Technical Discussion

Scripting, methodology, institutionalism, all of it. What do we need to do to make the things in the other threads happen? How will we keep them humming, and biggest thing, how can we make it easier on all of us to administer?

The script that's set up should make things a lot easier to run.

Whenever you make a post, you get $10. Period.

If you want to pay someone money, or they pay you money for whatever reason, a receipt is sent to an Administrator who puts the transfer of funds directy into the script. X dollars will be deducted from the payer's account, and X dollars added to the payee's account. I've already tested this, and it works very well. This eliminates the need to play with post counts, and makes the whole thing a LOT faster.

How does the data get into the script?

Meaning, (thinking of the Central Bank scenario I tossed out in the problem thread), is it easier to send change amounts, new balnces, or both? As well, is it easier to send a nicely formatted list for human eyes, or a CSV file?

Here are the important bits... I added the bit labelled "Directions" for ease of use.

Code:
var sign = "$";             <--- Sets the unit of currency
var name = "<br><br>Money";   <--- Tag name
var PerPost = 10;       <--- How much money you get per post
var default_amount = 0;    <--- Starting amount for newbies

// Directions:
// Enter name of member within this space: 
// MID[" HERE "]="0"
// Enter their balance change in this space:
// MID["member1"]=" HERE "
// Positive and negative numbers allowed.
// Don't touch ANYTHING else.

var MID=[];
MID["member1"]="0"       <--- See above
MID["member2"]="0"
MID["member3"]="0"

So, if a sufficiently handy coder could write a program that allows you to

Enter a user name, and starting amount -

Perform transfers between users, tracking the change amounts -

Export the names and changes to a text file in the MID["member"]=X format with X as the summed delta of the transactions,

all the Admin would need to do is paste the new data over the list every now and again, correct?

And if the program could somehow parse the user list to set itself up, all the better.

Nekront, or another programmy type, is this feasible and possible, or an enormous pain in the butt that you wouldn't touch with a ten-meter cattle prod?

So, if a sufficiently handy coder could write a program that allows you to

Enter a user name, and starting amount -

Perform transfers between users, tracking the change amounts -

Export the names and changes to a text file in the MID["member"]=X format with X as the summed delta of the transactions,

all the Admin would need to do is paste the new data over the list every now and again, correct?

And if the program could somehow parse the user list to set itself up, all the better.

Nekront, or another programmy type, is this feasible and possible, or an enormous pain in the butt that you wouldn't touch with a ten-meter cattle prod?
It certaintly sounds possible. Don't think the program would be too overly complicated, either.

*ator people thinks its sad IF won't have a store feature until the next big upgrade.
There are hack codes for stores, but considering the horrible luck I've had with all the rest, I think I'll just leave it alone. We can set up our own stores.

So, since the problem with the money was fixed, is there a scheduled date now that transfers can begin.

[size=-1]
*ator people[/size] is anxious to start buying votes...I mean, umm, flag designs. Yes, that's it, flags.

So, since the problem with the money was fixed, is there a scheduled date now that transfers can begin.

[size=-1]
*ator people[/size] is anxious to start buying votes...I mean, umm, flag designs. Yes, that's it, flags.
Um... I suppose you can start now... although they're likely going to get reset if we change how the economy is set up.

BTW, the code author re-wrote the original version of his code to accomodate for the number formatting, which is what was giving Schnauzer problems. If anything else screws up, let me know, I promised I'd tell him.

Back