Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
-TNP For A Cure-

Zombies are people too! This is a program to urge the good people of the North Pacific not to kill their zombies mercilessly, as if they were some ordinary monster, or to join them, and fall prey to their viral inflictions, but to cure them!

The virus that inhabits these zombies is the real enemy this Z-Day, not the zombies themselves! The zombies are simply vessels for the virus to thrive in, that the virus has already infected. What were they before they were zombies? Normal people like you and me! Now let's help our fellow man and cure this virus!

TNP For A Cure is a political action committee as well as a civil action committee. As you may or may not know, TNP law mandates a quick poll to be set up every Z-Day to determine what we should do. Our cause must be fought for that day! The good people who have been enslaved by the horrid virus deserve justice!

Come this Z-Day, vote CURE! And if you're with TNP For A Cure, you're welcome to display this as your avatar:

tnpforacure866e2.png

I for one plan to embrace our new undead overlords. They may be less soul destroying.

Wouldn't that just be becoming part of the problem? We have to get rid of the virus and save the people!

Merconitonitopia:
I dunno man, I think I might just join 'em.
You're willing to basically sell your soul to a body-decaying brain parasite?

Nebula:
:cry: Come on guys! We did a regionwide cure initiative last year! What happened? Did the region I call home lose its sense of morality?

Syrixia:
Merconitonitopia:
I dunno man, I think I might just join 'em.
You're willing to basically sell your soul to a body-decaying brain parasite?
What's the internet got to do with this?

I intend to make my primary nation defend my out-of-region states for the most part.
Nierr's lucky, he just gets to sit back and watch the fireworks. :P

I am excited. This time I created a host of puppet nations at the end of the last one so that I have a bunch of nations to spread the disease this go round.

It's best we follow the recommendations of the regional government. Most people will be doing that. That'll allow the region top the scores in whatever criteria that the government decides on. Doing anything but what other nations are doing will actually harm our rankings.

plembobria:
It's best we follow the recommendations of the regional government. Most people will be doing that. That'll allow the region top the scores in whatever criteria that the government decides on. Doing anything but what other nations are doing will actually harm our rankings.
That's why we have to get the people to understand the reasons behind why we need to cure the zombies, so the vote can end out that way. If the poll says we should cure the zombies, we'll have a chance at saving those poor, innocent people!

TNP FOR A CURE! :w00t:

I didn't raise our Scientific Advancement index by ~200 points in the last year to get these sweet, juicy brains eaten.

I think they should make a change to the cure process to make it more boring so it better reflects real life public health policy. Like, you have to solve a math problem, or a logic puzzle, to acquire a cure-missile. It's too lopsided otherwise. #spreaddisease2015

When it comes to zombies, I am 100% pro-life. Cure to save our friends and family!

I can also leak that we will have some great things to announce very soon related to polls and course of action. Stay tuned!

We'll start lobbying for the cure vote when the poll starts. When Z-Day starts we'll be coordinating curing efforts on curers and others alike, especially zombie embracers; so we can get rid of their zombies and reduce the death rate.

Syrixia:
We'll start lobbying for the cure vote when the poll starts. When Z-Day starts we'll be coordinating curing efforts on curers and others alike, especially zombie embracers; so we can get rid of their zombies and reduce the death rate.
^This.

Speaking of, the poll has a thread now.

Do we have a cure strategy for the region?

We should have a way to prioritise targets for large, medium and small nations.

I would say cure whoever has the most zombies and just keep curing as the infection numbers increase in various nations.

Last year every Syrixian died. We cannot repeat that.

Assuming that they'll be reusing last year's mechanics;

Larger nations' missiles can cure many more infected per shot. So larger nations should fire the inital volleys which can potentially cure hundreds of millions.

Smaller nations can only cure 1mil per shot, so they should be tasked with mopping up the infected.

Also if we're thinking of securing a good spot on the Z-Day tally board, we should prioritse curing the large inactive nations.

On the flip side though, small & tiny nations may feel that they're being ignored, left out.

Unimaginable Doom:
Assuming that they'll be reusing last year's mechanics;

Larger nations' missiles can cure many more infected per shot. So larger nations should fire the inital volleys which can potentially cure hundreds of millions.

Smaller nations can only cure 1mil per shot, so they should be tasked with mopping up the infected.

Also if we're thinking of securing a good spot on the Z-Day tally board, we should prioritse curing the large inactive nations.

On the flip side though, small & tiny nations may feel that they're being ignored, left out.
These small nations can be cured too. We can have a large group curing the big nations and a small group curing the small nations.

The proportion of zombies to survivors is actually quite important as well: it's my plan to, assuming the region chooses Cure, put up lists which list any nations with a Zombie to Survivor ratio higher than 3 before any other nations, and otherwise sort the lists by zombie population.

We should also have a list of known zombie exporters, for kill squads to target, or to be regularly cure bombed.

I think we can safely add to that list the nations who are voting in the poll to join the zombies...

The poll has now closed, and although it was close, we have a winner: TNP for the Cure, with 93 votes! You can view the full results here.

In order to best combat the zombie menace, we will be establishing Cure Squads and Kill Squads. These squads will be focused around nations of similar sizes, in order to ensure the most effective results. Cure Squads will, of course, focus on curing nations, emphasizing the best ways to help the region find the cure. Kill Squads will be targeting nations of exporters in order to minimize the amount of damage they are able to do.

Both types of squads will be headed up by Squad Leaders, who will be responsible for giving their squads orders during the event. If possible, we will have two or three Leaders for each Squad, who will be able to switch out and relieve each other for meals, sleep, and other RL necessities. And, depending on the amount of interest, we may also have Group Captains, who will be in charge of organizing multiple squads of similar sizes around common goals.

You don't need to be an expert to be a Squad Leader, as we will be providing training throughout this week for those selected on what targets to look for and how to prioritize goals.

You can apply to be a Squad Leader here. Applications will be accepted throughout the week, but earlier applicants will have more time to prepare and train, and last-minute applicants might find all slots full.

SillyString:
In order to best combat the zombie menace, we will be establishing Cure Squads and Kill Squads. These squads will be focused around nations of similar sizes, in order to ensure the most effective results. Cure Squads will, of course, focus on curing nations, emphasizing the best ways to help the region find the cure. Kill Squads will be targeting nations of exporters in order to minimize the amount of damage they are able to do.
That sounds cool. :D Will sign up as a member of the Cure Squad. Not as a Leader though - I plead my poor eyesight to select targets.

Just a suggestion, can we also have "Good Horders"? (You know, for those who want to spread zombies but still want to contribute to TNP.). We can neutralize "Bad Horders", or those that spread disease maliciously, using "Good Horders". Kill squads will only exterminate the extant zombie population of the "Bad Horders". When the living population of the "Bad Horders" become zombies in the next hour, they will be able to infect again.

What "Good Horders" do is that they convert the entire population of the "Bad Horders" to zombies in order to make it accessible for the Kill Squads. So, for "Bad Horders", we can convert the population to zombie, then kill all. When the entire population of "Bad Horders" is dead, they're out of the game. :P

Kyle:
SillyString:
That sounds cool. :D Will sign up as a member of the Cure Squad. Not as a Leader though - I plead my poor eyesight to select targets.

Just a suggestion, can we also have "Good Horders"? (You know, for those who want to spread zombies but still want to contribute to TNP.). We can neutralize "Bad Horders", or those that spread disease maliciously, using "Good Horders". Kill squads will only exterminate the extant zombie population of the "Bad Horders". When the living population of the "Bad Horders" become zombies in the next hour, they will be able to infect again.

What "Good Horders" do is that they convert the entire population of the "Bad Horders" to zombies in order to make it accessible for the Kill Squads. So, for "Bad Horders", we can convert the population to zombie, then kill all. When the entire population of "Bad Horders" is dead, they're out of the game. :P
We don't need to kill of hoarders' entire population, just their infected population will do. Once there's no more infected in a nation, zeds won't spawn/be created in that nation.

Inrcreasing the number of infected in bad hoarders and then killing them off, just seems to make things more difficult and time consuming for us, IMO.

Unimaginable Doom:
Kyle:
SillyString:

We don't need to kill of hoarders' entire population, just their infected population will do. Once there's no more infected in a nation, zeds won't spawn/be created in that nation.

Inrcreasing the number of infected in bad hoarders and then killing them off, just seems to make things more difficult and time consuming for us, IMO.
That's not quite true - when there are no infected in a nation and the region is curing, no new zombies will be infected. But as long as the cure has not been found and the infection rate is above 0, every nation will get zombies every tick.

We did consider organizing horde squads, but ultimately decided that it would distract from our focus. We want to encourage everyone to cure (or, at worst, kill), and if exporting were an encouraged option I think more people would take it.

If anybody who is hording does want to contribute in the way Kyle suggests, squad leaders will take that into account when picking targets, but it remains a discouraged option.

Also, only five people have applied to be squad leader yet! We still need more! :)

Back