The Last Book You Read...

Now reading Lisey's Story and Culture Warrior - No, before you say anything, I don't like O'Reilly AT ALL, but I was interested to read what he was saying. The quotes on the back of the dust jacket are disgusting comparing him to Patton and everything... ugh.

Anway, I love Lisey. King is still awesome. Seriously. [/strong bad quote reference]

House of Leaves by Mark Danielewski

It catapulted itself to the top of my favorite books list. Seriously an awesome book with a chilling story that will make you afraid of dark places, but not a horror book. It is also not a conventionally written book, very progressive and absolutely adds to the story. Go buy this book and read it, it's worth the $20 for the full color edition. I returned home from a weekend trip, sat down and started reading from where I left off. I was unable to stop reading and finished the last 350 pages in one sitting, finishing at 4am. Read it!

And I just found out that his sister, Ann Danielewski made a companion Album, titled Haunted. You might know Ann as the Artist Poe.

Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk, now reading Survivor by same author

I'm currently just getting into "The brief and wonderous life of Oscar Wao" by Junot Diaz. Pretty rad so far, and packed full of awesome references

I've never really been too much of a reader...but I'm currently reading "How to Speak Dog: Mastering the Art of Dog-Human Communications" by Stanley Coren.

I own 4 dogs, 2 Pit Bulls and 2 American Bulldogs, and I'm determined to learn more on how to communicate with my canines. I want to learn more about their mind and how they work (psychology) to learn more about their Behaviors, instincts, and such. Canines are Amazing!

After I finish that book...I'm going to read "The Dog's Mind: Understanding Your Dog's Behavior" by Bruce Fogle and then "Help for Your Shy Dog: Turning Your Terrified Dog into a Terrific Pet" by Deborah Woods.

The reason for the last book is because my one male American Bulldog, whose about 95 lbs and will be 2 years old on July 25th, is very timid around people. I'm concerned if I don't correct his behavior that he may hurt somebody. I've had him since he was 8 weeks old and he's been this way since the day he was born. I'm concerned because I know he's misleading my friends and family. He has a very different personality when I'm not home and I know he'd be the first of all my dogs to take action against an intruder in which my other dogs would follow suit (the domino effect) but in my presence if I have people over he stays right beside me the whole time and shy's away from people.

Dream of wolves or some rubbish cliched name like that. because clearly the thing you buy zoologists for their birthdays/xmas are lame books about wolves teaching humans to be successful by talking to them. bollocks

Brave new world - Huxley.

mainly because i'm a massive fan of his graddad and felt like it was one of those books i should probably read

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
What did you think? i got about half way through and got insanely bored. Maybe if i had more of a crush on Darcy i could have gotten through.

Cryptonomicon by some dude. I bought it in Cambodia because it was 1100 pages and looked really dull. I needed something to put me to sleep quickly while kicking it in my hammock and boy did it work. There were times when i fell asleep three consecutive nights without finishing a page.

Now im onto Don Quixote.

Cryptonomicon by some dude. I bought it in Cambodia because it was 1100 pages and looked really dull. I needed something to put me to sleep quickly while kicking it in my hammock and boy did it work. There were times when i fell asleep three consecutive nights without finishing a page.
Neal Stephenson. Author for the masses of computer nerds. I have read a few of his books and they are all insanely long and technically detailed (boring).

chickensoup.bmp

chickensoupwithrice.jpg

This is the book that single-handedly made me want to write and draw when I was a child.

Back