Tomb For You!

Great Brigantia:
Funkadelia:
It kind of is when you approve of their policies, and then pull a 180 and demand a reversal of those same policies. So you *did* know what they were going to do.

I don't understand your response to the previous question. You apologized for Cascadia's conduct, but you did not deny that you did not approach LL about his ministry. You weren't intending on letting him know?
Is there a reason he should have let him know before re-election? He evidently isn't planning to replace Lord Lore until his next term, should he be re-elected, which he has not yet been. It's normal to begin organizing your cabinet during an election, but it isn't normal to start implementing it before the election concludes.

I think too big a deal is being made of this. Cabinets usually change over the course of multiple terms and that's a good thing, it allows more people to participate, more people to advance, and more ideas to come forward. I really hope this circus over a cabinet replacement because one minister is salty he's being replaced isn't going to lead future Delegates to keep the same cabinets for multiple terms and lead to cabinet stagnation. I've seen regions in which cabinets stay the same for eight months to a year, and it isn't pretty.
I agree. If Tomb is elected Delegate next term, he has all the right to appoint whoever he wants to cabinet. If he believes Lord Lore is no longer a good choice as Minister of Culture, he is entitled to that opinion, and can appoint someone else. I really don't understand why this is being debated. Lord Lore's plan didn't work, so maybe it is time for some new ideas to come forward.

Just my :2c:

[me]

Funkadelia, I agree with what Cormac and Cascadia have both stated. I'd also appreciate if we can move on. I've really said all that I can regarding the culture topic/incident, and I'm sure that you've seen my point of view and opinion on that topic. Of course, if you still feel the need to drag it on, feel free to do so, but I think it's about time to move on to other topics.

Cascadia, first of all, thank you for bringing up another topic for a change. Accommodating applicant diplomats will be achieved through the continuation of assigning newer diplomats a mentor that would teach them how to take on the job of an ambassador, and through assigning newer diplomats to a region where an experienced diplomat is working so that they can learn from them and be able to work at the same time, an excellent policy put in by Lord Ravenclaw. Through a combination of these two systems, I do hope that we'll be able to allow everyone who wants to participate to be able to do so. Opening more embassies is definitely an option, and I'm sure we'll be expanding our relations with new regions next term, but we can't open up an embassy for every diplomat at the same time, since we have too many.

I hope that answers your questions. If you have anymore, do let me know. :)

~ Tomb

Gradea:
No support from me Tomb as I am also running for Delegate.
Tomb heads to NS so he can banject someone :P

I still wish you best of luck regardless, Gradea, and I am really looking forward to working with you after the election. I've noticed that you're part of the HA Executive Staff, that's where I started out when I first came to NS, so I look forward to working with you in that area, my friend.

~ Tomb

Cascadia:
If Tomb is elected Delegate next term, he has all the right to appoint whoever he wants to cabinet. If he believes Lord Lore is no longer a good choice as Minister of Culture, he is entitled to that opinion, and can appoint someone else. I really don't understand why this is being debated. Lord Lore's plan didn't work, so maybe it is time for some new ideas to come forward.

Cascadia
Lord Lore's plan didn't have time to work. The only reason why anyone thinks it doesn't is because they can't get into the HQ. Which doesn't matter, because back in the old days, nothing went on in the HQ anyway.

Lord Lore did one thing: move a few threads out of the HQ, and make the HQ a place for reports by RP mods, nothing more. The Culture ministry now has actual offices, and a purpose. Before that, it was just a bunch of discussions for events that wound up never happening.

plembobria:
Cascadia:
If Tomb is elected Delegate next term, he has all the right to appoint whoever he wants to cabinet. If he believes Lord Lore is no longer a good choice as Minister of Culture, he is entitled to that opinion, and can appoint someone else. I really don't understand why this is being debated. Lord Lore's plan didn't work, so maybe it is time for some new ideas to come forward.

Cascadia
Lord Lore's plan didn't have time to work. The only reason why anyone thinks it doesn't is because they can't get into the HQ. Which doesn't matter, because back in the old days, nothing went on in the HQ anyway.

Lord Lore did one thing: move a few threads out of the HQ, and made the HQ a place for reports by RP mods, nothing more. The Culture ministry now has actual offices, and a purpose. Before that, it was just a bunch of discussions for events that never happened anyway.
Yes, Lord Lore's plan was only allowed to go through one phase before he had to stop.

Tomb, while I think you have done a great job as Delegate, I cannot support Lord Lore's removal from the cabinet. He is a hard working individual who devotes so much of his time to keeping Culture running.

RPI:
plembobria:
Cascadia:

Cascadia

Lord Lore did one thing: move a few threads out of the HQ, and made the HQ a place for reports by RP mods, nothing more. The Culture ministry now has actual offices, and a purpose. Before that, it was just a bunch of discussions for events that never happened anyway.
Yes, Lord Lore's plan was only allowed to go through one phase before he had to stop.

Tomb, while I think you have done a great job as Delegate, I cannot support Lord Lore's removal from the cabinet. He is a hard working individual who devotes so much of his time to keeping Culture running.
RPI, first of all, I respect your opinion regarding Lord Lore. However, I want to reiterate that it's my right to alter my cabinet. Whether you support my cabinet choices or not, that's something I will acknowledge, but again, I am perfectly and fully allowed to do it. I just want to make this clear.

No one is denying your right to alter your cabinet, Tomb. However, there is a concept called public opinion, and as members of the public, our opinion agrees with the actions undertaken by Lord Lore.

Guys guys break it up! I think some of LL's policies like the new map regulations are good, but I agree with Tomb on some points too. Can't we find a midway?

Meh. I couldn't care less who's in the Cabinet. I see it as patronage appointments anyway. I think Tomb has done an adequate job in his half-term or so. If you want to have a certain person in a specific position, then propose legislation mandating the Cabinet be elected. So.. unless a Delegate candidate comes along with bullet points that land in my wheelhouse, Tomb deserves a full term imo.

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
RPI:
plembobria:
Cascadia:

Cascadia

RPI, first of all, I respect your opinion regarding Lord Lore. However, I want to reiterate that it's my right to alter my cabinet. Whether you support my cabinet choices or not, that's something I will acknowledge, but again, I am perfectly and fully allowed to do it. I just want to make this clear.
I'm not denying that.

All in all, Tomb, I think you've done a good job as Delegate, I'll just agree to disagree with you on this specific issue. No one can agree completely with anyone, it's pretty much unheard of.

I am too, satisfied with Tomb's progress as delegate. It may seem that my harsh criticism goes against that.

Tomb has kept the region going, voted in the WA promptly, and handled TNP's reaction to Lazarus well.

I honestly don't care whether any of you support the right of the Delegate to alter his cabinet. The key phrase here is his as in, not yours. An elected delegate has the mandate to alter their cabinet as they see fit according to the laws of the North Pacific. So I'll put it bluntly, as I'm rather tired of this song and dance over things that should have been handled privately: deal with it.

Cascadia:
Great Brigantia:
Funkadelia:
It kind of is when you approve of their policies, and then pull a 180 and demand a reversal of those same policies. So you *did* know what they were going to do.

I don't understand your response to the previous question. You apologized for Cascadia's conduct, but you did not deny that you did not approach LL about his ministry. You weren't intending on letting him know?
Is there a reason he should have let him know before re-election? He evidently isn't planning to replace Lord Lore until his next term, should he be re-elected, which he has not yet been. It's normal to begin organizing your cabinet during an election, but it isn't normal to start implementing it before the election concludes.

I think too big a deal is being made of this. Cabinets usually change over the course of multiple terms and that's a good thing, it allows more people to participate, more people to advance, and more ideas to come forward. I really hope this circus over a cabinet replacement because one minister is salty he's being replaced isn't going to lead future Delegates to keep the same cabinets for multiple terms and lead to cabinet stagnation. I've seen regions in which cabinets stay the same for eight months to a year, and it isn't pretty.
I agree. If Tomb is elected Delegate next term, he has all the right to appoint whoever he wants to cabinet. If he believes Lord Lore is no longer a good choice as Minister of Culture, he is entitled to that opinion, and can appoint someone else. I really don't understand why this is being debated. Lord Lore's plan didn't work, so maybe it is time for some new ideas to come forward.

Cascadia
Cascadia its unfair to say my reforms didn't work. I was never allowed to promote them I was never able to even impliment the second wave of reforms I wanted. and at every turn they were torpedoed and stalled. But none the less they were taking root and starting to work. And the only "new ideas" I see coming into culture's function is "stay the same" which is just going to bring the massive problems I have pointed out time and time again back.

Thank you for your input, Lord Lore, but I'd appreciate if we can move on from that topic. I've answered all that I could about it to the best of my ability, and now, I would like to discuss other things as the Delegate's agenda is not focused about the cultural ministry and its leadership.

Thank you for your time, though.

~ Tomb

Your plan to revive the Ministry of Communications and other stagnant Ministries is to employ the services of my the Home Affairs Ministry to promote the Executive Staff, through recruitment, in the attempt to divert membership to lacking Ministries. What if this does not work? You can bring a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

Overall, your vision sounds as though you would like TNL to become a prominent newspaper in NS, such as The Rejected Times, is it not? If so, journalism is one of the more less popular aspects of NS, seeing as how difficult it is to get an adequate number of writers for article. Will you be giving special attention to Communications if your re-elected? How do we know Comm has the possibility of improving under your leadership?

Andrew:
Your plan to revive the Ministry of Communications and other stagnant Ministries is to employ the services of my the Home Affairs Ministry to promote the Executive Staff, through recruitment, in the attempt to divert membership to lacking Ministries. What if this does not work? You can bring a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink.

Overall, your vision sounds as though you would like TNL to become a prominent newspaper in NS, such as The Rejected Times, is it not? If so, journalism is one of the more less popular aspects of NS, seeing as how difficult it is to get an adequate number of writers for article. Will you be giving special attention to Communications if your re-elected? How do we know Comm has the possibility of improving under your leadership?
Andrew, to answer the first part of your question, recruitment has always usually brought in membership. There are many people in The North Pacific who wouldn't mind participating, and would actually enjoy it, but they need that reach out/push to get them started, and that's the role that the Ministry of Home Affairs would play by integrating and recruiting them.

As for TNL, I was wondering when someone was going to make the TRT comparison. To be quiet honest, yes, I do want it to be as good as TRT, and even better, but certainly not as biased as TRT could be in some areas. I do agree with the fact that journalism is not the most popular activity in NS, but we actually have a good amount of writers in TNP, and if we do a good amount of reach out effort and concentrate on those efforts, we can really have an excellent staff on board. I'm confident in the fact that TNP has an excellent infrastructure and staff set for TNL. All we have to do is give it a push, and I really think we can produce a resource that not only delivers the newest and most important news, but that also presents the facts without bias.

~ Tomb

Tomb, what's the one thing that differentiates or will differentiate you from the other candidates for Delegate?

Alta Italia:
Tomb, what's the one thing that differentiates or will differentiate you from the other candidates for Delegate?
First of all, Alta, thank you for your question. It's an excellent question, and I'd be more than happy to answer it for you.

I think the one thing that differentiates me from the other candidates for Delegate is mainly the experience I have. I have no doubt that Stalin, Malvad, Gradea, and Mr. Insanity all wish the best for TNP and TNPers, and are willing to help the region to the best of their capabilities, but it also takes significant experience to be able to run a region. I'd be more than happy to work with my fellow candidates if reelected, because I'm sure that we their hard work and cooperation, we can improve this region and keep it running smoothly together.

~ Tomb

Thank you for your response, Tomb. I have a few more questions to ask you; I asked them of Malvad, so I thought it only fair if I did the same here.

What's the first thing you'd do if elected?
Name the one project or initiative that you would keep most similar to what it is currently, if any, and why.
Name one project of initiative that you would introduce, reintroduce, dramatically change, or discontinue, if any, and why.

What's the first thing you'd do if elected? Well, aside from taking my oath of office, the first thing I want to do is get a new issue of The Northern Lights published.

Name the one project or initiative that you would keep most similar to what it is currently, if any, and why.
I plan to keep the current projects and policies in the Ministry of Home Affairs. I'm really content with how the Ministry of Home Affairs is shaping up, and overall, I think that the Ministry is heading off in a good direction with its current projects.

Name one project of initiative that you would introduce, reintroduce, dramatically change, or discontinue, if any, and why.
I would really like to reintroduce our University program, standardize it, and start efforts to get people to sign up to be students and teachers to to get it up and rolling.

~ Tomb

A few questions, though I continue to support you as my preferred candidate at present:

What will be the position of The North Pacific toward the New Pacific Order (The Pacific) if you're re-elected?

What are your thoughts on the current situation in Balder, with democratic government being unilaterally dissolved by the Delegate, at least temporarily?

What is your position on the World Assembly Legislative League (WALL)? Is it working? How could it be improved? Should it be entirely scrapped?

Thanks, and best of luck!

Great Brigantia:
A few questions, though I continue to support you as my preferred candidate at present:

What will be the position of The North Pacific toward the New Pacific Order (The Pacific) if you're re-elected?

What are your thoughts on the current situation in Balder, with democratic government being unilaterally dissolved by the Delegate, at least temporarily?

What is your position on the World Assembly Legislative League (WALL)? Is it working? How could it be improved? Should it be entirely scrapped?

Thanks, and best of luck!
Hi Cormac, I'm glad to be your preferred candidate! :)

The North Pacific policy towards the New Pacific Order will continue as it is now if I am reelected. Their actions towards Lazarus and its community cannot be easily forgotten, and the lame excuses they have give thus far are not helping either. So therefore, I plan to keep the current stance of no association between TNP and NPO.

In regards to Balder, my cabinet is currently discussing the situation significantly. We have reached out to Rach multiple times, and she has been very cooperative with us for the most part, which is greatly appreciated. I do want to point out something really quick. Rach has not dissolved the whole democratic government, she has only dissolved the legislature branch. I really cannot make a decision towards Balder without knowing more, though. The laws of Balder have been taken down from their forum, and so without those, there is no way of exactly determining whether Rach is acting within her legal limit or not. If she is indeed acting within the legal limit, then there's no ground for us to do anything other keep close watch on the situation. If she is not, then I believe that the Balder-TNP treaty could be repealed through our Regional Assembly. So while I am really concerned about the situation in Balder, I really cannot formulate a decision about it without further investigating and discussion, which my cabinet is doing.

I see many benefits to the WALL if it is indeed up and functioning. All four of the signatory regions have prominent WA authors, and having their cooperation and feedback in the WA is important in how TNP stands in terms of WA resolutions, votes, etc, of course. I personally think that the WALL has the ability of working if each signatory region decides to participate of course. I've been talking to Mouse of Europeia and both of our regions seem to be willing to cooperate and bring up activity. We've reached out to Balder, but we didn't get much feedback at the time. I'll definitely reach out to them again. With Sciongrad as delegate of IDU now, I also look forward to the IDU participating now hopefully.

I hope this answers your questions, do let me know. And thank you for your support.

~ Tomb

I'm sorry, I used the wrong word. TNP has already reestablished its embassy and sent ambassadors to Lazarus. We've also aided significantly in the liberation. I was typing most of this right when I woke up, so... What I meant to say is simply that under my term, there will be no relations between TNP and the NPO whatsoever due to the actions that the NPO has taken in degrading democracy not only in The Pacific, but as seen recently in other regions as well.

Thank you and sorry for the confusion.

~ Tomb

I'm sorry, I used the wrong word. TNP has already reestablished its embassy and sent ambassadors to Lazarus. We've also aided significantly in the liberation. I was typing most of this right when I woke up, so... What I meant to say is simply that under my term, there will be no relations between TNP and the NPO whatsoever due to the actions that the NPO has taken in degrading democracy not only in The Pacific, but as seen recently in other regions as well.

~ Tomb
Whew. No prob. Tis easily done. Hitler once ordered the eastern army to attack Scunthorpe, not Stalingrad.

Do you believe the NPAF should be required to disclose operations to the Regional Assembly while they are ongoing, provided reasonable exceptions are made for classification of sensitive operations, or do you believe disclosure after an operation is sufficient?

flemingovia:

~ Tomb
Whew. No prob. Tis easily done. Hitler once ordered the eastern army to attack Scunthorpe, not Stalingrad.
Did you just Godwin the Delegate?

In light of this, you no longer deserve my support for Delegate, nor do you have it, and I have cast my vote for Malvad. I only wish there were enough time for your reprehensible behavior to matter.

Additionally, I will no longer serve as your Minister of Communications, and as I have no intention of serving in your executive administration at all, I resign as Deputy Minister of WA Affairs and from the Executive Staff.

You should be ashamed of the way you have treated a veteran citizen of The North Pacific for the exercise of his free speech and his legitimate criticism of the NPAF. I will never again support you for another office in this region and I sincerely hope that drastic reform of the NPAF and repudiation of the divisive "us vs. them" mentality that you've not only tolerated, but promoted, will be the silver lining to come from your disgraceful legacy.

Back