The Temple of Flemingovia is now recruiting

Flemingovia

TNPer
-
-
Now that Flemingovianism is officially recognised as the state religion of TNP, there are some appointments that need to be made.

We are looking for:

Priests to serve the region

Augurs to predict the outcome of and guide the legislation of the region

inquisitors to root out heresy in the region

Chaplains to look after the moral and spiritual wellbeing of our troops, and to pray for them.

Apply here.

Donkeys Chapter 6:
In the year that Democracy died, I saw Flemingovia,
high and exalted, seated on a throne;
and the train of his robe filled the temple.

Above him were seraphim, each with six wings:
With two wings they covered their faces,
with two they covered their feet,
and with two they were flying.
And they were calling to one another:

"Holy, holy, holy is Flemingovia Almighty;
the whole region is full of his glory."

At the sound of their voices
the doorposts and thresholds shook
and the temple was filled with smoke.

"Woe to me!" I cried. "I am ruined!
For I am a donkey of unclean lips,
and I live among a people of unclean lips,
and my eyes have seen the King,
Flemingovia Almighty."

Then one of the seraphim flew to me
with a live coal in his hand,
which he had taken with tongs from the altar.
With it he touched my mouth and said,
"See, this has touched your lips;
your guilt is taken away and your sin atoned for."

Then I heard the voice of the Flemingovia saying,
"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?"

And I said, "Here am I. Send me!"

:worship:

I stand ready to serve, with purity and obedience, I will root out and destroy all heretics.

As a member of the NPA I feel I am in a position to become a Chaplain. We need to work with the NPA to install a Chaplain Corps. However, I am no conscientious objector. I am not afraid to get in the trenches with my fellow troopers and send TNPs enemies back to your pearly gates for judgement. Consider this my application.

Paulwall, when you changed your vote and voted against Flemingovianism becoming the state religion, you stated quite clearly that you would have preferred Flemingovianism not to be the state religion. You outlined that you were conflicted:

I was and still am conflicted on TNP having a role play state religion no matter what it is. Id much rather see it be voluntary amongst forumers who wish to participate in good fun and not nessicarily in our legal codes somewhere.

I am sorry, but i cannot in all good conscience expect you to go against your stated beliefs. Nor can I appoint chaplains who are conflicted in their discipleship. One who is so easily swayed by the guiles and arguments of Romanoffia perhaps ought to sit this one out.

I am very disheartened at this. True, it matters not to me if it is an offical state sponsored religion or not. I just want to be free to practice. And per my questions to you, we would still be free to practice with or without state recognition. - regardless of the vote. Have I not encouraged you to return since I came to TNP and found out about your holy religion? I have. And I have committed myself to be a devout follower. I want to sincerely be a flemite. I just grew tired of my friends fighting. But since the vote. Roman congratulated you and have not posted on this matter seemingly letting bygons be bygons. And clearing the path for open worship again.

If you don't want me in your clergy. I will be greatly disapointed but I understand. Perhaps in time I can earn your trust with my sincere devotion to the Flem-god and seek your approval.

As a longtime devotee of Flemingovianism, I would serve as whatever role you needed me in - Mighty and Benevolent Lord Flemingovia

Inquisitors to root out heresy in the region? Hell, that will be the region's biggest industry. Heresy, I mean. :P :lol: ;)

Can I be TNP's official #1`Heretic?

Romanoffia:
Inquisitors to root out heresy in the region? Hell, that will be the region's biggest industry. Heresy, I mean. :P :lol: ;)

No.

The position of anti-Pope has already been claimed.

Gracius Maximus:
Romanoffia:

No.

The position of anti-Pope has already been claimed.
Ah! Very good!

I give my absolute support to the Anti-Pope!

I do have to say, this is going to be a lot of fun as it is vaguely reminiscent of Hippolytus of Rome or Benedict XIII. I like it! :clap:

So, you think you have what it takes to visit the homes of the ungodly, knock on the door and offer them pamphlets?

Welcome to the inquisition, Church of Satan.

PaulWallLibertarian42, I have had a rethink and a change of heart. Welcome on board as Chaplain General to the NPA(F)*.

* if the bill currently at vote passes.

Lajikstan:
flemingovia:
Lajikstan, welcome.

I will have a think about how you can best be used.
What shall I be used for, Lord Flemingovia?
I have a vacancy for chaplain general in the NPAF, if you are interested.

Alternatively, you could back up DD in the inquisition. I hope to set him to work after the summer break seeking out the ungodly.

My Lord Flemingovia,

I feel that I can and should serve the Temple of Flemingovia more than I have. I leave it to your better judgement as to where I would fit in the Flemingovian hierarchy and church.

Lord Flemingovia,

I would like to serve you and TNP the best I know how. Will you honor my soul and bestow me the honor of being a Priest of Flemingovianism?

I would like to be ordained as a Priestess of the Holy Temple of Flemingovia, if our holy lord would allow it.

thank you, artemis. I will bear your desire to be a priestess in mind. I am planning a reformation of the church of Flemingovia in February. I am sure you will be called on during that reformation.

I devote my self to the Flemingovia. I have made my national religion Flemingovianism, and much more and it seems you are looking for priests for this region. So I request the mighty Flemingovia, if I can become a Priest of the Flemingovia Church of The North Pacific.

Edit: Discard this.

Last edited:
O' mighty Flemingovia, I devote my self to Flemingovianism and wish to become the new Chaplain General of the North Pacific Army. I have had Flemingovianism as my nation's religion since June 2018 and have appreciated the only true one. I have been in the North Pacific Army for a year and two months and rank an Officer rank of Captain. I noticed your former Chaplain Generals are no longer with us (in terms of being in NPA and reside in the region) and want to help reform the Chaplain Corps of the NPA once again by regaining members and more influence in the NPA but only with your blessings. I recongize Flemingovianism as the official regonial religion. If I were here for that vote, I would had voted Aye. So I petition to you to become the Chaplain General.

@Flemingovia

Note: Sorry for the double post and gravedigging. I only gravedigged since I found this still relevant.

Dear flemingovia (<---your own capilization choice you'll recall),

Once again I submit, as I've begun to learn, as, of course, You intendended.

Anywho.

I'd like to apply for the position of augur, pay negotiable, no cheques accepted, and, as proof of my bonafides, I humbly submit the following prognistications, gained from consulting my 8-ball:

1. Trump will win a second term.

2. The Transcension humanity will occur within, indeed, the next 100 years.

3. You will forgive the Mother at some point in the not too distant future... she is your daughter after all.

Addenda: Transcension currently in progress. Exquisite.

Have a most happy marriage, Flem!

Also: happy first birthday! Welcome back, o lord!

Back