Nostalgia

"I remember..."

I remember when I was Umblowp the magical engine.

Credit goes to Indiegirl for creating this thread originally. I forgot about it but my damn subconscious sure didn't. Sorry. :blush:

I remember when there was an NPA, NPC, NPD, NPG, and NPU all in the same general time frame. I was sorta hoping to eventually get around to all the letters, too. :(

I remember spending long nights practicing my pirate talk, and later, other's wishing Great Bight's was the worst delegacy TNP ever had.

I remember that slightly differently.
As do I, my friend. And I seem to recall it being something that should NOT be taken lightly, even today.

Blackshear:
I remember the interview we did for my short-lived NS news site.

I remember when you defended my inflammatory, yet well-written and excellent editorial column. Made me feel like Edward R. Murrow, it did.

OPEdit: More recently... I remeber Sirixis. ;)

A thought occurs - be I the oldest active poster? Anyone still knocking about from before October...2003?!

A check on the ol' forum reveals that me & the Nemster will be the only active members who remember the wistful days of forum/NS life 2003-style.

Double post-a-rama:

Does anyone know if any of the gazillion issues I submitted ever filtered through? If not, I'm very cross!

Double post-a-rama:

Does anyone know if any of the gazillion issues I submitted ever filtered through? If not, I'm very cross!
I do not ever recall seeing an issue with your name on it. But then, I hardly ever answer them, so I can't say for sure.

I remember when you had to wait half an hour to make a post on the NS forums. Before we moved to Jolt.

*Hersfold does some math... you beat me, Syd. I came in early 2004. To TNP in the summer of that year.

Dang, some of 'em weren't half bad.

Can't find the old issues forum on the S2 to proove it though, or resubmit any. Although that would mean resurrecting Sydia for about the third time; I want to be the only poster with no NS nation whatsoever. Rar.

One thing that strikes me about the S2 in comparison with here: Over there, every frigger has been warned up to the eyeballs! Since I'm still a global mod over there (fear my powerz) I'm thinking of warning myself so I'll fit in.

I remember Monte's apology to the African-american watermelon community.

I remember that article I wrote about the Search for Sydia.

I remember Veebs' reenactment of Francos Spain trying to make friends through his ouija board.

I remember when I said Great Bight was a couple of tacos short of a combo plate.

I remember Crazygirl calling me a bitch for defending Thel.

I remember Tresville groping Magicality's leg under a table at Ozworld's cafe.

I remember starting this same exact thread on the s2 several weeks ago and DD coming back around there to kill off something that I'd revived quite nicely.

I remember Monte's apology to the African-american watermelon community.

I remember that article I wrote about the Search for Sydia.

I remember Veebs' reenactment of Francos Spain trying to make friends through his ouija board.

I remember when I said Great Bight was a couple of tacos short of a combo plate.

I remember Crazygirl calling me a bitch for defending Thel.

I remember Tresville groping Magicality's leg under a table at Ozworld's cafe.

I remember starting this same exact thread on the s2 several weeks ago and DD coming back around there to kill off something that I'd revived quite nicely.
Woah, I didn't even remember you had started it there. I'll change the stuff to give you credit, sorry.

Boy the way Nem watched our backs,
Flemingovia gave us the facts,
The forum was full of quacks,
Those were the days.

Nations were ejected a a pirate,
Making the region quite irate,
We handed him his ass on a plate,
Those were the days.

Yes, the way James2Spooky would spam,
OPA insinuated he needed some sort of medical exam,
Syd and Wilks were pulling a scam,
Those were thay days.

Talkin' bout the ADN and NPO,
Magicality's grace on this forum she would bestow,
Indiegirl's name still was 'Poe',
Those were the days!

Boy the way Nem watched our backs,
Flemingovia gave us the facts,
The forum was full of quacks,
Those were the days.

Nations were ejected a a pirate,
Making the region quite irate,
We handed him his ass on a plate,
Those were the days.

Yes, the way James2Spooky would spam,
OPA insinuated he needed some sort of medical exam,
Syd and Wilks were pulling a scam,
Those were thay days.

Talkin' bout the ADN and NPO,
Magicality's grace on this forum she would bestow,
Indiegirl's name still was 'Poe',
Those were the days!
Lovely.

Magnificent.

Wonderful.

Sigged.

Double Post-a-riffic:

I joined on January 6, 2004. So I'm close up there.

I think that Blackshear joined on the same day. If not, it was the day before me.

*takes a bow*

I remember being the same day. In fact, I remember Blackshear's first post - an advertisement for a vacation in Blackshear...which no one paid attention to.

In a way, not much has changed...
:P

Back