What no bannings?!?!11one

Well, technically the Constitution does protect everyone in the region, regardless of forum membership... But they'd probably make a puppet and post on the RHQ to complain if they really cared themself.

Either way, if the Delegate started banning people and the people didn't want to be banned, we'd hear about it eventually.

I find it interesting that you were the first victim of plan "Eject all the people we don't like"...

I noticed it from the start (this thread). I was just waiting for the Prime Minister to comment. I had to PM him first to confirm my suspicious of humorous intent. :lol:

R

PS: I am not dense. Maybe. Perhaps.

I'm sorry if I have missed a discussion elsehwere. But may I ask for the clarification by our UN Delegate of the following:

5 minutes ago: The Dominion of The Pavonia Region departed this region for The Rejected Realms
5 minutes ago: The American Insurgency of Former English Colony ejected The Dominion of The Pavonia Region from the region.

Thank you.

Article 6, Section2:

4) In the event of explicit spamming of the Regional offsite forum or the Regional civil headquarters message board at Nationstates.net, a Nation may be ejected by the Delegate without a prior referendum vote if the action is countersigned by the Prime Minister upon the posting of the offense by a registered voter, and a second to the immediate expulsion motion by another registered voter. However, the subject Nation of the expulsion action shall have the right to a post-ejection referendum vote by the registered voters of the Region on a motion to ratify the ejection. The vote shall be to ratify the action to expel, and the expulsion shall be ratified if within seven days, at least 50 per cent of the registered voters with a quorum participating, approve the motion in a referendum.
He spammed us Earlier.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Yes, I kicked someone. That was his 2nd message in 20 min, since he was the last recruiter before we talked on the HQ. Would you like some screenshots? I also sent him a TG informing why he was ejected, and then unbanned him.

Very true Polts. You didn't. The only person I'm allowed to kick is the Devastis Recruiter. Who it will basically be impossible to get ahold of since he's so pissed at us for declaring him a person to be banned.

So, the quoted section of the Constitution does not permit the ejection that has been carried out!! May I ask why it was carried out without my countersign?! I have no problem with ejecting spammers, but I have been told many times that the Constitution must be followed, so the query remains!!

And suddenly, like that, something interesting happens signalling a conflict, and everyone flocks to the thread like buzzards.

More news at 11.

And now, for something completely different:

So, the quoted section of the Constitution does not permit the ejection that has been carried out!! May I ask why it was carried out without my countersign?! I have no problem with ejecting spammers, but I have been told many times that the Constitution must be followed, so the query remains!!
Why? because *all* recruiting takes place too quickly to allow time for the PM's agreement unless you're sitting in IRC. And I got pissed at a nation spamming TNP twice in 20 min after we'd just talked the board clear. If I had had evidence from before, they would have been reported to the mods. Unfortunately, the mods don't accept screenshots, and their spamming had been pushed off.

I sent them a TG explaining myself, ever so sorry I didn't keep it for you. I told them they'd broken NS rules, and then I unbanned them. All within about 5 min, during which they went and spammed another region.

Frankly, the kicking rules in regards to non-natives is stupid. Especially since we can now look at the NS listings and *see* who is the most native and who is the newest. But yes, I broke the rules I vowed to uphold. No question there. But I'm laughing at the person y'all are objecting to. Should have objected to the kicking of Goalvie more, at least he was a native.

I'm not arguing the case as to whether the laws are able to be realistically upheld, I didn't even get a chance to discuss the Constitution during its creation so, I have to work with what I'm given!!

Bottom line is, you breached the constitution!! You didn't even attempt to contact me before or after the event!!

If someone wants to take it further, be my guest...I'm not going to!! I'm just bemused at the reaction or more precisely as lack of reaction from our citizens who usually insist the Constitution is followed to the letter!!

I guess there is some room to move with the law depending on who is carrying out the action!!

*Hersfold tenatively raises his hand...

I motion to ban The Pavonia Region from the region for breaching NS laws governing spam.... :unsure:

:lol: This whole discussion is pointless in a certain sense. You can't ban recruiters permanently, unless you somehow expect me to be present at all times and kick recruiters out the instant they enter the region. Then, all they need do is create another puppet and voila! instant access to the region. If TNP really wants to cut down on spamming, then we need to convince the recruiters to advertise here, and that more than 15 lines is boring to *anyone* including their prospective people.

I've gotten mostly good responses from the TG, but I've seen a tirade on the TNP HQ from the one nation we declared ban on sight.

Article 6, Section2:

4) In the event of explicit spamming of the Regional offsite forum or the Regional civil headquarters message board at Nationstates.net, a Nation may be ejected by the Delegate without a prior referendum vote if the action is countersigned by the Prime Minister upon the posting of the offense by a registered voter, and a second to the immediate expulsion motion by another registered voter. However, the subject Nation of the expulsion action shall have the right to a post-ejection referendum vote by the registered voters of the Region on a motion to ratify the ejection. The vote shall be to ratify the action to expel, and the expulsion shall be ratified if within seven days, at least 50 per cent of the registered voters with a quorum participating, approve the motion in a referendum.
He spammed us Earlier.
Shall a post-ejection referendum be set up ASAP? We must do it within 7 days I believe.

I would tend to agree with Eras on the lack of need for a referendum - being as, if I recall her earlier post, they were just booted and immediately had the ban cleared, there is no remedy to be gained if the referendum fails. As such, while the right exists to the referendum, if the aggrieved nation does not protest, I would not, personally, call for one.

All this seconding of a ban that has not been called for is quite amazing!! As for the referendum, why follow the constitution now when it was ignored in the first place!!

Just drop the issue and move on!!

FWIW, I agree with you, Eras, that the banning of advertisers is pointless and that the legislation we have in the constitution is unworkable when applied to this situation!!

If the ban is pointless, why eject them?! Report them to the mods and let them warn them if they choose to do so!!

Back