SC Admission of HMS Unicorn

Discord
COE#7110
The Security Council has approved an application by HMS Unicorn (AKA r3naissanc3r) to join the Security Council. The vote was 7-0 in favor, with one member abstaining.

HMS Unicorn has been admitted to the SC in the past, but failed to post the oath of office. The previous RA discussion may be found here.

In my opinion, HMS Unicorn is a highly trusted nation of TNP and his readmission to the Security Council will make TNP a safer place.

Question: Can we trust someone with the security of our region who has proven so inactive as to be unable to even post an oath of office in a timely manner? Answer: Yes.

SillyString:
Question: Can we trust someone with the security of our region who has proven so inactive as to be unable to even post an oath of office in a timely manner? Answer: Yes.
The silent types are always to be trusted because they are so easy to keep track of in the activity department. :P

Wow, could we stop the joking around and general off topicness? This is serious and I for one don't appreciate the goofing around.

r3n should never have had this happen to him. The sc chair at the time should have kept track of whether he posted his oath. We should find out who that was and beat the crap outta them. :angry:

Democratic Donkeys:
The sc chair at the time should have kept track of whether he posted his oath. We should find out who that was and beat the crap outta them. :angry:
hmm

DD:
Wow, could we stop the joking around and general off topicness? This is serious and I for one don't appreciate the goofing around.
:clap: :hug:

DD:
The sc chair at the time should have kept track of whether he posted his oath. We should find out who that was and beat the crap outta them.
Seconded. :fish:

On topic: Hmm.. let's see. R3n is a forum mod, and is near the end of a second term as Delegate (hasn't gone rogue.. yet). Security concern? Not bloody likely. I'm guessing this thread is a procedural formality? I'd rather see this go to an immediate vote, since r3n was already admitted previously (we're only at this point because of an oversight regarding the Oath). :2c:

A very serious oversight!

If he didn't oath this, what else might he not have oathed without us knowing? Is he really delegate? Is he even an RA member at all!?

Does he not value the importance of oaths? Does he think our laws a joke? Does he wish lawlessness to reign!?

These are all important questions that I for one think we deserve answers to!!!!

falapatorius:
DD:
:clap: :hug:

DD:
The sc chair at the time should have kept track of whether he posted his oath. We should find out who that was and beat the crap outta them.
Seconded. :fish:

On topic: Hmm.. let's see. R3n is a forum mod, and is near the end of a second term as Delegate (hasn't gone rogue.. yet). Security concern? Not bloody likely. I'm guessing this thread is a procedural formality? I'd rather see this go to an immediate vote, since r3n was already admitted previously (we're only at this point because of an oversight regarding the Oath). :2c:
:agree:

I don't know, do you?

f34e_victorian_web_pocket_watch.jpg

So that there's no misunderstanding, I abstained in the SC vote, and will do so here because of my philosophical concern about admitting any then-sitting Delegate to the SC during their elected term. Given the role of the SC with respect to the Delegate, it seems unduly awkward, I have no problem with an SC member who is then elected as Delegate, or with admitting a former Delegate after their term(s) in office.

This is not a personal statement about r3n, but the circumstances under which this motion is coming before the SC and the RA.

Back