eumenor a state of national emergency in force, Eumenorian authorities have taken on special powers to deal with the situation. As such, a full independent investigation will not be carried out until the danger has subsided and the state of emergency revoked. We hope for your cooperation in this matter, and apologise for the inconvenience. Rest assured that the authorities are dealing with the case in the proper way, and that the process is being fully documented by the police force. Eumenor is a nation of transparency and high moral standards, and we will uphold these principles during the investigations.
Again, we apologise profusely for the tragedy that has occurred on our soil, and promise full investigations and the transfer of the dead in a timely manner.
The suspects have yet to be identified, and are still at large. All citizens are to remain vigilant and report any suspicious activity to the proper authorities. The Spokesman is expected to release a statement later today, to shed more light on the progress of the investigations.

OOC: I'll follow this up with statements from EumenEYE and other sources later. Please PM me questions from your states to address in future posts.

A Public Statement on live television by Queen-Empress Amelia on the matter of Queen Matlida II's Assassination:
With an extraordinarily heavy heart I must confirm that, to the best of my knowledge, the reports of the death of my dearest cousin, Queen Matilda II of McMasterdonia, are true. Matilda was one of my greatest friends and a truly wonderful woman. Her good judgement, her good heart, and her good will is nearly unsurpassed by any who have lived. To hear of her passing left me speechless and deeply saddened to put it very lightly.

Know that the world has seen a great loss today and that those who committed this heinous, misguided, cowardly, and utterly repulsive act will be brought to justice. The intelligence services of the Empire will not rest until such is so. In addition to myself, the Office of Prime Minister Oudinot and Foreign Minister Roudan will not be taking any questions at this time. I have no more to say on the matter. Thank you.

A statement from EumenEYE executive Thomas Brown, the day after the assassination:
Initial reports are clear. The investigation has shown that the group which carried out the attack and is still at large, is part of a professional network up to this point unknown to Eumenor's intelligence agency. The team consisted of fourteen individuals acting as a unit, of unknown origin and unknown location. The security forces succeeded in injuring six assailants at the scene, but the difficult situation and proximity to civilians lining the streets prevented further action. Had further action been taken, immense loss of civilian life would have been risked.
Eumenor's security network was unready for an attack of this scale. Few of the officers on patrol were firearm officers, as firearms are not a usual part of Eumenorian security operations. The security was optimised to deal with crowds and possibly low-level threats, including individual assassination attempts, but not organised assassination attempts by established groups.
The frightening thing is that Eumenor's anti-terror countermeasures and safeguards were bypassed this group in a way we've not before encountered. Eumenor has historically not been troubled by terror issues, as the strict arms licensing and tagging, along with the ID certificates and money-transfer controls, ensure that terror cells cannot operate within our nation.*
In order for this group to evade EumenEYE detection, they must have smuggled themselves and their arms across the country. We are still waiting for a final confirmation that no IDs matching those of the supposed perpetrators have been used to purchase goods or services previously to the attack, or to enter Minas Ersul, but we feel fairly sure that no such IDs for these people exist. This either means they have lived their whole lives in Eumenor in hiding, which is unlikely, or they have entered from outside fairly recently. The security services are closing in on their current whereabouts, with several leads being followed.
But the fact that they managed to enter the country at all, import arms and ammunition, and then enter the capital to carry out the attack without raising suspicion, would point to the fact that they have been assisted by an outside power. The aforementioned countermeasures should have prevented such an attack from being able to happen, alleviating the need for a strong armed presence on the streets. The countermeasures were bypassed, probably with the help of a large foreign power, and as a result, our security services were overwhelmed. Guns have never been a large part of Eumenorian crime and security, as the McMasterdonians knew when they arrived. We regret this tragedy, and will review our part to play in it. The internal investigation will continue and the suspects will be apprehended, at which point foreign investigators will be welcomed to work with us to review the events and our primary inquiry into them. When the state of emergency is revoked, and our investigation completed, the bodies will be duly returned. Eumenor hopes that the entire community will be able to move on from the loss of these most distinguished figures, who will be sorely missed.

*OOC: Questioning about this is welcome.

The EumenEYE official keeps pointing to a large power, but I would suggest that those same security measures could have been undermined by those inside the state. This would appear to be an inside job that was orchestrated with the support of the Eumenorian Government, or at the very least, radical elements within the Government.

The fact that the Government is still unwilling to allow access to the site and even worse, still unwilling to return the deceased to their home nations is a grave concern.

- McMasterdonian Global News reporter, Sophie Baxter.

The Guslant delegation echoes the McMasterdonian government. Corruption is an option. We know, from first hand, that my predecessor was a corrupt man, and I hope the Eumenorian government allow the bodies to be returned and open your borders for international inspection.

-Minister Greg Baldwin, on behalf of the Guslant Cabinet

The United States of New Sekai sent our condolences and condemned who(s) ever done this. Aswell, we are questionable about Eumenor actions on that day.

Back