PaulWall OUR Attorney General

PaulWall OUR ATTORNEY GENERAL

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjlT8kgDQyo[/video]

Hello my fellow TNPers. I am your current Attorney General PaulWallLibertarian42 and I would like to seek a second term to serve as your top prosecutor of the region.

First a little discloser, the last few months, probably sometime around September, based on Personal IRL issues with my life partner I have had reduced activity. I do not want to get into specifics but just we had a fight on how much time I spend on this game and my past internet dealings were brought up in my face, in short I did get mad and deleted all of my Nationstates links, IRC etc. - however I was elected Attorney General and was determined to honor my committment and I have stuck around and tried to post and stay up with everything. I may not post every hour or two on the hour like I did previously. But I do check in every 2 or 3 days. I was thinking about not seeking another term and fall into RA obscurity and only maintain my RA membership. But I decided to try and seek a 2nd term...because I really havent had an opportunity to Prosecute an actual Criminal Offense of the TNP criminal code. This term had been fairly quiet. And I want to seek another term in hopes of actually getting to step inside of the TNP court room.

Down to Business:

I have worked to process complaints that have come across my desk, I have only recieved 2 complaints and one civil complaint (which I reffered the fact to the person submiting that TNP does not have civil cases anymore due to a RA vote in the spring)

The two complaints can be found here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7233984/1/

And here: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7239319/1/

In the first complaint it is obvious to see there is nothing in the Criminal code that includes such charges for Kangaroo murder and speechlessness and as such the AG's office under color of law is unable to act on such allegations.

Mr. Flem even admitted his complaint was a "test" (http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8160763&t=7234747)

The Office of the AG did see Mr. Flem may been trying to be humorus and as such responded with our own attempt of humor and attempted to keep the joke up before finally kindly dropping the matter and making the decision that the AG cannot prosecute what is not in the Criminal code.

However, this did spark me to make a post on Mr. Flems behalf on if the Criminal code needed to be overhauled - http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7234747/1/

I then considered the matter behind us...until...

This brings us to our 2nd complaint.

McM filed a complaint against Flem for Fraud based on his earlier complaint. I consider filing a false Criminal complaint fraud...and the AGs office began investigating and coming up with strategy and looking at old court records for presidence etc. One thing we discussed was Flem is the god of Flemingovianism and the Chief Justice is a Fleming and how that would play a roll. Our backroom Private discussion was over two pages long...based on looking the last time an AGs investigation duscussion was 2 pages long was intelligence gathering on JAL. So we took McMs complaint very seriously. But apparently McM did not think we were working quick enough and withdrew his complaint and took it to the figh.

That is a summary of my term so far as I see it. Make your own conclusions. And cast your vote accordingly. I would appreciate a 2nd term to get an opportunity to step inside the court room. So far this term it hasnt happened.

However, if you choose not to vote for me...I have floated some alternatives in the Canidacy nomination thread: http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=8170245&t=7260167

Consider looking at them if you do not want to look towards me.

Thank you.

DO YOU EVEN LIBERTY BRO?

I think you have been a pretty poor attorney general, and even if you had been brilliant, I am not sure that anyone with real life issues such as you describe should be seeking an elected term. Rl trumps all.

I think you need to consider carefully if you want another term in the job with everything that has been going on. There is nothing wrong with stepping back and focusing on real life, we've all had to do it from time to time.

I voice McM and Flem, however, the choice is yours Paul.
And regardless, good luck in both RL and this election.

~ Tomb

As far as in game goes the only thing that has changed is I am not on the forum 24/7 like I was. I have still been able to review and process complaints. And feel if and when and complaints are made in a 2nd term I will be able to review and process them in a timely manner still.

The RL argument stems around "trust issues" - I made mistakes in a time I felt unappreciated. ...online...and now anytime I get vested on an online game..she instantly feels I must be doing something wrong. And I then get angry because I feel that was in the past..and eventually you need to let things go...and that has been an ongoing issue with us. And why the argument of me playing nationstates too much came up.

But anyway, I still think I can fulfil a 2nd term and keep up with AG business while not being on the forum multiple times a day.

Nationstates has a siren voice. Many people say "I can control the amount of time I spend online. Few can do it,"

flemingovia:
Nationstates has a siren voice. Many people say "I can control the amount of time I spend online. Few can do it,"
:lol: I think at one time we had a 12-step program for that.

Best of luck in your campaign.

Despite my marital problem, as most politicans have, I do not feel it will be a distraction or keep me from fulfilling my duties. But thank you for everyones concerns.

I have given a synopsis of my term so far, but I have not really posted any promises.

As far as campaign promises go: Promises are all well and good, however Id just like to say that as AG I will continue to do what I am doing and Process complaints to the best of my ability, this term I have only encountered frivolous complaints and have become sucessful in citing the Criminal code which states
1. No criminal case may be brought before the Court of the North Pacific against any citizen for any crime not listed in the Criminal Code.

In a consecutive term I'd really like the opportunity to try complaints with basis in the legal code, maybe catch the AGs white whale and actually be able to win a conviction against JAL (if they commit a crime in TNP again)

Deputies:

As always I encourage anyone to to apply who is interrested, I would like a compliment of at least 3 deputies plus myself to form a formidable team. I plan to retain my current two deputies of HuAt and Romanoffia - as long as nothing changes (such as the Electorate reelecting Romanoffia to the bench)
So in the new term I'll be looking for at least one more deputy but two if I need to replace Romanoffia's vacancy.

Local Sheriffs of TNP support the current Attorney General!
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5jj6lV54p4[/video]

FINALLY! (JUSTICE FOR VICTIMS)
[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EI2YLdjU37Q[/video]

JhonsJoe: Inexperienced. Untrustworthy. Wrong for TNP.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ufnfXG5p2UQ[/video]

*BREAKING NEWS FROM THE REELECT PAULWALL CAMPAIGN*

The PaulWall Campaign has been invited to an AG campaign Debate by JhonJoes camp and has graciously accepted. JhonsJoe people have asked PaulWall who he thought would be a good moderator and without hesitation PaulWall stated if regional famous McMasterdonia were available, he has successfully moderated previous debates before, and would love to see McMasterdonia moderate an AG debate.

Stay tuned as information develops.

Well lets give you a round of questions.
I''ll start with one:

1. What will you do to make sure more people know what to do when reporting a case?

PaulWallLibertarian42 for AG campaign ads:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQjBBO-kFjM[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX2PcCCpPl8[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9Gyx3cXQC8[/video]

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtSk3h3Ul9s[/video]

JhonsJoe:
Well lets give you a round of questions.
I''ll start with one:

1. What will you do to make sure more people know what to do when reporting a case?
I have in my signature a link to how to file a criminal complaint and an invitation for potential victims to PM me. On the forum I feel this is sufficent as to navigate the subfora is fairly straightforward and being able to find the AGs office shouldnt be a problem.

However I've considered in the upcoming term to ask the Delegate if he minds giving the AGs office some presence gameside on the WFE and also link to how to file a criminal complaint so those in game on the RMB are aware the AG works for them too. Not merely those who post reguarly on the governmental forum.

GreatBrightsMum's Zombie Cousin comes to TNP to Elect PaulWall Attorney General this election! Be a Dead RA Member Voter for PaulWall!

* this ad has been paid for by the TNP Democrats

I would request that you keep my name out of your campaign, even in humour. I strongly request that you immediately edit my name out of the above post.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
One thing we discussed was Flem is the god of Flemingovianism and the Chief Justice is a Fleming and how that would play a roll.
So you chose not to prosecute the complaint because of some notion that the Chief Justice[note]That is to say, me[/note] is both incapable of separating a chosen faith from a criminal matter and unwilling to recuse herself from a conflict of interest, and further that the other two Justices on the Court are unable to utilize their power to demand a recusal in any such conflict?

You seem to have a very low opinion of the Court and its members. Why would you run for AG and risk having to prosecute criminals while fighting such a biased and incompetent bench?

I seriously hate your banner advertisement. Could you at least pick a principled and rational politician to be your political persona? o_O

I've posted a thread about the debate.

flemingovia:
I would request that you keep my name out of your campaign, even in humour. I strongly request that you immediately edit my name out of the above post.
The anonymous donors who wanted to submit it in your name have withdrew their bid to pay for the ad. However the TNP Democratic party glady matched the contribution.

mcmasterdonia:
I seriously hate your banner advertisement. Could you at least pick a principled and rational politician to be your political persona? o_O

Which Austrialian politican is the Aussie Rand Paul?

SillyString:
PaulWallLibertarian42:
One thing we discussed was Flem is the god of Flemingovianism and the Chief Justice is a Fleming and how that would play a roll.
So you chose not to prosecute the complaint because of some notion that the Chief Justice[note]That is to say, me[/note] is both incapable of separating a chosen faith from a criminal matter and unwilling to recuse herself from a conflict of interest, and further that the other two Justices on the Court are unable to utilize their power to demand a recusal in any such conflict?

You seem to have a very low opinion of the Court and its members. Why would you run for AG and risk having to prosecute criminals while fighting such a biased and incompetent bench?
We did not choose to prosecute based on that alone. That was merely one issue we discussed. How the chief justice may be biased as a fleming. And if they may or msy not recuse themselves. The possibility of requesting another justice moderate the case or if need to request a THO etc....there are many angles that need pursued to make sure all ducks are in a row to build an ironclad case.

Infact we actually were in the process if duscussing an indictment and letting the chips fall where they may and prosecute to the best of our ability and let it play out in court...but then Mr. McM got tired of waiting and withdrew his complaint and took it to the figh. Which by looks is equally as slow as the constiutional court.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
mcmasterdonia:

Which Austrialian politican is the Aussie Rand Paul?
Nobody that i'd likely vote for.

In the interest of proving your level of activity and/or competence during your time in office, would you be willing to declassify the discussions your office had on the complaints of Mcm and Flem?

Crushing Our Enemies:
In the interest of proving your level of activity and/or competence during your time in office, would you be willing to declassify the discussions your office had on the complaints of Mcm and Flem?
[me]pricks up ears and listens intently.

I agree with the honourable gentlemen COE's suggestion and would support the Attorney General releasing any discussions relevant to the complaint! :)

So it seems neither McM nor I have any concerns at all about the release of discussions concerning our case. So you need not worry about out sensitivity or privacy.

I am not sure what the presidence is for that. Of declassifying private dicussions, especially recent ones. There are discussions in the AGs office from 2 years back there old case files still not declassified.

Hypothetically, I have nothing to hide, and in full discloser, if it would ease people into believing my Administration was activly working a case, then hypothetically I would have no issue in releasing said discussion.

However, being legal minded and concerned for future AGs I am not sure what kind of presidence that would set.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
I am not sure what kind of presidence that would set.
As Attorney General, and candidate for reelection, is this not something you should determine conclusively?

You're in the office. You decide how it runs! You might solicit advice from others, but ultimately, what actions you take or do not take are your own.

Not acting for fear of "setting a precedent" is itself setting a precedent.

Here you go. It doesn't matter anymore. I am the Marc Dann of TNP. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Dann)

In light of recent turn of events. I also withdraw my reelection bid and will resign from Attorney General if a majority of RA members ask me to.

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7240210/1/

And I aplogize to any future AG for the headache I just gave them by sitting this president of releasing private discussions if pestered enough to do so.

I am genuinely disappointed to see you withdraw from the race, and I hope you do not resign as AG.

I think I may have been unclear in my previous post - I was typing it in a rush while out the door to work, so I apologize for not going into greater detail.

As the AG is not a member of the Court, their actions do not set a legal precedent. This holds true for all government officials, in fact - even members of the Court when not actually rendering rulings. So you can immediately rule out the possibility that releasing a discussion in a particular case will bind any future AGs to follow suit. There's no legal requirement for that, and it's relatively unlikely that a future Court would, should a review be filed, rule that such discussions must be publicized.

What governmental actions do do is set an unwritten guideline for future behavior. They give future officeholders a sense of what their predecessors have done in what circumstances, in order to inform their own thinking on the matter.

In this particular case, you had the option to agree to release the thread (promoting future transparency upon request), or to decline to release the thread (promoting the importance of private deliberations), or to seek the input of the deputies who contributed to the discussion (strengthening the standing of the more junior members of the office). Any of these would have been a perfectly acceptable action to take (at least, acceptable to me, since I can't speak for others).

What I was specifically criticizing in this circumstance was the attempt to say neither yes nor no for fear of the results of that decision. As the officeholder, your job is to make those calls and decide what possible fallout you want to live with.

I hope that clarifies my stance a bit more. :)

I withdrew over the seal thing. I didnt mean to damage the government by using my office in my campaign. I wanted it to be more like role play I was writing a letter to the voters from my desk. And since Lord Ravenclaw filed a complaint and I may very well face charges, i felt it unapproprate to remain in the race. I compiled my letter without due regard to how it may be percieved or if it were legal...I just thought it was cool...and a way to grab attention by having the AG write the people an offical letter...it got the wrong kind of attention.

flemingovia:
I'd wish you would do the same in your RON thread, you know, just to be fair. Which, of course, is a pipe dream.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
I withdrew over the seal thing. I didnt mean to damage the government by using my office in my campaign. I wanted it to be more like role play I was writing a letter to the voters from my desk. And since Lord Ravenclaw filed a complaint and I may very well face charges, i felt it unapproprate to remain in the race. I compiled my letter without due regard to how it may be percieved or if it were legal...I just thought it was cool...and a way to grab attention by having the AG write the people an offical letter...it got the wrong kind of attention.
I understand. We all make mistakes, and I for one think it is admirable that you are owning up to yours and attempting to make things right. I still don't think you needed to withdraw, but I respect your decision to do so. :hug:

I get the impression from your comment in the criminal complaint against you that you feel rather hopeless and you think people want you to leave the region. While I cannot speak for everybody, I know that I would be very sad to see you leave and I have not heard even a whisper of anybody wanting to drive you away. While we don't always (or perhaps ever :P ) see eye to eye, you are a member of this community and you are valued. And anybody saying otherwise will have to go through me! :noangel:

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Here you go. It doesn't matter anymore. I am the Marc Dann of TNP. ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Dann)

In light of recent turn of events. I also withdraw my reelection bid and will resign from Attorney General if a majority of RA members ask me to.

http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7240210/1/

And I aplogize to any future AG for the headache I just gave them by sitting this president of releasing private discussions if pestered enough to do so.
Im surprised. I released this for your guys benefit. You wanted it. Now 12 hours later almost and no snide remarks? Im dissapointed. Really.

SillyString:
PaulWallLibertarian42:
I understand. We all make mistakes, and I for one think it is admirable that you are owning up to yours and attempting to make things right. I still don't think you needed to withdraw, but I respect your decision to do so. :hug:

I get the impression from your comment in the criminal complaint against you that you feel rather hopeless and you think people want you to leave the region. While I cannot speak for everybody, I know that I would be very sad to see you leave and I have not heard even a whisper of anybody wanting to drive you away. While we don't always (or perhaps ever :P ) see eye to eye, you are a member of this community and you are valued. And anybody saying otherwise will have to go through me! :noangel:
I hope that is sincere. If it is thanks. Means alot I appreciate it. But the inner cynic in me cant help but think you may be channeling some of Democractic Donkeys snark.... :shrug:

The bad thing about forum based text is it is hard to pick up on tone.

That is 100% sincere. :)

I suggested you for deputy speaker way back when, after all. Once a Cabalist, always a Cabalist, and the IRCabal looks after its own - even confused little ducklings who have lost their way. :P

(That second part was not quite 100% sincere.)

Back