Post yer desktop!

Or you could not have the silly songs on startup and shut down.
Lies! Lies and slander!

Silly?! Can't You Hear Me Knockin' has the best jam sesh since Echoes! And that's saying something. Since the sounds are the same size as the boring windows jingles it doesn't slow it down any more than windows would.

DemocraticDork's link was quite interesting, though.
*downloads*

desktopwx2.jpg

Here's what I got

Log in music: 10 seconds of the organ fugue section of Orichamaru's Theme from Naruto
Log Out Music: Intro to Wind from Naruto (1st season closing theme)

For the longest time I had the sound of the TARDIS materializing/dematerializing for my logon and logoff sounds.

My beard will take you all.

Okay...so I press Alt and prt scr.....then open clipbrd.exe...great....lovely picture of my desktop....so how do I cut and paste it.....try the edit tab....nope....option not available....try right clicking on image....nothing......try saving it as bmp....doesn't show up when opened....try saving it as jpg....same thing...doesn't show up when opened...try hitting computer....hand hurts....still can't post Image of desktop....
Help....
Am I missing something really obvious???

Try opening it into paint or photshop, rather than the clipboard viewer. Just pop either open and hit paste - the screenshot will be in your clipboard already (as you noticed.)

Finally.....

My Baby.....

aImage1.jpg

Aint she the cutest???

Oh and no sounds at all....can't be doing with all that....If I hear a song I want to listen to it all...

EDIT: Forgot to say"Thank you Byard!!!"

Not dumb at all - I thought the exact same thing when I saw Syd's starter post in this thread. It is, in fact, merely an XP style that looks like what I imagine Vista will look like - Royale Vista, in believe. There are links in Syd's post.

I'm just glad that my computer manages to start up and shut down within 5 minutes. Sometimes.
Poor poor bastard. Average startup for me is 21 sec from cold to login.

As for my desktop, I'll post it when I get home. :shifty: I'll prolly need to thumbnail it too... cause there will be two of them (dual monitor setup).

yup, pretty much. and it's not like I use it either. I keep my desktop very clear both at work and at home, mostly for a temporary holding area type thing until I get things filed, mostly because anything on the desktop is auto-cached and that of course slows startup. Plus note the thin blue lines along the bottom and right, autohided taskbar and trillian.

This is the oldest screenshot I have, from 5th June, 2004:

desktop2004-06-05.jpg

Yes, I did have AOL on my desktop. Don't hold it against me. It came bundled with some free download and other crapware. Never used it. IE is also on my desktop, but I used Opera back then.

And the background was rendered with Terragen.

A month later, on 27th July 2004:

desktop2004-07-27.jpg

Still Terragen.

A year later, on 5th of November, 2005:

desktop2005-11-05.jpg

Note Firefox 1.0.7 (this was just before I upgraded to Firefox 1.5). Background is a photo I took. And Skype still had a red icon back then! :D

Now, February 26th this year:

desktop2006-02-26.gif

Yay for Google Desktop! (Also, the photo is from the same trip as the other one)

Finally, the most recent ona, from May 2006:

desktop2006-05-26.jpg

Which reminds me, that's four months ago. I should take another one soon. :D

Nice desktop, Erm, but why is Mozilla censored on the third pic? Were you looking at pictures of naked ladies?

:eyebrow:

Actually, I censored it in the hopes of someone asking that question. I was disappointed on the other board where I posted this - the people there have no imagination. :P

And... oh damn! I just noticed I forgot to censor out the stuff in the fourth shot, especially the Firefox window where I was looking at the Police Blotter to see if I needed to run yet! o_O

Edit: And no, I don't remember what page that actually was or why it said "Police Blotter". :huh:

Bumpy-bump-bump!

A thumbnail 'cos it's massive:

Hasn't changed much, except it's a different bike. Now a Vincent 1949 Black Shadow, yum yum. Speaking of yum, it was for a brief time to "celebrate Wimbledon";

Oh, I'm so awful. I blame the flouride in the drinking water.

I might change it back...

Your picture ain't working!

Being quarter Manx and watching the TT Races as a kid I have an innate love and fear of motorcycles, my 'My Pictures' folder is full of piccies of old Nortons, a 1920 Ace, 1920 Excelsior, Ariels, Indians (some of which look a bit fugly), Triumphs (my fave being a nice one from 1937, a Speed Twin) and, of course, my all time fave, Vincents; Rapides, Lightnings, Shadows, lovely stuff.

If I had the money I would buy one. Not to ride (my uncle was killed on a bike, it would be a very bad idea), but just to look at. Like a painting or something.

End of motorcycle musings.

Oh, and my desktop now is the bottom of those two pictures. Mmmm...Maria.

Back