April Fools Day

Hersfold

TNPer
So what'd y'all do?

Quite obviously, Flem, the wolves and I fudged up the forum for the day... I personally think we overdid it a bit...

I changed the desktop background on my mom's work computer to make it look as though Windows had had a heart attack... her reaction was HILARIOUS, although she wouldn't stop punching me until I changed it back...

It seems also that several other forum admins had the idea to make their forums look as though they got hacked. IF Support was absolutely choked with topics along the lines of "OMG!!! HELP, MY FORUM IS HAXED!!1!" this morning... Eventually, I made this post and started linking to it whenever someone came in to panic...
Is your Admin acting strangely? Does it appear as though someone has taken over your forum?

Remember, everyone, TODAY IS APRIL 1ST, also known as APRIL FOOLS DAY. That's also why this forum is a hideous pink color.

Chances are, if the alleged "Hacking" took place today, it's an april fools joke. Yes, it is possible that you could have actually been hacked, but it's very unlikely. Please try to make sure that this is a genuine threat to your board before coming here. There are other people who actually do need help.

If you own the #1 (Root Admin) account, you will be able to undo any damage done. Go to your Admin CP, which has the same URL as your forum, except that it has admin.php at the end instead of index.php.

Thank you, and happy Fool's day.

As it is, the topics didn't stop coming in until about 2:00 this afternoon. :duh:

I'm not suprised, as it would require logical thought and rational behaviour to understand that it could have been an April Fool's joke.

Most forum goers have neither.

My mum told me Tony Blair had painted the door at 10 Downing Street red. I went mental.

Grrr.

Well it was my brother's b-day on the third, but on the 1st my parents got flowers from their friends, but they bought a card that said I love you and got one of my friends to write, "Happy birthday Randy. From your secret admirer." AT first he thought it was his friends playing a joke, but he found out it wasn't. And to this day he still thinks a girl sent him those flowers. He didn't even realise it was april fools.

Back