In regards to The Empire

Al Homa:
If you want to build up a justified ego the size of Russia then invest your time in something in real life that actually matters and is of some importance worthy of respect or being big in your world in some way rather than a pathetic existance of thinking you are the bees knees in an internet game.

As someone who will remain anonymous put it:

I love how insults on the internet always fall back to "Get a real life!" as if the poster has logged on only to take a break from his fleet of yachts and supermodel girlfriend.

Seriously, though, accusing people who are heavily involved in internet games of being no-life basement-dwelling social rejects is silly on so many levels. Sure, if you throw the accusation around enough, you might hit the mark...if you play a mainstream MMORPG populated by teenagers. NSers are a different breed. NSers are generally older folks with jobs and families or at least advanced academia. Even the most zealous of the lot have long since learned to balance work and play.

The enthusiasm with which Ivan expresses his dedication to Saturday morning cartoon villainy is no sign of how he conducts his real life. You do the forum a disservice by bringing out that particular set of accusations, no matter how juicy the target.

I love how insults on the internet always fall back to "Get a real life!" as if the poster has logged on only to take a break from his fleet of yachts and supermodel girlfriend.
You know I've never heard such an accurate assessment of my life and why I play this game... :eyeroll:

Seriously, though, accusing people who are heavily involved in internet games of being no-life basement-dwelling social rejects is silly on so many levels. Sure, if you throw the accusation around enough, you might hit the mark...if you play a mainstream MMORPG populated by teenagers. NSers are a different breed. NSers are generally older folks with jobs and families or at least advanced academia.
:rofl:

Although there are places with a vastly higher concentration of morons. NS isn't too bad, in fact, I'd say it's slightly better than average. There are better places, but there are a lot worse.

You're right about online personas having no relation to real life. In my spare time IRL I bench press dinosaurs on the moon, with astronauts and cute girls. Also I'm a cowboy.

In real life I am a yak breeder in Finland. It is hard, because there are few yaks around. Sometimes I have to travel miles and miles to find a yak to breed with.

In real life I am a yak breeder in Finland. It is hard, because there are few yaks around. Sometimes I have to travel miles and miles to find a yak to breed with.
You're living in the past. Herding goats is where it's at. Apecifically, Albanian goats.

You're living in the past. Herding goats is where it's at. Apecifically, Albanian goats.
Um... hello? The gold mine is in Alpaca farming. Get with the times and late night informercials!

yes, but yaks have a cute, coquettish smile, and the way they wiggle their hips as they walk........

You can keep your alpacas

Back