The North Pacific v. Grosseschnauzer

Hileville

TNPer
TNP Nation
Hileville
Discord
Dennrick#0489
The Court of the North Pacific is now in session and will hear the case of The North Pacific v. Grosseschnauzer as filed by the Attorney General here.

Indictment:
arms.png

Indictment
In the name of the nations of The North Pacific, an indictment under The North Pacific Legal Code is filed against Grosseschnauzer, alleging the defendant did defraud one, Kingborough, on November 1, 2012 when he stated:
Grosseschnauzer:
fraudulent comments
No, I simply followed the precedent of John Hancock when he signed the Declaration of Independence.

I blieve you are aiding a coup d'etat by your actions, and I will continue to seek to have respect given to speech or continue to challenge you illegitimate behavior untl you do.

I refuse to be bullied by your tactics Kingborough, I wonder what Tim has promised you to aid in his coup against the elected Delegate. (It's clear by who is voting and what way that this is a pre-planned manuever, and I will do everything I have to do to derail it.
The defendant claimed that Kingborough was aiding a coup d’etat of another Regional Assembly member Tim. The office contends that Tim was not, in fact, attempting a coup and that Grosseschnauzer defrauded the former Speaker in making claims which had no basis in fact.
The defendant continued further by opining that Tim offered Kingborough something in order to aide Tim in his quest to coup the region. by not allowing the defendant to vote in a manner that was inconsistent with the rules established by Kingborough.

Grosseschnauzer is hereby charged with committing the following act as defined by the Legal Code:
Section 1.4.10: Fraud
10. Fraud is defined as an intentional deception, by falsehood or omission, made for some benefit or to damage another individual.
Pursuant to Chapter 3, Section 3.3, Clause 11, of the Legal Code, which states that "[a]ny Justice may approve or deny an indictment, and their decision will be final," this indictment is respectfully submitted for judicial approval.

Sincerely,

Punk Daddy
Attorney General of The North Pacific
Representing the North Pacific will be Iro, Attorney General.
Representing the Defendant will be Eluvatar and r3nnaissancer, Attorney's for the Defendant.

Presiding over this case will be Hileville, Chief Justice and Trial Moderator, Belschaft, Justice, and Gaspo, Justice.

The Defendant is charged with Fraud. The Defendant has 48 hours to enter a plea, at that time if no pleas is entered a default plea of "Not Guilty" will be entered for the Defendant. Furthermore, the Defendant is requested to notify the court as to who will be serving as their Attorney. If they do not do so then they will be listed as representing themselves, though they may alter this at any time. After this period has elapsed we will move into pretrial motions and the evidence discovery phase.

Grosseschnauzer, how do you plead?

Timetable and notes:
Timetable

Pretrial Motions: January 2nd @ 12:00am EST to January 5th @ 12:00am EST
Evidence Discovery: January 5th @ 12:00am EST to January 9th @ 12:00am EST

On behalf of Grosseschnauzer, who r3nnaissancer and I are representing, I would like to file a plea: Grosseschnauzer pleads NOT GUILTY to the charges of Fraud presented.

The prosecution would like to make a motion to recess until such time as the full court can address the concerns raised by defense and prosectuion (pending) with respect to procedural rules.

I object to this extraneous person's presence in these chambers! Kingborough does not represent the plaintiff, The North Pacific, in this proceeding, as far as I have been informed, and if he does, the defense team should have been informed.

Your Honor, for the sake of justice, I would like to request we end the recess and reopen the case.

Thank you. The prosecution approves of the timetable, but requests that the name of the prosecutor be changed to reflect the recent events.

The Court Holiday Recess is over and the timetable as stated in the first post has begun. This is now the Pretrial Motion phase of the trial and will last until January 5th @ 12:00am EST.

The prosecution will call the following witnesses, all of which have agreed to testify:

Kingborough
Tim
Flemingovia

I would like to request a 12 hour extension of the pretrial motions period as nearly the entire pretrial motions period fell on weekdays, limiting my ability to defend my client. We are also waiting for information from Grosseschnauzer crucial for his defense.

On full consideration, the defense would like to ask for a recess until such time as this review is settled as we cannot finalize our witness list until clarification on that issue is received.

This office does not have have a problem with defense's request. How the court answers will influence a number of present and future cases.

I'm sorry if I do not understand, but I do not see a ruling made... what is the status of the decision and/or the defense's position on continuing?

The Court is working diligently on clearing our backlog of reviews. Any review that is pertinent to a trial is top priority and as soon as we come to a decision it will be posted immediately.

Your honor, the prosecution understands the heavy inflow the Court is experiencing, but could we receive, perhaps, an estimation of the time that is left in this waiting period?

I'm going to interject here to note that the reason for the wait is that the defendant has taken a leave of absence, mostly, from the forums due to RL health issues. I am quite confident in stating that it is the policy of this court never to prosecute someone in absentia purely due to RL health reasons - to do so would be absurd.

Be patient, Iro. It's a game.

:) Thanks Gaspo. I was not referring to the waiting for the defendant and in fact had no idea of anything happening on the part of Grosse. I was referring to the review that the defense had requested, and I would like to make clear that I would and have never made a problem for someone due to an RL issue. That is absurd, truly.

I believed the reason was for the review, but now that it's not, I will sit tight. Thanks for the update.

At the request of my superior, I would like to inquire if anyone is aware of Grosse's status or if he's back at all.

If not, totally okay with waiting. Just trying to gauge the status.

Back