Announcement from the Delegate

This game is dying. Lets not kid ourselves. There is time for one hurrah at best. Dali isn't doing it right. We need something like a sweeping revolution followed by a mass rise up as we as a group march across NS conquering for The Empire.

Sounds fun I admit but you would do it how?

Easy. Strong delegate, untouchable home security.

NPA plus the new troops we'd bound to be able to get from the average populace/bored people.

Invade regions and the big enough ones we instill a delegate and Imperialy Bricklay ourselves an empire

Can't we just engage in a bout of childish name calling until one side gets bored and gives up? That's how we used to do it.

TAO has said it well. Communication is the best avenue, not accusations and retributions. We've seen enough of that in NS past, we don't need more of it. Be inventive, creative and work together.

No matter how you look at it, the delegate has the real power in the region. To deny that power and authority is the first mistake you can make. Gameplay dictates some aspects of a functional and secure regional government. Find a creative way to work within that framework and you'll find success.

When I declared the Constitution void in Equilism, there were plenty that came to call names and tell us why we were in the wrong. The only offer I recall for negotiation came from an old enemy of ours. *chuckles* But our old friends sure turned on us fast. Everyone was looking to take a side.

I just want what's best for TNP.

NPA plus the new troops we'd bound to be able to get from the average populace/bored people.

Invade regions and the big enough ones we instill a delegate and Imperialy Bricklay ourselves an empire
:shifty:

Anyhow...

The time for negotiation is past. I would be advocating peaceful talks if Dalimbar brought the problem to us prior to going rogue. He refused to recognize the government's authority (not just the forum) and in doing so crippled our democracy.

We have a DUTY to defend our region and its values of democracy! This is not the time to sit and discuss what we should do. The North Pacific is all too well known for bureaucracy and endless discussion. Let us prove that we are willing to unite in a crisis. It is time to take action and reclaim our region!

The system has worked well for previous Delegates, if you want to try and change the government look to the Regional Assembly or the position of Prime Minister.
Its only worked when one of the people who designed the system is Delegate, quelle surprise!!

Also, I have applied to join the Regional Assembly and am awaiting my application to be processed!! Thanks for the tip though!! :cool:

Can't we just engage in a bout of childish name calling until one side gets bored and gives up? That's how we used to do it.
Evidently, that's the role of the pending legislation. Can anyone else spell E-S-C-A-L-A-T-I-O-N?

Unless one side or the other backs down; TNP could be in for another summer of RMB love.

Wow...and so another delegate decides to take TNP into their own hands....

...And who pops up? Poltsamaa...hey bud....

While there is usually a flurry of activity and moral grandstanding after such things, I'm all grandstanding out and especially in TNP.

Please wake me when we reinstitute the constitution.

Wow...and so another delegate decides to take TNP into their own hands....

...And who pops up? Poltsamaa...hey bud....

While there is usually a flurry of activity and moral grandstanding after such things, I'm all grandstanding out and especially in TNP.

Please wake me when we reinstitute the constitution.
Hey punk d!!

My arrival is purely coincidental!! Or is it?!

Is Roman still around to make this officially a conspiracy?!

Please allow me, if only for a moment, to express a partial viewpoint on this current situation. I typically do not get involved in these sort of issues. However, a statement was solicited of me (and not by the Delegate, mind you), so you'll now have one from me.

Firstly, allow me to clarify, I do not officially speak on behalf of the East Pacific or its government, regardless of the fact that I am Delegate of the East Pacific. Nor do I officially speak on behalf of Hyrule or its government, regardless of the fact that I am Chancellor of Hyrule. So my opinion may not reflect those of the others in the respective regions. That being said, I shall continue.

While I do not fully agree with my friend and colleague, Dalimbar, with regards to his actions, I can honestly say that I support most, if not all of, his reasoning. That's not to say I necessarily disagree with the government, either. So before one suggests I'm riding the fence on this issue, please allow me to explain.

It is my belief that the Delegate should be the head of state; not a ceremonial head of state. (Coming from me, that might sound a bit ironic, considering that I serve as head of state in Hyrule, which essentially makes the Delegate of Hyrule a ceremonial head of state. But it's just what I think, regardless.) In that respect, he or she should have proper authority and ability to perform his or her job in the best interest of the region and its people. Unfortunately, I cannot see that as being the case, in the current system of government of the North Pacific. I feel Dalimbar is too limited and restricted and does not have the required ability to do his job as well as he very well could.

Please do not take that as me saying the current form of government is not working. I cannot and will not be the judge of that; I'm not telling another sovereign region how to run its government. Now, I'm not saying turn the Delegate loose and let him or her rule as they please. I believe in a system of checks and balances. And I think, in part, that's where the rest of the regional government comes in.

I believe in a system of government where, not only does the Delegate have the proper authority to effectively and efficiently do his or her job to his or her fullest potential, but where the rest of the government sees fit that the appropriate laws are passed to aide the Delegate in protecting and properly representing the region and its nations, and the leash on the Delegate is pulled only if he or she crosses the line and does something that is not in the best interest of the region.

I encourage the rest of the regional government to work with Dalimbar; to listen to his ideas and be open-minded about the potential positive changes that can be made. I do not applaud Dalimbar for ignoring and/or going against the constitution, but I do applaud him for his effort, and suggest that he might not have gone to such an extreme were the current government perhaps more open to what he had/has to say.

I do not believe he should be removed from office. I believe he should be given a chance to make a positive difference. I know Dalimbar, and am confident that he holds the best interest of the region he serves at the highest regard. And I'm also confident in the Government of the North Pacific, in that I know it can make the appropriate changes for the betterment of the region. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Gnid

Three pages in 24 hours? I'm disappointed.

Moldavi and Cathyy would have doubled the size of the internets by this time back in their day.

:ph34r:

Well, I agree that something drastic needed to happen in TNP, as its current government is both impotent and cumbersome. For the Delegate not to have some power in regional affairs ignores game mechanics and begs for a situation like this to occur.

At 144 days, Dali has enough influence to thwart any takeover. So before you launch NPA after him, think about it.

And, interesting. Just interesting.

(This post doesn't reflect the official views of anybody but me, so don't annoy them about it. ;))

I suggest the following be taken before anybody starts doing the whole military action thing:

Chill-Pill.png

The Liberal Unitary Republic of Goobergunchia
Founder, Democratic Underground region
Retired Defender

Three pages in 24 hours? I'm disappointed.

Moldavi and Cathyy would have doubled the size of the internets by this time back in their day.
That is because most of us generally like Dali, OOC. :P

'lo, Ag, Your Highness, and OMG it's Goob.

To be honest, I find a hibernal scenery much more suited for drama then the 40 Celsius knocking at my door, but I know Dali was depressed about the overall situation since the beginning of his mandate. Of course it stirs interest, it's one of the aims, right? Anyways, there are a few people in here I am very fond of so I hope they won't get hurt playing with machetes.

We will support legality and democracy in The North Pacific, and hope to see changes being made for the better of the region, may they be gradual or sudden.

Gunna

I'm still waiting for dali to do something. As we discovered last night, he has no plan. He's going to waste his chance to make a difference if he doesnt do something

(This post doesn't reflect the official views of anybody but me, so don't annoy them about it. ;))

I suggest the following be taken before anybody starts doing the whole military action thing:

Chill-Pill.png

The Liberal Unitary Republic of Goobergunchia
Founder, Democratic Underground region
Retired Defender
I concur.

I'm still waiting for dali to do something. As we discovered last night, he has no plan. He's going to waste his chance to make a difference if he doesnt do something
Hmm...

Until I can assess the situation and see what the region really wants and needs, for the time being there will be no forum-based administration.

It doesn't look as though Dalimbar has any kind of plans in place though, I was expecting something more organized and planned but it sort of looks as though he has few ideas onto what to actually do next.

Seriously, I mean what the heck is his deal? He's not doing much I can be incensed about. wth?

Oh well, lets keep implying he is inept so we can get a rise out of him. Then we can get in a proper frothing rage.

Seriously, I mean what the heck is his deal? He's not doing much I can be incensed about. wth?

Oh well, lets keep implying he is inept so we can get a rise out of him. Then we can get in a proper frothing rage.
I know, they just don't make tyrants like they used to.

Where's the random and arbitrary bannings? Where's the cabal of sycophants? The rival forum? Acronyms?!

Get it together!

A Statement on the Future
By Delegate Chodean Kal

Nations of The North Pacific, it is my hope that at the end of this statement, a greater understanding between us will be reached. I would first like to commend those individuals who have not resorted to hasty actions which I fear do little to aid in the development of our homeland. Those who have even attempted civil discussion with me are appreciated in these times, instead of losing your heads. Secondly, those who have stated support or understanding of my actions either publicly or privately deserve my utmost gratitude. Without these two groups, I fear this problem would be far worse than what it is.

Many of you have come up to me and rather bluntly asked me “what are your plans?” Although I frankly would like to commence with the necessary work than sit around and chitchat, this “Transitional Period” (as I have been referring to this period of time) is a time of reflection and preparation. I have deemed it in the best interests of all parties that such a statement be released. Unfortunately, I fear in spots I must be vague, as at this time I cannot show you examples to back up my views.

1. The North Pacific, until July 19th, 2007, will remain in the Transitional Period, under direct administration of the Delegate. You may be wondering why don’t I simply announce a new regime, and skip this step. I fear that rushing events will cause greater distrust and harm through out the region. Already war hawks and advocates of conflict have been lacing the region with orders to quickly dethrone me, while they send negotiators to distract me. I feel that calm order and clear leadership are necessary during this time, hence why our region is under direct administration of the Delegate, not muddled in some backroom of an offsite forum.

2. On July 19th, I will be announcing the creation of a new administration that will provide our region with something different. Gone will be rigid and all encompassing documents that choke the life out of the region. Gone will be a system mostly devoted to legislation and governance. Gone will be a system of partisanism. When you arrive to the forum, you will see a system that allows you to advance not through popularity contests, but through dedication and commitment. I know this may be troublesome for a few of you, but that is life.

3. For the initial months of this new “regime”, I believe it is necessary to have a core group of dedicated individuals who will ensure that our homes are safe, there are jobs available, and who will work day and night for you turning ideas into realities. I will be announcing the identities of these people and the roles they play in the new government on July 19th.

4. Before I forget, I would like to state that regardless of your affiliations or dealings in the past, my government will accept you should you wish to become a productive member of our region, whenever you feel the time is right for your inclusion. Whatever your interest, we can accommodate it. Say you want to delve into journalism. We will be broadcasting information and entertainment programming on various mediums. You could become a reporter or a producer for example, whatever is necessary for the region and is desired by you. What if you want to be at the pinnacle of the social scene in the region, may I suggest opening a club? I am vague for a reason, because this system is increadably flexible and allows people to pursue their in-game dreams, yet at the same time it is efficient, as it does not allow mass amounts of bureaucracy to choke it to death.

Ladies and gentlemen, I do wish to invite one or both members of the z13 administration team to meet with me in a civil fashion, where we can discuss the layout and development of this new society. Should they not contact me by tomorrow morning in regards to this invitation, I’m afraid I will have to move on with preparations.

My friends, I’m afraid we are cannot go back. Instead of bickering at eachother regarding actions that have already passed, we can work together for the betterment of the region. I extend you that offer, and I hope you do accept.

Thank you for your time,

Chodean Kal,
Delegate of The North Pacific.

Could you maybe wait until the 23rd or 24th? It's just that the last Harry Potter comes out right around the time you're planning on instituting a new government and I really don't think I can read the book and follow all of this.

Could you maybe wait until the 23rd or 24th? It's just that the last Harry Potter comes out right around the time you're planning on instituting a new government and I really don't think I can read the book and follow all of this.
Holy crap, you're right! Although I'm sure that I'll have finished the damn book within the 24 hours after it comes out. Let's see...I can pencil you in for the evening of the 21st. Is that good for you, love?

Well, I'll wait and see what plans Dalimbar has before I pass judgement!!

These shake-ups just aren't as sudden as they used to be!!

The Harry Potter book's coming out so soon? Well, I'll only need a few hours for that... could you delay though? Pwease? :tb3:

I find it interesting that this whole thing seems to be garnering more interest from the "out-of-towners" (myself included) than the actual locals. Guess NS life is dull all over, not just in TNP.

THe release of the Harry Potter book not only is of interest to the wider NS world, but even further afield than that, Blackshear.

Back