New Application: The United States of New Sekai's Application

Egalotir invite our nation to re-apply to the Democratic Union due to our nation changes: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7351942/1/?x=90#new .

The changes are:
We are now changing our constitution to Constitutional Monarchy from Dictatorship. Also, we will establish elections from now on and the first elections will be open soon. However, meanwhile we don't have any political parties or politicians in charge of our nation right now, its under martial law except the Monarchy still control bit of the nation.

From now on we will downsize our military to 490,904 active personals from 49,090,350 active personals.

The United States of New Sekai should be on the map soon. I tried to get a claim now.

NATION NAME (LONG & SHORT): The United States of New Sekai.

GOVERNMENT STYLE: Constitutional Monarchy (Currently in Martial Law.)

King: Sens? Ky?ki.

POPULATION: 2,446,000,000.

OFFICIAL LANGUAGE: Gengo.

DEMOCRATIC UNION REPRESENTATIVE: Sens? Ky?ki.

Economy: Fragile.

Civil Rights: Few.

Political Freedoms: Good.

Capital City: Shuto.

Region of Residence: The North Pacific.

I, Sens? Ky?ki swear to promote the ideals of peace, freedom and progress among the other nations of the North Pacific and beyond. By joining the Democratic Union, I understand our role to the region, and will act in such a way that will only benefit its future. I vow to stomp out the seeds of evil that only serve to restrict the values that the North Pacific treasures, and will weed out these seed in the hope that one day our proud virtues can grow prosperously.

Sincerely,
Sens? Ky?ki The King of The United States of New Sekai.

P.S.: We applying for membership.

As you can see, the nation has made enormous leaps towards democracy. As the DU, I believe it would be very beneficial to the nation of New Sekai for us to help guide the process towards democracy, to ensure fair election, and so forth. I encourage the members of the DU to sponsor this nation.

Egalotir:
As you can see, the nation has made enormous leaps towards democracy. As the DU, I believe it would be very beneficial to the nation of New Sekai for us to help guide the process towards democracy, to ensure fair election, and so forth. I encourage the members of the DU to sponsor this nation.
Thank you, but we think other nations are either ignoring or forgetting about this application.

As Syrixia has made these same steps in the past, Parliament has (rather expectedly) voted unanimously to support New Sekai's application, and hopes that the DU can help New Sekai to find a head of government, as we are concerned that with the current state of martial law in New Sekai, King Senso could retain complete power, of which is not very democratic. Thusly, again, we support New Sekai and hope the DU can help them to find a head of government.

Syrixia:
As Syrixia has made these same steps in the past, Parliament has (rather expectedly) voted unanimously to support New Sekai's application, and hopes that the DU can help New Sekai to find a head of government, as we are concerned that with the current state of martial law in New Sekai, King Senso could retain complete power, of which is not very democratic. Thusly, again, we support New Sekai and hope the DU can help them to find a head of government.
Thank you for replying to our application. We are still understanding but we hoping to be accepted to the democratic union, because we hoping to help us to get more democratic in our nation by the democratic union helping us sort of.

After a long, tedious debate in the Dalies government, it has come to vote that Dalies will support this application. This support will however be revoked if the civil rights do not improve. Dalies is quite proud of the steps made for an increased democratic influence in the country. Hopefully the nation of New Sekai can learn from the member nations already in the DU.

dmb615:
After a long, tedious debate in the Dalies government, it has come to vote that Dalies will support this application. This support will however be revoked if the civil rights do not improve. Dalies is quite proud of the steps made for an increased democratic influence in the country. Hopefully the nation of New Sekai can learn from the member nations already in the DU.
Thank you and we promise we will promote and improve our civil rights.

The government of Dalies is glad to see the change of government, but is still wary of admission into the DU like the nation of Plembobria. Perhaps an agenda could be released to the DU on what the Constitution party wishes to complete and how that will be in the best interest of peace and democracy. After that and if the government sees that New Sekai is the right member for the DU, then we will support your admission.

dmb615:
The government of Dalies is glad to see the change of government, but is still wary of admission into the DU like the nation of Plembobria. Perhaps an agenda could be released to the DU on what the Constitution party wishes to complete and how that will be in the best interest of peace and democracy. After that and if the government sees that New Sekai is the right member for the DU, then we will support your admission.
Thank you. Here's the agenda of The United States of New Sekai's Constitution Party: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7383892/1/?x=90#new . (I think does say something about peace and democracy.)

After reading the agenda, I find that there is not much to be concerned with. The government does approve of the "non-interventionist foreign policy". I find that as long as New Sekai has ideals of a democracy at heart along with keeping peace with other nations, New Sekai will make a nice addition to the Democratic Union. The government of Dalies supports this application.

dmb615:
After reading the agenda, I find that there is not much to be concerned with. The government does approve of the "non-interventionist foreign policy". I find that as long as New Sekai has ideals of a democracy at heart along with keeping peace with other nations, New Sekai will make a nice addition to the Democratic Union. The government of Dalies supports this application.
Thank you.

The government of Syrixia finds the Party's agenda of making New Sekai atheist as well as their far-right political leanings disturbing, as well as its goal of ending social security.

Freedom of religion is one of the paramount values of a free land, alongside freedom of the press, political freedom, freedom of speech and assembly, et cetera. Far-right parties tend to have strong ideals and sometimes do not take into account the perspectives of others. Also, Wikipedia cites, along with various other databases, cites far-right people as being such things as racist or fascist, et cetera. While we can tell that the government of New Sekai is neither, we are legitimately concerned at the risk of a possible coup and subsequent dictatorship. Finally, concerning social security, social security as defined, by Google, as any government system that provides monetary assistance to people with an inadequate or no income. For people so poor and so desperate, we feel a government should be obliged to assist them. The job of a government is to organize a nation and protect its citizens. Ending social security is the exact opposite.

It is for these reasons that Syrixia is beginning to consider retracting support of New Sekai's entry into the Democratic Union, though it would like to hear the input of other nations before making a decision.

Syrixia:
The government of Syrixia finds the Party's agenda of making New Sekai atheist as well as their far-right political leanings disturbing, as well as its goal of ending social security.

Freedom of religion is one of the paramount values of a free land, alongside freedom of the press, political freedom, freedom of speech and assembly, et cetera. Far-right parties tend to have strong ideals and sometimes do not take into account the perspectives of others. Also, Wikipedia cites, along with various other databases, cites far-right people as being such things as racist or fascist, et cetera. While we can tell that the government of New Sekai is neither, we are legitimately concerned at the risk of a possible coup and subsequent dictatorship. Finally, concerning social security, social security as defined, by Google, as any government system that provides monetary assistance to people with an inadequate or no income. For people so poor and so desperate, we feel a government should be obliged to assist them. The job of a government is to organize a nation and protect its citizens. Ending social security is the exact opposite.

It is for these reasons that Syrixia is beginning to consider retracting support of New Sekai's entry into the Democratic Union, though it would like to hear the input of other nations before making a decision.
Oh ok.

In response to Syrixia, I must say that Dalies may not agree with all of New Sekai's agenda items or ideals, but that should be no reason to exclude them from the Democratic Union, which is set up to "...advance Democratic values in The North Pacific." As long as New Sekai upholds democracy in the North Pacific, I do not feel that they should be denied admission due to their beliefs and policies. If that was the case, the Democratic Union cease to exist as not everyone agrees with everything.

-Alek Silverson

dmb615:
In response to Syrixia, I must say that Dalies may not agree with all of New Sekai's agenda items or ideals, but that should be no reason to exclude them from the Democratic Union, which is set up to "...advance Democratic values in The North Pacific." As long as New Sekai upholds democracy in the North Pacific, I do not feel that they should be denied admission due to their beliefs and policies. If that was the case, the Democratic Union cease to exist as not everyone agrees with everything.

-Alek Silverson
Thank you. The United States of New Sekai agreeing with The Nation of Dalies about "If that was the case, the Democratic Union cease to exist as not everyone agrees with everything."

As of 5/3/2015, New Sekai's approval rate of being accepted into the DU is 12%, 5 short of being a full member in the DU. The votes cast before the new application have not been counted due to the new application being quite different than the original one, which may have some members that were accepting now not so approving.

dmb615:
As of 5/3/2015, New Sekai's approval rate of being accepted into the DU is 12%, 5 short of being a full member in the DU. The votes cast before the new application have not been counted due to the new application being quite different than the original one, which may have some members that were accepting now not so approving.
Oh ok but what about a observer membership?

The nation of New Sekai already has an observer membership and will continue to have an observer membership until the requirements for full membership are met for.

dmb615:
The nation of New Sekai already has an observer membership and will continue to have an observer membership until the requirements for full membership are met for.
Oh ok. We never applied for a observer membership and we ain't on the membership list status as a observer member?

Alright, I seem to have confused myself and got this whole thing off track. When reviewing this application, I was admittedly tired and that shows in my previous counting. As of writing this, there are 4 approvals, not 3 like I originally mentioned. This being said, a recount has been issued only applying to those not suspended in the recent move to suspend inactive members. This also will not count observer nations. New Sekai's approval rate is 36% on this scale, needing 1 more proposal to be accepted in the DU. It is my mistake that you were not added in the membership list and sincerely apologize for that. You have been added in an were accepted in at 5/26/2015. Thank you for your patience on this matter.

dmb615:
Alright, I seem to have confused myself and got this whole thing off track. When reviewing this application, I was admittedly tired and that shows in my previous counting. As of writing this, there are 4 approvals, not 3 like I originally mentioned. This being said, a recount has been issued only applying to those not suspended in the recent move to suspend inactive members. This also will not count observer nations. New Sekai's approval rate is 36% on this scale, needing 1 more proposal to be accepted in the DU. It is my mistake that you were not added in the membership list and sincerely apologize for that. You have been added in an were accepted in at 5/26/2015. Thank you for your patience on this matter.
It's ok and thank you. Your welcome.

I think New Sekai has put in the effort necessary to show they are worthy of being in the DU. I approve this application. You're welcome.

-Basil Anderson, DU Rep.

Sauceistan:
I think New Sekai has put in the effort necessary to show they are worthy of being in the DU. I approve this application. You're welcome.

-Basil Anderson, DU Rep.
Again thank you and NP.

(I would like to point out that this application has had sufficient support since atleast the 23rd of May. The threshold as of the 23rd has been 5 and at that time they did have 5 approvals now they have 6 from Egalotir, Syrixia, Eumenor, Dalies, Plembobria, and Sauceistan)

Back