Reminder that new Election Cycle is beginning

Technically announcements begin on the 22nd (10 days before the opening of the polls and the first 7 days of the 10 day period).

R

Nice way to clarify things. You are a horrible PM, Polts! You're supposed to not tell anyone anything. You're supposed to be as unhelpful as possible. Obfuscate, dodge the question, twist words around, simply ignore them, but don't help them!

I would have thought you would have learned that by now. :no:

The constitution doesn't actually specify a declaration period (that I can tell), but I would assume GMT. Or whenever the comissioners decide to open it. *shrug*

The constitution doesn't actually specify a declaration period (that I can tell), but I would assume GMT. Or whenever the comissioners decide to open it. *shrug*
Then I think it will be open very shortly :eyeroll:

* *ator people thinks he should get his campaign speech ready! *

Nice way to clarify things. You are a horrible PM, Polts! You're supposed to not tell anyone anything. You're supposed to be as unhelpful as possible. Obfuscate, dodge the question, twist words around, simply ignore them, but don't help them!

I would have thought you would have learned that by now. :no:
:cry:

I have learnt nothing...nothing at all!!

:P

As far as I know, TNP has generally used GMT for dates/times. There have been exceptions where someone or other was a bit tardy and adjusted voting periods within the calendar day in order to assure the full amount of time required for voting, etc., under the Constitution.

Constitution of the North Pacific - no citation - look it up yourselves:
B - Elections and referendums shall take place on The North Pacific Regional off-site forum. Elections for the UN Delegate, the UN Vice Delegate, the Prime Minister, the other elected Cabinet Ministers, the Speaker of the Regional Assembly, and the Security Council, shall be held every three calendar months in the months of February, May, August, and November. Voting shall commence at 12:00 am GMT on the first day of the designated month and end at 11:59 pm GMT on the seventh day of the designated month. Voting in any necessary runoff election shall commence at 12:00 am GMT on the tenth day of the designated month and end at 11:59 pm GMT on the sixteenth day of the designated month. Nations take office when a certificate of results of an election are published.

Not to mention

See above:
C - The term of office of the Chief Justice and Associate Justices shall begin on the first day of the months of August and February. Nominations and referendums for the full term shall take place during the months of July and January. The Chief Justice and the Associate Justices shall be nominated by the Prime Minister with the advice and consent of the Cabinet, and during the interim period between the creation of a vacancy in the office of Chief Justice or an Associate Justice and the confirmation and installation of a successor to that office, the nominee shall serve as an acting judicial officer on the Court of The North Pacific and have the authority to exercise the duties and responsibilities of the office.
D - The appointment must thereafter be approved at a referendum, which shall extend for seven days, of the registered voters of The North Pacific, with the participation of a quorum, by at least a 50 per cent vote in favor of a motion for confirmation. The nomination and referendum election shall be conducted as expeditiously as practicable. If the motion for confirmation fails to receive such approval, then the appointee is not confirmed to serve as a judicial officer, and the Prime Minister shall promptly propose another nominee, with the advice and consent of the Cabinet, who shall act as a judicial officer, subject to approval of a motion for confirmation in a referendum by the registered voters of the Region.

So, judiciary confirmations open 1-24, and general elections open 2-1.

Back