TNP vs H&H

Who else has been following this rare occurrence in TNP? An actual trial I mean. Will we make it through arguments before the Justices resign? Or new ones are elected?

I have personally enjoyed the back-and-forth of the respective sides of this trial, the pettiness especially. I saw that there was not a commentary thread on this Judicial firecracker, so here we are. :tb2:

I almost thought Gaspo had returned in the form of Mall with the whole late objection thingy. ;)

Mall would have won his argument had Gaspo been justice....no doubt...

I'm glad common sense prevailed.

I've known Mall for a couple years. As soon as I saw he was going to be the defense counsel... I knew we'd have a fun time. Glad it's been as entertaining for the rest of y'all as it is for us.

Treize_Dreizehn:
Democratic Donkeys:
Oh, I forgot to add the option of the Prosecutor losing their position for being illegally admitted to the RA. :P
Boy would THAT be hilarious and troublesome.
On the other hand, thanks to changes made to the Legal Code relatively recently, you could keep prosecuting the case as a non-deputy. So there's that at least. :P

It's nice watching a case where barbs are being traded in court and that doesn't have to mean the combatants, er, litigators need to sully things up and take things personally.

Courts are more fun when the court fighting is heightened but people don't take it so seriously outside the courtroom.

I'm very anxious to see how the court rules in this case.

Not guilty. My belief is that H&H's banjection was a 'just in case' scenario. Not a real threat imo. Unfortunate for him/her. Or not, since they apparently didn't give a flying frig. :rofl:

Remind me the next time someone comes to me wishing to coup TNP, to actually help them instead of trying to help this government. You have proven today that you ACTIVELY welcome threats and refuse to deal with them seriously. I can't believe I risked my standing in the raider community for this. For my allies to spit on the evidence I bring them and say "Not enough." I'm sorry that I tried to help your region, I truly am.

Venico:
Remind me the next time someone comes to me wishing to coup TNP, to actually help them instead of trying to help this government. You have proven today that you ACTIVELY welcome threats and refuse to deal with them seriously. I can't believe I risked my standing in the raider community for this. For my allies to spit on the evidence I bring them and say "Not enough." I'm sorry that I tried to help your region, I truly am.
Take that! You thought you could come here and get justice? :horror:

I will personally never bring intelligence or information regarding TNP's security to this government ever again.

Venico:
Provide irrefutable evidence next time. Obviously, there are litigators that see thru BS here. Saying you will help coupers makes you one of them. :duh:

I didn't help the couper and I was reprimanded for it. I won't make that mistake again.

This isn't BS, this was a serious threat that TNP is now welcoming back in.

Venico:
I didn't help the couper and I was reprimanded for it. I won't make that mistake again.

Ok.. in case you're right, what would be a reasonable course of action for TNP? I think we have threats within, help us weed out the threats without. Honest question.

Sometimes you have to play along to get more evidence. Venico did so with my blessing and I am disappointed that he feels let down by this process. I also feel let down by it, obviously it is ideal to have a telegram from the nation directly to prove their involvement but that isn't always possible.

Thank you for being a friend to TNP.

falapatorius:
Venico:

Ok.. in case you're right, what would be a reasonable course of action for TNP? I think we have threats within, help us weed out the threats without. Honest question.
A reasonable course of action would be to not tolerate nations who express intent to coup your government. You now have the precedent that if you want to plan a coup and try to bring in outside help, just use skype and a puppet nation. The higher you hold the bar for treason the easier it is for people to walk under it. You expect IPs in a day and age when bouncers are so common and easy to use it isn't even funny. You expect a telegram from the main nation when no one is dumb enough to use it for plotting. Oh and make sure to reference lots of "public knowledge" figures so you can leave the cop out that someone was impersonating.

The more the Judicial system disarms the executive branch from protecting the region the more likely we are to have more Durks and Dalis.

Venico:
A reasonable course of action would be to not tolerate nations who express intent to coup your government. You now have the precedent that if you want to plan a coup and try to bring in outside help, just use skype and a puppet nation. The higher you hold the bar for treason the easier it is for people to walk under it. You expect IPs in a day and age when bouncers are so common and easy to use it isn't even funny. You expect a telegram from the main nation when no one is dumb enough to use it for plotting. Oh and make sure to reference lots of "public knowledge" figures so you can leave the cop out that someone was impersonating.

The more the Judicial system disarms the executive branch from protecting the region the more likely we are to have more Durks and Dalis.
I agree, but how will we know who to let in? Should we not let anyone in? Not very democratic. Anyone could coup. I think we should give a little leash, then pull when we need to. A mad dog is a mad dog cause no one corrected him.

Simple, you don't hold a ridiculously high standard for treason. I'm not saying you should shut down the region and only let a trusted few gain endorsements. But when someone actively TRIES to coup they should be dealt with accordingly and barred from the region for a reasonable time.

Hell you couldn't even convict Durk of treason.

Venico:
Simple, you don't hold a ridiculously high standard for treason. I'm not saying you should shut down the region and only let a trusted few gain endorsements. But when someone actively TRIES to coup they should be dealt with accordingly and barred from the region for a reasonable time.

Haha, I'm guessing Durk is on your list. Tbh tho, until he acts up here, no one can do anything. Unless the name Durk itself is bannable. Don't think so. Your concerns may be valid, but I hope you can see we can't just take anyone's word for it. :shrug:

The SC had spoken go H&H on multiple occasions about his endo level and his tarting. I think he was pretty set on what he wanted to achieve. I simply wish he had just admitted his guilt :P

falapatorius:
Venico:

Haha, I'm guessing Durk is on your list. Tbh tho, until he acts up here, no one can do anything. Unless the name Durk itself is bannable. Don't think so. Your concerns may be valid, but I hope you can see we can't just take anyone's word for it. :shrug:
Durk has already couped this region twice and he was never convicted despite banning thousands of nations :P

You...you do realize Durk HAS couped the region right? Twice? I love Durk but after you coup a GCR (twice) they should generally kick you out. You don't see Milo and Sedge welcomed in TSP or Empire in TEP. I don't expect you to take my word for it, I expect you to do something to protect your region and to make good on evidence provided to you.

I see no reason why I should ever hand over security intel that risks my standing and my neck to TNP ever again.

mcmasterdonia:
falapatorius:
Venico:

Durk has already couped this region twice and he was never convicted despite banning thousands of nations :P
Durk may have couped TNP, and got away with it, but what are we supposed to do? Convict retroactively? I'd say be smarter next time.

Back