Favorite Tyrant [Nominations Closed]

Hersfold

TNPer
Nominations are now open for the award for Favorite Tyrant.

This award is for the region's favorite "tyrant".

In order to qualify for this award, a member of NationStates must:
  • Have demonstrated "tyrannic" qualities since the last awards ceremony.
  • Does not have to be a member of TNP.
  • Receive at least two nominations.
Anyone registered on the forum may nominate any other forum member for this award. Nominations will close five days from now, at around this time or whenever I actually get around to closing the topics.

Thanks for your help!

Note that this award is intended as a joke.

Accepted Nominees:
  • Poltsamaa
  • Flemingovia
  • Krulltopia
  • Former English Colony
  • Hersfold <_<
  • Gracius Maximus
  • Tresville

From searching the wiki a la flems request I found this guy:

The term has also come to be associated with megalomania. Many dictators create a cult of personality and have come to favor increasingly grandiloquent titles and honours for themselves. For example, Idi Amin Dada, who had been a British army lieutenant prior to Uganda's independence from Britain in October 1962, subsequently styled himself as "His Excellency President for Life Field Marshal Al Hadji Dr. Idi Amin, VC, DSO, MC, King of Scotland Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Sea and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular

ALready my favourite tyrant!

Sorry, FL, I don't think your African guy (whatever his name is, I got lost with all the acronyms at the end) is eligible - not only was his action apparently 44 years ago, I doubt he is involved with NationStates. :lol:

Somehow, though, I think he was a bit bitter at jolly old England.

Nominations for this award have now closed. Thanks to everyone who participated in this part of the event. Stick around to see which one of these nominees will win!

Back