Tomb for Delegate!

Tomb

TNPer

There is only one vote, and Tomb is its usurper.

Hello, fellow TNPers!

I am Tomb and I am running for Delegate in the Special Elections for Delegate.
I am posting this campaign with grief regarding the resignation of our dear Delegate McMasterdonia. McM was a great Delegate who had a great vision for the government in this term. I know that if elected I would have big shoes to fill in, and I am sure that this region can finish off this term strongly through cooperation.

So now, on to the campaign that I will be presenting.

Why am I running for Delegate?
I have said many times previously that I would not run for Delegate due to circumstances in Real Life. However, these circumstances have cleared up for a while now, and I have the will and opportunity to handle the post of Delegate with utmost care and dedication. With that in mind, I feel compelled to make a stand and serve my region in an emergency like this. I care for this region and want to serve it in a greater capacity. At this time, the region needs someone to oversee the policies and projects that the Outgoing Delegate started. It needs someone who has the time and effort to do so. In addition to that, this situation requires someone with extensive knowledge of the Executive Branch and its Ministries. I believe I have that to offer. I have served as Minister of Home Affairs for two and a half terms now, and I have participated in the cabinet extensively ever since then. I have also served as Deputy Minister of Home Affairs, Deputy Minister of Communications, Ambassador to 2 of our treaty regions, an active participant in our Regional Assembly and currently maintain membership in all branches of the Executive Staff.

What are our Goals for this term?
Yes, I did say "our," because I am certainly not going to accomplish any of these goals alone. I will need the help of our citizenry to ensure a productive term. My main goals for the remainder of this term is to finish off the projects that McMasterdonia started. These include but are not limited to:

1.) The Ministry of Education: this is a new Ministry and project that Delegate McMasterdonia really wanted to prosper here, and I plan to work with its respective leadership and executive staff to further its work and role in the government.

2.) TNP University: this is another project that I will look forward to finishing off and launching before the end of this term. I am hoping by the end of this term, we will have a highly functional University with classes of various topics offered by TNPers and members of abroad.

3.) FAQs: The Frequently Asked Questions located in the docks are very outdated and they need extensive editing to get them to where they should be.

4.) The North Pacific Army: this is our Army. It is the largest GCR military and one of the largest in NS. McM had a goal of expanding it and further training our soldiers to make sure that they represent the best interests of TNP whenever they deploy abroad, and I will personally see that this is done.

5.) The Diplomatic Corps: this is a body of ambassadors that represent TNP in regions that we have embassies and consulates in. Recently, Minister Egalotir proposed an idea of creating Ambassador Mentoring where a current ambassador mentors a new member in the Diplomatic Corps in a region. This is very beneficial in the sense that it will produce more experienced ambassadors and facilitates entry into the Foreign Affairs Executive Staff, and I look forward to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to implement this innovation.

6.) The Democratic Union: this a major role play organization in TNP. Unfortunately, it has been stagnate for the past couple of weeks due to the resignation of its current Chairman, but I do hope to revive it, and make sure that there is an active leadership there that way the organization can function like it once did.

7.) WALL: this an agreement between several treatied regions with TNP. It's purpose is for our region to collaborate with the other signatories about WA proposals and to form a stance on them. There hasn't been much success out of this agreement, and I look forward to promoting it from my end, and working with the Delegates of the other regions in the agreement to inquire about their participation in this agreement and what to do to raise it.

This is my "to do list" for this term. Some of the items on there are very near to being complete, while others such as the University and the WALL will require effort and collaboration to be completed.

What will my policy be for this term?
Defense: In here, I look forward to improving the training and conduct code of the North Pacific Army. It is essential for our army to be at least proficient in both raiding and defending and in acting in the best interest in The North Pacific. This training, of course, includes both defensive and offensive missions. A lot of these missions will be conducted as joint missions with allies if possible. I also look forward to working with the Defense Minister and High Command to facilitate the promotion of new recruits into officer ranks through establishing a set amount of missions required and a test to be promoted.

Foreign Affairs: I like the way our region's foreign affairs are playing out right now. We are supportive of our allies and we are opened up to new ones. I also plan to upgrade our status as consulate in any region to embassy. I look forward to our continual reaching out to every single one of our allies and just maintaining good relations with all of them. It is important to understand that we are the biggest region and most powerful in terms of nation population and the amount of WA members in a region. Therefore, we play a big role in international affairs, and we must learn to get along with all sort of regions from different political orientations and respect them. I will do my best to represent TNP in a good manner as long as I am in NS, and want you to expect the same of me if elected Delegate.

Culture, Education, and Home Affairs: I think that all three of these Ministries are very vital and very much connected to each other. I really liked how the Culture Ministry performed last term. The Ministry truly brought a sense of culture in TNP and I want to see that done again through featuring Factbooks, putting up polls for everyone's participation, and last but not least, continuing the Lennarts. In Home Affairs, things are shaping out great, and I look forward to seeing the Ministry recruiting and mentoring in here. As for Education, there is to be a lot of work here from the University to the rewriting the FAQs to just basically continuing the set up of the Ministry since it is a new one.

Communications: I plan to make sure to set up a strict date of publication in this Ministry, and to make sure that this Ministry stays on track, because in the end our publication does not only go to TNP, but it's also distributed to our allies abroad, and with delayed publications, this shows a lack of activity in the region. This is not an impression that TNPers want, and so I will try my best to work with the Ministry to make sure that we get our news published at the right time every time.

World Assembly Affairs: This is not an area where I am 100% pro at, and it is probably my only weakness in the Executive Staff. Therefore, I plan to work with the Minister and several to-be-appointed individuals to make sure this Ministry flows smoothly. As I said previously, I do plan to bump up the activity and participation in the WALL agreement.

What about the cabinet?
The current cabinet of The North Pacific has been highly functional and active, and I do plan to keep most of the Ministers and their teams for the remainder of this term. However, there are a few exceptions. Those include the Ministry of Culture and Defense. These two ministries have been stagnant, and they certainly have not been as productive as last term, and I look forward to working with their respective ministers to increase their productivity. In addition to that, if elected, I will give up my current post as Minister of Home Affairs, which means that this Ministry will be up for grabs. I plan to make all ministerial appointments necessary through an application-based form where anyone can apply for any of the positions.

And the endorsement gap?
This is a topic that I do expect to be brought up and that I wish to go ahead and address right now. I do acknowledge the endorsement gap between me and the sitting Delegate in-game, however, I think that should not pose any problems. Asta, our Vice-Delegate, is going to assume the in-game Delegacy soon, and so by cooperation between her, the Security Council, our World Assembly population, and me, we can create a consistent yet successful delegate transition. I have already endorsed most if not all WAs in The North Pacific, and in addition to that, I will start a World Assembly campaign and contests that will facilitate the transition. Right now, we need a Delegate who is ready to lead the government very well and consistently this term, not just someone close to holding the in-game delegacy. So like I said, I am sure that if elected this will not be a problem, and through cooperation, the Delegacy will remain in the safest hands until I officially obtain it in-game.

A few last words...
First of all, I would like to give special thanks to The North Pacific as a whole. I keep saying this is one of the best regions that anyone could end up in, and it is indeed. In here, everyone is given opportunity new members and senior members alike. It's really great working, spamming, role playing, and just cooperating with you guys every day in this community. I have always thanked three individuals for helping me in this region in my early career days here, and I will thank McMasterdonia, r3naissanc3r, and Gladio again and again. Special thanks to Syrixia for his contributions as my graphic designer and campaign assistant. I thank you, my fellow citizens for your trust in the roles that you have trusted me with so far in our government, and I ask you for yet another token of trust by voting for me for Delegate of The North Pacific.

With that in mind, I now conclude this post, and hand it over to you, my fellow citizens. I look forward to hopefully earning your support and vote in this election. If you have any questions or comments, please state them here, and I will be more than happy to answer them for you.

Thank you,

~ Tomb

PS: Oh, and please, have a campaign button.
Code:
[IMG]http://s8.postimg.org/ea7xlxhqp/tombbutton.png[/IMG]

tombbutton.png

I will gladly vote for you, Tomb! Thanks for letting me spice up your campaign message!

Syrixia:
I will gladly vote for you, Tomb! Thanks for letting me spice up your campaign message!
You're welcome and thank you for your help and support, Syrixia :)

Tomb, what specifically do you plan to do to promote the WALL and stimulate the activities of the Ministers of Culture & Defense? If elected, what would you do about those two Ministers: would you immediately dismiss them, give them an "ultimatum" of sorts, or leave them on? Finally, do you have anybody specifically in mind who you think would be good candidates for new Ministers of Home Affairs, Culture, and Defense (assuming, of course, that you dismiss the current Ministers)?
I can't really say at the moment that I support you for the Delegacy, as I don't know who else will run, nor their platforms, but I do wish you luck.

Alta Italia:
Tomb, what specifically do you plan to do to promote the WALL and stimulate the activities of the Ministers of Culture & Defense? If elected, what would you do about those two Ministers: would you immediately dismiss them, give them an "ultimatum" of sorts, or leave them on? Finally, do you have anybody specifically in mind who you think would be good candidates for new Ministers of Home Affairs, Culture, and Defense (assuming, of course, that you dismiss the current Ministers)?
I can't really say at the moment that I support you for the Delegacy, as I don't know who else will run, nor their platforms, but I do wish you luck.
Thank you for your question and your well wishes. I do appreciate them.

To answer your questions, to promote the WALL agreement, I would promote it by shedding some light on it and making it known to new citizens and residents of our region. In addition to that, I look forward to contacting anyone with a good knowledge in the World Assembly field (writing and evaluating proposals, etc.) and asking them to help out in the WALL. And as I said in my campaign, I will also reach out to the Delegates of the other signatory regions to see what they're doing to promote WALL since it's not only a TNP project, but a multi-regional project.

I am a very tolerant person and I understand that this is a game and that RL comes first, but it's important to have plans and people to implement them in your absence. On that note, I would certainly not remove either of the ministers. I would just talk matters over with them, discuss the situation, and reach a conclusion that suits this region and the Minister. In some cases it may be removal, in others it may not. Of course, we are all biased, and we all have certain people in mind when it comes to selections, but I promised in my campaign that I will set up an application-form system to replace any minister, and saying names might course people into thinking my mind is already made up, so I'd rather not do that.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask, Alta.

~ Tomb

You state that the culture and defense ministries are stagnant and exceptions to your plans. Are you planning a change in ministers or are you planning on working more with the current ones?

I know that my husband (dear McMasterdonia) believes that you have potential, although I don't know you as well as he does and thus feel the need to ask some questions.

Can you tell me what, if any, other regions you are part of and any roles you hold?

I would also like to know whether you have a history of participation with any military organisation outside of the NPA, as well as your personal gameplay views on the following:

Is it correct to say that Raiders have zero consideration for the feelings of the residents of regions they raid? Why?

Do Defenders have the right to use any weapon or tool in their arsenal to right raiders and their sympathisers? If so, is there a limit to what they can do? Why?

Is it the right of the Imperialist to be able to expand their influence over weaker states? How would you as Delegate approach a situation where a weakened GCR had been taken over by Imperialist forces?

Is it the right of the Defender to be able to expand their influence over weaker states? How would you as Delegate approach a situation where a weakened GCR had been taken over by Defender forces?

Through surprising elections, Liz Lemons has been elected as Pharaoh of Osiris, with a long-serving and suffering diplomat as her Vizier. Later that month news begins to reach the North Pacific's Regional Assembly that Liz Lemons was really notorious raider Jakker Isaraider in disguise and there is a great outcry from various defender led regions saying Osiris needs to be liberated and cleansed. As delegate of the North Pacific, and being aware of the past history with the North Pacific and Osiris, how would you handle this situation? Please try and explain why you have chosen what you did.

--

Instability has claimed your oldest ally as the South Pacific falls to an internal coup perpetrated by a member of their cabinet working with their Committee of State Security. The Committee Member states that the South Pacific will now adhere to a rigorous defender system where it will no longer terrorise natives and grief regions, citing the South Pacific Special Forces as being a terrorist organisation, and the Coalition defunct. As part of the efforts for a new state several notable citizens are purged, including former Minister of Foreign Affairs Eagleswing, Delegates Kringalia and Tsunamy and former Vice-Delegate PenguinPies. Numerous other high level battles continue in the region between loyalist members of the remaining CSS and those who have turned to the new Defender regime but details and numbers are unclear. The defender regime is quickly recognised by the Rejected Realms, The West Pacific and Lazarus but is decried by The East Pacific, Osiris and Balder. Europeia issues a statement condemning the coup but expresses a lack of surprise over the perpetrators. How would you act, and why?

You say that the NPA must be proficient in raiding as well as defending. Mechanics-wise, there is little difference between a raid and a liberation. Does this section of your platform mean the NPA will be raiding at times? If so, what exactly determines which communities you'll be invading? When does this enter into the North Pacific's policy initiatives, with whom, and why? Please be specific.

Raven, we all know trust is very important in a marriage, and so you need to take your husband’s words on these matters and just vote for me. :P

I am officially a citizen of TNP, Osiris, and TSP. I am also an ex-citizen of the Coalition of Democratic Nations. I left the CoDN by will because there was too much drama going on at the time I was there, and I had some RL circumstances that didn’t allow me to handle more than one region at a time, and so I chose to focus on TNP. I am Osiris’s ambassador to Balder and will soon serve as its Scribe of Culture. I am also a TNP ambassador to Taijitu, IDU, and The Commonwealth of Crowns. But other than my various positions here and the ones I listed in other regions, I don’t hold any positions anywhere else. Although, it is important to note that I have a forum account on all GCR forums, except for the TRR (I haven’t had a chance to create an account there.)

I only participate in the North Pacific Army and have not pledged allegiance to any other organization. I do have forum accounts in both the TBH and UDL, because I like seeing both sides of the story (raider/defender) first hand and learning the perspective and knowledge of both sides.

I believe it is absolutely wrong for Raiders to feel zero tolerance and respect towards natives. Not only is it morally wrong, but it also ruins game play for these natives who just wanted to start a region and play this game without harming anyone or being harmed.

I believe that Defenders should be able to use whatever method they need to fight off raiders depending on the situation. But even then, I think there should be a limit. What is this limit? I think everything in the right amount is good. When the Defenders succeed in defending, restoring, or regaining the region, then they should stop.

For the next two questions, I do not believe that it is wrong for either Imperialists or Defenders to expand their influence over weaker states as long as that influence is positive and is helping strengthen the region. I don’t know what you mean by “taken over,” but if you are referring to a democratic change in regime (through elections) that installs in a Defender or Imperialist leaning or sympathizing government, then I will support that region, because each region is entitled to its own ideology, and I think changes in ideology would not occur unless they are accepted by the majority of the population most of the time. But if by “taken over” you are referring to a coup, then I would have to assess the situation with my cabinet and High Command to see if the NPA and its close allies can assist in restoring the rightful government, and I would support the native population of the region in their struggle.

As for the Liz/Jakker scenario, I would approach the situation diplomatically, and here is why. You stated that Liz was elected. It is the responsibility of Councilors of Osiris to investigate their candidates before throwing their vote out for them. And I recognize governments and leaders elected by the majority of their region. So with that in mind, I would be willing to approach a mediating party, and would advice Osiris to recall their Pharaoh. If the Pharaoh does not abide by or suppresses efforts to recall him, then and only then, will I use military force to help the region.

In the TSP circumstance, it is also important to act diplomatically. TSP is our oldest ally and it is important to preserve that relationship while making decisions and acting. In this situation, several factors come into play. Would this this coup be supported by the native population? Since the coup received the support of the Committee of State Security, military involvement or liberation is not an option. I feel that personally, I would side with the East Pacific, Osiris, and Balder, but as Delegate, I would probably remain neutral in those circumstances and try to approach and open up dialogue with TSP’s new regime.

I think I’ve answered all of your questions, Raven, but if you need clarifications or have further ones, please feel free to ask.

Thank you,

~ Tomb

Malvad:
You state that the culture and defense ministries are stagnant and exceptions to your plans. Are you planning a change in ministers or are you planning on working more with the current ones?
Hi Malvad. Thank you so much for your question!

Alta asked me a very similar one, and I answered by saying this:
I am a very tolerant person and I understand that this is a game and that RL comes first, but it's important to have plans and people to implement them in your (Minister's) absence. On that note, I would certainly not remove either of the ministers. I would just talk matters over with them, discuss the situation, and reach a conclusion that suits this region and the Minister. In some cases it may be removal, in others it may not.

~ Tomb

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
I believe it is absolutely wrong for Raiders to feel zero tolerance and respect towards natives. Not only is it morally wrong, but it also ruins game play for these natives who just wanted to start a region and play this game without harming anyone or being harmed.
I think what Raven was asking was whether you believe it is accurate to say that raiders have "zero consideration for the feelings of the residents of regions they raid", not whether it's morally wrong.

Asta is correct. However, Tomb, myself and some of my colleagues (Xoriet, Dyr, Severisen and Bach) have discussed the questions I gave, his answers and other points around them. I'll be posting a thorough breakdown of responses and further questions soon.

Myroria:
You say that the NPA must be proficient in raiding as well as defending. Mechanics-wise, there is little difference between a raid and a liberation. Does this section of your platform mean the NPA will be raiding at times? If so, what exactly determines which communities you'll be invading? When does this enter into the North Pacific's policy initiatives, with whom, and why? Please be specific.
Thank you so much for your questions, Myroria. I will be more than happy to answer them for you. Yes, we will be conducting raids. We will be doing them when we are assisting a region, especially a region that we have treaty with, whenever the Regional Assembly mandates that we do so, or for training purposes. While on deployment, our soldiers will always be reminded of the North Pacific Army’s code of conduct that commands that we keep all damage to a minimum, respect the natives, and restore the region to what it was like before the raid occurred. So to answer your questions, yes, we will be conducting raids, but we will also follow the said guidelines and laws of the region to ensure that TNP remains a pinnacle of integration in NS.

I hope my answer was specific enough, but if you need further clarification or have other questions, please let me know.

~ Tomb

SillyString:
I think what Raven was asking was whether you believe it is accurate to say that raiders have "zero consideration for the feelings of the residents of regions they raid", not whether it's morally wrong.
Hello Asta! Thank you for catching that. To answer the question correctly, I think that impression does not represent raiders. There are many who like portraying raiders negatively, and there are an equal number of people who like to protray defenders negatively also. Many regions in NS have armies that conduct raids, but yet, they have strict codes that their armies follow to make sure that the region and natives they are raiding are not damaged or hurt by the exercise. So with that said, no, I do not believe that statement to be an accurate representation of raiders.

~ Tomb

I have a few questions.

What do you think about The North Pacific's tendency to coalesce around political candidates supported by a few key figures, indicating that they're in the in-crowd, before nominations have even closed and without paying attention to other (serious) candidates?

Why do you think this phenomenon has occurred in your case? I have my theories, but I'm interested in hearing yours.

Cormac:
I have a few questions.

What do you think about The North Pacific's tendency to coalesce around political candidates supported by a few key figures, indicating that they're in the in-crowd, before nominations have even closed and without paying attention to other (serious) candidates?

Why do you think this phenomenon has occurred in your case? I have my theories, but I'm interested in hearing yours.
Hello Cormac and thank you for your questions.

TNP is a very democratic society. Our number of voters rises with every election, and I have always seen that there is great interest in all campaigns in all elections. But there are several things to consider that may cause some campaigns to stand out from others, thus causing the owner of the campaign to stand out and receive considerable attention.
What are these factors? I think it all has to do with how much reach out a candidate does and how much work and effort has been put into their campaign. A candidate who has shown considerable dedication to a region, and promises to do even more if elected, will usually receive a lot of attention, because people will be interested in how that candidate will reach their goal and the details of the campaign.

That's my thought process on this right now, but I would really love to hear your theories if that's alright with you :)

~ Tomb

As a credible candidate, do you feel no shame in taking attention away from more deserving if less electable candidacies like Cormac and BEL/JAL?

Belschaft:
As a credible candidate, do you feel no shame in taking attention away from more deserving if less electable candidacies like Cormac and BEL/JAL?
Hi Bel :P
Considering some of the said candidates are not even eligible to run, I don't feel any shame or remorse at the moment.

But here, have a piece of chocolate fudge cake. It should make you feel better.

3BFRHcx.png

RPI:
Will you remain Minister of Home Affairs if elected?
Excellent question, RPI.

If elected, I will give up my post as Minister of Home Affairs. To select a new Minister of Home Affairs, I will make sure to put up an application where any citizen can apply for the position.

If you have anymore questions, do let me know.

~ Tomb

Tomb:

Wait... so how do I vote for you?

You told me that your intention to run in the first page of this thread.

I am confused :P

Thank you so much for your enthusiasm in wanting to vote for me! Thank you!

But to clarify, Llamanation, this is just a Campaign Thread. The actual voting will start on February 26th. I will make sure to send you a PM with the link to the voting thread by then, my friend.

Again, thank you so much for your support, and if you have anymore questions, feel free to ask me.

~ Tomb

I know you touched on this in your posts, but I would like some further discussion. You mentioned the discrepancy between how many endorsements you have and how many you would need to be an effective delegate. Do you feel, overall for a region, whether such high endorsement numbers are healthy? I've heard many reasons why they are (for example making a coup much harder to pull off). On the other hand they make running for delegate and taking over as delegate a viable option for only those who are willing to spend half their term taking over, or the entrenched political elite.

I would appreciate your views deeper into this debate.

Hello David. I hope you are doing well, today.

David, that’s an excellent point to bring up. Personally, I believe that we in TNP are in an excellent position in which we have high endorsement numbers. And yes, I believe that it is healthy for a region to have high numbers of endorsements. It not only makes the region harder to coup, but it also means that the region has a greater say and representation in World Assembly votes. It can also provide potential recruitment for a larger military without affecting or threatening the Delegate’s WA endorsements. I do see your point of view regarding the difficulties it may give a delegate, but I do not believe it to be a true challenge for a delegate. You see, the greater the number of WA nations a region has, the more endorsements can be swapped, therefore allowing you to have a large number of endorsements. In addition to that, when someone is running for Delegate they must prepare for it ahead of time if they want to be considered as serious candidates. This does not only include campaigning, but also working on raising their endorsement levels to an appropriate level ahead of time. That’s my voice on this right now. If you have anymore questions, do let me know.

~ Tomb

Back