Sweepstake: asta's request for review of court ruling 1.1

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Ok the r4r is getting boring now, and beyond parody. So to spice things up a bit let's have a sweepstake.

It is now 74 days since the r4r was filed. The person who guesses the nearest number of days from November 19th 2014 to the posting of a legal and valid ruling from the court will win the rare honour of getting a hymn written about them by myself - something that has only happened for the most notable TNP citizens.

Obviously judges cannot enter.

Closest wins, and to get the ball rolling I will guess at 98 days.

Oh. No bets are being taken on falaptorius' request for review. Either the justices have forgotten it or they are incapable of multitasking.

Ok. The predictions have been made. Here is what people have said

For reference, we are currently on day 77

Plembobria: 80 days
Great Bight’s Mum: 85 days
Eluvatar: 85 days
Romanoffia: 86 days
Lord ravenclaw: 90 days
David: 96 Days
Flemingovia: 98 days
Lord Lore: 105 days and 4 hours
Nierr: 109 days
Tomb: 113 days
Syrixia: 119 days
Bootsie: 125 days
SillyString: 125 days
McMasterdonia: 140 days
HuAt: 152 days
Alta Italia: 174 days
PaulWallLibertarian42: 190 days

If we plot these predictions graphically, using a ‘Svyokla Statistical analysis) we get the following graph pattern, which is rather cool:

coloured4.png

flemingovia:
Ok. The predictions have been made. Here is what people have said

For reference, we are currently on day 77

Plembobria: 80 days
Great Bight’s Mum: 85 days
Eluvatar: 85 days
Romanoffia: 86 days
Lord ravenclaw: 90 days
David: 96 Days
Flemingovia: 98 days
Lord Lore: 105 days and 4 hours
Nierr: 109 days
Tomb: 113 days
Syrixia: 119 days
Bootsie: 125 days
SillyString: 125 days
McMasterdonia: 140 days
HuAt: 152 days
Alta Italia: 174 days
PaulWallLibertarian42: 190 days

If we plot these predictions graphically, using a ‘Svyokla Statistical analysis) we get the following graph pattern, which is rather cool:

coloured4.png
I ran the same date using the "The Wiener Sausage" method created by Norbert Wiener's Cybernetics Theory, thus: assuming a W?(t) of radius ? and length t is the set-valued random variable on Brownian paths b (in some Euclidean space) defined by:

W_delta(t)({ b}) is the set of points within a distance ? of some point b(x) of the path b with 0?x?t

And thus produced a long, thin Wiener Sausage in three dimensions:

2z7ppvo.jpg

This might even have a bigger effect than cheese! :cheese:

Alta Italia:
Seeing as I've been 16-upped by PWL, I'd like to change my vote to 191 days. ;-)
Sorry, it is in the nature of a sweepstake you cannot change your guess depending on what other people have said.

The court has posted a ruling, the climax of weeks of deliberation. The ruling is very long and extremely hard, so we will have to wait to see if it stands up before the winner of the sweepstake is posted.

If it does, this means that Gbm and eluvatar are the joint winners. They guessed 85 days and the court took 84 days, or twelve weeks.

But what does the ruling even mean? It seemed like a whole lot of text just to say it's "declined but the thing you were trying to remove is remove anyway because reasons"

Nierr:
But what does the ruling even mean? It seemed like a whole lot of text just to say it's "declined but the thing you were trying to remove is remove anyway because reasons"
Yes, this is my interpretation as well, except that it actually isn't removed, which makes the entire wall of text meaningless on several different levels.

So it's essentially a really long and elaborate "fuck you guys"?

OK, justice has been served. I am calling this at 88 days - halfway between ravenclaw and Roman. Both will get a hymn in due course.

Wooo, something has finally gone right for me this month!

Back