Treize Dreizehn for the Prosecution

Ahoy hoy.

I'd like to think that my work speaks for itself, but "my work" is an abstract concept so that's probably not true. Let me walk you through my experiences in the legal underbelly of TNP.

First of all, I prosecuted the Haafingar and Hjaalmarch case for Chasmanthe, which I spearheaded personally from start to finish.

I also faced off against Gracius Maximus as part of King Durk's legal team.

I also provided some assistance(mostly in helping close possible loopholes) in the drafting of the new court rules.

I have a long history ingame as a WA author and debater. I'm active. I don't shy away from legal questions and I've remained committed to bettering TNP over the last 6 months or so.

If you want a solidly knowledgeable and reliably active Attorney General, vote for me.

Constitutionality problems that seem to have been written off aside, I don't have any problem with TD. Will wait to see who else is running.

As Attorney General would you jump ship to the defense again like you did in the JAL trial? Also, do you feel that was approprate? I am not knocking your record or accomplishments but do you think an outside observer would see that and recieve a mixed message? Someone picked as a deputy AG deciding to switch sides mid term?

PaulWallLibertarian42:
As AG I would appoint the proper people to prosecute a case I couldn't personally handle(like Durk's).

It's important to note I was not the prosecutor in that case nor did I have any significant involvement in it from the prosecution's side. I yielded with barely any objection to being removed from the AG's team by Chas because it was his right. Chas appointed me, and he can fire me if he doesn't like my work. There was literally no way I could help prosecute Durk given our history, and I made that clear when my opinion was asked on the case(way, way before he ever went on trial by the way, and even before the H&H trial).

Personally, I felt that I could've remained on the AG's team, with restricted access to the backroom forums(which while unneeded was still good sense). Or even just a temporary demasking to make it simpler. I even offered, once the trial was finished, to take up the Assistant AG's hat again, but Chas declined to take me up on it.

I'd like to thank you though, for your respect for my accomplishments so far. ;)

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Who would you tap as an Assistant if anybody?
It seems like it would be a bad idea to say now without knowing who'd be available. Beyond that, I don't wanna be presumptuous. Though I certainly appreciate your confidence.

Hello, I am the newly hired campaign manager for Treize. I want to thank you for your continued commitment to asking questions.

If my candidate could choose anyone to be his Assistant it would obviously be Jesus Christ.

Thank you for your question.

Do you believe legal, political, and personal reasons for decisions are always separable, and if so, is it normally possible to reconstruct one in the form of the other?

McMasterdonia banned you when you came to our region, and which categories of considerations (personal, political, legal) do you believe apply to that action?

TD you have my support so far given your extensive resume. I look forward to your answers to the above questions.

I look for a certain integrity, honesty and openness in the judicial department. How well does that describe you?

flemingovia:
I look for a certain integrity, honesty and openness in the judicial department. How well does that describe you?
Following on this question, you have been critical of the Court's judgement in the past, particularly in findings that seem to contradict what you deem logically or legally sound. How do you justify your acceptance of what has been nearly universally viewed as 'bad law' in regards to your placement within the Regional Assembly? Honestly, just curious.

Do you believe legal, political, and personal reasons for decisions are always separable, and if so, is it normally possible to reconstruct one in the form of the other?

McMasterdonia banned you when you came to our region, and which categories of considerations (personal, political, legal) do you believe apply to that action?

No. And none of the above.

I'm an e-lawyer, and a good one at that. So what do you think?

How do you justify your acceptance of what has been nearly universally viewed as 'bad law' in regards to your placement within the Regional Assembly? Honestly, just curious.

Let's be clear. I've accepted the ruling because despite my disagreeing with the details of the ruling itself(as my briefs on the subject should clearly show), I agree with the conclusion reached. And the ruling has been made. Once there's no chance to overturn it, you have to let it go or join the residents of crazy town like a certain somebody we all know.

If you were not banned for legal reasons, then why were you banned?

Is it nothing to do with who you would support and who you would undermine?

Is it nothing to do with a strong impression of the reprehensibility of your character?

You value work and meritocracy, as do many people. But isn't the truth also important?

Unfortunately, I can't support anyone who would as PWL put it, "jump ship" to join the defense as AG.

When Vice Delegate I rejected your application because I thought you were a Security Risk. Since then things have changed and you're now a member of the RA, thanks to the Court, and have worked as as a prosecutor before.

However some things don't change and I still view you as a security risk. I will not vote for you in this election.

Treize_Dreizehn:
How do you justify your acceptance of what has been nearly universally viewed as 'bad law' in regards to your placement within the Regional Assembly? Honestly, just curious.

Let's be clear. I've accepted the ruling because despite my disagreeing with the details of the ruling itself(as my briefs on the subject should clearly show), I agree with the conclusion reached. And the ruling has been made. Once there's no chance to overturn it, you have to let it go or join the residents of crazy town like a certain somebody we all know.
Thank you for answering.

I too accept that once the decision has been made, it is best to simply move on. However, in the moment, it seems that an opportunity presented itself for you to resign from the RA and attempt readmission through normal means under a different regime. You opted not to do so even though you claim to have disagreed with the details of the ruling. I do understand that you support the conclusion because it was in your favor. To me, that is the crux of the matter, you support rulings of the Court not based upon objective findings of law but on personal gain.

Since the role of the AG is not to be objective in pursuing the desires of the state I do not fault you for this position.

Chasmanthe:
If you were not banned for legal reasons, then why were you banned?

Is it nothing to do with who you would support and who you would undermine?

Is it nothing to do with a strong impression of the reprehensibility of your character?

You value work and meritocracy, as do many people. But isn't the truth also important?
1: The same reason McM unbanned me as well, you'd have to ask him.

2: I'd say no.

3: Heh. Could you phrase that question in a more leading manner please?

4: I'd say yes. Which is why I opened a campaign thread. We're very close to the voting phase of this election and your campaign thread is nowhere to be found. Are you afraid of the questions you might get? Beyond that, do you think it's fair to the electorate to wait as long as you have while still asking the other candidates questions?

I'm running on exactly the same platform as last time. Did you check the archives?

No, it's not fair, but you are the only person in The North Pacific whohas complained about it. If I acted like on every complaint I wouldn't be a popular AG, now would I?

By the way, I defeated you in the last election, there is nothing wrong with my platform as far as the electorate are concerned.

According to Maxx Barry, declaration of where a candidate stands is a key feature in the concept of representative democracy, and if you remove this plank the house falls over. By making promises privately instead of publicly it is easier to get elected. Whether that makes me electable here or unaccountable we shall soon find out.

Apologies to TD for addressing this to Chas, but compelling the electorate to go searching through the Archives to inform themselves on one's candidacy is poor strategy. Furthermore, it denies us the opportunity to ask questions.

TD, some have been wary of supporting you because of your - for lack of a better word - baggage. Let me say this. It will be a cold day in hell before I ever support your bid for Delegate, VD or SC member. But for AG.... sure. If you want the most thankless job in TNP, go for it!

Ever since this original "baggage", TD has been consistently making positive contributions to the region. He is a frequent commenter in the RA, he is a regular contributor to the Court, he writes for The Northern Lights. He recently became a Deputy Minister in our WA department, and even before that had been very helpful to me personally with regards to my WA voting and campaigning duties as delegate. He was a successful Assistant Attorney General, winning the case that was assigned to him, which we should remember is a rare feat in TNP. All these contributions warrant looking beyond this "baggage" in this election.

As for his "jumping ship" during the Durk case, that's hardly a unique incident. Kiw did the same in the past, when charges were brought against COE.

TD is more qualified than any of the other candidates, and possibly than most in the region, to be AG. Again, his record in the Court has shown that. This is what we should be looking at when deciding whom to vote for AG.

An attorney General 'jumping ship' to the defense is bad.

I will support a candidate who tells TNP "hey, I'm AG. What that means to me is that my job is to be the man/woman who will represent TNP in criminal cases. I don't care if my friends come before the court, I will fill my duties and prosecute all cases without bias."

Is that really too much to ask? I don't think so.

r3naissanc3r:
Ever since this original "baggage", TD has been consistently making positive contributions to the region. He is a frequent commenter in the RA, he is a regular contributor to the Court, he writes for The Northern Lights. He recently became a Deputy Minister in our WA department, and even before that had been very helpful to me personally with regards to my WA voting and campaigning duties as delegate. He was a successful Assistant Attorney General, winning the case that was assigned to him, which we should remember is a rare feat in TNP. All these contributions warrant looking beyond this "baggage" in this election.
I guess what is on the mind of people like me - is how genuine is his intent in these "positive" contributions to the region? I do not think Douria would be above making himself appear to be genuinely contributing to the region in order to get people to overlook his baggage for a more long term goal.

Obviously this isn't as significant for an election for AG, as GBM says, it would be more of a factor for other positions.

With the voting trend going currently as it is I do not understand why the electorate is voting someone in who was illegally admitted into the RA (Court decision) and who didn't resign and campaign to have the RA vote to overturn the previous rejection as is now a procedure and an avenue to proceed to get a 2nd chance, then reapply. Who also has questionable gameplay tactics and couper on their resume. Why they are voting someone like that in...no matter if it is a "lowly thankless unimportant position" like "AG" -- If people dont like the Candidates at least Reopen Nominations dont settle for a illegal RA member couper.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
If people dont like the Candidates at least Reopen Nominations dont settle for a illegal RA member couper.
I would point out that the RA has had, depending on who's counting, anywhere between five and ten people who qualify as "coupers" in its membership.

That title doesn't quite seem to be the slur you're hoping for.

I dont understand why folks who coup are welcomed with open arms. Maybe I still dont understand the game. But Couping And taking the delegacy from a dully elected offical, I think would make one a security risk. And if they have done it once or five times or hundreds of times clearly there is nothing preventing them from doing it again.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
And if they have done it once or five times or hundreds of times clearly there is nothing preventing them from doing it again.
That very much depends on the individual. Some people are unabashed and open about this - Mall and Durk, for example. Others are suspected of secretly harboring the same desires, and I think Douria is one such suspect for a lot of people. Still others present no future risk, because their actions were highly circumstantial. Depending on who you ask, I myself qualify in this category because I dissolved the government of Osiris in what some, at the time, labeled a coup.

Once you start to dig into things, you find that labels are very good at labeling people and things, but not so good at describing the truth of any matter.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
With the voting trend going currently as it is I do not understand why the electorate is voting someone in who was illegally admitted into the RA (Court decision) and who didn't resign and campaign to have the RA vote to overturn the previous rejection as is now a procedure and an avenue to proceed to get a 2nd chance, then reapply. Who also has questionable gameplay tactics and couper on their resume. Why they are voting someone like that in...no matter if it is a "lowly thankless unimportant position" like "AG" -- If people dont like the Candidates at least Reopen Nominations dont settle for a illegal RA member couper.
:tb3:

Maybe they prefer a couper to you? Or find his skill and ability to outweigh yours? Not to mention that there are other candidates in the race besides the two of you, so the electorate is not wanting for choices. Please though, continue not to find direct rejection of your style instructive in any way.

Dont worry I wont. People should stick to their guns and play the game and be able to express themselves the way they wish. Much like the addage IRL of just being yourself. Clearly if people cant accept you for you then they are not your friend and perhaps the fault lies with their own insecurities and not your own.

I have queitly been messaged by a few people interrested in supporting me, and I havent catered to anyone or changed my posting style I have just been myself. And hey if I dont win it isnt the end of the world I can try again next time.

But this campaign thread is about TD and not myself Mr. Donkeys.

You can express yourself how you wish, that is true. But it is another thing entirely to then whine that people aren't choosing you in an opponent's thread. ;)

TD has my support.

Edit: Oh, and it is not other people, it is you.

Did I say that? No. I wasnt whining because the TNP Insiders (TM) aren't picking me. I just so happen to be a candidate - but even if I weren't my opinion wouldnt change. It isnt any personal reasons, I have no personal opinion on Mr. TD/Douria..but he is illegally in the RA (court ruling) - so in my mind admitted illegally I dont feel should run, and I don't feel the RA should be electing someone who was illegally admitted into their ranks.

I said "If people dont like the Candidates at least Reopen Nominations dont settle for a illegal RA member couper."

There are other candidates then myself and TD. There is Stalin1953 and Chasmanthe running for re-election. If you don't like any of us - 'atleast vote to reopen noninations" instead of settling for an illegal RA member. That isnt me whining I am not being picked that is me whining an illegal RA member is being picked over anyone.

Also, DD, you must be projecting a bit over there to make up for your insecurities, you act like a snarky bully on here, maybe it is just for the lolz. If that is the case then fair enough. Often in my personal experiences though I find people act like bullies IRL and online to make up for any perceived lack of empowerment they feel in their day to day lives.

Chasmanthe:
According to Maxx Barry, declaration of where a candidate stands is a key feature in the concept of representative democracy, and if you remove this plank the house falls over. By making promises privately instead of publicly it is easier to get elected. Whether that makes me electable here or unaccountable we shall soon find out.
A little late to the party here but using Maxx (really hope the extra x is a typo) Barry as someone to quote on democratic theory is just a little bit silly.

Nierr:
Chasmanthe:
A little late to the party here but using Maxx (really hope the extra x is a typo) Barry as someone to quote on democratic theory is just a little bit silly.
Just a little bit, but is it silly enough?

Chasmanthe:
Nierr:
Chasmanthe:
Just a little bit, but is it silly enough?
You'd have to ask the resident expert on silliness, SillyString.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
Treize_Dreizehn:
Don't you have a campaign thread man?
We didnt have any AG debates this is the next best thing. I dont see you asking chasman if he has his own thread..oh wait..
I can't tell if you're serious or not, but I actually did earlier in this thread.

Back