The North Pacific vs. Fulhead Land

*Fulhead Land is aware of what I've read here and what I garnered between ads on the regional page. From what I'm aware, an NPIA spy went into The Lexicon and got caught, thus war broke out.

well firstly you have to understand I've seen this region in too many wars. So obviously my reaction was a hope that the situation would eventually be resolved

I have seen too many wars in NS Mr. Prosecutor. My feelings were a hope that the rpoblems would be resolved amicably as soon as was possible?

So I remember hearing, however I also recall hearing a member of our NPIA caused it by spying, and that was since admitted by the nation in question.

My question is this: why would you be so eager to end the war if you had access to the same evidence presented by our region that showed that not only did The Lexicon first declare war, but that the spying attempt was at worst a joke gone wrong?

Objection, asking my client to hypothetically indicate his stance on a war based on evidence he has no access to has no relevance to the case and the assertion that any spy attempt was a joke gone wrong is speculation at best, hearsay at worst!!

My client has answered that he had hoped the war ended as soon as possible!! That is his opinion on the war!!

Your linking me to the home page. Methinks that while it would make interesting discussions as to if and how I knew the inner workings of the lex from it, it may be inadmissable and just a little silly.

Whats next?

The situation has been resolved amicably for all concerned.

Things are fine now. Asides one missing shoutbox, but that is entirely unrelated.

Yeah The Lexicon is imploding! Its a mess of confused leadership with a nosediving population and the combined intelligence of a house fly.

That is your view. And yet you are so sadly obsessed by the region that you cant stop talking about it and the only time you have any activity is when The Lexiconians are about.

Seems like the last reserve of the largest feeder struggeling under its directionless attitude to me!

Give me a call when you need someone to give you a quick activity boost!

Now, please explain.

EDIT: Specifically, explain the bolded portion, where you act as if you aren't part of the region?

Thats putting words into my mouth.

My words would be seen, if i remember myself at the time, as being posted in anger. as anyone could see i was causing shall we say heated debate and the activity levels went quite high. I was implying I "couldnt be arsed" anymore and that when you needed a scapegoat to call me

Where do I show any in depth knowledge of The Lexicon? Any more, that is, than anyone showing a passing interest in another region?

Why would you be following their forum enough to know when a shoutbox has been removed?

The prosecution introduces the following quote from the link.

Fulhead Land:
Other Person:
I'm aware that there was some sort of a war or something between TNP and the Lex, but why are they still around here?

I've been around here for three years dear wink.gif

This passage seems to imply that you're part of both The Lexicon and TNP, and also says that you have held TNP membership longer than Lexicon membership. Care to elaborate?

I have been a stedfast member of TNP for over 3 years under countless delegates and I have fought countless battles here, made countless friends and had a lot of fun in that time.

Any implication to the effect of your...point, was made by others m'dear

Didnt flemingovia also notice a issing shoutbox at some point too? My mind wanders..

Anyone who had taken a glnace at there twice would have probably noticed that one was missing. Enquiringly looking at a region yours is at war with counts as treason now or something?

Why would you be following the workings of The Lexicon before the war began?

And you're also ignoring another question of mine: How did you know that the situation had been amicably resolved for all involved within The Lexicon?

Oh was that pre-war. My mistake. Well regardless there was some tension before and alot of high talk about The Lexicon. Knowledge is power as they say. So pays to have a look.

and as for your newest point, again it pays to know. Had my embassy staff check it out and let me know.

Why would you be so interested in The Lexicon in the first place, even before the war began, to be at the point at which you'd know the relatively inner workings of the region?

Why? Why would anyone want to take an interest in a region that has friction with yours? Prehaps the honourable prosecutor likes working without being aware of all the facts, I certainly do not.

As for "Knowing the Inner Workings" I dont see how being able to say the situation appears to have been resolved adequatly shows that. Anyone could glance at a Regional Message Board or factbook entry and see no angry postings and make the same conclusion. Doesnt need a PhD in Nationstates Science now does it?

I would ask that the witness please refrain from asking rhetorical questions and ignoring the inquiry at hand.

Why would you be following a region BEFORE there was a war, and how would you be able to know effectively that the situation was amicable, especially since antagonism is unlikely to show up in the RMB (mostly pointless posts) or in the WFE (which to the best of our knowledge showed no signs of hostility)?

I have already answered that question, though for the apparantly blind prosecution I shall repeat.

I followed the region before the war because there had been many threads dedicated here to The Lexicon and issues we as a region had with them. I like to take an interest in my region, and as we have a foreign policy that sometimes means looking outside the regions walls.

And I could only have presumed, however I have seen enough rouge delegates in my time, for example the Great Bight/ UPS Rail days, to know that you dont try to fight a tyrant or percieved tryrant without posting on RMB's to tell the non forum world how pissed you are with a situation.

I ask you, then, how would you have been able to tell that the lack of posts on the RMB wasn't merely a successful suppression of dissent rather than an amicable outcome for all? How did you gain this information?

Well while it was a long time ago I would presume it would be the usual signs, such as the usual people posting, no influx of angry posting puppets etc.

I actually said that those would be the usual signs. My memory as I said, is hazy it was a long time ago now. But how would I recognize any usual suspects as it were? Well if you look twice at a regional page you'd probably recognize some of the names, and anyway with so much debate concerning The Lexicon in this region over the course of the previous 6 months it was nigh on impossible not to pick up names of at least some of them.

The question remains unanswered though. As much of the discussion about The Lexicon on these forums involved either IP or Cathyy and no other specific members of The Lexicon, how would you have been able to pick up information from here? How would you have been able to keep track of who the "regulars" on the RMB were?

Objection, badgering!! I think my client has answered this question a number of times!! My client has stated that he occasionally read the Lexicon RMB and noticed regular posters from these visits!! My client has stated that he noticed the shoutbox was missing when it was was there one one visit and gone on the next visit!! My client has stated that he determined that any internal strife had been resolved due to a lack of "angry postings" on the Lexicon RMB!! I request that the Justice ask the prosecution to move on!! It is not an offense to read other region's RMB and never will be how ever long the prosecution intends to flog this dead horse!!

As an asides, the prosecutor seems to have an unholy obsession with The Lexicon looking at his signature!!

Personal message. The evidence has be cleared with the Defense.

Moving on...

I present the following evidence, exhibit A, the forum thread "...And when you can't win!"

http://z13.invisionfree.com/TNP/index.php?showtopic=1298

Fulhead Land, did you not state the following in that thread?

Fulhead Land:
1) ok then: this year, myself, Insane Power, Cathyy, shoeless joe, and of course Wilkshire started The Lexicon and really left TNP. I mean we hardly post here anymore, i mean why should we, we left behind the hate and the bitching for the most active and one of the largest regions in the game. Despite our fractured relations in the past we did not interfere or critisise. the same cannot be said happened in return. This was a bridge too far mate!

EDITED: Marked in bold the relevant part of statement.

OOC: That would be an OOC statement. It was a rant against the bitching and rudeness this region is prone too.

IC: Obviously I never left. After all, I am still here, a member in the Regional Assembly and a voter which requires resident status. In fact, the only times I have ever left was due to being banned by dictators. 4 years residency here!

Don't even try to pass this off now.

I would like to request a clarification from the presiding justice as to whether the statement was OOC or IC. The Prosecution has reason to believe that it was IC because:

1. The statement clearly dealt with the formation of IC regions and people.
2. The statement was not marked as OOC.
3. The statement was not in the OOC forum.

Back