Ask Sadakoyama

Piscivore

TNPer
This seems like a good idea, so I'm jumping on the bandwagon. Ask me anything you may be curious about how Sadakoyama does things; how they live, how they dress, how they feel about Jello, what is up with the tentacles on the flag.

I will give you an answer; it might not be the one you thought you'd get, but it might even be accurate, you never know.

What is the "slimy thing with legs" supposed to be and what kind of Nation type is "The Chronosynclastic Infundibulm of" :P

Sytarenne:
What is the "slimy thing with legs" supposed to be and what kind of Nation type is "The Chronosynclastic Infundibulm of" :P
I have a fact book page on the Slimy Thing; it is easy to miss because it is currently only linked to via the caption on the picture on the main factbook page: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=363780. It does come, of course, from the Coleridge poem Rhyme of the Ancient Mariner: "Yea, slimy things did crawl with legs/Upon the slimy sea".

A "Chronosynclastic Infundibulum" is a concept created by Kurt Vonnegut for his novel Sirens of Titan (an author and work I both highly recommend). An explanation of the phenomenon as used in that book is here: http://vonnegut.wikia.com/wiki/Chrono-Synclastic_Infundibulum. Incidentally the idea of a "karass" is based off something from his book Cat's Cradle.

Originally I just threw it in there as a joke because I didn't have a clear idea what kind of government Sadakoyama would have (before I reactivated it, everything was based on Ringu which I was obsessed with at the time; thus SADAKO YAMAmura, VHS tapes as currency. "Zombies" were the original national animal).

Well, a few days after I called it a "Chronosynclastic Infundibulum" and started thinking about what that would mean, I conceived of a nation of islands clustered around a tiny singularity, which would cause all kind of weird time and space distortions: ancient ruins from unidentifiable cultures, islands coming and going, people and creatures disappearing and reappearing. It was one was to explain the terrible weather and why so many people got "lost in the wilderness".

However, when it came time to claim a spot on TNP map, Nierr was dead set against adding any islands, and was in fact having a bit of a kerfuffle with Kalti about his. So I shelved that idea and claimed a mainland spot. I didn't even think about my nation title after that, but now I have an idea that came to me when discussing role play scenarios with Ceretis that I like, but it's not finished and unwritten so I'm keeping it under my hat for now.

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
Are you copying my copy? Because if you are, I'm not sure if you have the right to under copy-copyright laws.
Copy that?
It's okay, the resolution on mine is going to suffer; if you look closely it's a little too pixelated.

Both excessive self-aggrandizement and useless ornamentation are considered signs of emotional immaturity and an indicator of a lack of intellectual integrity, so no.

Besides, gold chains get caught in the lab equipment.

Piscivore:
Both excessive self-aggrandizement and useless ornamentation are considered signs of emotional immaturity and an indicator of a lack of intellectual integrity, so no.

No, no.. You misunderstood. Sweg in Cronaal means beauty.

Piscivore:

What if you're trying to dissolve the gold?

Nebula:
Piscivore:

What if you're trying to dissolve the gold?
Then proper lab safety protocols suggest not wearing it at the time. :)

Syrixia:
What is the rarest Pepe you have? Can you show it to us?
Unfortunately, due to the astonishing properties of our rarest Pepe, it cannot be viewed by human eyes, even in reproduction. To gaze upon his sublimely froggy face is to know joy and longing so intense, one must die in despair when it is taken away.

One day this pale mockery of a world will evolve a species worthy of gazing upon this Pepe, but it is not this one; it is not for us.

plembobria:
Trump: Great candidate, or the greatest?
The greatest candidate. He's got the conservatives chasing their own tails trying to live up to or just not utterly disavow all the bull squat they've been spewing for the last thirty years.

Piscivore:
Well, a few days after I called it a "Chronosynclastic Infundibulum" and started thinking about what that would mean, I conceived of a nation of islands clustered around a tiny singularity, which would cause all kind of weird time and space distortions: ancient ruins from unidentifiable cultures, islands coming and going, people and creatures disappearing and reappearing. It was one was to explain the terrible weather and why so many people got "lost in the wilderness".

However, when it came time to claim a spot on TNP map, Nierr was dead set against adding any islands, and was in fact having a bit of a kerfuffle with Kalti about his. So I shelved that idea and claimed a mainland spot. I didn't even think about my nation title after that, but now I have an idea that came to me when discussing role play scenarios with Ceretis that I like, but it's not finished and unwritten so I'm keeping it under my hat for now.
Huh. Considering your interest in a feathered variety of dragons in your nation and the sheer importance of Time (considered to be the interplay of Hope/Beginning and Silence/Ending) in the dragons' religion, this would be quite an interesting thing to RP together when I return and you figure that out.

Darcania:
Piscivore:

Huh. Considering your interest in a feathered variety of dragons in your nation and the sheer importance of Time (considered to be the interplay of Hope/Beginning and Silence/Ending) in the dragons' religion, this would be quite an interesting thing to RP together when I return and you figure that out.

I look forward to that. Let's just say the "Ring" aspect of the thing hasn't entirely gone away.

The Spokesman of Eumenor:
Not gonna lie, Grave of the Fireflies is the saddest film I've ever seen.
Agreed. I think it is one of the best films I've ever seen but I've never been able to watch it a second time.

Got food poisoning at my favorite Chinese buffet today. The last six hours have been a nightmare. How can something I love treat me so bad?

Nebula:
Karma. Have you kicked any puppies lately?
Nope. And it was even my idea to go because I thought it would be fun to go out with our daughter like we used to before she moved out.

It 2015, and my 19 year old son listens to cassettes on a Walkman, hosted a VHS party, and plays old NES games with his girlfriend.

Piscivore:
It 2015, and my 19 year old son listens to cassettes on a Walkman, hosted a VHS party, and plays old NES games with his girlfriend.
But NES is still valid.

Piscivore:
Syrixia:
Unfortunately, due to the astonishing properties of our rarest Pepe, it cannot be viewed by human eyes, even in reproduction. To gaze upon his sublimely froggy face is to know joy and longing so intense, one must die in despair when it is taken away.

One day this pale mockery of a world will evolve a species worthy of gazing upon this Pepe, but it is not this one; it is not for us.
I will be willing to see this pepe...I shall sacrifice myself for the pepe!

Syrixia:
Piscivore:
Syrixia:

I will be willing to see this pepe...I shall sacrifice myself for the pepe!
Good luck finding someone to open the vault for you. For that matter, good luck finding the vault. Our pepe is secured, contained, and protected. :)

Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite... would you like a toasted teacake?

Wolfsea:
Given that God is infinite, and that the universe is also infinite... would you like a toasted teacake?
That's another bready question. Although we are keen to know everything there is to know about chaos theory and predicting weather cycles.

Piscivore:
Wolfsea:
That's another bready question. Although we are keen to know everything there is to know about chaos theory and predicting weather cycles.
It's not just bready.... it's quite curranty too.
I just adore chaos.

Back