Gryphonic Revival

Fedele, pending confirmation of your having been listed on the Roster, you may consider yourself reactivated. This statement is not intended to slight you. I am in the process of updating the Rosters.

The Aspirants - Ator People, Emperor Matthuis, and FALCONKATS – have bee Championed. [Yes, Ozarka, you can Champion just like any other Knight within the Order.]
The Championed Aspirants must still satisfy all of the Application Requirements, as Isimud has most recently. These are repeated here below for ease of reference:
Application: Any nation may apply to join the Order. The procedure is as follows:
1) Publicly post that you wish to join the Order of Gryphons. You may also select a Branch [see below] if it is your intention to join one.
2) Tell us what attracted you to the Order of Gryphons.
3) Tell us about your Virtues, why you would be a good Brother or Sister of the Order. We of the Knighthood believe that everyone has at least three virtues that would make him or her fit to join the Order. If you have problems, simply drop one of us a line and we’ll help you out!
4) Declare the name of the Nation joining if it differs from your registered name here. It is the custom to hoist the flag of Member Countries as they are received to the Order.
We are not looking for essays. Short answers will suffice. Simply be truthful, that is all we ask.
Supporters/Champions: Masterknights are asked to act as Supporters (in a style inspired by Heraldry) to Aspirants (those who have applied). It is hoped that an Aspirant will have at least 2 different Supporters. Supporters are asked to get to know that Aspirant they Champion, and post regarding the Aspirant’s Gryphonnic Qualities. Notes: Many Master-Knight nations have ceased to exist. Finding a Master-Knight as a Supporter may prove difficult. Until such time as the Order is revitalized, the system of Supporters may be temporarily suspended.
After Application, a review takes place. It is generally brief.

Thank you, Fedele,
Consider yourself returned to the Order! And thank you for providing the link. I have gone through over 300 posts in under a week. And I still have a lot to go through. Your finding this link for me has been helpful.

The formerly Gryphonnic nation of Melanalios has been expunged from the Order over a matter of personal honour and threats.

No, I can't post.

A lot of the forums seem to be set as Archive Boards, as indicated by the red forum marker next to their name. You can un-archive them by going to Manage Forums in the Admin panel, then going to Settings next to each forum that's archived, and changing its status to Active instead of Read-Only (Archive).

That ought to help a good bit.

... You can un-archive them by going to Manage Forums in the Admin panel, then going to Settings next to each forum that's archived, and changing its status to Active ...
Thank you, that was helpful. :worship:
Well, at least it will prove to have been helpful if we can all post there now.

Well, if those Gryphons with better skill than I at this would like to volunteer to help, I shall give them the necessary clearance.

I suspect both the user group permissions and the manage forum options for each subforum there will have to be adjusted. They are separate functions in the Admin control panel.

In particular you need to get to the forum management page that allows one to permit user groups or permissions to read, post, start, and upload for each permission or member group.

Yup, that too. I was merely addressing the fact that most of the places where we'd all normally be able to post, no matter what (i.e. OOC areas) are archived.

I Falconkats wish to join the Order
+++ To Falconkats +++
Please see the method for Application and follow the 4 steps.

+++ To all +++
Knights of the Order may append the following suffixes, as most appropriate, after their name.
Knights without Branch use ", KOG".
Knights-Militant use ", KOGM".
Knights-Hospitaller use ", KOGH".
Knights of the Chancery use ", KOGC".

So. What's next? Has anyone chosen their Chapter as yet?

Thyatira: have you had any luck reopening the Gryphon forum? I'd offer to help, but I know nothing about forum management.

I am still working on it, and endeavoring to recruit assistants. For now, we can handle Gryphonnic matters here. As to choosing a Branch, it is entirely optional.
If you are part of a defense force, you might consider Knight-Militant.
If you want diplomatic responsibilities, as the Order reestablishes itself and spreads out to new regions, you would do well in Knights-Chancellor.
If anyone would like to participate in keeping track of the membership of the North Pacific Chapter, that would be one example of the duties of the Knights-Chancery.

Hereby declaring for the Knights-Chancery, for now.

I'll start a listing of all TNP Knights and contact those who've expressed an interest by PM (the Aspirants).

Hereby declaring for the Knights-Chancery, for now.

I'll start a listing of all TNP Knights and contact those who've expressed an interest by PM (the Aspirants).
Isimud, thank you for declaring for the Chancery. You may now amend your signature to read "..., KOGC" to reflect this choice.
Thank you also for taking on the work you have.

And in recognition for adding acknowledgement of your membership in your sig, you have earned the title of Masterknight within the Order. This would make you "Masterknight Isimud, KOGC".

NOTE TO ALL: This honor of Masterknight is open to anyone who declares their affiliation in sig or forum title.

I've contacted, via PM, the following people: Ator People, Eluvatar, Emperor Matthuis, FALCONKATS, Fulhead Land, Korinna, and TAO.

Please let me know if there's anyone I've missed.

i) I, Emperor Matthuis, ruler of the Holy Aristocratic Empire, do hereby formally apply to the Order of Gryphons.

ii) Well I do enjoy a friendly place to meet other members of the game. I like the idea of order of knights in NationStates and the ideals of chivalry that it would uphold.

iii) Firstly, well I try to be noble and never lose my temper. I have never sworn on NationStates or the forums and I try not to be too cutting to people who mistakes, instead try to help them, especially if they are new.

Secondly, I am also friendly and I like to think mildly amusing.

Thirdly, I am honest and trustworthy, I do not hide things or lie.

iv) My nation is Emperor Matthuis and it flies the Welsh dragon.

I would be honoured to join the Knights-Hospitaller.

I am still working on it, and endeavoring to recruit assistants. For now, we can handle Gryphonnic matters here. As to choosing a Branch, it is entirely optional.
If you are part of a defense force, you might consider Knight-Militant.
If you want diplomatic responsibilities, as the Order reestablishes itself and spreads out to new regions, you would do well in Knights-Chancellor.
If anyone would like to participate in keeping track of the membership of the North Pacific Chapter, that would be one example of the duties of the Knights-Chancery.
Surely, you mean Knights-Hospitaller for the diplomatic bit?

:blink:

Emperor Matthius was championed by Gaspo and seconded by Byardkuria when first declaring his intent to join the Order.

Does anyone have any questions for him?

I wish to join the Order of the Knights-Militant and what the attraction to join the Order is my strong wanting to help the oppresed without personal regards to myself or medals.

The three virutes that are near and dear to me

1. A deep and devotion to loyality for ones order.

2. Also have a deep trust on keeping confindental information and not to spread secret information.

3. Also i have to virtue of Caution i tend to analyze situations before jumping in Half-cocked.

And if selected my Nations name Is The Commonwealth of Falconkats

Thank you for your Application, FALCONKATS.
There are enough Gryphons in this Chapter for your Review to commence. Please be somewhat patient as this may take but a few days.

If there be no protest, it is with great Honor and Enthusiasm that Emperor Matthuis and FALCONKATS will be welcomed to the Order of Gryphons!
It is customary to erect a flagpole and hoist aloft the flag of each accepted nation. Therefore, The Chapterhouse and Demesne of The Order of Gryphons hereby unfurls these banners:
wales--80.jpg

falconkats.jpg

Arise, Gryphons, and stand welcomed to the Order!

I must apologize for the delays and inconveniences to these new Member-Knights. The revitalization of the Gryphons has taken place at a pace I did not anticipate. I am therefore indebted to Master-Knights Grosseschnauzer [KOG] and Isimud [KOGC] for their prompt assistance in this matter.

Thank you Masterknights, Champions (Gaspo, Byardkuria and Monte Ozarka), and to the newly accepted Knights.

Greetings, brethren and sistren.

A new Chapter is opening in Lazarus and two new Knights have been welcomed to the Order.

Perhaps some of you would be willing (especially those with inclinations towards the Hospitalers) to stop by the Lazarene forum and offer a "hello" in the appropriate thread (which can be found here.) Any words you may have to offer would likely be welcomed by the new, and potential, Knights.

Congratulations, fellow Knights.

~Grand Duke Apparent Sir Geoffrey A. Gosford, KOGC
Chancellor of the Chancery
Senior Ostiary

The region of The Last Kingdom has announced an interest in having a Chapterhouse, and I am in receipt of a TG from Scrivneria stating something about the Youngworld and its own Chapterhouse.

Back