Official TNP Jackass Act

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
The following shall be added to the Legal Code of The North Pacific:

Section 7.4: Official Jackass of The North Pacific

1. Romanoffia is hereby declared to be The Official Jackass of The North Pacific.

2. An establishment of Knighthood is fashioned as The Most Excellent Order of The Equus Africanus Asinus (MEOEAA), commonly to be called "Order of the Most Excellent Jackass).

3. Membership will be confered by members of The Order and withdrawn at pleasure of The Order.

4. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall be supplied by the The Most Excellent Order of The Equus Africanus Asinus (MEOEAA) with an unlimited supply of rum for all our visitors and envoys.

Now this is a bill everyone can agree to! :clap:

Addendum: Clause 4 (The Egalotir Clause) has been added.

R3n and Wham support this bill!

Get on board! Support this bill!

From #TNP tonight:

[22:21]r3nomg yes
[22:23]RomanoffiaSupport this bill!
[22:30]WhamSo if this passes, will your title be "sir" in respect to knighthood, or "Jackass" in respect to the order, oe perhaps "Sir Jackass" for both?
[22:30]WhamEither way, I think it's awesome
[22:32]r3nSir Wham has spoken
[22:32]RomanoffiaSir Jackass, Jackass, whatever. I's all good by me. Horse's Ass would require another bill.
[22:34]RomanoffiaSo, Wham and r3n, can I count on official support of this bill?
[22:34]WhamI think it would be a shame if it doesn't pass

:clap:

I'm for it if you add a clause promising Foreign Affairs unlimited supply of rum for all our visitors and envoys.

PWL42:
Hey. Im pagan. :/ otherwise I support this bill.
No offense intended. I was using the context of 'no religious beliefs'. Anti-Theist might better apply. But frig it.. non-aligned says it all.

Treize_Dreizehn:
Just not directly behind. I don't wish to be kicked.

^^ That was good! :lol:

The Democratic Republic of Tomb:
lol, Roman.
It will be very interesting if this passes.

Like I said, a little absurdity can go a long way in terms of entertainment value!

Egalotir:
I'm for it if you add a clause promising Foreign Affairs unlimited supply of rum for all our visitors and envoys.
Done!

4. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs shall be supplied by the The Most Excellent Order of The Equus Africanus Asinus (MEOEAA) with an unlimited supply of rum for all our visitors and envoys.

Clause 4 shall be known as the Egalotir Clause.

Romanoffia:
Egalotir:
Done!

Clause 4 shall be known as the Egalotir Clause.
YOU'VE GOT MY VOTE :rofl:

Nah, I think letting the debate run through its formal procedure is the best thing to do.

That said, I would like everyone to vote for this bill because you all have a secret desire to name me the Official Jackass of The North Pacific. C'mon, you know you want to do it!

Hmmm, vote "Aye" and support an awful proposal? Vote "Nay" and offer a roundabout affirmation of an awful poster? Quite the conundrum!

I think the only useful course for me will be to vote "Abstain" simply for membership purposes. :)

I think there can be several reasons to vote nay. One might think that Roman is a jackass, but not wish for that fact to be advertised in our laws.

Vote yay so the foreign affairs office will receive unlimited rum. This is good! It'll bring all the diplomatic relations we want and all the regions would want to be our friends :D besides it's named after me, what more incentive could you need.

flemingovia:
Voting nay demonstrates that we appreciate the difference between a jackass and a fool.
I could lay down a very sarcastic response here, but I don't want to hurt your feelings. :lol:

Elegarth:
Romanoffia:
flemingovia:
Voting nay demonstrates that we appreciate the difference between a jackass and a fool.
I could lay down a very sarcastic response here, but I don't want to hurt your feelings. :lol:
He just openly called you a fool, you should not restrain imho
Responding to his taunts with real wit, wisdom and tact is like administering medicine to the deceased.

Translated for easy understanding by adherents to the Official State Religion, that means consider the source. :lol:

I am reconsidring my support of this proposal. On one hand, it allows anyone and everyone to call Roman a jackass at every turn. On the other hand, it may end up giving Roman greater latitude to behave, well, like a jackass.

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that neither effect is desireable.

Great Bights Mum:
I am reconsidring my support of this proposal. On one hand, it allows anyone and everyone to call Roman a jackass at every turn. On the other hand, it may end up giving Roman greater latitude to behave, well, like a jackass.

The more I think about it, the more certain I am that neither effect is desireable.
:agree:

As is said in music, "don't look at the trombone players; it only encourages them."

Great Bights Mum:

Look at the bright side, the law can always be amended to super-cede me as the Official TNP Jackass as I am completely sure that the torch will quickly be passed to someone else (I can think of any number of people what will assuredly usurp the title, intentionally or not).

Whether or not the bill passes will have absolutely no bearing on the latitude given for me to behave like a jackass. Deliberate and intentional Jackassery will be confined to the Agora section of the forum in threads specifically created for related jackassery. I will leave asshattery and narcissism to threads created by their greatest practitioners here. 1

Bill? Bill? I don't need no stinking bill to behave like a jackass.

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ[/flash]​

The problem is that you Oligarchy 2 types have no sense of humour at all. None. Zero. Zip. Nada. Nessuno.
Keine. NONE. Absolutely none at all.

In fact, the lack of a sense of humour around here has made the TNP a very dry place. So dry, in fact, that if The North Pacific could fart, it would fart dust. And every time someone does anything that doesn't pay homage to the Oligarchy or anyone doesn't do what the Oligarchy wants, the Oligarchy farts fire.3

What this region really needs is a Patron Saint. St. Flatus Ignitus would suffice. 4

I apologise profusely if I mistook you for someone who has a sense of humour. Prove me wrong. :cheese: 5

Footnotes:

1 That was a promise. Take or leave it as you wish. :hello:

2 That was a tongue-in-cheek statement for those or you who lack a sense of humour. Oligarchy is a blanket term for entrenched powers that be and meant only as a term of endearment and appreciation (well, mostly, I suppose).

3 That was a sarcastic comment. I could colour code sarcastic and tongue in cheek terms and comments, but the humour would be lost on those who who have no sense of humour.

4 That was an ironic statement.

5 That was intended to be funny, yet somewhat maudlin concerning your recent lack of appreciation for a really funny gag. :hug:

Romanoffia:
Great Bights Mum:

Look at the bright side, the law can always be amended to super-cede me as the Official TNP Jackass as I am completely sure that the torch will quickly be passed to someone else (I can think of any number of people what will assuredly usurp the title, intentionally or not).

Whether or not the bill passes will have absolutely no bearing on the latitude given for me to behave like a jackass. Deliberate and intentional Jackassery will be confined to the Agora section of the forum in threads specifically created for related jackassery. I will leave asshattery and narcissism to threads created by their greatest practitioners here. 1

Bill? Bill? I don't need no stinking bill to behave like a jackass.

[flash]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqomZQMZQCQ[/flash]​

The problem is that you Oligarchy 2 types have no sense of humour at all. None. Zero. Zip. Nada. Nessuno.
Keine. NONE. Absolutely none at all.

In fact, the lack of a sense of humour around here has made the TNP a very dry place. So dry, in fact, that if The North Pacific could fart, it would fart dust. And every time someone does anything that doesn't pay homage to the Oligarchy or anyone doesn't do what the Oligarchy wants, the Oligarchy farts fire.3

What this region really needs is a Patron Saint. St. Flatus Ignitus would suffice. 4

I apologise profusely if I mistook you for someone who has a sense of humour. Prove me wrong. :cheese: 5

Footnotes:

1 That was a promise. Take or leave it as you wish. :hello:

2 That was a tongue-in-cheek statement for those or you who lack a sense of humour. Oligarchy is a blanket term for entrenched powers that be and meant only as a term of endearment and appreciation (well, mostly, I suppose).

3 That was a sarcastic comment. I could colour code sarcastic and tongue in cheek terms and comments, but the humour would be lost on those who who have no sense of humour.

4 That was an ironic statement.

5 That was intended to be funny, yet somewhat maudlin concerning your recent lack of appreciation for a really funny gag. :hug:
I seriously didn't want to quote the whole thing but..

Sauceistan:
What does god have against trombone players?
All that blowing.

Sauceistan:
flemingovia:
:agree:

As is said in music, "don't look at the trombone players; it only encourages them."
What does god have against trombone players? :(
God has nothing against trombone players (trust me, I should know). In fact the trombone has been called "the voice of God" because it is the only brass instrument that can make perfect pitch at all times.

Mendelssohn said that the trombone was "too sacred for frequent use", and Beethoven write a trombone quartet that was used at his eon funeral, and is often heard in religious settings today.

God is not to blame for everything.

Roman, the entire forum community losing its sense of humor is only one possible explanation for why we aren't laughing. The other possibility is that you really just aren't as funny as you think you are.

Back