Blue Wolf II

A Wolf Most Blue
-
TNP Nation
Blue_Wolf_II
TYR'S HAND PARTY OF THE NORTH PACIFIC​
2nk4g3.png

Preface

The recent division within the region regarding the direction the North Pacific Army has adopted over these last few months has given me great cause for concern. Increasingly I am coming to believe that the policies of the North Pacific Army should be Centralist, and not take one side or another in the so called "Defender/Raider" conflict. However, as a General in the NPA, I have seen our Army being sidelined, restricted, or otherwise abused depending entirely on who is Delegate at the moment. Under Eluvatar, who is pro-defender, the North Pacific Army was all but forbidden from being able to raid, even for training purposes, and our ranks suffered in terms of interest and experience. Under Jamie, who is increasingly neutral, the North Pacific Army was hardly allowed to do anything, and slid into inactivity. Only under Delegates, such as McMaster, who allowed the North Pacific Army to practice its full abilities legally granted to them by the Legal Code, has NPA been able to truly be an active and practical force, able to protect our region and our allies against threats. But what will happen when a new Delegate takes over? Will the NPA be subject to the whimsies of a new administration that might not have the NPA's best interests in mind, or will we form an identity that unifies and defines the North Pacific Army?

With this in mind, I am forming the Tyr's Hand Party of The North Pacific. The main purpose of this party is to ensure that the North Pacific Army continues to exist, maintain high levels of activity, be well trained in all forms of Nationstates Military Gameplay, conducts itself with honor, and has a sense of purpose and meaning that extends well beyond the term of one Delegate or the next. As such, I propose that the main platform of this new party be the following:

Tyr's Hand Political Platform:

Centralist
-Tyr's Hand believes that the North Pacific Army should be Centralist and loyal to The North Pacific and its allies first. We believe that actions such as raids, defenses, and liberations are merely tools used to keep our forces active, well trained, and well prepared to fight should the need arise. Tyr's Hand believes The North Pacific and its Army should never take a side in the Defender/Raider conflict and simply remain loyal to our region and our allies instead.

Diplomatic
-Tyr's Hand believes that it is within The North Pacific's best interests to form as many connections and alliances with other regions as we can. Military treaties are highly sought after, but any treaty that will advance the interests and power of The North Pacific will always be welcomed by Tyr's Hand.

Military Relations
-Try's Hand believes The North Pacific should maintain and expand military relations with any friendly region with an active military so long as they respect The North Pacific Army Doctrine as defined by the legal code while on joint missions with the North Pacific Army.

Military Openness
-Tyr's Hand believes that the North Pacific Army should advertise and notify the public of all it’s military operations in order to be more transparent and more accountable and also to increase awareness and recruitment.

Military independence
-It is the opinion of Tyr's Hand that the North Pacific Army should have operational independence with effective oversight. This means that the North Pacific Army has control of its own affairs on a day to day basis, with oversight being provided by the Minister of Defence, and that the Regional Assembly shall only intervene when extraordinary circumstances present themselves, such as a breach of law or operational professionalism.

Regional Independence
-Tyr's Hand believes that the region of The North Pacific must maintain its regional identity and independence in all manners relating, but not limited, to general alliances, military partnerships, regional agreements, and organizational treaties. It is our believe that an action that requires The North Pacific to give up some of its military control or personal freedoms is entirely unacceptable.

Membership:
In order to obtain membership, for the time being, simply post the following:

I, [TNP identity], identify and sympathize with the stated goals of Tyr's Hand Party and wish to become a member.

The Future

From here on in, Tyr's Hand will be run upon consensus. It's members will decide it's direction, and not some pre-established elite. All viewpoints are subject to change and/or expansion. Those changes will be updated in this thread.

Current Membership Rolls

12 APR 2014

Blue Wolf II
Gladio
Chasmanthe
Crushing Our Enemies
Aneurin

13 APR 2014

King Durk the Awesome

27APR2014
Abacathea

Current Proposals

General Election Nominations

Delegate
Romanoffia (Chasmanthe)
Kiwi (Crushing Our Enemies, Gladio)

Vice Delegate
Abacathea (Blue Wolf II, Gladio)

Speaker

Proposal to End TNP-TRR Relations

Text of Proposal: Pending the election of Unibot as delegate of TRR, Tyr's Hand pledges to close relations with The Rejected Realms, including but not limited to: closure of gameworld embassy, closure of forum embassies, and a declaration of Unibot as persona non grata in The North Pacific.

Aye
Chasmanthe
Crushing Our Enemies
Abacathea
Gladio
Blue Wolf II

Nay

I, Aneurin, identify and sympathize with the stated goals of Tyr's Hand Party and wish to become a member.

BW: I hope you chose "bite the hand that feeds" as a slogan just because it sounds cool, and not as a statement of intent.

About the general idea, it sounds great and I could even think of joining, but I won't since it seems to promote dissociation of the army from the region.

You also don't define what you understand by "honor", but maybe you have to explain to party members that the honourable thing to do, and also the best way to keep high morale and training, is doing this:

2r4ol7m.png

... With a ghost TBR mate we didn't know and we didn't really need, but once we left the region he called more of his mates and took it for themselves.

Anyway, you probably don't care about that, but you probably do care about the next Delegate. And if the term limits amendment fails, there is a small possibility that it could be me... In that case, I don't want you to get me wrong; I'm no defender and I don't want raids necessarily to stop... Looking back, I have nice memories of the TGGR raid, and the prestige of holding Warzones is undeniable... So I would give you plenty of leeway.

Good luck biting hands, mates! Hail TNP and the North Pacific Army.

flemingovia:
All of you have been added to the membership roles.

I think you mean "rolls".
No, I mean "roles". You see Flem, this is the first step of my master plan to destroy the English language. Three different ways to spell one word that sounds exactly the same? "There", "their", and "they're"? HA! From now on there will be one way to spell all three that will mean exactly the same thing as the current versions depending entirely on the context. Oh, and we're going to spell it "thare". We're also going to remove all unneeded "u"'s from British English.

One hundred years from now we will be able to trace this exact moment as when the English language that we know was destroyed and "English: Modern Simplified" takes its place!

But I digress.

Lennart:
About the general idea, it sounds great and I could even think of joining, but I won't since it seems to promote dissociation of the army from the region.

Quite the contrary. Tyr's Hand is a party that aligns itself directly with NPA interests and yet votes on Regional Assembly issues. There is no "dissociation", instead what Tyr's Hand does is form a voter bloc of pro-Centralist, pro-NPA players. If anything I would call that integration, not dissociation.

You also don't define what you understand by "honor", but maybe you have to explain to party members that the honourable thing to do, and also the best way to keep high morale and training, is doing this:

2r4ol7m.png

Ah, now we're going slightly into the debate of if North Pacific Army should be allowed to raid or not. Tyr's Hand is a Centralist party, so of course we support all forms of Military Gameplay, defenses and raids alike. I personally am not interested in debating the merits of how "honorable" that particular operation was, perhaps one of the other Party members would like to do that, but I will note that the operation fell entirely within the guidelines set for the NPA by the Regional Assembly.

What that seems to suggest is, at least by the Regional Assembly's standard, the operation was in fact honorable.

Blue Wolf II:
flemingovia:
All of you have been added to the membership roles.

I think you mean "rolls".
No, I mean "roles". You see Flem, this is the first step of my master plan to destroy the English language. Three different ways to spell one word that sounds exactly the same? "There", "their", and "they're"? HA! From now on there will be one way to spell all three that will mean exactly the same thing as the current versions depending entirely on the context. Oh, and we're going to spell it "thare".

One hundred years from now we will be able to trace this exact moment as when the English language that we know was destroy and "English: Modern Simplified" takes its place!

But I digress.
I think Noah Webster pretty much destroyed the language in 1828.

Lennart:

2r4ol7m.png

... With a ghost TBR mate we didn't know and we didn't really need, but once we left the region he called more of his mates and took it for themselves.
Hey Lenny :)

Am I missing some of the facts here? I just re-read the Scotland Raid thread and I'm having trouble squaring your above comment with this one:
Cassius:
TBR had no stake in the planning of the operation, they merely provided a single updater at my request prior to the actual raid, to better increase our chances of success. After the capture, the TBR unit left. The region is now being held by TNP and UIAF forces, the only other units deployed being militia from the Green-Black Concordat. TBR was nonetheless credited in the WFE on agreement between myself and the TNP commander, Gladio, as recognition for the aid they provided, even though that aid was not actually necessary.
I would not say it's categorically dishonorable to invade a region with a greater number of endorsers than the native delegate has, honor is qualitative and can never be quantitative. Scotland prides itself on being an oft-invaded region. The question of honor depends upon what code it is being measured against, and if we take a look at the NPA Doctrine and consider what the NPA did in Scotland, I think they pass.

The self-congratulatory posts on the RMB were clearly designed to boost morale and increase the honor of TNP. Put yourself in their shoes and imagine how you would have conducted it better. The best way to start doing that is to join.

I really thought this was a Game of Thrones reference thread.

Apparently not...moving out...

/threadjack

Thanks for the kind offer to join guys. I could not agree more with the platform that you are both running. If I am delegate these principles will definitely be something I keep in mind.

That said, I have ebbed away from party politics in TNP for a while and do not quite want to return there yet. :) Perhaps sometime in the future.

I bring to the table two motions:

1. I motion that we open nominations for whom Tyr's Hand will officially support in the upcoming delegate elections. A second to this motion will bring forth said nominations.

2. I motion that Tyr's Hand adopt a policy pushing for an end of relations with The Rejected Realms should they elect Unibot, who has on several actively opposed everything Tyr's Hand represents, as their delegate. A second to this motion will bring forth a vote.

Do I hear a second to either motions?

Blue Wolf II:
I bring to the table two motions:

1. I motion that we open nominations for whom Tyr's Hand will officially support in the upcoming delegate elections. A second to this motion will bring forth said nominations.

2. I motion that Tyr's Hand adopt a policy pushing for an end of relations with The Rejected Realms should they elect Unibot, who has on several actively opposed everything Tyr's Hand represents, as their delegate. A second to this motion will bring forth a vote.

Do I hear a second to either motions?
Second

(Proposed) Policy on TRR:
Pending the election of Unibot as delegate of TRR, Tyr's Hand pledges to close relations with The Rejected Realms, including but not limited to: closure of gameworld embassy, closure of forum embassies, and a declaration of Unibot as persona non grata in The North Pacific.

I hereby nominate the Romanoffian Dynasty of Novare Res (Romanoffia) to be the candidate our party will support in the upcoming elections for the position of Delegate of The North Pacific.

Roman isn't a member but I trust him. Furthermore, he's a centralist, and his platform is compatible with the aims of Tyr's Hand.

Got to love EW's "centrism".

Defender? Protest their election, drop the embassy and declare them personna non grata! *rolls his eyes*

It's not because you're a defender. It's because you are poison to feeder communities and military relations in general.

EDIT: And since when is Frat not a defender?

Crazy Girl is a defender as well, however, CG never came to TNP and tried actively to force extremist Defenderism upon the NPA. Nor did CG ever try to sneak "A Proposal to Restore Honour to the North Pacific Army and the Region Thereof" past the RA to declare NPA a Defender Army. Nor was CG involved in a spying scandal involving an active leak of NPA intel to a Defender organization she ran. Nor did she ever attempt to cover up such a scandal. Nor did she ever try to convince TNP citizens to vote to recall NPA forces from a region while not even being a citizen in TNP.

I'd say Tyr's Hand has plenty of reasons to push for this, but first, we need to vote on it and see if we accept it as a policy.

He's a troublemaker that I personally feel TNP should be isolated from.

TRR has the right to elect an ueberdefender as its delegate, if it so chooses, but we can choose not to maintain relations with what we view as a threat.

I'll vote for.

I'd vote aye on the suggested policy towards TRR.

Regarding a delegate endorsement, I think Kiwi's platform is most similar to ours, of the declared candidates so far.

Blue Wolf II:
Crazy Girl is a defender as well, however, CG never came to TNP and tried actively to force extremist Defenderism upon the NPA. Nor did CG ever try to sneak "A Proposal to Restore Honour to the North Pacific Army and the Region Thereof" past the RA to declare NPA a Defender Army. Nor was CG involved in a spying scandal involving an active leak of NPA intel to a Defender organization she ran. Nor did she ever attempt to cover up such a scandal. Nor did she ever try to convince TNP citizens to vote to recall NPA forces from a region while not even being a citizen in TNP.

I'd say Tyr's Hand has plenty of reasons to push for this, but first, we need to vote on it and see if we accept it as a policy.
That proposal had the support of Roman and Ator - that was like 3/5 of the cabinet at the time. You act like I'm the only one who was involved: because clearly the only person in The North Pacific who wanted to see The North Pacific return to not attacking random regions was me. :eyeroll:

Likewise, I was not involved in a "spying scandal" - I had no part in Ravania's actions and it was not an organized "leak". No one ordered Ravania to do anything.

Furthermore, you're overlooking the fact of why Ravania leaked. Why did Ravania leak, "Blue" Wolf? Because he was the spawn of Satan? Oh yeah, because someone ordered the North Pacific Army to switch sides mid-occupation - destroying the interregional trust in the region's army. This isn't a "centrist" party. It's an extreme raiderist party. You're going after defenders like a lynch mob and covering up your own mistakes. The only person who has put The North Pacific Army seriously at risk is you, Evil Wolf. You got greedy - you got the delegacy and immediately ordered the army to switch from helping the region to occupying it and helping The Black Hawks. No surprise to see a former Black Hawks Commander, plus an active Lone Wolves United invader cheering on your reckless oversight of the North Pacific Army.

Honestly, my focus is not you - if I'm elected my focus is on helping to organize, rebuild and lead the region that has trusted me with the job.

Unibot doesn't see this party as centrist because he does not believe there is a center. Any philosophy that allows for raiding is extremist in Unibot-world.

Blue Wolf II:

This made me laugh. How well do you know CG?

But what will happen when a new Delegate takes over? Will the NPA be subject to the whimsies of a new administration that might not have the NPA's best interests in mind, or will we form an identity that unifies and defines the North Pacific Army?

It is the opinion of Tyr's Hand that the North Pacific Army should have operational independence with effective oversight. This means that the North Pacific Army has control of its own affairs on a day to day basis, with oversight being provided by the Minister of Defence, and that the Regional Assembly shall only intervene when extraordinary circumstances present themselves, such as a breach of law or operational professionalism.

I have read the parties platform and am sympathetic to about 90-95% of it being a Private in the NPA Aux, I do want what is best for the organization. I have been approached by members to join this party. But I have hang ups with about 5-10% of the platform which I have highlighted, that at present prevents me from joining.

By reading these statements it seems Tyr's Hand wants the NPA to operate on its own terms divorced from the delegate and the region (but wants to have the intrests of the region at heart)

I feel much like IRL, The Delegate is the commander in Chief of the NPA, while the MoD maintains operational day to day control, but that ultimate approval or say so of matters of deploying troops should lie soley at the say so of the Delegate. While the NPA reserves the right to act independently and internally on its day to day comings and goings, I feel that operations should be green lighted by the delegate. I feel the NPA and MoD serves at the behest and the pleasure of the Delegate and his or her "whims", and the People of TNP. So at present while I may agree with most of what this party stands for, as the platform is written I cannot in good conscious join. If someone wishes to expand upon their platform and expand upon what they mean by not being subject to whatever whims the delegate has, I am all ears. Thx.

I've been away. Aren't we all going to vote for the same candidate? If so, who is the candidate we have a consensus for?

We can make the party more effective if we have a unified approach to the election.

The party hasn't endorsed any candidates at this point. I think we were a little disorganized this time around. We should come up with a formal endorsement process that's efficient and quick so we can be better prepared next election cycle.

EDIT: Perhaps just come up with criteria for automatic endorsement. Platform requirements, military service, etc. Then, the leader of the party could compile a list of candidates that meet the endorsement requirements and PM/telegram party members when nominations are closed to ask for objections. If a candidate received too many objections, they'd be removed from the list, and then the party would formally endorse those remaining. Thoughts?

Alternatively, we could elect a team of party leaders in advance of each election who will determine the party's endorsement among themselves, for added speed.

Back