Board glitch

Romanoffia

Garde à l'eau!
Did you know that you can't change your avatar anymore? I've been trying now for an hour and it will not change. Delete the original avatar, upload a new one and lo-and-behold the old avatar returns, unchanged.

What's up with that?

I don't know quite what yours is doing, but when I tried to upload a fairly large image I just timed out. So all I can suggest is try a different and smaller (filesize wise) image?

Aha. I figured it out. It's a glitch involving the FireFox browser. The new avatar shows up on IE, Chrome and Safari but the old avatar shows with Firefox. Of course, this means that Firefox is not replacing existing image files with new ones even when you refresh the page.

I had to clear out the cache, delete all cookies and scripts, restart the browser and log back in. Then it showed the new avatar. Totally screwy!

I know that I haven't made any changes as to uploading avatar images. But there is a size and dimensions limit imposed by the Zetaboards platform that we can't change.

You may need to use a image editor (such as Paint or the one in Microsoft Outlook that will allow you to resize the image so it can be uploaded.

I use Firefox all the time; you might want to get a program such as CCleaner to help you regularly clear out the cache for your browsers. CC will allow you to selecte what gets "cleaned" out so you can keep your cookies (or select which ones to keep) and it'll clean out the cache.

I set my browser to remove all cookies and empty the temp files on closing.

Zetaboards has a feature that automatically reduces the size of any uploaded avatar images so that they fit the format.

It's more likely to be the cache being funky, I imagine. And yes, ZB has that feature, but it appears to not be working properly.

CCleaner is however good, I just can't run it on this boot >.<

Back