SC Admission of r3n

Discord
COE#7110
The Security Council has approved an application by HMS Unicorn (AKA r3naissanc3r) to join the Security Council. The vote was 7-0 in favor.

HMS Unicorn has been admitted to the SC in the past, twice, but failed to post the oath of office both times. The previous RA discussions may be found here and here.

In my opinion, HMS Unicorn is a highly trusted nation of TNP and his readmission to the Security Council will make TNP a safer place.

When being delegate there's always such a multitude of issues to deal with, and as a result some things slip through. This was one of them.

That's about it.

To be clear, the current SC membership was and is quite frustrated over this series of events.
To underscore our concern, please do not open a vote in the R.A. until r3n's term as Delegate is officially over. And I so move. Maybe the delay will make sure r3n has his attention on this after he is no longer Delegate.

It's not exactly an issue of trust. I think it is obvious that r3n can perform the duties required, as he already was performing them until we realized the first oath had not been posted. I see no reason to oppose this.

R3n is an exceptional public servant and has been an exceptional Delegate. Sure it isn't great that he forgot to post the oath twice, but he has been very busy with running the region. Speaking as someone who almost forgot to post their oath after being elected Delegate to a second term ( by "forgot" i mean that it was totally intentionally left till the last minute), I can understand how easy it is to overlook something as simple as that.

I fully support his admission. I have full confidence that he will not forget to post the oath this time :P

Grosseschnauzer:
To be clear, the current SC membership was and is quite frustrated over this series of events.
To underscore our concern, please do not open a vote in the R.A. until r3n's term as Delegate is officially over. And I so move. Maybe the delay will make sure r3n has his attention on this after he is no longer Delegate.
Are you expressing here a personal opinion, or speaking on behalf of the Security council?

If this is a statement on behalf of the security council, on a purely procedural note, I am not sure I like the idea of the SC telling the Regional Assembly when it may, or may not, vote on something.

Personally, I oppose this motion. I see no need to delay the vote, nor to make a special case out of R3N's application.

He is speaking for himself, the public thread in the Council Chambers shows the entirety of our discussion on r3naissanc3r's application(s) to join the Security Council.

I believe he was the only member who expressed concern about r3n being Delegate as well as an SC member. I agree that there is no reason to delay the vote. Practically speaking the election will be over before this vote is over, even if the in-game transition is not.

mcmasterdonia:
He is speaking for himself, the public thread in the Council Chambers shows the entirety of our discussion on r3naissanc3r's application(s) to join the Security Council.

I believe he was the only member who expressed concern about r3n being Delegate as well as an SC member. I agree that there is no reason to delay the vote. Practically speaking the election will be over before this vote is over, even if the in-game transition is not.
thank you. Due to my admin mask, i was not sure whether that thread was in a public or private bit of the SC, and on principle I had not read it.

It answers the question I raised, however I would still like the vote to be opened ASAP.

On principle. I do not believe in things hanging around for (to pluck a length of time at random) 53 days or more. "if it were done, t'were best done quickly"

But this is the Speaker's call.

PWL42 raises an interesting point. I can see overlooking posting an oath once, but twice? I'm voting Nay. If r3n can't be bothered to post the oath, then I can't support his/her SC membership.

I don't think it is accurate to say that he couldn't be bothered. R3n is a very active and engaged Delegate, the number of matters that require his attention on a daily basis is very significant. It is more accurate to say that he simply forgot to post the oath.

I don't see a particular reason to expedite the vote, but I see even less of a reason to delay it until after elections....

mcmasterdonia:
R3n is a very active and engaged Delegate, the number of matters that require his attention on a daily basis is very significant. It is more accurate to say that he simply forgot to post the oath.
That's a crock and you know it. I check the RMB and forum every day. R3n is/was a good Delegate, but active and engaged is hardly a description I'd use. It seems whatever matters required his daily attention weren't Delegate (and by extension in this discussion..SC) related.

Falapatorius, I posted in the Private Halls that for the last two weeks of my term I was going to be on reduced activity. This has taken a toll on my RMB activity, I will not deny that. But aside of that and slower WA voting (I can no longer vote the minute a resolution goes to vote), no other area of government has been affected.

During these last two weeks, I have overseen two NPA operations, drafted and negotiated an international statement representing 30 regional militaries, completed negotiations on a new treaty, run the WADP, completed the citizenship reform and run the campaign that has brought more than 50 new citizens, updated all of our scripted telegrams and other reference material to reflect the citizenship changes, introduced and (almost) passed new RA rules, continued to update programs like the Lennarts and stories of TNP, continued running the Press Releases, edited, published and distributed a new TNL issue, and of course run two elections. That's on top of other tasks such as daily endotarting (I have now stopped endotarting, to make the delegate transition easier), responding to more than 30 telegrams per day, updating polls and the WFE, and sending a dozen of region-wide TGs.

Regarding the SC oath, look I'm not going to be modest. You can focus on me forgetting to do a formality and post an oath. Or you can focus on me working to increase regional security through the massive success that has been the WADP, and on me consistently endotarting to reach a WA-time record endorsement count, and an all-time and pan-GCR record endorsement rate.

I am more effective than most SC members on what matters, which is keeping the region secure. I have been so for nine months now. Forgetting to post an oath does not change that.

If r3naissanc3r is not engaged with our community, then I would love to hear your scathing reviews of some of our former Delegates, who disappeared for weeks at a time, or even those who didn't post on the RMB on more than ten occasions throughout their entire term >_<

Indeed as r3n said, he has been a driving force in all areas of the executive government and the Security Council since he was elected. For those of us involved in the Executive Staff, it is very clear that the Delegate has been a huge facilitator of discussions and a successful in the roll out of a great deal many programs.

The only time that his activity has slowed has been in situations where he has provided us with clear notice. We cannot fault him for that. Nobody can be on 24/7. My point was that throughout his entire term, r3n has been consistently active and consistently busy in all areas of his executive government and in the Security Council. The past week or so of lesser activity from r3n has occurred after notice was given to our assembly.

Simply forgetting to post the oath does not change that, I do not think that anyone could reasonably argue that. It certainly does not mean that he isn't engaged or involved in our regional community.

I tease r3n, but in all seriousness I completely understand the lapse and I fully support his admission.

I motion to vote.

I support the motion to vote. r3n is a very active delegate and we should not worry about him forgeting to post his oath a 3rd time. When this comes to vote I will be voting Aye

falapatorius:
R3n is/was a good Delegate, but active and engaged is hardly a description I'd use.
I tried to find a suitable picture on the internet that would convey my reaction when I read this sentence, but none were sufficient, so I had to create my own:

myfacewhen_zps45e606c0.jpg

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Im not happy about having to do this a third time. If he forgets to post a simple oath twice now...how can we trust him to do council stuff and things?
Probably the same way you trusted him as delegate for two terms, as well as trusting him to oversee two elections, or negotiate with The South Pacific on an amended and updated treaty*, or drafting and proposing legislation that was passed by the RA.

Geewizz.

CoE has it right with his reaction. I'd do the same but I can't shift the look of disdain off of my face at some of the comments from Falap. I would argue that everything aside, forgetting to post an oath is such a minor issue it's laughable.

*Do remember that the security treaty between TNP and TSP is considered by the current governments of both regions to be the most important and historical alliance they hold, so not a small thing.

I think that r3n is probably one of the best delegates if not the best that TNP has ever had. He was and still is committed to his job and he has been active and engaged with our community to the end. Through his policies, TNP has risen to the top in terms of the WA, RA membership, NPA membership, and access to involvement in our government through the Executive Staff just to name a few accomplishments. The amount of work and time he has put in is admirable. And to criticise him over something as minor as forgetting to post an oath is ridiculous, really. Being a Delegate takes a lot of time. Being a human also takes a lot of time, you know. We all have real lives. And so when this goes to vote, I will vote Aye.

~ Tomb

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
I think that r3n is probably one of the best delegates if not the best that TNP has ever had. He was and still is committed to his job and he has been active and engaged with our community to the end. Through his policies, TNP has risen to the top in terms of the WA, RA membership, NPA membership, and access to involvement in our government through the Executive Staff just to name a few accomplishments. The amount of work and time he has put in is admirable. And to criticise him over something as minor as forgetting to post an oath is ridiculous, really. Being a Delegate takes a lot of time. Being a human also takes a lot of time, you know. We all have real lives. And so when this goes to vote, I will vote Aye.

~ Tomb
This.

I deliberately did not vote on this as a symbolic way of expressing my disdain for having to go through this three times. It is not something I would ordinarily do, but someone has to make clear that this should not happen by anyone seeking admission to the security council. If there is a fourth time, then I will actively oppose such a motion.

Back