Where Am I?

Neither the US nor Chile, no...but Porvenir is nearest so far.

The footprint is not that temporary, they even had a fish factory there, but it wasn't profitable enough. The, erm....place is inhabited throughout the whole year.

tropvill3.jpg

Get this: street lighting! :)

tropvill4.jpg

It's cold over there...

tropvill5.jpg

The bay area.

tropvill6.jpg

Finally. People! Three of them!

tropvill7.jpg

RM has a house over there, too.

tropvill8.jpg

tropvill9.jpg

Had to remove the flag, otherwise it would spoil the fun.

tropvill10.jpg

And a church...I hope you can't read the name.

And if you take my comment about the black guy (or not black guy, we don't know) as a hint? :P

Now you have to make the *correct* conclusions...

And South Shetland is wrong, but it is not a bad guess, only some thousand kilometres away. It belongs to a country you wouldn't expect, perhaps. Take one good atlas, then you should have it...

That was really hard, I was searching the place in New Zealand... :huh:

w0rv35.jpg

Port Aux Francais, Kerguelen Island - French Southern & Antarctic Lands

Sorry for late response...

Unfortunately it is NOT Diyarbakir, but geographicaly close ( place is not in Turkey. )

Both of the them are good guess but unfortunately they are wrong.

I can say, Baku is the nearest one so far.

Come on... :eyebrow:

Hmm Atrigea that looks quite a bit like Yerevan.

Except you'd be cruel to deliberately exclude Mt Ararat from the pictures! Those equestrian statues look pretty Russian too, and I don't know if Yerevan has oil refineries (looks like there's some in the photo)...but I'll give that choice a shot anyway.

No it is NOT Yerevan, but you're right about the Russian style and refineries... :yes:

Only other Russian city I can see that is related to Baku (as opposed to Tbilisi) in some way or another is Astrakhan on the Caspian...otherwise, apart from ones on the Don/Volga River farther away...I've absolutely no idea.

It is NOT Astrakhan, but thats the closest guess... :yes:

Let me clarify I did not say its a Russian city, only Russian style.

Then I'm walking in Memphis....
Walking with my feet ten feet off of Beale
Walking in Memphis...
But do I really feel the way I feel

Haha that WC Handy statue was the giveaway. ;)

Haha that was the city I was tossing up too - Astrakhan or Atyrau...went with former. :pinch:

Well assuming that I guessed Memphis accurately (photo matches are pretty solid proof :D) here's mine:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Back