Admin Requests

Elu, your links aren't working. I tried to find you on IRC this afternoon and you weren't around.
I'll be busy most Sunday evenings from now into December (11 more weeks after this evening) so it wasn't a good time for me to try again.

I'm not exactly sure what you're saying. As far as I know, you haven't been restricted from using e-mail features, but mass email is admin only due to a bug in how Zetaboards works.

Okay so I clicked on your profile to e-mail you Grosse and I got:

"You do not have permission to email other members.
Error Code: 5029:2142228"

I was here in January 2011?
Can we nuke this baby now.

-Tim

Timcity:
I was here in January 2011?
Can we nuke this baby now.

-Tim
Oh look. It's an old account of mine?

Woah.

Honestly, I had no idea this even existed until recently. It's last login before today was January.. I think 17th of 2011.

I posted about this earlier, but ignored (or maybe don't care?)

Anyway. Yeah. Nuke it or something?

unibot:

It has taken some research, but at the current time, no member group mask, except for admin have been given the permission to e-mail other forum members.

Elu or Flem may have to confirm this, but I believe we made the change after a user abused the individual e-mail feature, and the only option was to turn the feature permission off.

I haven't used email here, except for the bulk email function in the ACP, so that's one reason why I wasn't sure what the issue is. So the answer, Unibot, is that the email permission is turned off generally and not just you in particular.

Tim, were you using a different email or IP then?

That usually would explain why it wasn't caught when you applied to the R.A.

Duplicate account deleted as requested,

Grosseschnauzer:
unibot:

It has taken some research, but at the current time, no member group mask, except for admin have been given the permission to e-mail other forum members.

Elu or Flem may have to confirm this, but I believe we made the change after a user abused the individual e-mail feature, and the only option was to turn the feature permission off.

I haven't used email here, except for the bulk email function in the ACP, so that's one reason why I wasn't sure what the issue is. So the answer, Unibot, is that the email permission is turned off generally and not just you in particular.
Is this likely to ever be reversed?

Isimud:
I'm unable to edit a post in the Diplomatic Corps, here.

I thought that post editing time limits had been disabled?
I've gone through the group permissions, and there shouldn't be any limits.

A couple of groups weren't cleared earlier, and I'm not sure why since the RA and registered citizens masks were cleared, and almost all of the other permission groups include one or the other of those two.

Grosseschnauzer:
Tim, were you using a different email or IP then?

That usually would explain why it wasn't caught when you applied to the R.A.

Duplicate account deleted as requested,
Had a different router then. That might be why. As for different email, I don't believe so... Hmm.

Anyway, Thanks for the DEAT.

I would respectfully request that this post in the RA application thread be addressed, and indeed any other similar posts. I am mindful that admins have a lot of work here and busy lives but I would like to call for action, without wishing to seem insolent.

The head of the NPA posts requests for remasking in this thread when required, as does the Vice Delegate and the Delegate and the C of 5. The Speaker has to acknowledge an R.A. application and request a check before any of the admin can do so.

Your irritation is best directed at them, and not at the admin. I've checked at least twice daily to see if there's something urgent or otherwise needed, and things have been quiet as far as I know.

I'll accept your apology here.

Grosseschnauzer:
The head of the NPA posts requests for remasking in this thread when required, as does the Vice Delegate and the Delegate and the C of 5. The Speaker has to acknowledge an R.A. application and request a check before any of the admin can do so.

Your irritation is best directed at them, and not at the admin. I've checked at least twice daily to see if there's something urgent or otherwise needed, and things have been quiet as far as I know.

I'll accept your apology here.
Sorry I assumed it was waiting for an admin to approve. You're right of course it is awaiting speaker to do it not admin. I apologise to the whole of the admin team for this error.

Hileville, can you check with Elu whether that subforum should be handled in a manner similar to the other legal documents. The current layout puts all of them in a special area that is linked to in the main forums, and I'd really rather avoid doing different areas differently if we can help it.

Grosseschnauzer:
Hileville, can you check with Elu whether that subforum should be handled in a manner similar to the other legal documents. The current layout puts all of them in a special area that is linked to in the main forums, and I'd really rather avoid doing different areas differently if we can help it.
That would be very difficult the Court rules on multiple things and that forum is going to be where they can all be posted for reference. If it went through the laws page o would suspect the coding would have to change frequently.

Actually, if we link to a thread, and all of the opinions were posted in that thread, it would not require constant editing of the coding. (The thread could even be a compilation of links to the posts where the decisions appear.)

King Durk The Awesome posted personal messages. This is in violation of the forum rules:
You may not post personal messages in a public area of the forum without the author's permission.

Members of the government, Administrators, and Moderators may post PMs (without prior permission) in secure areas of the forum in order to perform the duties of their office, for matters of regional security, or for moderation evidence.
The content has been edited out of the posts.

Chasmanthe:
King Durk The Awesome posted personal messages. This is in violation of the forum rules:
You may not post personal messages in a public area of the forum without the author's permission.

Members of the government, Administrators, and Moderators may post PMs (without prior permission) in secure areas of the forum in order to perform the duties of their office, for matters of regional security, or for moderation evidence.

I was checking the logs, simply by location. If I am correct, those were all from channels. Not Private Messages. If JAL wanted to, he could post them. The only trouble with those logs were that they weren't the most ...accurate.. logs.

The TNP Policy only covers Private Messages, if I am correct.

Yes, I realize the logs were posted regarding me.
There's a reason those were posted though, and it's because of something I did earlier.
I'm not pushing a complaint against JAL.

edit: Is there honestly even any solid screenshot proof that JAL posted logs there? Just saying.

Chasmanthe:

This is information, not an admin request. What are you requesting the admins to do?

I cannot see any logs or posts that Durk has made left on the forum, so presumably they have been edited away.

The moderation team has not yet reached a consensus about the matter of whether IRC logs are the same as personal messages.

This suggests to me yet again that something does need to be adopted because this is going to continue to be a matter of conflict.

Can you please check on the status of the training academy subforum in the Defence subforum of Delegate's government?

Who is it viewable by? I thought it was public but have received a message about their being permission restrictions for 'member' masking

McMasterdonia:
Can you please check on the status of the training academy subforum in the Defence subforum of Delegate's government?

Who is it viewable by? I thought it was public but have received a message about their being permission restrictions for 'member' masking
From what I can tell in checking threads and PMs from April, when it was set up, the idea apparently was that the Training Academy wouldn't be visible until someone was given the NPA permission as a recruit, so there was no reason to make it accessible otherwise. It was made viewable and postable for the forum moderation team, those with SC masking, and those with Army masking.

I can tell from the logs that I must have gotten the specs for all of the Defense area subforums from Elu via IRC as I was doing it, because otherwise I would not have been able to set all of them up at the same time (in late April) without the technical details.

Please give Prince Windsor NPA Masking

Please remove Peoples Empires NPA masking as he resigned a week ago

Please remove Cormac Starks masking as he resigned today

thank you!

mcmasterdonia:
Please give Prince Windsor NPA Masking

Please remove Peoples Empires NPA masking as he resigned a week ago

Please remove Cormac Starks masking as he resigned today

thank you!
Done

Tim:
Tim:
Please mask Blue Wolf II as Security Council.
Bumpedy Bump?
Tim, GBM has advised the other admin of her objection to any remasking at this time.

Apparently there are several issues, especially since the new Constitution requires the R.A. to vote on admission of any "approved applicant" to the S.C. (Article V, Clause 3)

Grosseschnauzer:
Tim:
Tim:
Please mask Blue Wolf II as Security Council.
Bumpedy Bump?
Tim, GBM has advised the other admin of her objection to any remasking at this time.

Apparently there are several issues, especially since the new Constitution requires the R.A. to vote on admission of any "approved applicant" to the S.C. (Article V, Clause 3)
Ah.. the way I read that, I assumed it was an optional thing due to the 'may' . I guess it's how you interpret things. I shall talk to the Speaker about getting Wolf's Confirmation Vote up.

Thanks for explaining :)

Back