Acknowledgement of Absence

Its great to have you back Elu! We've all missed you and its good to have you around again, #TNP isn't the same without you :)

Hileville:
It is great to see you back and that you are okay. TNP really isn't the same place without you.

r3naissanc3r:
Welcome back Elu.

Kingborough:
Its great to have you back Elu! We've all missed you and its good to have you around again, #TNP isn't the same without you :)

Thank you Hileville, r3n, and Kingborough, your kind words are very much appreciated. :tb2:

I'll deal with IRC sometime today.

Govindia:
Eluvatar:
Great Bights Mum:
So nice to see you again. :hug:

Romanoffia:
Glad to see you back and still in one piece!

Thank you :hug: :bunny:
Well Elu? What happened to cause you to have an unannounced absence that nearly put the region in jeopardy?
He has made it quite clear that he has revealed all he intends to publicly. If he so desires to provide more detail to people in private then I have no doubt he will, but you repeatedly badgering him to reveal all in public is going to achieve nothing but to annoy him.

Govindia:
Well Elu? What happened to cause you to have an unannounced absence that nearly put the region in jeopardy?
Well Govindia, perhaps you'd like to stop trying to intrude on RL Details that Eluvatar obviously doesn't seem to plan to disclose?

I'm going to go one step further and say that if Govindia persists in needling Elu for private information, I am going to consider it a reportable offense subject to mod warning.

I'm glad you weren't imprisoned, Elu.

Good luck avoiding the police in the future, though. :)

If I can ever be of assistance, do let me know.

Great Bights Mum:
I'm going to go one step further and say that if Govindia persists in needling Elu for private information, I am going to consider it a reportable offense subject to mod warning.

Where have I seen that before...

Great Bights Mum:
Govindia:
Govindia:

The people have a right to know and expect you to be forthcoming if you care about our army and the security of this region
Well?
I'm going to go one step further and say that if Govindia persists in needling Tim for private information, I am going to consider it a reportable offense subject to mod warning.

Ah!

Glad to have you back mister! I wish you luck in whatever changes you wish to make in how you spend your time.

I hope your real life issues / drama / unexpected events have been resolved in a satisfactory manner.

Feel free to ask if you need help with anything!

Kiwi:
Feel free to ask if you need help with anything!
He may need to use your basement, and if he does, pay no attention to any bangs or sounds of construction going on.

In fact, it's better if you just forget it exists.

Tim:
Govindia:
Well Govindia, perhaps you'd like to stop trying to intrude on RL Details that Eluvatar obviously doesn't seem to plan to disclose?
He hasn't said anything. The people have a right to know what the bloody hell happened.

I'm sick and tired of people elected to office and then wandering off without explanation. THis is exactly why Eluvatar was successfully recalled.

The people deserve an explanation as to why the region was abandoned with the delegacy that they trusted him with.

It is a reasonable and logical request that he has failed to respond to.

Great Bights Mum:
With all due respect GBM, he hasn't said anything. Nor has Tim. The people have requested Tim to publicly disclose his information and he has not responded.

I am simply asking for a reasonable response. Not answering does not count as a reasonable response.

The. People. Have. A. Right. To. Know.

WHen you're elected office, you come under public scrutiny, and the people expect proper and reasonable disclosure.

Just because you are elected to an office in NS DOES NOT give everyone the right to know about real life matters. Elu has the right to not say anything he does not want to about RL matters. Stop pressing the issue.

Nobody at all has a right to know what happened in real life to someone else. Elu has made it quite clear that he does not want to tell us - while I'm frustrated that he disappeared, yknow what - shit happens, and it's none of our business.
It was why he was recalled, yes, but at this stage that's irrelevant.

He's told us what happened - RL. I can't imagine that you would take well to someone badgering you for information that is none of their business which you don't want to give. Elu has disclosed a reasonable a.mount.

Personally, I'm glad that he's back, and safe. Stuff happens, and when it does, an online game is rarely your top priority. It's called reality and empathy, maybe you should try it some time.

Govindia:
He hasn't said anything. The people have a right to know what the bloody hell happened.
The people don't have a right to know anything about anyone's personal life, and in Eluvatar's case we don't have a right to know anything at all. We held Eluvatar accountable for his absence by recall, we don't get to demand answers from him now nor is there any reason he should feel compelled to provide any -- so Gov, I was going to try to find a nice way to put this and it eludes me, so I'll just say what everyone is thinking: Shut up.

Govinidia's warning level has been raised for not heeding a direct adminstrator warning to cease a certain behavior. Eluvatar is a persona in this game and has given his reason for being absent, however non-sensical it may be. The player behind Eluvatar owes no one explanations in regards to his personal life. He is free to share or not share whatever aspects of his personal life he feels necessary without harassment by any members of our community. For these reasons Govindia's warning level is raised to 80% and his ability to post suspended for 3 days. He wil then be placed on a one week moderator preview.

Cormac Stark:
Govindia:
The people don't have a right to know anything about anyone's personal life, and in Eluvatar's case we don't have a right to know anything at all. We held Eluvatar accountable for his absence by recall, we don't get to demand answers from him now nor is there any reason he should feel compelled to provide any -- so Gov, I was going to try to find a nice way to put this and it eludes me, so I'll just say what everyone is thinking: Shut up.
With all due respect, sir, you are out of line.

If I was absent in a post for unknown reasons, you would want a reasonable explanation. He was entrusted with the delegacy by the people and failed to do his duty without explaining what happened.

If he honestly said "real life situation" or something, then I will understand that as a reasonable explanation but you must understand sir that no explanation was given at all and I myself was also concerned.

Please stop making this some personal thing against me when I was doing my job as a citizen to make sure people are held accountable. I had every reasonable right to ask what happened to cause such an absence. There's a difference in saying what happened - I'm not asking for the full details, see above - and giving some joke as a response to a reasonable question in an unreasonable manner. He did the latter.

This warning is unfounded and out of place. If I was delegate, and knowing the bias some would have, people would demand an explanation when I return, and expect a reasonable answer. My expectation is not unreasonable in this regard.

I was under the impression that my answer was understood as meaning real life matters, and that you were requiring I explain the actual matters in question, something I have no intention of doing.

So, to be clear. I became severely preoccupied with essential business in meatspace.

Eluvatar:
I was under the impression that my answer was understood as meaning real life matters, and that you were requiring I explain the actual matters in question, something I have no intention of doing.

So, to be clear. I became severely preoccupied with essential business in meatspace.
"Meatspace"

I thought that was an urban legend, like Bigfoot, or the Loch Ness Monster, or Margaret Thatcher!

Eluvatar:

Your use of euphemisms is what confuses me.

What is "meatspace" ??? :blink:

Why couldn't you just plainly say "I had to do RL things" instead of being smart with your answer ? Your response appeared to me like you were being sarcastic with your response when I was honestly asking a reasonable question and wanting a reasonable logical answer.

Forgive me for thinking it was my trying to attack you - it wasn't, I was just being direct and wanted a direct and honest answer. I do have some symptoms that mirror those who have Asperger's so please understand why my social abilities are a bit lacking, sir.

Eluvatar:

What? I don't understand what "meatspace" is. It's euphemisms like this that confuse me.

And to the best of my knowledge, you never said it until now that you were occupied with RL matters?

My apologies but with how I was brought up my social skills are slightly lacking as I've been dealing with people directly all my life so subtlety is not my forte. I also have been observed to have social difficulties similar to those with Asperger's so that may also explain why some people don't understand how I operate.

Govindia, the admin and moderation team have been discussing your recent posts and PMs that have raised concerns about their compliance with forum rules and policies. The team has concluded that a recent PM you sent Eluvatar along the same nature and tone of your posts in this thread is warn-able, and warrants a further increase in your warning level to 100 %. In addition to the post suspension period of one week, and being placed on indefinite moderator preview of all posts, we are revoking your use of the personal message system on the forums. To implement the PM system access revocation you are being remasked into a special group. Your other permissions will not be changed until that is warranted by other circumstances.

This, literally, is your last chance. Any further posts that admin or moderators find an issue with will be reviewed by the team with a decision on whether to implement a permanent IP ban on your current and future user account(s) on these forums. If any admin finds that a particular post clearly violates forum rules and policies, including the Terms of Service and Terms of Use, they may go ahead and implement the ban without further discussion.

Back