In regards to The Empire

Yes, the internet is serious business. Good Lord, get over yourself.
I'm sorry, did I forget to include you in my question to Al Homa? Forgive me. :cry:

How about we all play "let's troll Ivan". That way you can prove to everyone that I am the one taking the game too seriously. :eyeroll:
Khark cracks a joke and you tell him to "run along while the adults talk"? Yes, because mature sensible adults all engage in humourless dick-waving contests on the internet where they tell everyone how important they are. Sheesh.
Perhaps if you were up to speed.

The nation Outer Kharkistania has been following me around on the forum and making off topic and inappropriate comments and "jokes" since my return here several days ago.

If it had been the one comment then I would have ignored him out of hand as I do with all such imbeciles.

If you care to dispute my claims of what I have accomplished in the game then feel free to do so, taking it OOC and assuming that such things matter to me outside of the realm of the game shows your own preference for such situations, not mine.

I speak on the game and about the game and insofar as the game is concerned I have been (whether I am now or not is not the point or relevant) "important" from an IC standpoint.

I'm sorry, did I forget to include you in my question to Al Homa? Forgive me. :cry:

How about we all play "let's troll Ivan". That way you can prove to everyone that I am the one taking the game too seriously. :eyeroll:
Khark cracks a joke and you tell him to "run along while the adults talk"? Yes, because mature sensible adults all engage in humourless dick-waving contests on the internet where they tell everyone how important they are. Sheesh.

The nation Outer Kharkistania has been following me around on the forum and making off topic and inappropriate comments and "jokes" since my return here several days ago.

If it had been the one comment then I would have ignored him out of hand as I do with all such imbeciles.

If you care to dispute my claims of what I have accomplished in the game then feel free to do so, taking it OOC and assuming that such things matter to me outside of the realm of the game shows your own preference for such situations, not mine.

I speak on the game and about the game and insofar as the game is concerned I have been (whether I am now or not is not the point or relevant) "important" from an IC standpoint.
I have no interest whatsoever in your NS biography, what I do object to is the tone. If you've got an issue with Khark; call him on it. If not, playing the big 'I am' may swing on other forums, but that's not how we do things here. If it was, I'd leave like a shot.

And apologies if you thought I was talking about you OOC.

I have no interest whatsoever in your NS biography, what I do object to is the tone. If you've got an issue with Khark; call him on it. If not, playing the big 'I am' may swing on other forums, but that's not how we do things here. If it was, I'd leave like a shot.

I was calling him on it and you interjected when it had nothing to do with you. As far as "I AM" coming into play, if you are going to go around sticking your nose into anothers conversation then at the very least have some ground to stand on when you do it. He speaks to me and insults me as if he knows me when he very clearly does not. In that regard I will speak down to him because he hasn't earned his stripes IC-wise as you have and many of the others here who have been on the receiving end of my more asinine acts.

As far as the other goes, I quoted Al Homa and addressed my question specifically to that nation. While I understand that it is fair game to comment on anything here if it doesn't interest you then don't read it, it wasn't intended for you.

I was calling him on it and you interjected when it had nothing to do with you. As far as "I AM" coming into play, if you are going to go around sticking your nose into anothers conversation then at the very least have some ground to stand on when you do it. He speaks to me and insults me as if he knows me when he very clearly does not. In that regard I will speak down to him because he hasn't earned his stripes IC-wise as you have and many of the others here who have been on the receiving end of my more asinine acts.

As far as the other goes, I quoted Al Homa and addressed my question specifically to that nation. While I understand that it is fair game to comment on anything here if it doesn't interest you then don't read it, it wasn't intended for you.
It interests me because the community of TNP interests me. Again, if it didn't, I wouldn't be here.

You weren't calling him on it, you were responding with a remark which made you look just as bad, if not worse, than Khark. I don't know (or care) about the personal history between you and Khark but it came across as an incredibly snide superior remark, regardless of stripes involved, and someone had to point that out.

It was meant to be snide, whether it made me look "bad" is a matter of opinion.

Some would say that nothing I could possibly post here would make me look "good" or worse than I already do just by virtue of logging in. ;)

It was meant to be snide, whether it made me look "bad" is a matter of opinion.

Some would say that nothing I could possibly post here would make me look "good" or worse than I already do just by virtue of logging in. ;)
Maybe so. But it grated with the jokey ethos we've established here. I wouldn't think to speak for other players, and am not 'sticking up' for anyone, but it came across (to me) as total overkill to what it was responding to.

Fill your boots; I've no problem with overkill. But it did draw my eye as unnecessarily hostile.

I find it sad that you believe most people here to be automatically prejudiced against you.

Fill your boots; I've no problem with overkill. But it did draw my eye as unnecessarily hostile.

I find it sad that you believe most people here to be automatically prejudiced against you.
Most people here are prejudiced against me.

Plenty of new blood here and people who don't know who you are. Just my opinion of course, but you aren't gonna change many perceptions by addressing people like you did.

Plenty of new blood here and people who don't know who you are. Just my opinion of course, but you aren't gonna change many perceptions by addressing people like you did.
Oh, you know how it is. The new people go with the flow and go along for the most part with what the Old Guard tells them and the Old Guard here definitely has issues with me.

I do not contend that they are in error, mind you.

Oh, you know how it is. The new people go with the flow and go along for the most part with what the Old Guard tells them and the Old Guard here definitely has issues with me.

I do not contend that they are in error, mind you.
You could argue that's a fault with any forum. Of course people become ingrained and form the forum toffs. And newbies will follow the established trends in order to fit in.

But new people aren't idiots. They might hear "forum member x is a jive turkey" and take it at face value - they have no evidence the other way and want to fit in anyway. But when they see forum member x acting perfectly reasonably, something's gonna click.

Besides, I think you've got the wrong end of the stick. My issue wasn't with who said what, but how it was said. Had someone had a go at you like that, I would have flagged them up on it.

So, Gracius Maximus has a point in that he has in fact been quite important.

However, I don't think it's surprising that people react to the postures he takes negatively, and I suspect that may be the intention.

For that reason I think his response to their responses is... amusing.

Having people hate you gets commonplace after a while.
I think people hate me more than they hate you.

In fact, I think we should put that to a vote!

OK, everyone, who hates me more than Ivan? ;D

I'm gonna feel bad now if anyone registers with the name 'x'.
You can't your name has to be at least three characters.

And I don't know that because I was about the register a forum name as "X" and post "I'm a jive turkey." in this thread. Not at all. ;)

*Namyeknom  :tb2: Ivan.

As you can trace TNP conflict through which regions have had smilies named after them, are we going to have a TEP one soon?

39-ego.jpg

Part of a balanced Maximus breakfast.

I wouldn't say its bullshit necessarily, just an orotund address from someone who is apparently a very big figure in Nationstates and wants everyone to know.
People are only 'big' in NationStates provided that they are the ones who think it most strongly. Theres no such thing as 'big' really because of the extent of different communities and sides to NationStates that noone can touch all of and reach a legendary status in.

For example, whilst Flem is an ancient member of TNP and usually active and many of us look up to him as one of the veterans in our region, he makes no attempt to sling his ego about other region (that I've seen) in some self-exalting practice.

In comparison, certain other players will have a high up job in a larger region and think they must be God and every little bit of drama they unveil is a revelation to the masses. As far as I'm concerned they can just go and drown themselves in the anonymity of a Pacific update.

Theres my rant over. Hail the Empire, Hails Gates 'the God', Hail Al Homa

:eyeroll:
So at what point do your qualifications for actually being "big" get met?

I know one player that has been in the top echelon of power in each of the feeders on multiple occasions, even serving as a silent Vice Delegate in TSP although never actually having a formal role within that community and serving as a feeder Delegate six different times.

This player also held prominent position at the Alliance Defense Network during it's height, when it held together 26 regions. He ran another defender alliance of 14 regions and formed the Union of Sovereigns which combined the strengths of another five.

He founded and helped grow the second largest player created region in the NS world (at the time) during the time he was doing all these other things and was involved in The Meritocratic Senate when it mattered.

He also involved himself successfully in over two dozen player created regions, including Gatesville, Nasicournia, Equilism, ASE and others of note from the history of NS.

He ejected over 6000 nations from the feeders into The Rejected Realms. He singlehandedly shaped gameplay for countless nations throughout his time here and when he returns from a 9 month absence is met immediately by a ban request in the west, a Delegate-elect who very clearly wants him barred from the RA here and a return to the center of power in The Pacific with just a request.

Considering all this, and the countless other events that are untold, surely some can be consider "big" insofar as this game is concerned?
You clearly missed my point. There is no criteria for being 'big' in the game in my eyes. No matter how many past achievements you list, you've been away from the game for 9 months so anyone who's joined since then is unlikely to have heard of you. Are you a big player in the roleplay community? Somehow I doubt a lot of roleplayers have heard of you. Have you served amongst the group of players who focus on old forms of government, largely monarchic regions that have their own community and standards for being 'big'. I did not see you suggesting so. Do any of the players who sit in a region and restrict their activity to answering issues and rising up the world rankings and responding to World Assembly issues. No they dont care who you are at all.

To summarise, noone is 'big' in NationStates and anyone who goes around acting or proclaiming to be so has no respect from me.

If you want to build up a justified ego the size of Russia then invest your time in something in real life that actually matters and is of some importance worthy of respect or being big in your world in some way rather than a pathetic existance of thinking you are the bees knees in an internet game.

To clarify, my first paragraph was directed at you, whereas the second and third were generic statements directed at anyone in the game who holds such an attitude or even considers it.

People really need to learn to take note of subtle humour

I am confused on why so many people get defensive and say things like "do something in RL" when I am speaking solely on the game.

No one here knows me in RL and has no reason or right to proclaim that I somehow get RL meaning through my IC actions. If I wanted to talk about what I do in RL I would say so.

I find it funny that you and others can not separate the two and yet proclaim that I need to somehow loosen up or "take a joke" when I am posting from the aspect of one playing a game.

I can assure you, when I am doing volunteer work or talking to my therapeutic foster children or helping at my church this game and my "accomplishments" here do not enter my mind. Perhaps I am not the one in need of perspective.

Al Homa you need to listen to your own advice! I chose that wording for a FAT JOKE, stop arguing about the big figure thing please.

Also Gracius Maximus is a wonderful and humorous character, and his accomplishments in NS (though worthless in RL) are quite great. Who cares though?

If you read properly, I clarified that those paragraphs were not directed at you. Nothing I said previously was related to you either, someone else brought your name up.

Alls fair and well if people are just taking on a role to be in character but otherwise it is just sad, and I'm sure you will agree.

Al Homa you need to listen to your own advice! I chose that wording for a FAT JOKE, stop arguing about the big figure thing please.
My intial response was meant purely as a satirical joke, to laugh at the idea of people getting so wrapped up that they write lengthy rants about nothing ;)

Oh dear, I give up. Comedy is dead

IMO, Al Homa does raise an interesting point. What is "big"? Awhile back, in another region, someone brought up potential bigshots in NS and mentioned a few names I recognized as Jolt roleplayers. Someone else, a commited gameplayer said "Who? Never heard of them". No doubt some of the RPers would say the same thing about the best known gameplayers.

And just to add a little tounge-in-cheekness, I'm not big. It's just that the doors are too narrow. :)

All I know is that I'm always amused when someone I've never met gets all excited to meet me.

"Khark, as in Kharkistania? I've heard of you!"

Yes, it actually does happen. Does that make me "big"? :-P

I met someone in the pub the other night, and the conversation got round to internet games. Turned out he played WoW ... and Nationstates.

"Hey" I said "I do too. I am Flemingovia of the North pacific, the Merit and the East pacific".

"Oh?" he said. "I have never heard of you."

And he had never heard of most the "famous" names I dropped, including Loop, Moo Cows and Ivan. It is dangerous for any of us to assume that if we are famous in our own circles that we are universally known.

PS he did know TAO. But then TAO gets everywhere.

That's weird. I stopped a stranger in the street the other day and told him I was Sydia of The North Pacific, and he looked at me like I was crazy! Ignorant peasants.

That's weird. I stopped a stranger in the street the other day and told him I was Sydia of The North Pacific, and he looked at me like I was crazy! Ignorant peasants.

To be fair Sydia, I think people look at you like that whatever you say... ;)

Well I'm glad we're on the same page and I don't look like a nutter anymore!
Oh, yes you do. I'm a stark raving lunatic and I know another one when I see one! :D

Back