The North Pacific vs. Fulhead Land

I have consulted my client regarding the jury!! I'll post any objections, other than the juror listed twice, as soon as I receive a reply!!

Admin Note: Please refrain from off-topic posting in the trial thread. All discussion should be placed in the discussion topic located here.

504a:
A - The presiding officer shall list the charges against the defendant and give instructions to the jury regarding deliberations and recommended sentences if the defendant is found guilty.

Fulhead land will be tried for Treason and violating his Registered Voter Oath. In the case of the former the maximum punishment will be banishment; the latter stripping of Registered Voter status. The Jury will have as much time as is necessary to deliberate.

514:
C - The prosecutor (who may be the Attorney General) will present the first opening statement, will present its evidence first, and will present the final closing statement at the trial.

(Sorry, internet hasn't been working recently. Looking to get that fixed tomorrow)

Mr Justice, I move to close the court to non-related persons as evidence that I shal present is obtained through regional security methods.

Ladies and Gentelmen of the jury, During the period of open hostility from the Lexicon towards the soverign region of The North Pacific, the accused did maintain citizenship bearing nations in both region. As such we seek to have such citizenship removed from the accused on the grounds that they did knowingly and deliberateley provide information and support to a oponent of the region. As the long standing policy of "Duality" did in previous conflicts allow nations in question to play both sides of the coin, we will show that the nation Fulhead Land did discard the policy of Duality and therefore gave direct support to an enemey of the region.

The Defence officially protests the decision of the Court to allow evidence not submitted to the Defence into the trial as well as protesting the decision of the Court to allow evidence into trial that will not be seen by the Defence as it will be directly passed to the jury!!

This is a circus!!

For the benefit of both the prosecution and defense, information gathered by the North Pacific Intelligence Agency may be disclosed in a criminal trial, as stated in the Constitution. Had the information been sensitive enough to the point it should not have been disclosed, I would not have given it to the prosecution. As Director of the Agency, I will accept full responsibility for any events that affect the security of the region as a result of the disclosure of the evidence in question, and express my firm belief that such an event is unlikely to occur.

The United Federation of Hersfold
Director of The North Pacific Intelligence Agency

Please do not post in the Court unsolicited, Mr. Admin!!

The Defence requests access to this evidence prior to its submission to the Court as it was withheld from the Defence when disclosure of all evidence to be produced in the trial was requested by the Defence!!

The Prosecution submits that the previously filed evidence with the defense and court was the item of concern.

I see no regional security risk to the evidence I have been given access to and therefore no reason for the smoke and mirrors routine the Prosecution proposes!! Holding the trial out of view of the Defence is unacceptable to say the least!!

Yes, sorry. I wasn't thinking clearly at the time. I just did not want this trial to be private so I thought of a solution quickly, which I realize now was foolhardy. All evidence must be given to the defense and all evidence will be published here in full view.

I see no evidence presented to the Court!!

An opening address will follow shortly once I have conferred with my client!!

Members of the jury, the Defence will show that the member nation of The North Pacific, Fulhead Land, did not actively undermine the region of The North Pacific nor did it provide military or intelligence support to The Lexicon during the war!!

We will show that the defendant, Fulhead Land, has long been a target of the intelligentsia of The North Pacific!! Approximately a year ago the same group that presents these charges sought to expel Fulhead Land for similar reasons and even illegally banned this nation from registering to vote while this group held office in the government of The North Pacific!! This was only overturned when the new government applied the law of the region!!

We will show that the evidence compiled by the Prosecution is flimsy and circumstancial when held up against the laws of the region, the Constitution!!

I ask that the jury analyse the evidence thoroughly and they do not bow to the inevitable manipulations of the intelligentsia of The North Pacific!! Already our Forum Administrator, Hersfold, is sticking his nose into the trial when he has no place to do so!! This is but the tip of the iceberg!! I implore the jury to remain focused on the facts and ignore the smoke and mirrors that the Prosecution will try to use to distract you from the flimsy evidence they have against my client!! The onus of proof is on the Prosecution, they need to prove to you to a level of reasonable certainty that the member nation, Fulhead Land, actively supported the military effort of The Lexicon against The North Pacific!!

Members of the jury, this is not a trial of espionage or treason, it is the culmination of a long campaign by a few to drive my client from the region!! This is a trial to determine if freedom of speech and freedom of association are principles held dear by the region or if they are simply buzzwords applicable depending on whether the free speech supports the intelligentsia or if the freedom to associate is used to associate with those approved by the intelligentsia of The North Pacific!!

You have a tough decision ahead of you, I trust you will come to a decision that is both fair and just!!

Ladies and gentelmen of the jury, at this time the prosecution calls the head of the NPIA, Hersfold, to the stand.

Present. Do I need to take an oath or anything?

*Hersfold politely reminds the Honrable Justice that he has an objection to the Defense's statement that has not been acknoledged yet. ;)

The United Federation of Hersfold
Director, The North Pacific Intelligence Agency

Your honor, as the legal representative of the state and bodies thereof in these proceedings, I object to the defense's opening statement specifically

I ask that the jury analyse the evidence thoroughly and they do not bow to the inevitable manipulations of the intelligentsia of The North Pacific!! Already our Forum Administrator, Hersfold, is sticking his nose into the trial when he has no place to do so!!

The person in question was acting in their role as Director of the NPIA to clarify the disposition of the articles of evidence. In addition the person in question was not using extended privalages to violate the seal of the court as anybody is able to post in the courtroom.

The person in question did not have the permission of the Court to speak at all. Hence my point stands!!

Stop stalling and get on with it!!

Hersfold: Please explain your history and contact with the defendant prior to the the declaration of war by The Lexicon

During the summer of 2005, Fulhead Land was involved with the rogue government known as the North Pacific Directorate, a dictatorial regime that overthrew the existing government to take control of the region. In other events since then, he has been associated with the players Insane Power and Cathyy, two other co-founders of the Lexicon, both of whom are now banned from this forum due to their agressive conduct over the years, and Tweedy, banned for similar reasons. As far as I am aware, Fulhead Land has never been a member of any regional organization such as the NPA, NPIA, Diplomatic Corps, etc. He has openly claimed his UN Member nation as Lexiconhead, a known invader nation and previous Delegate of The Lexicon.

Objection(s):

That is not the answer to the question askes, that isnt a history of the witnesses contact with myself.

He has openly claimed his UN Member nation as Lexiconhead, a known invader nation

hearsay

During the summer of 2005, Fulhead Land was involved with the rogue government known as the North Pacific Directorate, a dictatorial regime that overthrew the existing government to take control of the region.

that is both the witness opinions and an attempt to lead the jury.

As far as I am aware, Fulhead Land has never been a member of any regional organization such as the NPA, NPIA, Diplomatic Corps, etc

thats simply untrue.

I ask the Court to disregard the statements by the witness

Pardon me, but a "history of my contact with you" would include your history in the region as long as I have been in contact with you. If you would like me to provide proof of your claim to the nation Lexiconhead, I will be more than happy to do so - I still have the RV Verification message you sent me. As for that being an invader nation, we could call in the Minister of Defense to testify to that. I do believe I also tried to press charges before, citing the fact that using that nation in a mission against the NPA was in violation of your Oath. For your second and third comments, I am stating the facts as I know them to be true - if you would like to name to the court a regional organization you have been part of that I have forgotten, please do so.

I do not appreciate being labelled a liar.

I was an ambassador for many years for a start, not to mention my cabinet service and RA time.

And no, your history of contact would, IMO, be how you know me and our interactions. So yes, certainly things like your previously failed accusations would count.

Funny, you failed to mention that one?

Fulhead, please leave this be!! We will have our time to cross-examine the witness!! Please pass any cocnerns to me via PM and I shall raise them in the Court sanctioned manner!!

I also ask that the witness refrain for similar outbursts and only answer questions directed at them!!

The Defence apologises for this incident!!

The Defence awaits the conclusion of questioning of this witness by the prosecution!!

Back