TNP vs. Fulhead Discussion

This trial really needs to be thrown out or rapped up or something because its become more of a quagmire than the OJ Simpson trial and I am sick of hearing of its and, damn it, that’s all that counts!

This trial really needs to be thrown out or rapped up or something because its become more of a quagmire than the OJ Simpson trial and I am sick of hearing of its and, damn it, that’s all that counts!
But does the glove fit? :rofl:

I know it was before my time......but didn't trials take about two to three minutes in TNP at some point......under who was it again???

I know it was before my time......but didn't trials take about two to three minutes in TNP at some point......under who was it again???
I believe Insane Power holds the record of less than a minute!! Then again, they were different systems!! Under NPD it was guilty until proven innocent, at least those guys were upfront about it!! ;)

Don't worry FL. Once the Treason Act goes into effect this trial will be very speedy indeed. You either get your nation out of the Lex or you're kicked out of TNP. Nice and clear cut. You might want to pack your luggage.

Mistrials do not, in any way, affect the ex post facto issue - while they generate a new trial, they do not magically fast forward the date of occurrence of the act resulting in a trial. Now, if a party to an existing trial were to continue to commit acts deemed unlawful by the new statute, they would be liable; however, once again, the mistrial has nothing to do with it, as this would be a completely new charge.

Mistrials do not, in any way, affect the ex post facto issue - while they generate a new trial, they do not magically fast forward the date of occurrence of the act resulting in a trial. Now, if a party to an existing trial were to continue to commit acts deemed unlawful by the new statute, they would be liable; however, once again, the mistrial has nothing to do with it, as this would be a completely new charge.
Hence my point!! Should the new laws be passed then it is a treasonous offence to have a nation in a region "at war" either declared or otherwise with TNP!! So, if merely having a nation residing in such a region warrants a treason charge then certain "players" here are in trouble!! With regards to the current case, a mistrial would mean they could file new charges under the new laws citing the current reisdence of LexiconHead in The Lexicon!! I'm sure the government is aware of that as it is the major reason these laws were proposed in the first place!!

I don't doubt that, but what the nation "LexiconHead" is doing now has absolutely nothing to do with the trial underway. Mistrial or not, they can file whatever they please, if they feel that the law has been broken.

Has anything happened recently?

Last thing I remember was we were waiting, for someone, possibly to do something, maybe just to arrive, I forget...

Anyway, did they? Do something or arrive, either is good.

I don't doubt that, but what the nation "LexiconHead" is doing now has absolutely nothing to do with the trial underway. Mistrial or not, they can file whatever they please, if they feel that the law has been broken.
Didn't say anything about the new laws affecting the current trial!! The trial has stalled, so I'm expecting a mistrial or a withdrawal of charges followed by new charges a little later down the track!!

Essentially you back up my statements although posing your comments argumentatively!!

Has anything happened recently?

Last thing I remember was we were waiting, for someone, possibly to do something, maybe just to arrive, I forget...

Anyway, did they? Do something or arrive, either is good.
I'm waiting for the Prosecution to call a specific witness!!

*Poltsamaa passes the popcorn!!

EDIT: err...yeah...I meant Prosecution, not Defense!! :pinch:

With regards to the current case, a mistrial would mean they could file new charges under the new laws citing the current reisdence of LexiconHead in The Lexicon!!

I guess I can see how that might have been misinterpreted to mean that you were linking calling a mistrial to permitting the filing of charges under the new laws.

My bad.

As there is no official war between The Lexicon and TNP I don't see how new charges could be brought against anyone with a nation in the Lexicon.....I fail to see the relevance of many of these posts....

As there is no official war between The Lexicon and TNP I don't see how new charges could be brought against anyone with a nation in the Lexicon.....I fail to see the relevance of many of these posts....
I suggest you re-read the laws!! No need for any official war declaration to warrant these laws to be enacted against someone!!

Actually, looking at the trial, you are right Polts.

Last post in the trial:
Defense, clarify who/what you are calling to the stand please.

Did the prosecution case close without me noticing? :P

Heh, it hasn't had a new post since the last time I was here, wow (and I'm only on now because of, ahh, a certain odd PM from a certain Speaker, which was just...odd).

Anyway, I would suggest, to anyone who ends up having charges brought upon them under the new oath and treason laws and other such bullshit, to use the logic that 1) Only citizens of The North Pacific can be guilty of a crime and put on trial within The North Pacific, 2) That oath and such applies to players, not citizens of The North Pacific, therefore, 3) Any attempt to use those "laws" is invalid and citizens of The North Pacific can't properly be tried under them.

Not that that'll stop anyone....Anyway, back into retirement for me.

Woah....

I know now why Poltsamaa got confused there... Democratic Donkeys' last post says "Defense" in calling for a clarification of the witness >_<. Maybe that's why the Prosecution hasn't responded?

EDIT: D'oh this had already been noticed >_<

This has been fast. Unfortunately fast is a little bit of a vague term, by our standards this trial is moving pretty quickly. I'm struggling to keep with it myself, I must admit.

FL, you would have to file a complaint asserting that your civil rights had been violated. Of course, the defense will argue that some portion of the delay is attributable to your not taking the stand.

Back