The North Pacific Navy Bill

Grosseschnauzer:
I'm sorry but at some point we need to show respect for our history and traditions. The NPA is an honored body and tradition of TNP, amd if you want a navy then create a separate body. But I will not support such a disrepectful insult to TNP history.
I would argue that it is the current NPA that does not show respect for our history and traditions, but there you go.

Things evolve and change. In taxonomy there is a recognition that sometimes organisms evolve to the point where a new nomenclature is warranted. I think the North Pacific Army has evolved (or devolved) to the point where a new nomenclature would actually be useful and warranted. This is not to insult what has gone before. It is to respect our history.

I would be VERY opposed to another separate military body. It takes enough energy to keep just one going.

flemingovia:
Grosseschnauzer:
I'm sorry but at some point we need to show respect for our history and traditions. The NPA is an honored body and tradition of TNP, amd if you want a navy then create a separate body. But I will not support such a disrepectful insult to TNP history.
I would argue that it is the current NPA that does not show respect for our history and traditions, but there you go.

Things evolve and change. In taxonomy there is a recognition that sometimes organisms evolve to the point where a new nomenclature is warranted. I think the North Pacific Army has evolved (or devolved) to the point where a new nomenclature would actually be useful and warranted. This is not to insult what has gone before. It is to respect our history.

I would be VERY opposed to another separate military body. It takes enough energy to keep just one going.
Oh, stercis tauri (BS, in Latin).

There is no point in changing the taxonomy. It's just a feel-good measure and produces no meaningful increase in efficiency or function of the NPA. Such a change is pointless.

You need a certain amount of continuity in terms of 'tradition' and not random change in taxonomy. It's like political correctness: He's not dead, he's life-sign challenged. Either way, the bugger is dead.

Frankly, I'm a bit nauseas at this constant call for change for the sake of change because we need change because change is good and anyone who doesn't want change for the sake of change is a traditionalist reactionary conservative nimwit.

While were at it, perhaps we should change "Raider" to "Transitional Liberationists" and "Defender" to "Nontraditional Liberationists."

flemingovia:
Yes. He can be a bit of a twat sometimes.
Sometimes? I am truly offended. You should have said, all the time. I haven't been likened to female genitalia since I was in grade school and they used a stronger Anglo-Saxon anatomical reference than that.

Back on topic........

Think of all the problems that would arise if we changed the NPA to the NPN. I mean, Blue Wolf would have to change his name to Sea Wolf and then we'd have to make him captain of a U-Boat. And then TRR would have to make Unibot Captain of the RMS Lusitania. And then we'd be in for some serious shit.

PaulWallLibertarian42:
He could command a vessel with rank of REAR admiral
The concept of a rear admiral has some rather homoerotic connotations - not that that's necessarily a bad thing :P

Can I suggests the questions in the rank stuff need to be sorted out before this goes to vote?

I do not think the NPN needs more than five ranks:

Ordinary Seaman
Able Seaman
Lieutenant
Commander
Admiral

And write in the opportunity for the NPN to introduce additional ranks as needed.

I'm against this bill because it overwrites what we already have, it doesn't respect continuity and Tradition. I find myself in agreement with Romanoffia, Blue Wolf II and Grosseschnauzer.

flemingovia:
Can I suggests the questions in the rank stuff need to be sorted out before this goes to vote?

I do not think the NPN needs more than five ranks:

Ordinary Seaman
Able Seaman
Lieutenant
Commander
Admiral

And write in the opportunity for the NPN to introduce additional ranks as needed.
What about the british traditions?

We need a MASTER AND COMMANDER rank:

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E794rTPa4nA[/video]

If BWII is going to be a Captain as Roman suggests or as I suggest he should be a REAR Admiral.

Gladio can be Russell Crowe.

Are you suggesting we make Russell Crowe an official rank in the North Pacific Navy?

In other news, I fully support this.

I changed my vote from abstain to nay, because the Minister of Defense voted nay. If I see evidence that his preference is in the small minority of the military, I will may change back to abstain, or even aye.

Basically, I think that the theme of the military should be whatever the military wants it to be, not the RA. This isn't a matter of how TNP is represented, or the ethical direction of the military. This is just about how the military represents themselves, and what they'll have the most fun with. I think we ought to defer to them.

I think I see the answer. Has anyone seen the film "the Dictator"?

We should call the head of the military "The Supreme Leader, Admiral General Gladio"

Then we get the best of both worlds.

This really should have been thoroughly discussed in the NPA before anything went to vote.

I am against it.

The NPN serves at the pleasure of the Regional Assembly. If members of our armed forces wish to discuss the matter there has been plenty of opportunity in this thread. This is the proper place for such discussions.

Admiral general Gladio, flem youre a genious.

We can have the NPAN and every trooper/sailor will carry army and navy ranks concurrently.

I.E. Admiral-General

Seaman-Private

Petty Officer 1st - Corporal

Lieutenant Commander-Major

Etc. ;)

Back