Nominations for Elected Positions

Hersfold

TNPer
Starting today, eligible Regional Assembly members may begin nominations for all elected government positions, including:

Verification in progress. Names in green have been verified and are eligible to run. Names in red have encountered a problem which may affect eligibility. Please contact Hersfold immediately if your name is in red and he has not already contacted you.
  • Prime Minister
    - Heft
    - Flemingovia
    - Gracius Maximus
  • Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs
    - Limitless Events
    - Cthul Murgos
  • Minister of External Affairs
    - Haor Chall
  • Minister of Defense
    - Romanoffia
  • Minister of Communications
    - dont pick it up
    - North Harmoneia
  • Minister of Justice
    - Alhoma
  • Minister of Arts & Entertainment
    - OPArsenal
  • Minister of Culture & Education
    - Fedele
  • Speaker of the Regional Assembly
    - Mr_Sniffles
    - Southwest Asia
  • UN Regional Delegate
    - Great Bights Mum
    - Daimiaena
  • Vice Delegate
    - Unterwasserseestaat
  • Security Council (seven seats available)
    - Hersfold
    - Byardkuria
    - Daimiaena
    - Mr_Sniffles
    - Ator People
    - North Harmoneia
    - Democratic Donkeys
    - Grosseschnauzer
    - dont pick it up
    - Heft
    - Freedom & Pride
    - Gracius Maximus
    - Blue Wolf II
NOTE: While all positions now have candidates running, this does not mean you cannot continue to nominate yourselves or others. It is always very nice to have multiple people running for an office.

We will also be holding a confirmation election for our Chief Justice, and possibly Associate Justices depending on the outcome of the Amendment. These are appointed positions, and do not require nominations.

During the nomination process, you may nominate yourself, and you do not require anyone to second your nomination. We do require that you publically accept your nomination if you are not the one who nominated you.

In order to be eligible for election (and therefore nomination), your nation must meet the following criteria:
  • Be a member nation of The North Pacific, or on active duty with the NPA or NPIA.
  • Be a Regional Assembly member
  • Have been active on these forums for at least one month
  • Have not held more than two terms over the past 12-month period, or four terms over the past 24-month period.
  • Have a UN nation (applies ONLY to MoD, UN Del, and VD)
  • Have support from at least half of the NPA (applies ONLY to MoD)
You may not run for office unless you meet all of these criteria.

The nomination period will continue until 12:00 noon (EST) on July 30th, at which time I will put the ballot together and verify eligiblity.

If anyone has any questions regarding the election cycle, please feel free to send me a message, and I will help you out as best I can.

The United Federation of Hersfold
Prime Minister
Election Commissioner (again)

Edit: Oh forget it. Darn thing's been edited.

I nominate Great Bights Mum for the position of UN Delegate.

I will assume she accepts this because she has already opened her campaign topic.

I would like to nominate Romanoffia for Minister of Defense of the North Pacific, and second the nomination of GBM.

EDIT - day late, and a dollar short.

Hersfold,

I hate to bring up a small matter of the Law in these matters but you have made exactly the same mistake as when you opened nominations in the last round of elections.

You declared then, as you have now that the last date for nominations was the last day of the month preceding the 1st on which voting begins.

This rather unfortunate error last time led to a nation's (Azazel's) late declaration of Candidacy (on the 28th April when nominations in fact legally closed on the 27th April).

The Court ruling on that matter can be found here

Perhaps you would be good enough to amend your post so that it is in compliance with TNP Law 5, Section 2, Part D (quoted to make things even easier for you)

D- Such declarations may be made during a seven day period starting 10 days prior to the designated voting period for the election cycle for the next term of office.

Grateful thanks for your kind attention to this small matter of people knowing in fact when they can legally nominate or be nominated.

EDIT: Actually on a re-read of your post I suspect you will find that whatever date nominations do legally end that it will be a date in July, not August.

Cathyy, Leader of Pixiedance

Always glad to note that I have a hawk permanently perched over my shoulder, Cathyy. Fine, then, nominations will close twelve 24 hours earlier than originally noted above.

I'd like to second Hersfold's nomination for SC.

I'd like to nominate myself for Minister of Culture and Education.

I nominate myself for Minister of Immigration and Internal Affairs

I think I may nominate myself for MoEA.
I think there might be some term limit issues, depending on how long you served as MoD last time around. But barring that, I second that nomination.

I nominate myself for Speaker and for the SC.

I would like to nominate Romanoffia for Minister of Defense of the North Pacific, and second the nomination of GBM.

EDIT - day late, and a dollar short.
I accept the nomination from MoD (which, I guess means I technically second my own nomination? :P )

I'll put up a campaign thread in the next day or so.

R

Always seems that way, doesn't it? Try running them each time.

Anyway, 'case anyone hasn't noticed, the first post is being kept updated with nominees. We could still use people to run for:

Prime Minister (can't do it again, folks, sorry)
Minister of Arts & Entertainment
and Vice Delegate.

Of course, it'd be wonderfully nice if we could actually have some contention for once. I don't know about you, but I'm kinda tired of all these one-horse races.

I nominate myself for Prime Minister and that pesky Security Council (if we have to have it, might as well make sure it does its job, right?).

Ator, I'll check to see if your eligible. I don't think you are, but we'll see.

Edit: The office of Vice Delegate only counts toward your term limit if you serve for more than half the term in the Delegate's seat. Therefore, you are eligible to run, Ator.

Back