Tomb For You!

Tomb

TNPer
Tomb For Delegate (Again)

Preamble

The past half term has been a grand one for me. I was elected to office on the day that marked one year of participation in The North Pacific for me, and to learn so much in such an amount of time has truly been a thrilling adventure for me. We’ve got a lot accomplished last term, but it was certainly not everything that I planned to get done. I don’t like leaving anything unfinished behind, and I believe that I still have more to offer to the region. Therefore, I am running again for Delegate and ask for your support and vote once again.

So to keep this short and simple, on to the campaign!

Ministry of Home Affairs

The Ministry of Home Affairs has seen great activity and reforms this term. We’ve actually had two reforms that took place, which is one more than we had planned. These reforms further standardized and organized many of the Ministry’s activities, especially our mentoring program. The Ministry of Home Affairs also established various directorates to oversee and direct specific areas of function of the Ministry. Those include areas such as recruitment, mentoring, and press releases. For next term, I don’t really have much planned for Home Affairs other than continue its operations as it is. If the Executive Staff sees a need for a third reform to it, then the Minister and I will gladly implement a third one.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs

This Ministry has also seen a good amount of success this term. A huge round of applause goes to Minister Egalotir for his work and efforts, especially in dealing with the Lazarus situation. We have successfully expanded our Diplomatic Corps to include at least ten new regions this term. This expansion was due to several factors, number one being, the increased number of applicant diplomats, and number two being, the general fact that it is good for TNP as a large, influential region to maintain ties with regions across NS. The Ministry has also introduced a mentoring system to mentor new diplomats by pairing them with a more experienced diplomat. Lastly, I think that the government took a good stand in terms of foreign policy when the Lazarus situation occurred. TNP was one of the first regions to denounce the coup in Lazarus, and we were one of the first ones as well to withdraw relations with The Pacific. These actions contributed to the eventual liberation of Lazarus, and I’m really proud of the position we took at that time and place. My goals for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs next term is to mainly accommodate the increasing number of applicant diplomats to ensure that everyone has an assignment to do at all times and that everyone is qualified enough to handle their assignments at all times in addition to continue to develop our foreign policy and handle situations to the best of our ability as they come in.

Ministry of World Assembly Affairs

At first this Ministry started out slow, but obviously it is now a fully active ministry. Votes are started on our forum regularly, and voting recommendations are supplied as well. There is lively discussion whenever a controversial proposal comes around, and this is really what I had in mind for this Ministry. A round of applause to Minister Sep. Our Ministry of WA Affairs has reached to all signatories of the WALL organization. Europeia was very willing to get things up and rolling again; however, I have not received any word from the IDU or Balder as of yet. Next term, we will basically work with what we have in cooperation with Europeia to try and increase activity in WALL. Also, WA Classes are being offered again, with most recent lesson coming out being Lesson 4. Thanks Mouse!

Ministry of Culture

The Ministry of Culture has had its ups and downs this term. But let’s start with the good news. On the good news, our Map is actively up and running again. There’s also been a greater focus on Role-play this term. Former Delegate McM started the role-play convention, which the Ministry greatly benefitted from the feedback that we got from it. We benefitted in many levels from reorganizing the role-play sub-form to the creation of role-play moderators, which helped moderate RPs. So there was a lot of improvement in terms of role-play. What I would like for the Ministry to work harder on is promoting the Democratic Union and North Pacific Treaty Organization. I think with a little more time and effort, we can get these two organizations up and running again, so that’s something to expect. The Ministry also undertook an Executive Staff change of policy, which was not very popular with most of its members due to the fact that it exclusively allowed membership to the leadership of the Ministry. Most of this policy has been reversed, and I’ll finish it off if elected next term. My goal for Culture for next term is to introduce new cultural events, because the Lennarts and TNP Stories are getting outdated. They were a good success this term, but it’s time to move on. In addition to that, I am also keen on starting a TNP Summer Festival sometime this summer, so that should be something to expect also. And lastly, I look forward to continuing to promote Role Play in the region.

Ministry of Communications

The Ministry of Communications has seen some stagnation as of late due to the decrease of number of applicants to its respective Executive Staff. This is one of those Ministries though where you need people for it to operate, since you can’t have a newspaper without articles, and there are no articles without writers. For next term, I plan to employ the Ministry of Home Affairs to do a round of Executive Staff recruitment for the region, which should help pump up activity and membership in Ministries lacking it. My vision for TNL next term is a newspaper that’s active full tilt, has the capability of doing interviews, and publishing regularly with a due date. But like I said, we will need cooperation to get this done, and we can never have too many writers.

Ministry of Education
The Ministry of Education has not worked out as planned unfortunately. Minister Sauceistan, Former Minister Malvad, and I have all put effort into the Ministry and especially TNP’s University, but I think the timing especially in regards to the Lazarus issue and then TBR incident along with exams for many students and teachers in RL has caused this stagnation. As summer approaches, I do expect to see increased activity, and so starting next term, I do plan renovate the whole TNP Ministry by standardizing student and teacher sign-ups, setting up class dates, and reaching out in a greater capacity (to individuals outside of TNP) if needed.

Ministry of Defense

The Ministry of Defense has performed very well this term. The majority of our armies’ time was spent in Lazarus for TNP was helping in the liberation all along. We’ve sent out a contributing force of about 21 troops to the liberation, one of the largest numbers for a GCR military. That’s something to be proud of. The Army has also done an operation with fellow GCR Osiris, and a couple of raids on Warzones.
My goals for the Ministry next term is to just continue to grow, train current soldiers, and take on operations that include both defending and raiding.

Cabinet (Old and New)

I would like to give a huge hug and thanks to my cabinet this term. They have been a very caring, patient, and supportive bunch, and I truly appreciate it. And a special thanks to Vice-Delegate Asta for holding the Delegacy and its responsibilities until I was to ascend to it. Thank you to all of the former cabinet members who left us this term for their work and effort. Their ministries would not be the same without their contributions this term. Thank you for being an awesome cabinet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So it is a lot of work to get accomplished, but we do have four months to get it done. I am confident that with your support and cooperation in the various Ministries, this term will be a great and exciting one. I hand it over to you now, my fellow citizens, and I look forward to answering any questions you may have.

God bless TNP and everyplace else!

Hi, Tomb!

I'm glad to hear you are running again for Delegate. It's been a bit chaotic during your half term, so maybe things will smooth over this time through.

I am glad you want to work on reviving the Democratic Union and North Pacific Treaty Organization. I have been frustrated lately with how slow progress has been in NPTO since I would like to join as soon as they get things going again.

It is unfortunate that the Ministery of Education did not work out as planned. I'm glad to hear you will be renovating it next term if you are elected. Hopefully, the new standardization will help increase activity in the Ministery.

All in all, you have a very sound plan for next term. I look forward to working with you, and you will definitely get my vote.

Kind regards,

[me]

Gladio and Syrixia --- thank you both, I appreciate your support. :)

Cascadia, I definitely agree with you. It's been hectic, indeed. And yes, promoting the DU and NPTO is a must for next term, and I'm glad that you're interested in the organizations. They definitely present many role-play opportunities. Thanks for your support as well. :)

~ Tomb

I don't want to give you my support yet, as there might be others who run for Delegate with solid platforms, and you also used a font I didn't like. However, I think you've done good for the region so far, and I think you will continue to do so given the chance to serve a full term.

Alta Italia:
I don't want to give you my support yet, as there might be others who run for Delegate with solid platforms, and you also used a font I didn't like. However, I think you've done good for the region so far, and I think you will continue to do so given the chance to serve a full term.
I will take the second part of your response as a compliment and thank you for it, Alta.

As for the font, I do apologize, but I always use Times New Roman in anything formal. I'll change it to something else next time, though. New fonts are fun! :)

~ Tomb

Yeah, serif fonts tend to be worse for viewing on computer screens. Sans-serif tends to be more readable on computer screens. Vice versa for print.

And that is all I will say on that topic, because serif v. sans-serif tends to be a flame war.

You have my vote and full support, Tomb!

Anyone who can hit the ground running in so short of a period of time deserves to serve again as Delegate. :clap:

Romanoffia:
You have my vote and full support, Tomb!

Anyone who can hit the ground running in so short of a period of time deserves to serve again as Delegate. :clap:
Thank you, Roman. I appreciate it.

Also guys, I've changed the font following your comments. I hope it is more pleasing to your eyes.

~ Tomb

I find it very distastful you run partially on the fact that my push to make Culture open to the public and transparent without the need of an executive staff so that anyone can contribute freely was a terrible idea and something that needs to be destroyed and reversed. My entire reason for that push was to bring Culture and RP into the light instead of hiding it behind closed doors and adding layers of red tape to contribute.

Also from the time I took Minister of Culture the Lennarts were not a product of Culture. They were transfered to Education.

You definitely have my vote. You've far exceeded expectations for your first term, given the circumstances of your election and the abbreviated term. I'm sure you'll do an even more amazing job with a full term!

Lord Lore:
the Lennarts were not a product of Culture. They were transfered to Education.
Which makes zero sense.

Lennart was not a Minister of Education, he was the Minister of Culture and my predecessor under McMasterdonia.

Lord Lore:
I find it very distastful you run partially on the fact that my push to make Culture open to the public and transparent without the need of an executive staff so that anyone can contribute freely was a terrible idea and something that needs to be destroyed and reversed. My entire reason for that push was to bring Culture and RP into the light instead of hiding it behind closed doors and adding layers of red tape to contribute.

Also from the time I took Minister of Culture the Lennarts were not a product of Culture. They were transfered to Education.
Hello Lord Lore. I thank you for your comment. First of all, I want you to know that I hold nothing but utmost respect for you.

Now to respond to your post, I want you to first of all understand that I am simply stating what needs to be improved in each ministry. I've even went as far as stating the education ministry basically failed at reaching its goals in the big picture.
I am a person who likes to look at the facts and not sugar coat them. I have no doubt that the policy you've put in was aimed at increasing transparency in the Executive Staff for Culture, but you fail to understand that anyone could apply to join the Executive Staff. I'm sure that one application post will not decrease the transparency. In addition to that, with the current state of the Executive Staff, we can see that this policy didn't work. Thirdly, I didn't even mention your name in that section my friend, and I've basically taken responsibility for the situation as Delegate and have promised to improve it, so I don't see what's so "distasteful."

As for the Lennart, please do excuse me, I was indeed supposed to put that under Education since it was indeed move to Education. Thanks for clarifying that.

I hope that I have answered your concerns.

~ Tomb

Great Brigantia:
You definitely have my vote. You've far exceeded expectations for your first term, given the circumstances of your election and the abbreviated term. I'm sure you'll do an even more amazing job with a full term!

Ivo:
Solid first term and platform.

Best of luck, Tomb!

Thank you both for the kind words and support. I do appreciate it.

~ Tomb

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
Lord Lore:

Hello Lord Lore. I thank you for your comment. First of all, I want you to know that I hold nothing but utmost respect for you.

Now to respond to your post, I want you to first of all understand that I am simply stating what needs to be improved in each ministry. I've even went as far as stating the education ministry basically failed at reaching its goals in the big picture.
I am a person who likes to look at the facts and not sugar coat them. I have no doubt that the policy you've put in was aimed at increasing transparency in the Executive Staff for Culture, but you fail to understand that anyone could apply to join the Executive Staff. I'm sure that one application post will not decrease the transparency. In addition to that, with the current state of the Executive Staff, we can see that this policy didn't work. Thirdly, I didn't even mention your name in that section my friend, and I've basically taken responsibility for the situation as Delegate and have promised to improve it, so I don't see what's so "distasteful."

As for the Lennart, please do excuse me, I was indeed supposed to put that under Education since it was indeed move to Education. Thanks for clarifying that.

I hope that I have answered your concerns.

~ Tomb
Yes anyone could apply to join an executive staff. But that does not mean that anyone can actually join an executive staff. By leaving contribution in RP upto being a member of an executive staff then the Minister can purposely refuse select people and bar people they personally don't like for instance from being able to contribe to the whole. Completely destroying the sense of community needed for RP to flourish.

Culture and RP does not function like Communication, Defense or etc. RP is a community effort. Every chance should be taken to make it public not to create layers of red tape and creating hoops for people to jump through.

Lord Lore:
I find it very distastful you run partially on the fact that my push to make Culture open to the public and transparent without the need of an executive staff so that anyone can contribute freely was a terrible idea and something that needs to be destroyed and reversed. My entire reason for that push was to bring Culture and RP into the light instead of hiding it behind closed doors and adding layers of red tape to contribute. Also from the time I took Minister of Culture the Lennarts were not a product of Culture. They were transfered to Education.
I disagree. While some projects such as the increasing of map rules and mapmaking have been very good, overall the Ministry just feels more...restrictive for me than it was under Malvad. No offense.

Also, Tomb, for the love of God, please make sure in your next term the new maskings are applied...they look flawless and they're being delayed by simply being forgotten! :0

*Flame shield up, since I know someone's gonna argue...*

You were unnecessarily rough on the Cultural Ministry. While I haven't really had the time to RP due to school, I think LL is doing a wonderful job at managing the RPs on the forum. Perhaps cultural events could be expanded on, but isn't that a cooperation on the part of both the Delegate and the Cultural Minister? In this OP you seem to be attacking the ministry itself for not having these events, where I imagine there should be an element of self criticism as well.

Further, the NPTO and the DU are not managed by the Cultural Minister, they are managed by the RPers. Working on "promoting" those organizations does not make sense. If people are interested in those organizations, people will join them. Personally I, as well as others I have spoken to, are avoiding the NPTO, not because it's not "promoted" but because they're poorly organized and are not very conducive to RP (how can an entire nation be "chairman" or "vice chairman"?). I am a bit concerned by the way LL is being so subtly tossed under the bus in this thread.

Even though I disagree with some of your policies, I can accept that you have done an excellent job and are very active here and abroad, so I will be voting for you.

Although, your acquiescence over the font issue has caused me some level of concern. :P

Yes anyone could apply to join an executive staff. But that does not mean that anyone can actually join an executive staff. By leaving contribution in RP upto being a member of an executive staff then the Minister can purposely refuse select people and bar people they personally don't like for instance from being able to contribe to the whole. Completely destroying the sense of community needed for RP to flourish.

Culture and RP does not function like Communication, Defense or etc. RP is a community effort. Every chance should be taken to make it public not to create layers of red tape and creating hoops for people to jump through.

Yes, we obviously have different visions for the Ministry of Culture. Lord Lore, you need to understand that we've tried implementing your vision, and it has not worked out as planned. It's time to move on. Sticking to something that has not worked out will not get us anywhere, my friend. I do thank you for your feedback nevertheless.

Funkadelia:
You were unnecessarily rough on the Cultural Ministry. While I haven't really had the time to RP due to school, I think LL is doing a wonderful job at managing the RPs on the forum. Perhaps cultural events could be expanded on, but isn't that a cooperation on the part of both the Delegate and the Cultural Minister? In this OP you seem to be attacking the ministry itself for not having these events, where I imagine there should be an element of self criticism as well.

Further, the NPTO and the DU are not managed by the Cultural Minister, they are managed by the RPers. Working on "promoting" those organizations does not make sense. If people are interested in those organizations, people will join them. Personally I, as well as others I have spoken to, are avoiding the NPTO, not because it's not "promoted" but because they're poorly organized and are not very conducive to RP (how can an entire nation be "chairman" or "vice chairman"?). I am a bit concerned by the way LL is being so subtly tossed under the bus in this thread.

Umm... Funk, no where did I state that I wasn't pleased with how Lord Lore dealt with Role play. No where did I state that I am not going to help the Ministry plan events. In fact, I've taken part in almost all Cultural discussion threads. So please reread that section again so that you can have a better understanding of it. On to another part of your comments. In TNP, the DU and NPTO have always been promoted by the Cultural Ministry and Delegate, if you want to take a stance and personally promote them, then I really urge to do so, my friend. If you're not content with the way one of them is structured, then I urge you to put forth constructive feedback to the respective organization or personally join it to improve it. But I do plan to continue promoting them. Thirdly and lastly, I do respectfully ask you to please stop spreading the notion that I am attacking Lord Lore. Because I am not. He wasn't mentioned once in the Cultural Section nor was he blamed for anything. I appreciate all the work he has put and all the policies that he has implemented. Thank you for your comments.

Gracius Maximus:
Even though I disagree with some of your policies, I can accept that you have done an excellent job and are very active here and abroad, so I will be voting for you.

Although, your acquiescence over the font issue has caused me some level of concern. :P

Thanks for your support, GM! :)

~ Tomb

Yes, we obviously have different visions for the Ministry of Culture. While I hate to say this, we've tried implementing your vision, and it has not worked out as planned. It's time to move on. Sticking to something that has not worked out will not get us anywhere. But I do thank you for your feedback nevertheless.
Of course it didn't it was only active for about a month and the entire time I was being fought at every turn by the administration. It was starting to pick up pace at the end, but if something is never going to be given a damn chance to succeed it obviously won't. I was never able to properly promote it like I wanted which would have turned it around quicker because from the moment I started my reform I was being ordered to scrap it or to make it even more convoluted than it started out being.

Lord Lore:
Of course it didn't it was only active for about a month and the entire time I was being fought at every turn by the administration. It was starting to pick up pace at the end, but if something is never going to be given a damn chance to succeed it obviously won't. I was never able to properly promote it like I wanted which would have turned it around quicker because from the moment I started my reform I was being ordered to scrap it or to make it even more convoluted than it started out being.

Lord Lore, I am sorry that you feel this way, but you seem to have no logic in your response. Discussing with you and debating with you a policy is not “fought at every turn by the administration.” It’s my job as Delegate to make sure that the policies I take are successful. There’s concept called public opinion. When most people disagree with your policy, and it wasn’t only administration (in case you haven’t noticed), then maybe there’s a reason for that. If you take a second, and just look at what they’re trying to say, I’m sure you’ll understand better. A leader or minister needs to look at all angles and realize that when a policy is not going to work, there’s no reason to wait four months for it to do so.

I probably would not have made the insinuation that you were attacking Lord Lore if Cascadia had not announced that he was taking over as Minister of Culture in IRC. If you really had trust in Lord Lore you would not be replacing him.

Funkadelia:
I probably would not have made the insinuation that you were attacking Lord Lore if Cascadia had not announced that he was taking over as Minister of Culture in IRC. If you really had trust in Lord Lore you would not be replacing him.
Unfortunately, that did happen, and there’s not much I can do about it. Cascadia got carried away with my offer, and he went out to the public and made it known, but he was briefed about the situation afterwards, and has ceased from bringing up the topic ever since then. For the record, I’m not only replacing Lore. There are others in my cabinet that have a chance of being replaced, but their possible replacements have not gone public announcing themselves, because they’ve followed my directions and kept our conversation confidential. What I’m trying to say is that as Delegate, I have the right to alter my cabinet as I see fit, and that while I understand and apologize for the frustration, it is not my fault if a person decides not to keep an offer I made confidential. I’ve tried to remedy the situation, and have gotten in touch with Cascadia about it.

Funkadelia:
Please forgive me, and understand I was not thinking of the possible outcomes of what I posted. As Tomb said, I was briefed about it and I now realize I should not have announced it like that, but it is too late. I will not participate in any discussion on this topic, and this is the last time I am bringing it up.

[me]

I don't really care if anything should have been said or not, the fact is you offered Cascadia the position without Lord Lore knowing he would be sacked, because you disagreed with Lord Lore's policies (as evidenced by your Opinion) and are now trying to save face for it. While it is certainly the delegate's prerogative to shape their cabinet, LL is a great Cultural Minister, one of the best I have seen in the 3 years I've been around TNP and it is juvenile to sack them for a few rather minor policies. LL works incredibly hard to manage and improve RP in the region, and getting rid of him would be foolish. I don't even see the point of executive staff for Culture. Again, culture is a community effort for community building. Having executive staff doesn't make much sense because most of the content is made by the community at large, with bigger initiatives set by the minister.

Tomb, what do you consider your single greatest success of in the partial term you served? What about your single greatest failure?

If current-you could tell new-to-TNP-you one thing that you've learned during your time in TNP, what would it be?

What are your favorite and least favorite things about being delegate? About TNP in general?

Under what circumstances would you ever take the delegacy of TNP when it was not legally yours to take? Under what circumstances as delegate would you eject and/or ban someone from the region when you knew doing so was against TNP law? "Never" is not an option to either of these; feel free to be creative with your answers. :P

Funkadelia:
I don't really care if anything should have been said or not, the fact is you offered Cascadia the position without Lord Lore knowing he would be sacked, because you disagreed with Lord Lore's policies (as evidenced by your Opinion) and are now trying to save face for it. While it is certainly the delegate's prerogative to shape their cabinet, LL is a great Cultural Minister, one of the best I have seen in the 3 years I've been around TNP and it is juvenile to sack them for a few rather minor policies. LL works incredibly hard to manage and improve RP in the region, and getting rid of him would be foolish. I don't even see the point of executive staff for Culture. Again, culture is a community effort for community building. Having executive staff doesn't make much sense because most of the content is made by the community at large, with bigger initiatives set by the minister.
Thank you for your feedback, Funkadelia.
TNP's cultural aspects were much more vibrant under an Executive Staff. The Executive Staff is the community effort that does cultural building in case you didn't know that. So I really can't agree with you. I respect your opinion about Lord Lore, and agree with them on many levels. But it is my cabinet, and again, I do have the right to appoint any person as a Minister of Culture.

Whether you think my choices are foolish or not, that is your opinion. I will respect it, but it is an opinion.

~ Tomb

Funkadelia:
Thank you for your feedback, Funkadelia.
TNP's cultural aspects were much more vibrant under an Executive Staff. The Executive Staff is the community effort that does cultural building in case you didn't know that. So I really can't agree with you. I respect your opinion about Lord Lore, and agree with them on many levels. But it is my cabinet, and again, I do have the right to appoint any person as a Minister of Culture.

Whether you think my choices are foolish or not, that is your opinion. I will respect it, but it is an opinion.

~ Tomb
Tomb you can't compare the activity of more then 6+ months to the activity of ~40 days. Of course its going to be more active under a system that has existed for over half a year, then in the first few weeks of an entirely new system that no one has had time to adjust too. It's just ridiculous to expect immediate change because you never can. But that does not mean that the change is bad and that in the long term it will not provide more fruitful. Building a new community around a new system withing the rules of an existing system is a long term heavy weight project not an in the moment finger snap and done.

A delegate leads the cabinet, and sets the agenda for each ministry. If a minister and a delegate have a fundamental disagreement about how a ministry should be run, then that minister doesn't belong in that delegate's cabinet. If their idea is a good one, perhaps a future delegate who shares their perspective will appoint them minister, or they will run for delegate themselves and appoint a minister for that ministry that shares their vision.

Perhaps Tomb should have been more clear about his vision for the culture ministry, but I certainly don't blame him for finding a new minister for next term, considering that Lore is obviously unwilling to work within his plan.

Crushing Our Enemies:
A delegate leads the cabinet, and sets the agenda for each ministry. If a minister and a delegate have a fundamental disagreement about how a ministry should be run, then that minister doesn't belong in that delegate's cabinet. If their idea is a good one, perhaps a future delegate who shares their perspective will appoint them minister, or they will run for delegate themselves and appoint a minister for that ministry that shares their vision.

Perhaps Tomb should have been more clear about his vision for the culture ministry, but I certainly don't blame him for finding a new minister for next term, considering that Lore is obviously unwilling to work within his plan.
^ This.

Lord Lore, I would've loved to continue this debate with you, but really the post above does a great job of outlining what I was going to post. And it's a lot shorter, too.

Crushing Our Enemies:

I was never given any plans but to go back to the status quo. The exact same thing that was killing off culture causing stagnation and causing TNP RP to degrade. You can't just sit still when RP stagnates, Culture is something I have worked with in over a half a dozen regions in the last year alone.

My problem isn't necessarily with the fact that I am being replaced. Its the fact that all my ideas were stunted and paralyzed which caused them to fail without a chance. And then are being demonized as if I was sitting here twirling my mustache hoping things would fail. All the while being thrown under the bus for the problems in culture when I was bared from attempting to fix those problems in my 1.5 months.

SillyString:
Tomb, what do you consider your single greatest success of in the partial term you served? What about your single greatest failure?

If current-you could tell new-to-TNP-you one thing that you've learned during your time in TNP, what would it be?

What are your favorite and least favorite things about being delegate? About TNP in general?

Under what circumstances would you ever take the delegacy of TNP when it was not legally yours to take? Under what circumstances as delegate would you eject and/or ban someone from the region when you knew doing so was against TNP law? "Never" is not an option to either of these; feel free to be creative with your answers. :P
I hope you don't mind me dissecting your questions, Asta.

If I had to choose my greatest success of this term, then I'd say its the way my cabinet and I have dealt with the Lazarus situation. I've never been a Delegate before, and so this was the first time that I faced a foreign affairs crisis. I think I did a good job dealing with it militarily by authorizing the NPA to be part of the liberation, supporting the government in exile, and condemning the Stu regime and the NPO, orchestrators and supporters of the coup. A huge thanks goes to your advice as well as the rest of the cabinet. My greatest failure would be TNP University. I really had high hopes for it, and the Ministers and I did put in effort, but it just didn't come together at the time. Hopefully, next term, we'll work harder on it, and see what we can do in terms of standardization and activity.

I would say remember this a game. I've dealt with so many people in my time here as Delegate. Dealing with some of them absolutely makes my day, while dealing with others is the exact opposite. It's important to understand this is a game and that no matter how frustrating and hard it gets, it remains a game. The people behind these screens are humans, and they have lives as well.

Being the boss of course :P
In all honesty, my favorite thing about being the Delegate so far is being able to directly contribute to the policies of this region, and being able to take direct part in leading the region I like. First of all, let me point out that anyone could really contribute from plain citizens to Ministers, but being the Delegate allows to do it to a greater degree.
What is my least favorite thing? It would probably be RMB spam, especially spam that urges nations to overthrow me. :P

Don't worry, I don't think never would be a good answer in either of those circumstances.

The only circumstance under which I would take up the Delegacy when it is not legally mine is if the Security Council gave me that task to fulfill in special situations such as removing a rogue delegate, etc. Even then, I'd completely follow the directions that are given to me by the Legal Acting Delegate in all matters as long as I hold the position.

As Delegate, legally speaking, I can only ban and eject nations for crashing, phishing, or spamming, and so these are the only circumstances in which I would ban and eject nations on my own will. For crimes other than that, the court would be required. If the court finds someone guilty of crimes such as proxying or treason, and the verdict comes out to be a banjection, then I'd be happy to carry that out as well.

I hope that I've answered your questions, Asta.

~ Tomb

as Delegate, I have the right to alter my cabinet as I see fit

it not my fault if a person decides not to keep an offer I made confidential
Two points. I don't think it's very decent to not tell your Minister s/he will be replaced. Also, if it is your right to appoint whoever you see fit, you are also responsible for their actions (and their faults).

karrak:
as Delegate, I have the right to alter my cabinet as I see fit

it not my fault if a person decides not to keep an offer I made confidential
Two points. I don't think it's very decent to not tell your Minister s/he will be replaced. Also, if it is your right to appoint whoever you see fit, you are also responsible for their actions (and their faults).
Hello Karrak,

Unfortunately, I do not agree with that. I'm not responsible for their actions and faults at all for that's something they're responsible for. There's no way that I can predict that so and so is going to do something. I am responsible for dealing with the actions they commit when they commit them. There is a difference there. I've dealt with Cascadia's behavior, and they've apologized for it.

~ Tomb

Hello Tomb,

I should have made myself clearer. I don't think this particular incident (with Cascadia) should be held against you. I just wanted to point out that as Delegate, you are accountable for the decisions (good and bad) of your Cabinet, more so if you keep them on a tight leash. Poor choice of prospective Cabinet Ministers can be an indication that you are not fit for the Delegacy (which I'm not suggesting is the case!)

It kind of is when you approve of their policies, and then pull a 180 and demand a reversal of those same policies. So you *did* know what they were going to do.

I don't understand your response to the previous question. You apologized for Cascadia's conduct, but you did not deny that you did not approach LL about his ministry. You weren't intending on letting him know?

Hey Tomb.

Might I ask you to elaborate on your last sentence in the Foreign Affairs section of the OP. It states, "My goals for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs next term is to mainly accommodate the increasing number of applicant diplomats to ensure that everyone has an assignment to do at all times and that everyone is qualified enough to handle their assignments at all times in addition to continue to develop our foreign policy and handle situations to the best of our ability as they come in."

Specifically, how will you "accommodate the increasing number of applicant diplomats" other than increasing the number of embassies? Do you plan on introducing anything new to the Ministery?

Thanks in advance,

[me]

Funkadelia:
It kind of is when you approve of their policies, and then pull a 180 and demand a reversal of those same policies. So you *did* know what they were going to do.

I don't understand your response to the previous question. You apologized for Cascadia's conduct, but you did not deny that you did not approach LL about his ministry. You weren't intending on letting him know?
Is there a reason he should have let him know before re-election? He evidently isn't planning to replace Lord Lore until his next term, should he be re-elected, which he has not yet been. It's normal to begin organizing your cabinet during an election, but it isn't normal to start implementing it before the election concludes.

I think too big a deal is being made of this. Cabinets usually change over the course of multiple terms and that's a good thing, it allows more people to participate, more people to advance, and more ideas to come forward. I really hope this circus over a cabinet replacement because one minister is salty he's being replaced isn't going to lead future Delegates to keep the same cabinets for multiple terms and lead to cabinet stagnation. I've seen regions in which cabinets stay the same for eight months to a year, and it isn't pretty.

Back